PDA

View Full Version : Crewe Alex Protests happening

Alexman
12-04-2016, 05:10 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684181598502199/1695398520713840/?notif_t=group_activity¬if_id=1460478389856128

I cannot link in the external link box due to insufficient posts?

300 People already signed up, including Jules Hornbrook the author of those books. Looking at the members so far it does seem that a lot of the Davis Supporters have turned.

Main stand protest, over 400 posters already made, several banners as well. The protest will be going near the commentary areas then moving to the dugout areas after 77th minute. Don't worry if you're a ST holder the protest will work around you as stated, due to it being unfair if the protest kicks ST holders out of their seats.

I'm never normally someone who takes action like this, but the disgraceful comments by SD yesterday has infuriated me and many others. He has to go, he's not only dividing the fan base, he's driving away future supporters and angering many older fans in the process. The club will lose so much money

PAULCAFC
12-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Can`t wait for Jules`s new book, `MY PROTEST AND HOW IT CHANGED MY CLUB` next year? anyhow i`m all for it because Davis will take us into non league soon, guaranteed!

jimmyboldon
12-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Am I missing the bleeding obvious? Why 77th minute?

Alexman
12-04-2016, 08:08 PM
A tad random, but because we were founded in 1877 and its close to the number of goals we have conceded (75).

jimmyboldon
12-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Should have gone for 76 then as a compromise.

Timmy58
12-04-2016, 08:28 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684181598502199/1695398520713840/?notif_t=group_activity¬if_id=1460478389856128

Hopefully everyone gets on board although I respect those who have a different opinions. The protests for Holland got him out, this has to get Davis out as well.

Let's hope not. The last thing this club needs is to be run by angry supporters. The board have done a very good job over the years and whilst we are enduring a lean time at the moment the answer is not the angry mob routine to get rid of a manager. Where does it end!

OgerAlex
12-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Timmy, fair play, you are a wind up merchant.

GrantObvCAFC
12-04-2016, 08:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1684181598502199/

Please feel free to come and have a nosey! We aren't an angry mob, we are just a group a very frustrated fans.

Timmy58
12-04-2016, 09:23 PM
We are all frustrated and peaceful protest is fine. Abuse isn't. I recall the, quite frankly, shameful behaviour towards Steve Holland who was given vile abuse and even his family copped for it. There is no place for anything like that. Football, indeed life, is all about opinions. There are people who thought it a good idea to give the Tories another 5 years. My humble view is that Davis should be left to get on with his job throughout the summer and I suspect that failure to improve the situation will result in change. It is the easiest thing in the world to rant and rave and demand that heads roll. But I have genuine fears that to bring someone else in to work under the same constraints that the current incumbent has had to deal with for the last 3 years will just result in more instability. Midway through October and languishing in the very lower reaches of League 2 I am sure will provoke some action from in high. But I would like to give that a chance!

TrinidadsNumberOne
12-04-2016, 10:27 PM
So we should give Steve Davis a FOURTH attempt at getting it right after three consistent seasons of failure? You fear that bringing someone else in would cause further instability? These players will not play for this arrogant delusional manager and that is a fact. We are on course to equal our record lowest number of wins in all competitions in a season in our entire history. That hasn't been done since 1957. Surely that one stat on its own is enough to warrant the removal of the woeful Steve Davis.

Instead of more of the same, let's push the board into taking this risk, let's be honest, it can't be any worse can it? All we need is the players to believe in the management and vice versa. Evidently, that's not the case under the awful Davis. The protest is exactly what we need as without it the status quo will remain and ST sales will slump. No one in their right mind wants to watch awful football for a fourth straight season next year and Steve Davis has to go if we are to have an

Alexman
12-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Don't bother TNO, I think timmy58 is a WUM. Surely nobody thinks Davis deserves another chance to mess this club up further.

Furberstreet
13-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Unfortunately, the Board appears to believe that Davis should be retained. The results business mantra rings rather hollow at present.

itwasin
13-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Bowler should be looking at his position also he is past it,and has presided over this mess for the last 3 years and done Nothing! The man at the top should take the rap. A bit like Fred the Shred,Remember him and his knighthood?

Alexman
13-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Davis already coming out in the media and hiding behind his players to try and stop the protest. The same players that don't play for him, the same players that he recently said were "losers" and the same players he throws under a bus every game when we lose. Im starting to think he might believe what he says?

alexbarmy
13-04-2016, 04:04 PM
A fans form to follow on April 28th can only be good news.

alexbarmy
13-04-2016, 04:08 PM
[quote="Timmy58"]We are all frustrated and peaceful protest is fine. Abuse isn't. I recall the, quite frankly, shameful behaviour towards Steve Holland who was given vile abuse and even his family copped for it. There is no place for anything like that. Football, indeed life, is all about opinions. There are people who thought it a good idea to give the Tories another 5 years. My humble view is that Davis should be left to get on with his job throughout the summer and I suspect that failure to improve the situation will result in change. It is the easiest thing in the world to rant and rave and demand that heads roll. But I have genuine fears that to bring someone else in to work under the same constraints that the current incumbent has had to deal with for the last 3 years will just result in more instability. Midway through October and languishing in the very lower reaches of League 2 I am sure will provoke some action from in high. But I would like to give t

TrinidadsNumberOne
13-04-2016, 04:12 PM
How can a fans forum be good news? In what way has six weeks changed that we require another fans forum? Just a pointless exercise in patronising loyal fans disgruntled with the club even more. Davis, Dario and Bowler certainly won't be getting the easy ride they had at the last forum that's for sure.

Timmy58
13-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I don't think anything at the ground was OTT towards Holland. I don't buy the now urban myth about his family enduring abuse - I think there was some poetic licence in exaggerating events.

If you were to give me a choice I would take Davis over Holland every day.

It is not a myth about Holland and his family enduring threats and abuse. I know someone who lived very near to him and their wives were friends. He suffered appalling abuse both out in public and at his home. Shocking and utterly unacceptable

BenAlex
13-04-2016, 05:46 PM
For what it’s worth I would say don’t go to the remaining home matches, let them play in an empty ground, let the silence be the thunderous. My season ticket has gone in the shredder, I won’t be renewing next season.

Sick of being mugged and taken for granted that as a supporter I will still pay to watch dire football, I have been a fan for over 30 years so I have seen the bad times, it’s not enjoyable anymore, I would like to walk up Gresty Road thinking we have a chance to win, or I can only see a win today, not I wonder how many we will lose by today, why would I pay for that?

I will still be a fan but a paying supporter no, not until I see a change.

Alexman
13-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Fans forum is just them patronising us fans.

bigroof
13-04-2016, 07:37 PM
How can a fans forum be good news? In what way has six weeks changed that we require another fans forum? Just a pointless exercise in patronising loyal fans disgruntled with the club even more. Davis, Dario and Bowler certainly won't be getting the easy ride they had at the last forum that's for sure.

Rather than thinking of it as patronising, think of it as the club actually responding to fans, which makes a change. Sounds like you're going to it. What questions do you think they'll find difficult, or awkward?

TrinidadsNumberOne
13-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Last time the questions were carefully selected. Not one question asked the manager (or board members to a lesser extent) about his/their futures. I very much believe this will happen again too. I do believe the club's interest is to spew the unique and special club line that only they are so fond of and to 'educate' the younger supporters (in the loosest sense of the word) as Steve Davis said they needed doing so on Radio Stoke on Monday Night. Thankfully, there is a cohesive opposition towards Steve Davis and that will be evident on Saturday. This protest will not be abusive but is intended to make our voices heard. We want the board to see just how disgruntled we are and we want them to make the decision that would go some way to appeasing us. That decision being to remove a failing manager so blinded by his own self-importance who has nothing but contempt for the fans and even some of his players from his post. Where was the apology for Saturday's failure or indeed the season's fai

Alexman
14-04-2016, 04:09 AM
Going slightly off topic of the fans forum, i'm seriously beginning to bang my head against a wall with some of our fans that still want Davis in charge. I know its all a game of opinions and nobodies opinion is wrong etc etc. But I cannot understand who can say Davis should stay?
To get to the opinion that Davis should stay you have to go

*Terrible on pitch performances for 3 years - That's fine

*Terrible Signings for 3 years - That's fine

*Falling out with players and releasing them, Grant, waters, phillips etc - That's ok too

*Lying to the fans over and over "Grant wanted to move down south" - 13miles?. "Recruitment must be better" 3 seasons running etc - That's OK as well

*14% win ratio - That's fine

*Blaming the players, board and fans for the clubs terrible performances and never himself - That's OK as well

* Relegated at Vale park after losing 3-0 - That's fine

* Trying to divide the older and younger fans on radio - that's fine

* Saying Grant wasn'

itwasin
14-04-2016, 04:42 AM
No your correct Alexman remember some time ago TV Programe called "Crewe a town of Simple Folk" they must have read posts on this site thats for sure. We know who they are %

Furberstreet
14-04-2016, 07:14 AM
During last season, I finally lost patience with the clichés Davis continued to spout and stopped feeling sorry for Davis battling to keep Crewe up with (allegedly) so few resources at his disposal. Once again, the same clichés are being repeated - better recruitment, better loan signings and experience to help our younger players. I do not disagree with any of the points as being critical to a successful first team, but it simply insults our intelligence to hear them spouted season after season with no sign that any of the manager's actions are actually conforming to them. It may be that sacking Davis is seen by some as akin to concerns about leaving the EU. However, look at it from the perspective of we do not know what the future will be like, but at least we know enough not to want the present set-up to continue.

bigroof
14-04-2016, 08:23 AM
[quote="TrinidadsNumberOne"]Last time the questions were carefully selected. Not one question asked the manager (or board members to a lesser extent) about his/their futures. I very much believe this will happen again too. I do believe the club's interest is to spew the unique and special club line that only they are so fond of and to 'educate' the younger supporters (in the loosest sense of the word) as Steve Davis said they needed doing so on Radio Stoke on Monday Night. Thankfully, there is a cohesive opposition towards Steve Davis and that will be evident on Saturday. This protest will not be abusive but is intended to make our voices heard. We want the board to see just how disgruntled we are and we want them to make the decision that would go some way to appeasing us. That decision being to remove a failing manager so blinded by his own self-importance who has nothing but contempt for the fans and even some of his players from his post. Where was the apol

Timmy58
14-04-2016, 09:20 AM
But, Bigroof, far more pertinent than a blind protest at a current situation with no solution. I refer to an article I read yesterday by Jules Hornbrook which I thought hit several nails on the head and was far more level headed than most things I have read on here

bigroof
14-04-2016, 10:10 AM
But, Bigroof, far more pertinent than a blind protest at a current situation with no solution. I refer to an article I read yesterday by Jules Hornbrook which I thought hit several nails on the head and was far more level headed than most things I have read on here

Yes, I've read Jules' blog too. He's always well-balanced, though I disagree with him on the extent to which our Academy can fulfil the role it has always done. He felt that we could only produce League Two standard players these days. I think it's certainly possible to do that and more, and still sell players to Championship clubs, many of whom, let's face it, have a great deal of cash these days. I put that to him (this was Facebook), and he qualified his view, saying that around 10% of lads who might've come here in the past, would now go to the bigger clubs in the north-west and midlands. I'm not sure how true that is, but we do know that Crewe have scouts at such club

Timmy58
14-04-2016, 10:52 AM
He implies, if memory serves, that there is no point in changing the manager unless other things change as well. No point in changing unless we can be certain things would improve.

Furberstreet
14-04-2016, 11:09 AM
I thought that Jules' blog made for interesting reading. I do not agree with him that Davis should be retained unless there are other key changes at the Club - presumably instigated by the departure of our majority shareholder? There are many examples where a change of manager has improved the attitude and performance of a playing squad. There may be limited scope for change within the Club even then, but obtaining a fresh perspective and introducing different training/fitness methods would surely be welcomed and a sensible gamble. Otherwise, if there are no boardroom changes, when would it be right to remove Davis? When we are at the bottom of League Two?

alexbarmy
14-04-2016, 01:10 PM
[quote="Alexman"]Going slightly off topic of the fans forum, i'm seriously beginning to bang my head against a wall with some of our fans that still want Davis in charge. I know its all a game of opinions and nobodies opinion is wrong etc etc. But I cannot understand who can say Davis should stay?
To get to the opinion that Davis should stay you have to go

*Terrible on pitch performances for 3 years - That's fine

*Terrible Signings for 3 years - That's fine

*Falling out with players and releasing them, Grant, waters, phillips etc - That's ok too

*Lying to the fans over and over "Grant wanted to move down south" - 13miles?. "Recruitment must be better" 3 seasons running etc - That's OK as well

*14% win ratio - That's fine

*Blaming the players, board and fans for the clubs terrible performances and never himself - That's OK as well

* Relegated at Vale park after losing 3-0 - That's fine

* Trying to divide the older and younger fans on r

TrinidadsNumberOne
14-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Questions would include references to our recent form (9 wins in 61 games in all competitions and 6 wins in all competitions this season being the joint fewest number in our entire history) and why the board believe such form is acceptable to keep the woeful Davis in a job. I can answer your Andy White doubts myself, the lad was constantly injured and that's why he was released, mind you so was Harry Davis and he embarrassingly got a contract extension last season 2 games after coming back from a long injury lay-off.

Other questions would include why three of the worst defenders I've ever seen at the club since I started watching us 15 years ago (Turton, Davis and Ray) keep getting contract extensions despite all being out of their depth since the start of 2013-14. Another would be a reference to the Crewe Alexandra identity crisis and why Davis plays such turgid defensive football compared to the fast counter attacking style of Dario Gradi. Another question would be why does Steve

bigroof
14-04-2016, 05:28 PM
[quote="TrinidadsNumberOne"]Questions would include references to our recent form (9 wins in 61 games in all competitions and 6 wins in all competitions this season being the joint fewest number in our entire history) and why the board believe such form is acceptable to keep the woeful Davis in a job. I can answer your Andy White doubts myself, the lad was constantly injured and that's why he was released, mind you so was Harry Davis and he embarrassingly got a contract extension last season 2 games after coming back from a long injury lay-off.

Other questions would include why three of the worst defenders I've ever seen at the club since I started watching us 15 years ago (Turton, Davis and Ray) keep getting contract extensions despite all being out of their depth since the start of 2013-14. Another would be a reference to the Crewe Alexandra identity crisis and why Davis plays such turgid defensive football compared to the fast counter attacking style of

Scanners123
14-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Surely the biggest problem that Davis has to explain is why he constantly uses Harry Davis and George Ray in the centre of the back four. They have been the nucleus of the defense that conceded most goals in the division for the last three seasons. Last year we got away with it due to the performances of Alan Tate, and to a lesser extent James Baillie.
This year Ben Nugent and Jon Guthrie have been head and shoulders above the other outfield players, but when Davis and Ray are fit, Nugent is on the bench and Guthrie ends up at left back again.
With regards to James Baillie, he should have been a natural replacement for Toots, who he outplayed last season anyway. He recently went on loan to Nantwich Town and to be fair, he was awful on his debut, and hasn't appeared since. You have to ask how someone so good last year, has so little confidence this year. It can't help knowing that the manager prefers to play a motivated but not particularly skillful midfielder in his position.
Ge

somersetcrewe
14-04-2016, 10:21 PM
As for lowest budget in the league, just look at Accrington Stanley in the league below. Not once have they moaned about their budget (believed to be £500K p/a) and they sit 3rd in League Two with 5 games to go under the astute management of John Coleman. They have also scored in every home league game this season ...........

I'd be careful when drawing comparisons with teams in L2 - it is a "**** poor league" after all.
Or rest assured, it will be if we rip it up next season!!!

Timmy58
14-04-2016, 10:31 PM
I take issue with the suggestion that Nugent has been head and shoulders above all the other outfield players. He may be in height but that is all. He was left out of the side because his mistakes cost us points. Davis and Guthrie are our best 2 centre halves. Baillie has not been the same player since he was assaulted by that thug of a left back from MK Dons. Dave Artell would be a ridiculous choice as manager in my opinion particularly as he has not done his coaching badges!

TrinidadsNumberOne
14-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Bigroof Harry Davis was also injured for the last 2 months of the 2013-14 run in as well which is why Ellis and Dugdale ended the season. If I'm right, he missed the start of the next season, came back, signed a new deal, got injured again, didn't see him till September this season, got injured again and is currently fully fit. I also will maintain my stance that he and George Ray are poor defenders. Along with unsung hero Jon Guthrie, Ben Nugent is a fantastic defender but he tired having played nearly every minute of the campaign and mistakes set in. That's what fatigue does to lower league players else they'd be playing in higher divisions. Nugent was decent until February and particularly when he was in a partnership with Ajayi he excelled save for their final game together vs Chesterfield and perhaps the Coventry debacle too. He's only young and learning but I see him as being a future captain of this club under new management. I remember watching him in Malky Mackay's Cardiff sid

bigroof
15-04-2016, 08:37 AM
Well, Trinidad, good luck.
I'd only say, that I think you exaggerate both the deficiencies of those players you don't care for, and the attributes of those you favour. All four of our centre-backs (five if you include Ajayi) have their plus points and minuses. The injuries have prevented a partnership flourishing.
It's undeniable that Steve Davis has a poor results record, but if you're going into the Fans' Forum to challenge him on his selections, that's subjective, and won't get you very far.
(p.s. nobody 'tamed' Gary Roberts; you can't put that one on Steve Holland)

Alexman
15-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Davis has come out and said he might not be at some of the remaining games to "scout". Like what the hell?. No other manager in the country does this, no other club would allow it. He's running from the protests and then when or if we lose those games he'll blame the protests effected his players and blame the fans again. Trying to undermine the protest and the fans and skip the blame himself.

I cannot stress how much I dislike the man. Arrogant, selfish fraud. Anyone whose spent any time talking to anyone behind the scenes at the club knows it.

He didn't turn up to any training session for over half a year back in the season we stayed up on the final game vs preston. 2014-15?

TrinidadsNumberOne
15-04-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm actually embarrassed for Steve Davis if he's not on that touchline for the last 5 games of the season. In my view the captain is abandoning ship just because his paying customers want to tell him just how poor a job he's doing. He's all about his own self-importance and not the team and his excuse about scouting is futile because it's more than likely he'll mess up another Summer of recruitment anyway!

If he's not there for the last 5 games that should be classed as a sackable offence to me. We are well and truly a laughing stock if we allow our manager to even get away with this.

chinaalex
15-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't Neil Baker 'moved' to scout new players ?, if so, WTF is the manager doing it for ?

TrinidadsNumberOne
15-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I hope it's an empty threat to try in vain to curtail the protest. If so he and the club have failed. But if Steve Davis is not on the touchline for all five competitive fixtures, then he's given the fans a reasonable question to ask the board. No board in their right mind would allow their manager to skip managing games irrespective of their fate and they should be ashamed of themselves if Steve Davis is given permission to skip games to go "scouting" when we have head of recruitment Neil Baker.

Me For Crewe
15-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Don't forget, I can't remember the exact dates, I stated on a thread early on in the season, Davis went away on a weeks holiday when we dropped to the bottom of the league. It went largely unnoticed at the time but Collins was doing the interviews for the week. The board appear to have approved the time away in season time which seems unbelievable, also unbelievable to think that Davis was happy to go with our position in the league. It's been said many times "all too cosy".

Furberstreet
15-04-2016, 12:43 PM
His absence may give Philips a chance to shine, but it does make one wonder what Baker is doing. Does Davis not have confidence in Baker's judgement? I know who I would put money on to identify a good signing.

TrinidadsNumberOne
15-04-2016, 01:15 PM
Indeed, Davis going on holiday during the week after we dropped to the bottom of the league is one thing, but to miss a competitive league match under the guise of "scouting" is another. Hopefully it's all hollow and he's on that touchline tomorrow but such a stance from any manager would be bizarre, not just one whose leading a sinking ship into League Two.

As I stated before, if Steve Davis misses a single game without good reason between now and May, he should be sacked for lacking professionalism. It's totally inexcusable behaviour and shows what a bad leader he truly is.

itwasin
15-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Well SD probably following DG before him who used to go Sking in the football season,as far as Baker and Collins as i have said before 3 men doing one mans job! And then some say we have to keep to a budget for the 1st team,what a joke.

lyndongrange
15-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Shrewsbury away was the game that Collins was in charge. First win of the season wasn't it?

jimmyboldon
16-04-2016, 07:08 PM

jimmyboldon
16-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Did I blink and miss it?
Some early singing, sustained for 10 mins or so, and some sporadic chanting through the game. And that was it.
Moving to the dugout area, once again, must have blinked.

crewebacca
16-04-2016, 07:21 PM
From the BBC Sport page: "Crewe boss Steve Davis, whose side have not won since 6 February, was targeted by angry home fans throughout as they look set to finish the season rock-bottom, while S****horpe dropped to 10th."

Alexman
16-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Poor turnout from the protest however the main stands feelings were well documented. Its a terrible demise of our club.

TrinidadsNumberOne
16-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Only the start, the real protest will come in the Summer when season tickets aren't renewed.

Big fan of the "Daddy's Little Soldier" chant towards Harry Davis though, fair to say he didn't appreciate that!