PDA

View Full Version : The Crewe Alex Lie.

Alexman
10-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Before I write this, this is my opinion and my opinion only. Not intended to insult anyone.

So lets see what Davis has had to work with over the course of the last 4 years.

Best training Facilities outside the Championship
Around a middle lower half league one budget, by far not the lowest budget.
A conveyor belt of raw talented kids, who trained right could've done a lot better than they have.
More transfer funds than half of the clubs in this league over the past 4 years, 100k for Inman, 60k for Pogba, 30k for west etc
Loan funds, Ajose, Aneke, Uche, Tate all on over 2k-3k a week loans

This club could do so much better than it is, but the board doesn't want to push or try because they dont want to spend money. So they've fed this "Crewe Alex unique club" and "Crewe Alex way" **** to our fans for years so they don't have spend money to push this club higher up the league, and fans will accept this because of the "Crewe Alex way" and still buy Season tickets. Its a blatan

MikeSB
10-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Its a 'results business' so Mr Bowler said not that long ago and so what's changed his opinion?

The most worrying thing is SD saying now the team can't be motivated and they can't be bothered etc and so how can any manager continue when this happens as its nothing to do with what league or what match is being played surely. And this board does nothing as they haven't since the writing was on the wall back in August, Oct, Dec, March and now. I was just hoping we would hear that there would be a board meeting to discuss all this and a statement issued to fans.

Andy on P&G was a usual right in that he said that NOBODY could have done worse than SD and Collins this season and at half the price too...

Can you imagine anyone turning up for work and sitting there and saying they couldn't be bothered and then pick up their wages each time? That cannot be acceptable in any business and so why are the board accepting the status quo? Any idea what we lose by being relegated? 350

Furberstreet
10-04-2016, 12:55 PM
I agree with the posts above. It may well suit the Board that Crewe are in League Two next season. Davis has had opportunities to build a team to stay in League One, but the vast majority of his signings have been duds and he has displayed tactical and positional ineptitude consistently over the past three seasons. Even with glaring deficiencies needing remedying at the end of the previous two seasons, he did nothing to avoid repetition until relegation has been achieved. He is a busted flush and needs to go. The Board have retained him and we have to listen to drivel about him looking to bounce back next season - the playing squad is nowhere near good enough and I cannot see Crewe attracting the type of players needed for a strong promotion push next season.

Fresh perspective and ideas are needed quickly. Look at what Warnock has achieved at Rotherham with the same players Redfearn had. Maybe the players here can be motivated under new management. The club badly needs fres

itwasin
10-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Well some Predicted this at the start of the season,what with more Coaches than National Express,more Managers than Barclays Bank, and that Brick around the first team called an Academy the writing was always on the wall for the 1st Team,even the Bookies had Crewe bottom before a ball was kicked so why no one else at the club saw it makes you think they have given up,and proved it good style.

pvfcoasis1996
10-04-2016, 02:34 PM
If ma dad wasn't such a ****er id be a stoke fan. Proper big club Stoke

ChalkDust
10-04-2016, 03:09 PM
[quote="Alexman"]Before I write this, this is my opinion and my opinion only. Not intended to insult anyone.

So lets see what Davis has had to work with over the course of the last 4 years.

Best training Facilities outside the Championship
Around a middle lower half league one budget, by far not the lowest budget.
A conveyor belt of raw talented kids, who trained right could've done a lot better than they have.
More transfer funds than half of the clubs in this league over the past 4 years, 100k for Inman, 60k for Pogba, 30k for west etc
Loan funds, Ajose, Aneke, Uche, Tate all on over 2k-3k a week loans

This club could do so much better than it is, but the board doesn't want to push or try because they dont want to spend money. So they've fed this "Crewe Alex unique club" and "Crewe Alex way" **** to our fans for years so they don't have spend money to push this club higher up the league, and fans will accept this because of the "Crewe Alex way"

Alexman
10-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Include the academy budget its over 2million :) We cannot have separate budgets and compare them to all other clubs who have their academy budget in their yearly budget.

Also Burton have a 750k budget according to their fans?

pvfcoasis1996
10-04-2016, 05:35 PM
you no whats funny.
I married my sister.