slaskmillereturns
10-03-2016, 05:20 PM
7/1 on skybet bristo
13/8 franchise
5/6 us

Tempting on brizzie

gwru
10-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Should let me back Rotherham, I'm a real jinx. Wouldn't back them to go down, what's joy is there in winning that bet.

Hope Brizee go down. Lee Johnson looks abit inexperienced to deal with a relegation battle. Not only that he lost 8 games on the bounce at Barnsley & they keep faith with him. He turns it round then repays there faith with deserting them. Barnsley are doing no worse without him.

jolly_roger
10-03-2016, 07:20 PM
To be honest I'm thinking Fulham.

Usually there's a team that does an unexpected plunge into the relegation places, I think Fulham might be that team this season.

welovebooth
10-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Few weeks ago same day I posted about Bristol city 2-1 to go down mk dons was 16-1

BradfordFozzie
10-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Few weeks ago same day I posted about Bristol city 2-1 to go down mk dons was 16-1

You must be gutted we've won three on the trot?!?.......and relieved no one took you up on your 500 quid bet.

Acido
10-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Should let me back Rotherham, I'm a real jinx. Wouldn't back them to go down, what's joy is there in winning that bet.

Hope Brizee go down. Lee Johnson looks abit inexperienced to deal with a relegation battle. Not only that he lost 8 games on the bounce at Barnsley & they keep faith with him. He turns it round then repays there faith with deserting them. Barnsley are doing no worse without him.

At the moment Gw that is correct, we dont miss Johnson at all and Heckers is doing well.
On this weekend last year, we won our 6th successive game and and made it to 6th in the table. Then he goes and starts messing about with the team and we totally blew our play off chances. Then as you say there was the awful run of losses this season when he should have been sacked, Ive seen other managers sacked for far less. And what does he do just 1 day after we win a place at Wembley... he leaves for where he claims 'his heart is' (Bristol). Pass th

Redshank
10-03-2016, 10:41 PM

At the moment Gw that is correct, we dont miss Johnson at all and Heckers is doing well.
On this weekend last year, we won our 6th successive game and and made it to 6th in the table. Then he goes and starts messing about with the team and we totally blew our play off chances. Then as you say there was the awful run of losses this season when he should have been sacked, Ive seen other managers sacked for far less. And what does he do just 1 day after we win a place at Wembley... he leaves for where he

welovebooth
10-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Bradford you need to thank me.
because of it wasn't for people like me realising Neil redfearn wasn't good enough regardless off how long he was in charge for and not standing for it.

Instead off the long term brigade blame Evans you can't sack him now he only been manager a month..

People like them would took us down

Acido
10-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Tarn swap places with Brizzle? Hope so :-)

That would be nice, yes please :D

millavanilla
11-03-2016, 10:21 AM

look at it from johnsons view...even though the fans and club stuck by him...he turns a big money deal down at bristol, maybe doesnt get barnsley promoted, next season possibly things dont work out..fans get fed up, sack...on the other hand, takes the deal and back to familiar ground, keeps bristol up, given money to buy players, and if it doesnt work out, sack..but with loads of dollars, and thats the difference..there would have been no guarantees from barnsley, just the same as at any other club, thats why theres no loyalty in football..

vespabri
11-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Fulham will go down in my opinion, theyre dropping like a stone and for their manager to say their too good to go down shows how complacent they are..(or was).

BradfordFozzie
11-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Bradford you need to thank me.
because of it wasn't for people like me realising Neil redfearn wasn't good enough regardless off how long he was in charge for and not standing for it.

Instead off the long term brigade blame Evans you can't sack him now he only been manager a month..

People like them would took us down

The day I thank someone who is so negative towards the club is the day I stop supporting them.

mikemiller
11-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Just been announced on TalkSport Radio - Bristol City have signed Odemwinge on loan from Stoke City until the end of the season
Must have been "emergency loan"? Can we still do that?

slaskmillereturns
11-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Fulham 8/1 to go down

Acido
11-03-2016, 10:56 PM

look at it from johnsons view...even though the fans and club stuck by him...he turns a big money deal down at bristol, maybe doesnt get barnsley promoted, next season possibly things dont work out..fans get fed up, sack...on the other hand, takes the deal and back to familiar ground, keeps bristol up, given money to buy players, and if it doesnt work out, sack..but with loads of dollars, and thats the difference..there would have been no guarantees from barnsley, just the same as at any other

millavanilla
12-03-2016, 09:46 AM

look at it from johnsons view...even though the fans and club stuck by him...he turns a big money deal down at bristol, maybe doesnt get barnsley promoted, next season possibly things dont work out..fans get fed up, sack...on the other hand, takes the deal and back to familiar ground, keeps bristol up, given money to buy players, and if it doesnt work out, sack..but with loads of dollars, and thats the difference..there would have been no guarantees from

Acido
12-03-2016, 10:55 PM
I think when he left us, he was promised money to spend at barnsley..maybe he knew the limits at the time with us and wanted to progress personally...only he knows..but if barnsley were offering less money he wouldnt have gone, so its all about the money..either way, my own opinion will never alter on managers..i will never feel sorry for any one...every single one of them after being sacked will be a lot richer than me, and ive worked for 40 odd years..they cant go wrong..wouldnt it be nice to sign a 3 year contract on say 3k a week, knowing that the moneys nailed on if you fail? and the main reason for trying to do well is because another club will hopefully come sniffing and offer you an even bigger deal..just cannot go wrong ...

Ohh yes they know the perils and there are very few managers who are 'unlucky' to get sacked, and as you say they get a fair pay off anyway so they are still laughing all the way to the bank. Robins'