View Full Version : Look at this way ...

champs95
01-03-2016, 10:43 PM
That's one goal Rhodes has for that lot, (who seem to be faltering) and due to him leaving we have Gomez on 3 and Graham on 2. Not a bad week, let's finish it off with 3 or at least 1 from Sat's game, I forget who we are playing. ????

DanRrr
01-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Just some local team Champs. Nowt to get too excited about :)

jordan12rhodes
01-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Lambert said after Rhodes went he was happy with our forward options of graham, watt, jackson and Gomez. Some guffawed at this(2 on here, many on brfcc). How about now?

DanRrr
01-03-2016, 11:20 PM
I do not think your recollection of events on here is very accurate Saxo

jordan12rhodes
01-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Seventwo and Bob.

needle
02-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Lambert said after Rhodes went he was happy with our forward options of graham, watt, jackson and Gomez. Some guffawed at this(2 on here, many on brfcc). How about now?

Of course Lambert said that he is hardly going to say different and of course some were dubious and no doubt them views have not changed .

seventwo
02-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Seventwo and Bob.

You've been dreaming and/or not comprehending what is actually written, conveyed again.
Show me the thread Mary.

There were two
one saying Lambert out and the other asking if it was too late for the play offs.

Both were p1ss takes of the ever changing reactions I was expecting from you.

The more you post the more it's clear that
You constantly change your mind yet are still most often wrong!
You don't often comment on what has actually been written just your misguided interpretation of the post.
You know little or nothing about anything let alone football.
You are always wise after the event.
Few of us would leave juniors in you care.

As for other posters insulting you few, if any, ever stoop as low as you can.

Bobcrompton1896
02-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Right saxo,whats with all this "seventy-two & bob".......fact is,Im delighted we beat boro 2-1 and Graham had an outstanding game. Im no Graham fan really,as no doubt you are aware,......hes a bit static for me,but the lad played well in a system Lambert set up which clearly helps him............Jordan Rhodes didnt play well but dont forget this is just one game. Without Rhodes goals over the past seasons we might not have been playing at this level...........Im glad he had a poor game against us,but hope he recaptures his best form for the remainder of the season so Rovers get another £2 million if boro go up.

Realistically,we probably wont get another striker as injury-free as JR,something to bear in mind when a few new players on long contracts are on the treatment table...........

I take nothing away from Danny Graham though,Ill be happy for him to prove me wrong- I think he was dead right to be disgusted about the crowds reaction to Brown in the mkdons game..and already bett

needle
02-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Seventwo and Bob.

You've been dreaming and/or not comprehending what is actually written, conveyed again.
Show me the thread Mary.

There were two
one saying Lambert out and the other asking if it was too late for the play offs.

You don't often comment on what has actually been written just your misguided interpretation of the post.

As for other posters insulting you few, if any, ever stoop as low as you can.[/quote]
That is spot on . I wish I was as articulate . I just end up telling him to f u ck off !

champs95
02-03-2016, 03:18 PM
I can recall Bob slating Graham based nievely on his record in the Prem. Not seeing him play live, choosing to ignore his decent record at our level, and refusing to acknowledge what strengths he brings to the side. It was like reading the absolute **** you see on BFFC's. It's not even that he's acknowledging the fact his record (for scoring) is much better than he predicted (having never seen him play live) now. But that's predicable too.
Rhodes is not in form. He hasn't at any point this season. The fact we got £9m and where able to strengthen also got overlooked and isn't being acknowledged now is also both funny and predictable.
How about a simple 'I was wrong?'

I can't recall anyone else on here saying that though, just the inbreds on BRFC's.

Bobcrompton1896
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the massive vote of confidence,champs. Maybe I was wrong,and maybe Im right!

I can see that freeing up the money to strengthen the squad makes sense in our plight!

You are basing all this on less than half a dozen appearances......we will all know better at the end of the season.

After all,most of Lamberts signings are playing for a bumper new contract........lets hope they are not massively injury-prone - whats all this about "inbreds on BRFCs" cocker?

champs95
02-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Most of the muppets on BRFC's are inbreds. Blackburn and it's surrounding areas are full of them. Hence ....the inbreds on BRFC's comment.
I'm basing my opinion and seeing things with my own eyes. And I've seen him numerous times over a 5-6 season stretch, as I couldn't do what you do and spout off on here with no real knowledge of the situation. Very much like the inbreds on BRFC's and the same ones who think turning up to Ewood to boo players like Brown.
An inbred - someone who is not a full shilling. Has no real opinion, just comes across as a muppet. Hope that clears it up.

And good on you for accepting exactly where yo went wrong. Good lad

Bobcrompton1896
02-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Well Im happy to admit Im wrong on Danny Graham,so far......hope that clears it up.

I do go to attend some Rovers matches (although not a season ticket holder) so have some knowledge of the situation......like you do also,I guess.

This is a forum,everyone entitled to their point of view......

jordan12rhodes
02-03-2016, 06:20 PM
Seventwo and Bob.

Show me the thread Mary.

There were two

As for other posters insulting you few, if any, ever stoop as low as you can.[/quote]

(Tumbleweed)

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Good thread lads..

needle
02-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Seventwo and Bob.

Show me the thread Mary.

There were two

(Rumbled I know I`m a cu nt)

jordan12rhodes
02-03-2016, 07:28 PM
(Tumbleweed)

needle
02-03-2016, 07:32 PM
(Cant help myself I even smell like a c u nt)

jordan12rhodes
02-03-2016, 07:39 PM
(Tumbleweed)

champs95
02-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Rumplestiltskin

AucklandRover
02-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Personally, I don't believe we should keep Gomez and Graham. I think they have been very lucky so far. Also, they enjoy the company of little boys, and don't like to be bossed by men with a fuller figure.

(cc Sam Allardyce)

jordan12rhodes
02-03-2016, 09:02 PM
(Tumbleweed)

AucklandRover
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
(Tumbleweed)

I think you've missed the irony, Saxo.

robinrover
02-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Ok seriously both should if possible be signed and be considered the corner stones of the team a quality winger with a couple of quality full backs and we are in the pound seats
of course this is down to venkys.

jordan12rhodes
02-03-2016, 10:25 PM
(Tumbleweed)

I think you've missed the irony, Saxo.[/quote]

I'm not responding to criticism or questioning of my views, I am above that..

needle
03-03-2016, 06:54 AM
Graham I would take , Gomes I`m yet to be convinced , he looks laboured and gives the ball away too much , I will be happy for him to prove me wrong .

robinrover
03-03-2016, 08:29 PM
You need to be convinced by Gomez
Christ needs you must be hard to please 3 goals in 5 games and the missing bit of creativity if that alone isn't enough what does he need to do.

needle
03-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Ive seen him I think 3 times Hull at home had a good first half then disappered . MKD had a poor game b ut scored an header and a great late free kick winner . Middlesborough was poor caught in pssesion numerous times and gave the ball away ump**** times . nEEDS TO IMprove for me and he may do .

robinrover
04-03-2016, 05:58 AM
I was there for them too amazing how 2 people can view things differently
I guess goals can sway opinions if we dont sign him we will need a creative output otherwise we will be back to square one.

Howie5o
04-03-2016, 06:01 AM
I was there for them too amazing how 2 people can view things differently
I guess goals can sway opinions if we dont sign him we will need a creative output otherwise we will be back to square one.

Have you time to be posting on here robin at this hour ..i thought you d be putting your skis on ready to deliver my letters!!:D

robinrover
05-03-2016, 07:32 AM
Not so bad where I am Howie
I live in the Cotswolds that's why I can't commit to a season ticket as its a bloody long trek however I do go as much as I can
money and nagging wife is the only thing that stops me sometimes.

Howie5o
05-03-2016, 08:01 AM
At the moment i dont know whats worse a nagging wife or watching rovers Robin !

Fair play to ya for making the trek when you can though.

robinrover
05-03-2016, 08:21 AM
At the moment the nagging wife when we were playing long ball and losing it was a tough call
another fact my is in fact Lee I amd robinrover due to the fact the local team to where I live is Cheltenham town robins.

AucklandRover
05-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Robin - we must have virtually been neighbours at one point! I was born and brought up on the edge of Gloucester.

robinrover
06-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Possibly aucks I live in stow on wold.

Saxo
06-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Why do you both support rovers?

robinrover
06-03-2016, 10:20 AM
I had a few friends there when I was a lad and went to the games with them and I always remained a loyal supporter.

Saxo
06-03-2016, 10:28 AM
How old are you robinrover?

Despair
06-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Not so sure I like the way this is going !!! XD

I see (quite rightly) they have put a stop to this 'thread' >;)

Saxo
06-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Very funny..

(Tumbleweed) ;)

robinrover
06-03-2016, 10:38 AM
35 why?

Saxo
06-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Nope, too young. Don't know you.

robinrover
06-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Saxo you are leaving yourself open with that comment.

Saxo
06-03-2016, 10:59 AM
Saxo you are leaving yourself open with that comment.

How's that? I mean your too young. My crowd back in the day would be 40 and above now, like myself.

robinrover
06-03-2016, 11:03 AM
I meant your too young comment might result in a keyhole reply from somebody that's all.

Saxo
06-03-2016, 11:04 AM
That'd be too old I think..

robinrover
06-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Anyhow I am enjoying going to see the rovers now back 8 year's ago I didn't get to see them much at all as I was a sales rep and spent my life on the road
now I am a happy posty and get alot more chances to nip up.

robinrover
06-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Actually thinking about it more like 12 year's ago
been a postman 10 year's.

Saxo
06-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Were you unemployed for 2 years then?

AucklandRover
06-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Saxo - in my case, my reasons for supporting Rovers are lost in the mists of time. My Dad reckoned that when I was four or five, I told him I liked the "Blackburn". I have no links at all with the club. And here I am, six decades on!
I estimate that I have watched Rovers live in about 30 different grounds, but I am still waiting for the Auckland pre-season tour!

alfinyalcabo
06-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Possibly aucks I live in stow on wold.

I'm in Moreton in Marsh this May Robin.. Will be visiting Stow on the Wold.. XD

needle
06-03-2016, 08:41 PM
I have watched em at 25 of the current top 4 leagues.

AucklandRover
06-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Some of the places I've watched Rovers are now non-League. Shows my age!

Saxo
07-03-2016, 01:55 AM
My initial reason was David speedie joining from Liverpool. Obviously dalglish following was just unbelievable for me. I've never looked back. The fact that its the town I live in(most of the time) is reason enough to justify my support.

Despair
07-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Very interesting the way this thread has gone I.e. Reasons for following this, that or other team.
Tradition dictates that you only follow your local team. However, that can be complicated by your actual location of birth/residence. In that I mean there may not be a local team within reasonable striking distance, or there is one but at amateur level that you may not care to devote your allegiance to. Or, there may be two/several that you could sort of argue are 'optional'.
Following a football team is primal really Ie the urge to be part of something/ a 'common minded' group. It repeats itself almost from primary school through the years and is also on the outside Ie your 'neighbourhood', your 'local' etc.
This was clearly highlighted on the recent programme The Brain where it is proven we are 'hard wired' the seek out and bond with others.
On the darker side side there is the ISIS 'issue' where it is is used to its grimmest advantage akin to the mid 30's Germany !
Anyhow it is in

AucklandRover
07-03-2016, 09:17 AM
[quote="Despair"]Very interesting the way this thread has gone I.e. Reasons for following this, that or other team.
Tradition dictates that you only follow your local team. However, that can be complicated by your actual location of birth/residence. In that I mean there may not be a local team within reasonable striking distance, or there is one but at amateur level that you may not care to devote your allegiance to. Or, there may be two/several that you could sort of argue are 'optional'.
Following a football team is primal really Ie the urge to be part of something/ a 'common minded' group. It repeats itself almost from primary school through the years and is also on the outside Ie your 'neighbourhood', your 'local' etc.
This was clearly highlighted on the recent programme The Brain where it is proven we are 'hard wired' the seek out and bond with others.
On the darker side side there is the ISIS 'issue' where it is is used to its grimmest advantage akin

Despair
07-03-2016, 10:32 AM
I'm interested Aucks , what was the year you 'selected' BRFC as your adopted team?
And apart from the recollection of saying you liked the I assume there was some other factor/s. It cannot have been our illustrious [at that time] endeavours.
Apart from the, still classic, BRFC vs Plymouth exhibition. Each and every time I recall that match it brings a smile to my face.

robinrover
07-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Cotswold rovers is a great but I quite enjoy robin rover
even though I seem to have the adopted of robbo or robin due to my screen
I wouldn't want it any other way
Another strange but true story on my post round is a chap my age who was born around here supports you guessed it Blackburn rovers
very strange how it pans out this way sometimes anyway I have been all over the place watching rovers and despite the cost issues I am stuck with them also when you are up in may
Alf fancy meeting for a pint or 3 while you are up here?

AucklandRover
07-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm interested Aucks , what was the year you 'selected' BRFC as your adopted team?
And apart from the recollection of saying you liked the I assume there was some other factor/s. It cannot have been our illustrious [at that time] endeavours.
Apart from the, still classic, BRFC vs Plymouth exhibition. Each and every time I recall that match it brings a smile to my face.

Despair, my best guess is 1952. I suspect the strip did have something to do with it also, as I collected cigarette-cards and tea-cards which featured football teams.
My first live match was at Forest when I was staying with my cousin in Nottingham. 1960, I think.
It is that period where the memories first become clearer - the era of the three Ds and Ronnie Clayton (and Mike England? Or was that a couple of years later?) My all-time favourite, Keith Newton, was just coming into contention.

Saxo
08-03-2016, 04:07 AM
You saw duggie play? Strange to me as I only know him as an old man who used to bowl at the butlers arms :)

Despair
08-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Despair, my best guess is 1952. I suspect the strip did have something to do with it also, as I collected cigarette-cards and tea-cards which featured football teams.
My first live match was at Forest when I was staying with my cousin in Nottingham. 1960, I think.
It is that period where the memories first become clearer - the era of the three Ds and Ronnie Clayton (and Mike England? Or was that a couple of years later?) My all-time favourite, Keith Newton, was just coming into contention.[/quote]

Blimey that

Bobcrompton1896
08-03-2016, 11:24 AM
I was born in Blackburn,and have supported Rovers since the early 1960s.
My grandad went to Wembley to see Rovers win the F.A.Cup the last time,in 1928. Rovers were managed at that time by..............Bob Crompton,who held the record number of caps for England as an international until surpassed by Billy Wright of Wolves in 1952.

seventwo
08-03-2016, 01:07 PM

It is that period where the memories first become clearer - the era of the three Ds and Ronnie Clayton (and Mike England? Or was that a couple of years later?) My all-time favourite, Keith Newton, was just comin

AucklandRover
09-03-2016, 09:22 PM

It is that period where the memories first become clearer - the era of the three Ds and Ronnie Clayton (and Mike England? Or was that a couple of years later?) My all-time favourite, Keith Newton, was just comin