PDA

View Full Version : No major movement

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 06:35 PM
According to commentary today first half we played well. 2nd half pretty poor and St Johnstone had a few clear chances prior to late goal. Saints had not won since December. It appears again that whenever a team need a lift Motherwell help out. As happen when Partick got their long overdue win. Least killie drew and accies lost. Accies got celtic next killie got jambs away so maybe it's a chance on Saturday for well to pull 3 points clear of bottom. Last game was pretty even at fir hill in till pogba came on.

steviex
20-02-2016, 07:16 PM
According to commentary today first half we played well. 2nd half pretty poor and St Johnstone had a few clear chances prior to late goal. Saints had not won since December. It appears again that whenever a team need a lift Motherwell help out. As happen when Partick got their long overdue win. Least killie drew and accies lost. Accies got celtic next killie got jambs away so maybe it's a chance on Saturday for well to pull 3 points clear of bottom. Last game was pretty even at fir hill in till pogba came on.

We were utter sh1te and played like complete amateurs for the entire second half.... the pitch must have been relaid at half time cos we got worse in the second half and McGhee said we played to deal with the pitch

andyss1886
20-02-2016, 07:18 PM
They need to come out the traps and grab an early goal. Most teams come to FP, sit in an pounce on break. It's a very winnable game and with the fixtures you mentioned a good opportunity to put some fat between the bottom mob. We need to be at it.

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Considering we were away team we did well first half. Agree it was shut 2nd half and not acceptable. Not a lot between middle teams. Don't think we lack fitness it's just that we loose concentration at end.

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Agree with that. We need to start with 2 strikers. Get out traps quick and we probably need 2 goals. I find it difficult to watch at end as that's 5 times we lost goals in last few mins. We seem to loose concentration.

andyss1886
20-02-2016, 07:54 PM
**** happens, but you need to learn from it. We're not and that's a big problem. You maybe lose a last miniter once/twice a season, five times in 8 weeks is ripping it.

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 08:16 PM
True. Must be a record of some sort. Hard to take. It's like a punch in the stomach. Not had a celebratory beer on sat night for a while.

texaco cup
20-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Are we not learning from our last 5 minute errors because our manager has got the team's mind set to not losing the game and holding on to the point we have at that time.Instead of ensuring we are up the other end of the park trying to win the game and at worse end up with a draw.

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Last time we did that was moults winner against killie. He put ainsworth on late so it was possibly balanced. I would prefer he went for 3 points at end. Wouldn't mind loosing so much if we tried that. Sutton dived to win free kick. So obvious.

markymfc
20-02-2016, 10:05 PM
I get it now. Other teams players tackle , complain, push, shove, dive and they are big bad and its not fair they get free kicks. Jesus. What will the next excuse be for us being $hit ?

robsterwood
20-02-2016, 10:08 PM
That's not fair. It was pretty even match and if you watch replay Sutton clearly dived.

markymfc
20-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Rob. The point I'm making is that we consistently make the same mistakes either in the last 5 of the first half or the last five of the game and we never learn. After its all over and we've failed yet again ,we clutch at every possible excuse in order to justify or shortcomings. Right now i dont care if games are even or we had more possession . If we come away with nothing its irrelevant. We are now in the habit of shutting up and trying to defend in the last ten of every game we play. MCGHEE has to understand now we dont have the ability brains or bottle to do that. Only way is down.

robsterwood
21-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Your right. We probably need a sports psychologist to work on them as they appear to be in fear in last 5 mins and lack composure. opposition know we are there for taking. Your right it don't matter a jot who had more posession or shots or corners as stats will show only points achieved. It may be as much as 10 lost in last few mins. That's why 1 goal leads never enough. I always feel worse loosing in last min when winning as it's more points lost. Sports psychologist needed. Footballers never most intelligent but basic psychology may help.

robsterwood
21-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I agree mcghee uses different excuse each time. Pitch. Player. Referee? Never addressing glaring issue.

robsterwood
21-02-2016, 12:12 AM
What gives me some hope is that there is not much quality in split anyway. Dundee utd beat hearts. A team that beat us 6.0. And we beat utd 3. 0. ? Makes no sense. Must be poorest split for years. It's certainly worst Mwell team I seen in 32 years watching them.

robsterwood
21-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Know we are sh*t just hope there is worse sh*t than us in league. Get 3rd bottom then regroup. Accies lost to 10 man r county . County had 10 men for most of game. Mate that seen accies at celtic said they were worst on league. So we sh*t but others more sh*t hopefully. Lol

Wellup4it
21-02-2016, 09:38 AM
We played "OK" in the first half. A fair bit of pressure without really troubling the goalie. However our defending was poor throughout the game. We gave Saints far too much room from start to finish. Our right hand side was very vulnerable largely because we played without 2 full backs for most of the time. Not much difference in quality between the 2 sides but Saints had a far better attitude and were better organised.

robsterwood
21-02-2016, 08:30 PM
That's what I was saying that there is not much between Ross County to Kilmarnock. Attitude organisation and concentration at ***** times make a difference. Think reason why accies and killie are still in touch us advantage of plastic pitch.

texaco cup
21-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Sorry roosterwood but both Accies and Kilmarnock have taken more points away from home than they have on their plastic home pitches,reason why both are still in touch with us is that we are dire and can't hold onto a lead unless it was attached to a dog.

robsterwood
22-02-2016, 12:00 AM
Did know those stats. That's certainly worrying. We are becoming a joke in last 5 mins. A bad one. Seems like every we'd or Tuesday or Saturday I expect a late goal against us now. Defence not great. We probably have better attack than defence. Thus must attack last 10 mins rather than defend. It's worse well team I seen in 35 years
I'm 42. We still one of longest standing teams in Spl. I'm still proud to be well forever but worried about future. Ross c and accies have very poor crowds. Surely we can finish above hamilton hatchet mob.

wellin
22-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Hamilton are a physical side, but that is why we struggle against them. They're up for a fight where we just want to go through the motions, f***, I've seen more fight in Julien Clary than we show at times. We need to show more backbone, especially in the last 5 minutes of games.

Wellup4it
22-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Good post. Hamilton have some talent in their side but they're pretty physical and cynical at times. Over the past few years we simply haven't been able to compete with their abrasive and physical approach. Its high time we began to compete.

texaco cup
22-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Hamilton always play to their strengths against us particularly at their place.Think it's about time we played to our strengths on their pitch by keeping the ball on the deck and playing with pace to open them up.We haven't the players who thrive on a physical match with the ball in the air for most of the game,something the Accies have exploited against us on more than one occasion on their plastic pitch