PDA

View Full Version : Results, Table and Chat (Week 24) + FA Cup Round 2 Scores

CAMiller
30-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Like the Millers, a couple of home teams in the PL FA Cup failed to show up for their games this week. Maybe tuftydivot had a premonition and knew villamiller was going to amass 37pts and take the weekly win? fromafar has one more reason to dislike our Sheffield neighbours as their capitulation at Shrewsbury cost him our first perfect ten of the season and the 25pts bonus it would have given him so he had to settle for 2nd on the podium with gm_gm taking 3rd. Tenpast_Chelsea takes home the donkey ears
for his 6pt showing.

Some high scoring and close games in the PL FA Cup and in the league the Leeds pair continue to nip at Brin's heels but haven't caught him yet. Two thirds of the season now complete and maybe some tactical posting over the remaining 12 weeks as players complete their 32 weeks and jockey for the 2016 title.

FA Cup 2nd Round Results

leedsmiller 18 v Rotherman 10
Blade_Hater 18 v Casper64Frank 22
tuftydivot 0 v villamiller 37
pip_y 23 v redhouse 21
fromafa

Reefdc79
30-01-2016, 06:14 PM
I don't know if you noticed, but I edited my predictions about 2.53pm... I took Vydra out and replaced him with Giroud... It's at your discretion whether you keep me at 16 or drop me to 10 points...

Brin
30-01-2016, 06:48 PM
I don't know if you noticed, but I edited my predictions about 2.53pm... I took Vydra out and replaced him with Giroud... It's at your discretion whether you keep me at 16 or drop me to 10 points...

Reefdc that is a great honest post fella well done for being honest….

CAM drop him to 10 points! ;D :P

redhouse
30-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Just a point Cam did you count me Sanchez as a scorer as you do not have him down as one ? in your round up

Brin
30-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Villamiller…..way to go pal….you making a late run at me?

CAMiller
30-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Gentlemen we do have a problem. It used to be that posters could not edit a post more than 10 minutes after it was originally posted. That seems not to be the case now. Also, I used to see a post edited message on posts that were edited and that also is not the case. So in essence anyone could go back to their posts and change them after the fact. In future I'm going to have to make the rule that any changes will have to be posted on a new reply.

Thanks Reefdc79 - very honest and it does mean that you drew with MillersFanDave in the FA Cup but will still go through on the goals rule.

Redhouse - I did have Sanchez - just missed him off the round up. I notice that Nez also changed his scorer just before 3pm to Sanchez so I have that change to fix as well.

I'll post an update later.

villamiller
30-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Cheers pal...
Cam ....daft question but can we only predict on 32 weeks ....so I have to sit out of 3 out of the next 12 weeks ???
Plus can I have curly 9 or Casperfrank in the next round please >;) >;) >;)
Then we can have a beer bet

CAMiller
30-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Yes Villa - everyone can post just 32 weeks from 36. Gives people the chance to miss some weeks and not be disadvantaged.

CAMiller
30-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Like the Millers, a couple of home teams in the PL FA Cup failed to show up for their games this week. Maybe tuftydivot had a premenition and knew villamiller was going to amass 37pts and take the weekly win? fromafar has one more reason to dislike our Sheffield neighbours as their capitulation at Shrewsbury cost him our first perfect ten of the season and the 25pts bonus it would have given him so he had to settle for 2nd on the podium with gm_gm taking 3rd. Tenpast_Chelsea takes home the donkey ears
for his 6pt showing.

Some high scoring and close games in the PL FA Cup and in the league the leeds pair continue to nip at Brin's heels but haven't caught him yet. Two thirds of the season now complete and maybe some tactical posting over the remaining 12 weeks as players complete their 32 weeks and jockey for the 2016 title.

Note: We found out today that posts can still be edited long after they were originally posted and I have no way to know/notice. In future the rule will be

Casper64Frank
30-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Cheers pal...
Cam ....daft question but can we only predict on 32 weeks ....so I have to sit out of 3 out of the next 12 weeks ???
Then we can have a beer bet [/quote]

Please CAM give me Villamiller in the next round, my half a shandy against his 6 pints of lager is bound to be a winner for me.
TBF I didn't expect to be in the next round so anyone`s a bonus.

Ps. just tell Brin to put them up a bit earlier lol.

Reefdc79
30-01-2016, 09:17 PM
At least I still scraped through, thankfully... It doesn't cost me anything and keeps me entertained on a Saturday, in the future I will withhold any edits, seeing as it was a bad move anyway. Not my smartest transfer.... :P

CAMiller
31-01-2016, 02:09 AM
No problem Reefdc79 - posters changing their mind close to 3pm, especially on goal scorers, has always been part of the game but in the past they were forced to start a new reply. The FootyMad changes are to blame and as I can edit any post and it now doesn't seem to signal when a post has been edited I have a cunning plan. Would it be too obvious if next week all players except me scored 'nil points' XD

Brin
31-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Cheers pal...
Then we can have a beer bet [/quote]

Please CAM give me Villamiller in the next round, my half a shandy against his 6 pints of lager is bound to be a winner for me.
TBF I didn't expect to be in the next round so anyone`s a bonus.

Ps. just tell Brin to put them up a bit earlier lol.[/quote]

Point taken pal….I will look to post every Sunday….thing is though when I post early no one logs their predictions til Friday /Staurday….XD XD XD

Casper64Frank
31-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Brin, Tuesday night would have been ok.........
but seeing as they are up early I will fill my boots. ;D

Tuftydivot
01-02-2016, 12:54 PM
well done Villamiller, i didn't do a TFA! Machine froze out half way through posting and by time IT guys had freed up my machine I was out of time! I'd have probably only got the donkeys ears anyway, that said i would have had the windies down to lose so minimum deux points would have been scored!

villamiller
05-02-2016, 08:54 PM
well done Villamiller, i didn't do a TFA! Machine froze out half way through posting and by time IT guys had freed up my machine I was out of time! I'd have probably only got the donkeys ears anyway, that said i would have had the windies down to lose so minimum deux points would have been scored!
Whatever XD XD XD XD XD