PDA

View Full Version : get in DERBS

millertop
05-04-2016, 02:08 PM
OVERTURNED

Right i'm off, see you there

mikemiller
05-04-2016, 02:13 PM
A pleasant surprise! (It's on RUFC Official Twitter) - not clear whether it is now a "yellow" or nowt

Kez10
05-04-2016, 02:21 PM
He didn't even get a yellow so can play tonight x

PeteWaller
05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Very pleased to see this.
But, a poor decision by Friend taking us down to 10 men with 30 minutes still to play, could have cost us. He should be made to forfeit his wage ;D ;D

Ericsladkilnhurst
05-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Very pleased to see this.
But, a poor decision by Friend taking us down to 10 men with 30 minutes still to play, could have cost us. He should be made to forfeit his wage ;D ;D

Totally agree with comments, Leeds could have walked away with 3 points, & cost the Millers.
Should the referee have a good look in the mirror, after not witnessing the incident, he was led by the Leeds players to give a straight red card, bad refereeing.

michaeldc
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
This is amazing, I don't remember us having a ban reduced or wiped out before (must have happened at some point though). Whatever happens this season we can't really say we haven't had the rub of the green lately, even when bad things happen we come out on top recently which is very un-Rotherham like. I didn't think for a minute this would happen to be honest!

A minor point though, the red card isn't overturned or rescinded, it'll still go on Derbyshire's previously clean record, what's happened is the panel have decided that the referee made an mistake and wiped out the ban. it's not a comment on his skills as a referee and isn't intended as such. Despite it being a poor decision and him being easily influenced by Leeds players!

redhouse
05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
It would be brilliant if he scored the winner tonight :D

villamiller
05-04-2016, 03:08 PM
It would be brilliant if he scored the winner tonight :D
It would be brilliant if anyone scored the WINNER tonight ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CAMiller
05-04-2016, 03:28 PM
It's amazing as we always seem to 'loose' these appeals ;D

Deepmidwinter
05-04-2016, 03:51 PM
On a serious note this represents a slap in the face for the referee who obviously sent Derbyshire off without seeing the incident. Typical of the gross incompetence we have seen at New York for the past 3 years. You would expect better from a ref with Premiership experience however.

millerman_in_newyork
05-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Great news and the right decision. Makes me angry looking at the video and watching the Leeds players deceive the ref though and thankfully we won the game. Suppose you have to give some credit to the ref for not being stubborn and admitting he got it wrong-unless the panel overruled him-not sure how these things work.

Michael Dc- I think Bowery got his red overturned last season after his ending off v Middlesborough but he wasn't a regular in the team so didn't make much difference. Derbs can make a real difference in these next 3 games though, so delighted for him and the team with these next 2 games in particular being massive 6 pointers.

PerigordMiller
05-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Great news. And the right decision.

Can't even make the matchthread tonight (apologies Frog) due to incompetent social arrangements made by others.

Make some noise for me & get the bovril in.

villamiller
05-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Great news. And the right decision.

Can't even make the matchthread tonight (apologies Frog) due to incompetent social arrangements made by others.

Make some noise for me & get the bovril in.
Plastic XD XD XD

michaeldc
05-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Suppose you have to give some credit to the ref for not being stubborn and admitting he got it wrong-unless the panel overruled him-not sure how these things work.

I'm pretty certain referee's aren't involved in the process. It's just a panel that decide if an error was made and act accordingly. I know it costs money to appeal, about a grand I think so the poorest teams are less likely to do so which... kinda sucks.

gwru
05-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Right news. Play Derbs & D Ward tonight.

CTMilller
05-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Good. Interesting to speculate a) whether it would have been the same verdict with Steve Evans in charge and b) whether they would have overruled a red if the result had been different. Had Rotherham lost, the issue of refereeing competence would have been called more into question and I suspect the panel may have been more inclined to protect Mr Friend's reputation.

In any event, a real positive and no point in worrying about might have beens in terms of the outcome. That the ref let play carry on in the 90th minute, which led to our penalty and ultimate victory, was a very acceptable quid pro quo; one he could easily have made the wrong decision on...

Brin
05-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Good. Interesting to speculate a) whether it would have been the same verdict with Steve Evans in charge and b) whether they would have overruled a red if the result had been different. Had Rotherham lost, the issue of refereeing competence would have been called more into question and I suspect the panel may have been more inclined to protect Mr Friend's reputation.

In any event, a real positive and no point in worrying about might have beens in terms of the outcome. That the ref let play carry on in the 90th minute, which led to our penalty and ultimate victory, was a very acceptable quid pro quo; one he could easily have made the wrong decision on...

Just goes to show how incompetent…inept….weak he really was on the day…..

Prem standard? Err no….

kempo
06-04-2016, 07:55 AM
This is amazing, I don't remember us having a ban reduced or wiped out before (must have happened at some point though). Whatever happens this season we can't really say we haven't had the rub of the green lately, even when bad things happen we come out on top recently which is very un-Rotherham like. I didn't think for a minute this would happen to be honest!

A minor point though, the red card isn't overturned or rescinded, it'll still go on Derbyshire's previously clean record, what's happened is the panel have decided that the referee made an mistake and wiped out the ban. it's not a comment on his skills as a referee and isn't intended as such. Despite it being a poor decision and him being easily influenced by Leeds players!

Nonsense..Of course the card is rescinded...His record would show rescinded red card.

Why do people write such rubbish?