PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for the Yoons

stewarty27
14-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Given the media;s coverage of the oil “crisis” XD has been utterly relentless, And all the yoons jumping up n doon saying... see Scotland would have been phucked had we voted Yes. But all the polls show support for independence is increasing ?? Why is that ?
It could go down to $1 a barrel and it would make no difference,

The reason for that is Yes weren’t arguing about better or worse off.

All we wanted was the right to self-determination and a democratic Government that would act in the best interests of Scotland and her citizens 100% of the time. That in itself would make us better off... all the evidence points to that.

So the question is The No side based a lot of their argument on Oil price falling yet support for Independence is continually growing. Anyone explain that one ?

sevvy too
14-02-2016, 09:07 PM
To be fair a lot of the yes voters based theirs on the fact we had oil, but personally I think folk are starting to see the total contempt they hold us in down south.

IanAberdon
14-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Had oil? We still have oil Sevvy, but obviously the price of the stuff is currently making it uneconomic to get it out of the ground. But I voted YES & my reasons were not oil, but the chance for our country to make decisions for itself, & not have Wm dictate the vast majority of them as they do now... honestly do any of us trust the posh boys down there in the corridors to hold our best interests at heart? Of course they don't.