View Full Version : o/t night of the long knives?

sawmiller
19-03-2016, 12:31 AM
Thoughts? (see link below)

- view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687)

Acido
19-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Which night Saw!! And who else do we want to see fall on their own swords ? :P

sawmiller
19-03-2016, 12:45 AM
pick the vast majority ofs from the H of C for starters...

p.s. .good luck with your remaining games, Acido

walter10
19-03-2016, 04:34 AM
Good grief, if slasher IDS thinks they've gone too far it must be shameful.

Great politics have hooked loads of people in to the concept of cuts - but what a disgraceful government.

ParkgateMiller
19-03-2016, 05:36 AM
IDS just gone up in my estimation. My local MP (Andrew Percy - Tory) was on both Radio Humberside and Look North on Thursday evening, complaining that the extra cuts fall on totally the wrong people so it seems maybe lots of Tories are unhappy about this.

As for Osborne, Jeez! I wouldn't half love to punch the smug little 2w@t!

Casper64Frank
19-03-2016, 05:47 AM
Never liked IDS in the first place and his resignation may be down to his views on Europe but that's doubtful.
As for Cameron being 'puzzled' by the resignation it's what I expected. Giving Capital Gains Tax relief and taking money off the disabled is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Cameron should explain to a friend of mine that's suffering from Parkinson's why he's about to have his much needed benefits attacked.
No doubt this Government will put the proposed cuts on the back burner till everyone's forgot about them.

millavanilla
19-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Amazes me why people still vote them in when weve had a basin full before..people wouldnt vote for ukip because they couldnt really trust them..ha.. so they let this lot in again..im not saying ukip would have done a good job but its hard to do a worse job than either labour or the tories..this lot have always wanted to nail us to the wall and we seem to like it..we reep what we sow..dinosaur voters electing dinosaur parties..

jolly_roger
19-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Maybe because he had a top job that IDS felt shackled in his views on us leaving the EU

Wouldn't be hard to think that he might have been threatened with a "cabinet reshuffle" if he continued to be vocal on brexit.

So perhaps he jumped before pushed with the benefit of having a cause he probably feels very strongly about as the reason.

Good luck to him

gwru
19-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Its an emotive subject disability, its like if say anything against it its like Hillsbora when everybody knows Liverpool fans without tickets caused it.

People who are seriously disabled can get as much as they want for me, cause I'm fit enough don't know what they're going through. Its people you see pull up in there mobility cars then they're walking about ok, might be with a walking stick. But if you go to claim for incapacity benefit on sticks or with some incureable illness you get turned down, saying your fit to do some kind of work. Remember that old story the boy who cried wolf to all those faking disability.

mikemiller
19-03-2016, 11:24 AM
If IDS thinks that the Chancelllor has gone too far, things must be even worse than what we thought!

sawmiller
19-03-2016, 11:46 AM
A close and dear friend of mine has MS (relapse and remitting) - they are bed ridden at times, sometimes cannot see properly and with some motor impairment, and at other times, able to walk around and go and do a good day's work - apparently looking okay to the general public when able to be out and about. When in remittance not so long back, they went out to the shops and used a disabled space (this condition can kick in without any/much warning) - when leaving their vehicle (with blue badge displayed), a member of the public started swearing at them/verbally abusing them.

Of course, there are a relatively small number of people who do 'fake' illness/incapacity, but I reckon they are likely to be the tiny minority - please think about that.

Acido
19-03-2016, 10:03 PM
pick the vast majority ofs from the H of C for starters...

p.s. .good luck with your remaining games, Acido

Tahh kid, and by the sounds of it we had a fair bit today (but none last week against Southend, so it evens itself out) ;)

mikemiller
20-03-2016, 12:29 AM
The Millersmad messageboard has been jammed by dyslexic people who think that IBS has resigned... although he has left the site "for good" many times before, he is likely to be back, and at the moment has "given up for Lent" apparently

walter10
20-03-2016, 10:11 PM
IDS on the attack today. Saying what Labour has been saying all along. Cuts off the back of the poor and policy designèd to split society. But no worries, they dont vote Tory anyway.

Add this to plans with education and their true colours are coming through - they dont give a stuff about ordinary working folk.

millmoormagic
20-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Its an emotive subject disability, its like if say anything against it its like Hillsbora when everybody knows Liverpool fans without tickets caused it.

Wow, have you been hiding under a rock when the inquests et al have been published, how someone can still hold that view is beyond me, though nothing really surprises me on here to be fair.

gwru
21-03-2016, 12:25 AM
For all the inquests tell me what caused it. If Liverpool fans hadn't turned up without tickets it wouldn't have happened. Then police made a mistake letting them in but once they got in they got in they crushed there own supporters.

Somebody tell me different.