PDA

View Full Version : £77

BaaLocks
09-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Funny, when Liverpool won't spend £XXm on new players then they lack commitment yet when the club ask the fans to pay more to watch the match it's a crime.

Sorry, you can't have it all ways round....

Anywho
09-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Gate receipts are small fry when it comes to overall revenue at that level. As I understand it the £77 tickets were previously £59, so the previous price was hardly chicken feed.

mistaram
09-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Afraid a club can charge what it likes when they have a 20 year waiting list Sad but true

AnagRam
09-02-2016, 03:32 PM
But still totally wrong mista. Football is nothing played in front of empty stadia and as Anywho says, gate receipts don't compare with other incomes at Prem level. Given Klopp's history of 'embracing' the fans in Germany I can't see him putting up with the current Liverpool board's behaviour. Hope not anyway.

vanderlaans_header
09-02-2016, 04:01 PM
It's totally disproportionate to the match day experience. There is no team in the PL worth watching at that price or even half that amount. Still if people are prepared to pay over the odds, the clubs will charge accordingly.

roger_ramjet
09-02-2016, 05:50 PM
just more moaning scousers - you don't want to pay, don't go. If enough of you don't go then crowds start to fall, then the club may do something about it. But so long as the ground is full, the prices will simply keep going up: demand based pricing isn't it called

AnagRam
09-02-2016, 05:57 PM
just more moaning scousers - you don't want to pay, don't go. If enough of you don't go then crowds start to fall, then the club may do something about it. But so long as the ground is full, the prices will simply keep going up: demand based pricing isn't it called

Oh dear Roger...you economists...so cynical. Always know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

AnagRam
10-02-2016, 11:05 PM
See tonight that the Liverpool board have said, quite simply, 'message received' and apologised for their behaviour over this one. Quite right too imo.

macstheman
10-02-2016, 11:25 PM
Yep, backed down, apologised to fans and frozen prices at current level. We need to embrace the Bundesliga principal of fans first.

Rattea
11-02-2016, 12:09 AM

A barbed wire enema is more attractive to me than agreeing with Roger but I do.

I hate the scoucers always have to be the victims and moaning. Hillsboro was the product of their own fans behaviour. They have done the same on several occasions since with hundred of unticketed fans entering games. But at hysel they were apparently victims according to them!

Many pl clubs had prices surpass £77 for top seats years ago but again they are hard done to. They demand success but want others to pay.

I beleive its only for a few seats for a few games. I bet the same fans are the ones moaning that sell tickets for much more for home games.

AnagRam
11-02-2016, 08:56 AM
I'll never understand you Rats. Sometimes you make so much sense but more often you are the absolute master of utterly banal and offensive nonsense.
The question of seat prices is one where we will differ, fair enough, but your suggestion that the Hillsborough disaster 'was the product of their (Liverpool's) own fans' behaviour' displays a level of ignorance and offensiveness that is not fitting for someone who masquerades as a forum moderator.
I won't abuse you because I know where it leads, though God knows, you deserve it and what you have written is a damn site more offensive than anything Swale recently said about you and was red carded for.
I'll also preface my comments by declaring a personal emotional involvement in the whole business of Hillsborough.
In the interests of objectivity however...I have no doubt that a small proportion of Liverpool fans arrived 'ticketless' and that a small proportion were drunken trouble makers who behaved badly...all clubs attract that min

BaaLocks
11-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Actually, football pricing does not obey demand pricing - which is part of the reason we bought in the dynamic pricing. The average ticket price for top clubs is well below what people are prepared to pay, ManUre are (and I hate to say this) an example of a club who keep their prices low to allow fans chance to go. Yes, there may be some marketing logic in there that they buy more shirts and scarves that way but it is still the case.

My main point though is the hypocrisy of the fan. On one day they are moaning that FSG don't care for Liverpool because they didn't break the transfer record on a semi-disabled, pony tailed steam roller and on the other they call it a disgrace when the ticket price goes up by £18 (as an aside, a small, small section of the ground - not enough for the 10,000 who walked out in apparent disgust). In the end, it's the eternal dichotomy of the game - if you want to see £150k a week players then someone has to pay that. Rich foreigners will do so, but not for