PDA

View Full Version : O/T The England Football Team

frogmiller
28-03-2016, 08:12 AM
I watched the match against Germany yesterday morning and I have to say that it was the best England performance that I have seen since watching them play.

The speed of attack, the speed of closing down, the creating of chances were all of the highest quality.

Genuine excitement for the future

Shark27
28-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Kane and Vardy should definitely be in the Euros squad. I would take Rooney as well (if he is 100% fit). Welbeck always does ok for England so he should be in with a shout. Still to be convinced by Sturridge.

Overall I think midfielders and forwards are looking good for England but centre backs could be our weak point.

frogmiller
28-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I totally agree wt the centre backs Shark. I thought that the midfield was both defensive and had so muck movement in attack.

I've never seen such an all round display. The nearest thing that I have seen was against Holland in the Euro96

Other teams will be fearfull of us.

millmoormagic
28-03-2016, 11:41 AM
We need a bit of luck but get through to the semis and who knows? I personally think that this tourney may be too soon, but the seeds are there for a really good team set up.

a123
28-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Golden generation anyone?

We'll do what we always do flatter to deceive and struggle our way out of the group, win the second round game, get to the quarter finals against one of the more fancied teams playing their strongest team rather than trying things out in a freindly, perform abjectly and come home with our tails between our legs.

Only to repeat ad infinitum before every future major tournament.

michaeldc
28-03-2016, 04:23 PM
We've got a decent squad so we may upset the apple cart but our defence is the big worry and has been for many years so we'll have to outscore teams if we want to get anywhere.

Interesting to consider that Europe's best teams are not firing on all cylinders so I think we can give any of them a decent game. I doubt it'll be enough but hopefully we'll not show ourselves up like in Brazil.

CAMiller
28-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Typical French logic - we get a thread that's actually about football and he puts bloody O/T XD

Ellis_D
28-03-2016, 06:58 PM
It wasn't just me then Frog. It was the most excited I've ever been for a friendly. Some of the football was incredible. After they went 2-0 up, we lost our inhibitions and annihlated them.

Unfortunately, I think a123 will be correct.

Oh, and Rooney shouldn't be in the team anymore. Kane, Vardy, Dele Alli and Barkley should all start. But Hodgson, like all managers before him (other than Sir Alf Ramsey refusing to bring back Jimmy Greaves for the final) will bottle it and not dare to make such a brave decision.

Shark27
28-03-2016, 09:37 PM
We've got a decent squad so we may upset the apple cart but our defence is the big worry and has been for many years so we'll have to outscore teams if we want to get anywhere.

Interesting to consider that Europe's best teams are not firing on all cylinders so I think we can give any of them a decent game. I doubt it'll be enough but hopefully we'll not show ourselves up like in Brazil.

'We've got a decent squad'? I never realized you played for England Michael. which one are you?

Ellis_D
28-03-2016, 11:09 PM

'We've got a decent squad'? I never realized you played for England Michael. which one are you?[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA, excellent! Why are you taking credit for other people's achievements, Michael?!

michaeldc
29-03-2016, 09:14 AM
'We' as in the English collective of which I am a part, much like I refer to Rotherham as 'we' though if you can't understand the subtle difference and nuances then your problems are bigger than I thought. Also, at no point do I state that I take personal pride in the players achievements. You're reaching, it isn't clever or funny but it does make you both look stupid and petty.

Ellis_D
29-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Lol. You are the one who has decided upon these rules, I'm just tying to work out what they are.

michaeldc
29-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Yep, thick as two short planks.

Ellis_D
29-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Hahahahaha.

Shark27
29-03-2016, 05:38 PM
'We' as in the English collective of which I am a part, much like I refer to Rotherham as 'we' though if you can't understand the subtle difference and nuances then your problems are bigger than I thought. Also, at no point do I state that I take personal pride in the players achievements. You're reaching, it isn't clever or funny but it does make you both look stupid and petty.

'We' as in the same context as I said then (English collective of which I am part).

Brin
29-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Hahahahaha.

Ellis…..You've been called out….nice to see you haven't spat the dummy out….;D

Shark27
29-03-2016, 06:00 PM
The insults are only coming from one person on this thread Brin.

Ellis_D
29-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Lol. Exactly. Listen, I don't care what anyone calls me. If someone's insults on a computer screen who you have never met or are likely to meet really hurt you or offend you, you need to grow a thicker skin, and grow up a bit.

I just find Michael's view on this very strange and full of contradictions. And really quite funny too.

Ellis_D
29-03-2016, 06:17 PM
(Oh, and no need to close this thread down because me and Shark have been insulted either. We are big boys.)