PDA

View Full Version : Matt Derbyshire's exclusive club

jvmiller
08-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Here's a look at some other people in the club Matt Derbyshire joined on Saturday. - view external link (http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2016/03/rotherhams-matt-derbyshire-joins.html)

mikemiller
08-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Add Frank Casper - scored a late winner in a 1-0 away victory in the League Cup Sept 1966. I was standing on the Kop...the weather was awful and I got absolutely drenched, but it was worth it.

OregonMiller
08-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I am sure Habbin scored at the Railway End.

wrinkly
08-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Definitely Tivoli end Oregon.
My mate used to have a photo of that goal.

OregonMiller
08-03-2016, 05:53 PM
My mate used to have a photo of that goal.[/quote]

I must be getting old, I thought I remembered it like it was yesterday.

wrinkly
08-03-2016, 06:00 PM
My mate used to have a photo of that goal.[/quote]

I must be getting old, I thought I remembered it like it was yesterday.[/quote]

I'm already old mate . I can't remember yesterday :blue: I remember Saturday though :D :D
Actually, the only thing I remember about the Habbin goal was that it was at the Tivoli end. I seem to think that the intial shot hit the crossbar and he hit the rebound in, or it might have gone in off the bar.
The bar had something to do with it - Oh, I remember - I was in the bar celebrating after the match. :P

Ericsladkilnhurst
08-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Add Frank Casper - scored a late winner in a 1-0 away victory in the League Cup Sept 1966. I was standing on the Kop...the weather was awful and I got absolutely drenched, but it was worth it.

I remember that night well, as said absolutely poured it down, I borrowed next door neighbour's flat cap, got wet through but worth seeing Frank Casper's winner.
Some years later I was talking to some Burnley fans, who we sold Frank Casper to Burnley, it turns out one of them said Frank Casper was his uncle, about the goal.
Frank Casper was a good forward for both Rotherham United & Burnley.