PDA

View Full Version : If Lambert were to go..

jordan12rhodes
08-04-2016, 04:17 PM
And it has to be done on a very tight budget moving forward(if you can call it that).. Who to manage us for you?

Gary bowyer back for me. Proven he can manage under those circumstances and will deal with venkys unlike many others wouldn't.

Fire away, fire away.. ;)

Howie5o
08-04-2016, 05:29 PM
And it has to be done on a very tight budget moving forward(if you can call it that).. Who to manage us for you?

Gary bowyer back for me. Proven he can manage under those circumstances and will deal with venkys unlike many others wouldn't.

Fire away, fire away.. ;)

After calling out Auks for weeks on end as pro GB which he wasnt ..you now say this .

I think youre a dingle..as well as a *** pest ..XD

Despair
08-04-2016, 06:07 PM
He's obviously at a loose end, and is angling for some company.

All will be revealed in the coming weeks, and all of this is no surprise whatsoever for all who have been on Venkys 'Magical Mystery Tour'. (reckon there's a song in there somewhere!).

jordan12rhodes
08-04-2016, 06:09 PM
You know what's coming..

(Tumbleweed).

Despair
08-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I just wonder if, when the dust has settled, finally there will be some sort of recognition that the supports (earlier seen as: irrational) fears over Venkys tenure, were not after all without foundation ???

Howie5o
08-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I just wonder if, when the dust has settled, finally there will be some sort of recognition that the supports (earlier seen as: irrational) fears over Venkys tenure, were not after all without foundation ???

The one thing i dont understand though Despair is the venkys turned 80M plus debt into shares which they hold which on paper have no value what so ever ..how does that stand ? Is that in some ways not accepting the debt ? Writing off some of the debt ?

Despair
08-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I didn't know that, I was under the impression they had simply converted some debt into shares and in this way managed to release the club from the embargo.

I do not claim to fully understand the mechanics of share 'management', but for my simple understanding there has to be some form of valuation put against the venture you are proposing to offer a share of.
So for arguments sake if something is valued at 20m and you propose to offer out total share ownership of it at £1 per share, that's 20m shares being offered.
There has to be a mechanism to control the activity (I would think). The monopolies commission or some such.
Now if you put say 11m into the venture and the venture is successful and the venture realises a revised valuation of say 60m then your share valuation profit has rocketed to 33m . A nice little earner,
On the other hand if Venkys have converted the 'debt' of 80m into shares of ??? What the hell are the valuations of these shares? In this I am with you, they m

AucklandRover
09-04-2016, 12:38 AM
I wonder if they've considered floating those shares on the stock-market for general purchase. Obviously, they would start at a very low price!
In fact, I suspect the relevant authorities might not even allow such a venture.
We need a resident expert to shed some light on all this.
Dan - is that you?

Howie5o
09-04-2016, 05:28 AM
November 2014 Venkys turned a FURTHER 15M into shares ...plus another 3M to get out of the embargo before Lambert arrived. - view external link (https://twitter.com/northern_rover/status/528521836632756224?lang=en)

Despair
09-04-2016, 06:18 AM
Right, so using my terrible memory and limited knowledge of shares management;
Venkys purchased BRFC for 23m and took on a 23m? debt.
Whether that equates to the value of the club as 46m or 0m, not too sure.
Now assuming that debt was to 'the bank/bankers' someone is looking for a return upon their loan.
It is said/presumed that all of our current debt is owed to Venkys, so that suggests the debt was actually 'offset' against the value of the club ie it actually was worth 46m.?
Now I may be wrong here but I am wholly unaware of any business/s owning their own debt, rather than towards investors / banks. So I have to assume likewise for Venkys.
To add further complication they did set us up as a 'separate entity' from their core business/s way way back. So I have to assume they cannot (legally anyway) offset these losses against their off shore businesses. However, they did alter their banking connections from here to India did they not, or am I mistaken. So did / does this give t

AucklandRover
09-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks, Despair. I have to say I NEVER believed the asset-stripping theory, even in the dark days of Kean. I always argued that a football club is the worst business in the world to choose for asset-stripping!
I still think the most likely motive behind Venky's football investment was the creation of a flagship PL venture in Europe to give their company world-wide kudos. Unfortunately, from their point of view, they sought advice and local management from a set of seaside donkeys with dubious morals.
The mystery to me is why they didn't cut their losses after our first season in the Championship. Now, it is beginning to look as if they are staying. After all, there is no likely scenario by which they will get their money back - let alone sell at a profit.

jordan12rhodes
09-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Venkys know they've fcked up, that's why they're still here. I really don't believe they are the bad people many make them out to be, just very misguided and naive when it comes to football .

AucklandRover
09-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Hard to argue with that. It just shows that even successful business-people don't get everything right.

Despair
10-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Yep, it was a global marketing venture from the off (pretty much what I had deduced way way back as the only plausible reason).
And yes they have not consciously sought to destroy us as that is simply crazy, they've just been extremely naive/ foolish in their management of us.
My annoyance is that they had many many well meant promptings on how they were doing it wrong. Yes, it may have got to the point where they arrived at 'well just WHO can we trust'.
Maybe taking on board and listening/heeding the supports 'concerns' would have been a start.
They are not the first overseas investors to come in and make a pigs ear, and yet the 'trait' is all too familiar : ' I/we will do it OUR way as we don't need others to tell us how to run things'.
Pride comes before........and all that.
As suggested within the LT comments page, there is possibly internal wrangling going on within the Venky Towers as to 'what next'. In this I suspect it's Madame vs the two 'brothers'. It seems to have be

robinrover
10-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Well for venkys they are at a crossroads
Throw more money at a failed venture or stick with what we have
The latter will result in Lambert walking and more than likely relegation to league 1
Now this most be a unwanted predicament for the 3 idiots but if this venture was for global exposure then there must be one answer only.
Let's hope they share the same viewpoint.

AucklandRover
11-04-2016, 12:12 AM
If they stay with us and we do manage to claw our way back to the PL, they will be able to present themselves as a successful rescue-mission. Now, we all know how ridiculous that portrait would be, but I suspect they might be able to get away with it in an outside world that has no particular interest in/allegiance to Blackburn Rovers.
(I keep trying to make myself believe in scenarios which do not see us abandoned as a sinking ship). :blue: