PDA

View Full Version : Crewe 1 Burton 1

MikeSB
05-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Rare match for me and winter footy is not my choice but turned out to see how we would fare today ie top of the table vs us and have to say imo it was a very poor match to watch with little quality on either side. How they are top, God only knows as although they had the lions share of possession not many chances created and even less by us. Counted two I think in the whole 90 minutes. Where was Inman second half and although Haber got our goal, may as well played midfield as all he did was to head a ball to nowhere. Thought our defence was quite good and coped well throughout the game. Hope Guthrie is OK as looked very badly concussed with 10 minutes out cold on the pitch itself. Cooper was poor and can't see how he so highly rated as the next big one away for big money. Kirk looked good when he came on and shows some flashes of neat football. One to watch definitely. Had my usual chat with Dario though and he doesn't seem to know what's going on at this club and he leaves it to

Roebuck
05-03-2016, 09:34 PM
I did ask Dario how many coaches he had helping him at the time he signed David Platt and he said just ONE other. I asked him how come we need 87 now at RH? ;)

"Is there really that many", he replied! ;)

He was probably fobbing you off by this stage ;). I was there then and he had Pat Slack as Assistant, Paul McCann & Barry Bennell who was brought in to run the Centre of Excellence coaching. Mike Kelly, the England goalkeeping coach, used to come over as well.

We only had a Centre of Excellence then and you could only sign for the Club at 14. The place was a ****ehole and Dario was doing his best to drag it into something resembling a football club, which pretty soon involved setting up the Academy structure which gave us Championship football no argument.

It is right to debate the current level of Academy funding, but to infer that the setup in 1984 was just as good is just bonkers.

MikeSB
05-03-2016, 11:41 PM
I did ask Dario how many coaches he had helping him at the time he signed David Platt and he said just ONE other. I asked him how come we need 87 now at RH? ;)

"Is there really that many", he replied! ;)

He was probably fobbing you off by this stage ;). I was there then and he had Pat Slack as Assistant, Paul McCann & Barry Bennell who was brought in to run the Centre of Excellence coaching. Mike Kelly, the England goalkeeping coach, used to come over as well.

We only had a Centre of Excellence then and you could only sign for the Club at 14. The place was a ****ehole and Dario was doing his best to drag it into something resembling a football club, which pretty soon involved setting up the Academy structure which gave us Championship football no argument.

It is right to debate the current level of Academy funding, but to infer that the setup in 1984 was just as good

RedandWhiteSpartan
05-03-2016, 11:58 PM
Mike do you not think that Kirk when he came on looked one of the most dangerous players on the pitch?
I bet Dario really enjoys your little chats!

somersetcrewe
06-03-2016, 12:22 AM
I did ask him again why not Cat3 for anyone who keeps asking me to ask him that....

I'm pleased you're taking the time to ask the right questions now.
Just disappointed that you either didn't listen to his answer, didn't like his answer or just can't remember it.
Must be one of those for you not to record it here.

MikeSB
06-03-2016, 01:20 AM
I did ask him again why not Cat3 for anyone who keeps asking me to ask him that....

I'm pleased you're taking the time to ask the right questions now.
Just disappointed that you either didn't listen to his answer, didn't like his answer or just can't remember it.
Must be one of those for you not to record it here.[/quote]

You'd be surprised at the range of conversation we have while all you lot are gouging your bellies with coffee and pies! ;) I always listen to his replies because he is always tells the truth whatever the question.

Look, you all know where DG sits and so go and ask him yourself what you need to know. I obviously can't divulge everything he says as it is a private conversation and I probably tell you too much as it is...I always feel sorry for the legend as he sits on his own and doesn't do the director half time gin and tonic thing or even sit with t

RedandWhiteSpartan
06-03-2016, 09:56 AM
OK Mike I stand a little chastised, I might take you up on the offer and judge for myself. I would be particularly interested in Dario's opinion of our current manager's tactics and decisions

jamesdad
06-03-2016, 10:38 AM
I agree with Mike and what he said about the game . Haber knew nothing of the goal it just hit him and it was about the only time he was in the oppositions 6 yard box. I too have conversations with DG most half times and I feel that the contents are private but I will say he pulls on punches on players he feels are not performing well. I must admit he does a little lost sitting on his own and not joining the other directors for a drink.