PDA

View Full Version : any more signings due

WULLIEQOS
28-01-2016, 07:45 PM
cant help but notice not much being said in our local papers about queens signing new players there are im players availible tbh a striker and a rb are needed osadollar im suprised no ones made a move for the lad at annan also i notice mark wilsons a free agent he d do a job at rb till the end of the season will anyone leave the club

scooby_blue
28-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Still a few days left until the window closes but I was hoping we'd of sign somebody else by now .
The squad needs freshen up a little

Palmyman
29-01-2016, 10:36 AM
One target David Clarkson has signed for St. Mirren and another player Kevin McCann who had at one time
been training with Queens has joined Falkirk

DouglasQOS
29-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Are we not offering enough money or are we just to slow of the mark, these guys know it's getting close to the end of the transfer market and want security ASAP.

Palmyman
29-01-2016, 11:06 AM
No idea of the financial situation re wages but tbh both St Mirren and Falkirk are bigger clubs than Queens
and probably can offer better terms

Supablue
29-01-2016, 11:13 AM
No point in signing players to warm the bench.

DouglasQOS
29-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Is that not the problem, Falkirk town is the same size as Dumfries and they have three teams, (shire, stenny and themselves) QOS should be every bit as big and trust me living a few miles from Falkirk, there management squeak as they walk along.

Palmyman
29-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Should be but really have never been in our history - even back in the early 60s when we were in the top league the Bairns
and Saints attracted bigger crowds and apart from a couple of seasons in the 1930s this has always been the situation.

WULLIEQOS
29-01-2016, 03:32 PM
cant see why queens couldnt bring players to the club its deffo a club on the up albeit a blip this season but hey as some one already touched on maybe it is the fact queens only ever offer 1 year contracts i dont know but got players coming back from injuries who were signed in the summer which will be like a new signing given the game time they have had

Spikefaethesouth
29-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I am disappointed in the lack of any movement to sign the experienced striker that Fowler says he is interested in bringing to the club. One article implied that Queens had not even spoken to St Johnstone regarding Sutton. Surely we must have at least enquired about his availability if he was on our list of strikers we were keen on! Even more problematic is that all our rivals for the fourth place seem to have been strengthening during the window and as for a right back don't get me started :).

deek5trans
30-01-2016, 12:17 AM
cant help but notice not much being said in our local papers about queens signing new players there are im players availible tbh a striker and a rb are needed osadollar im suprised no ones made a move for the lad at annan also i notice mark wilsons a free agent he d do a job at rb till the end of the season will anyone leave the club

Exactly what we need, a player released by Dumbarton and another young headless chicken who could come good but probably wont from 2 divisions below.

Maybe Flower doesn't have any contacts?
Maybe he hasn't been given a budget ?
Would he actually field any new signings ?

Let's not go down the road of thinking it could be because we arent able to attract decent players as its simply not true. (Within reason)

WULLIEQOS
30-01-2016, 08:05 AM
that headless chicken you talk about is scoring goals for fun at annan and in the queens game against them at galabank he was easily the best player on the park by a country mile as for wilson his experience will be valuable to the other young players in the squad hes been at the top of the scottish game and would do a job until the end of the season who would you bring in deek5trans

deek5trans
30-01-2016, 10:22 AM
It's a different level of football, no guarantee he would cut it and in any case its the wrong time of the season to start blooding young players in.
If we are going to sign anyone they need to be A a improvement and B good to go straight into the team at this level

StuartMcLaren
31-01-2016, 08:15 AM
I've said it before but I'll say it again, I still can't believe the rush everyone seems to be in to throw money at a 4th place finish this season! I believe both Rangers and Hibs will be out of this league next season, I don't think Dundee United and Kilmarnock will be that big a threat, we have a £250k profit burning a hole in our pockets, I think next season is OUR BEST CHANCE EVER of going up, and we should be keeping our money for then.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
31-01-2016, 10:22 AM
I've said it before but I'll say it again, I still can't believe the rush everyone seems to be in to throw money at a 4th place finish this season! I believe both Rangers and Hibs will be out of this league next season, I don't think Dundee United and Kilmarnock will be that big a threat, we have a £250k profit burning a hole in our pockets, I think next season is OUR BEST CHANCE EVER of going up, and we should be keeping our money for then.

I echo your sentiments entirely Stuart - keep our powder dry for next season but we still have to avoid the drop

Dobmeister
31-01-2016, 12:30 PM

I echo your sentiments entirely Stuart - keep our powder dry for next season but we still have to avoid the drop [/quote]

Right enough with us only being 12 points above Livi who are in the play-off spot plus we have 3 games in hand. XD

Palmyman
31-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Although we may strenghen the squad for next season imo the league will still be strong as even without
Gers and Hibs the likes of Dundee Utd / Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St. Mirren should make it very
competitive.

johnny_dumfries
31-01-2016, 07:52 PM
I sometimes wonder if we struggle to sign some players as our wage offers aren't that good ?

CptQueens
01-02-2016, 10:07 AM
I think if we are to bring anyone in now it will be someone as you say like Mark Wilson who can provide a bit more experience and foundation at the back for the younger players around them. Although personally I would like to see us stick with what we have.

Something else to note is that this may be another summer of movement as there are a number of players who contracts are up at the end of this season. I think it is important for us to take stock of what we have currently before looking elsewhere as when looking and correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a number of our players contacts are up at the end of the season.

Mark Millar
Chris Higgins
Kyle Hutton
Alex Harris (loan)
Andy Dowie
Robbie Thomson
Darren Brownlie
Dale Hilson
Gary Oliver
Aidan Smith
Jordan Marshall
Callum Tapping
Jim Atkinson
Scott Hooper
Jake Pickard
Kyle Jacobs
Iain Russell
Ryan Conroy

I know that few of these players have been topic of conversation throughout the season already

Palmyman
01-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Marshall signed an extension to his contract several weeks ago and would Reidy, Quinn and Clark really
want to return to Palmy ? On the other hand Rankin, Shiels ,Lappin, McManus would be excellent signings
but personally just can't see them coming to Dumfries. I see big (huge) striker Christian Nade has been
snapped up by Dumbarton.

Supablue
02-02-2016, 05:05 PM
So it looks like no new signings despite being told Fowler has been busy trying. We can still get loan deals and free agents but should we be concerned that we couldn't offer anyone a deal?

Palmyman
03-02-2016, 03:51 PM
No idea what Queen's plans are but I see Annan are really going for promotion by signing 5 new players during
the January window - just a pity that Nellie Weatherson is out for a few weeks as I fancied this prolific striker to
score against his old club Morton in Saturday's cup - tie.

Supablue
03-02-2016, 04:11 PM
I don't know how accurate the transfer thread on P&B is but most teams seem to have signed at least 3 players and we seem to be the only club to have brought in 1 player to replace 3.

CptQueens
03-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Fowler must be feel that he can get much more out of this group of players.

Supablue
03-02-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't think that's the reason, why tell us he's been chasing players and letting Rutherford go which means we're lacking cover in LB position.

arrol1919
03-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Without being outstanding on the pitch for most of the season we're still sitting pretty in 5th place and have some interesting games coming up with games in hand .

84yards
03-02-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping Murdoch and a fully fit Tapping and Hilson will make a difference . Plenty football left to play this season

deek5trans
03-02-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm hoping Murdoch and a fully fit Tapping and Hilson will make a difference . Plenty football left to play this season

Fingers crossed one of them ( Hilson and Tapping) might even get a 90 minutes in before the end of the season!

deek5trans
03-02-2016, 09:51 PM
IIRC sure we didnt bring anyone in last January either? I know we lost Kerr and Baird and never replaced them. The club are probably happy to try and reach 4th with the players we have.

If we want answers to whether Fowler can attract players look no further than what we signed this season.