PDA

View Full Version : Why the yellow kit ?

Acido
05-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Ok this might not matter to some fans, but its one of my biggest annoyances in footy when a team wear their away kit for no reason whatsoever. Wouldnt you have preferred the usual red n white kit today ?
We did it so many times last season away to teams who wore blue n white, we could have wore red but went with the yellow n black instead and it always peed me off. Who decides on match days that the away team have to change their kit ?

NeztheMiller
05-03-2016, 11:20 PM
It's all down to sponsorship Acido.
Different sponsors on the away strip so they all have equal ''airing'' if we wear the yellow strip.
I also wondered why it happened and someone actually asked the question on the radio earlier today and that's the answer they were told, and I suppose it makes sense keeping all the sponsors equally happy. ;D

Casper64Frank
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
We also have an all dark blue away strip which we hardly play in.
Dark blue one is sponsored by the same company that sponsor the yellow strip.
Sponsorship is big bucks.

Acido
05-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Ok thats an understandable reason if its down to the people who are putting money into the club, but it still doesnt seem right when we call our teams 'the reds' etc. We had to wear the black kit today because Walsall wear an identical red n white home kit so thats fair enough. Do the Prem have the same rule as the FL when it comes to teams wearing the same coloured shorts ?

outlaw
06-03-2016, 01:29 AM
White on the home kit, blue on the away kit. Can't use either against the porkers.

millertop
06-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Yellow kit is actualy our third kit, the away navy one seems to have disappeared for some reason

Timbertop
06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Surely we can get the same company to sponsor both home and away kits and use the away kit only when necessary. Can't imagine the sales of away kits to supporters make it a viable financial exercise.

scum_triumphant
06-03-2016, 12:00 PM
They wore it yesterday to give people the opportunity to still whinge about something if they won.