PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie situation

Karl998yr
16-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Anyone know the terms of Shinnies loan

Seems strange to me that he hasnt gone back seeing as he isnt playing! Might as well play in his own teams reserves rather than ours. Seems Warnock has no plans to utilise him

loyalmiller
16-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Same could be asked about Burke.

Warnock's on record, well not Warnock but Bracewell said on radio Sheffield that they don't like short term loans and will be happier next season when the change in the rules regarding loans comes into play.

gwru
16-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Not bothered about Burke, not good enough. Sooner have Shinnie on the bench than Green. Burke & Shinnie weren't short term loans. There's no difference than Kelly, Thomas & Best all out of contract end of the season.

loyalmiller
16-04-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm with you fella, just saying what Bracewell said on Sheff.

Actually there is a difference, Burke and Shinnie are both still early on in their careers whereas Kelly, Thomas, Best and come to that Doyley are all in the last chance saloon.

gwru
16-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Burke is 32 so put him in last chance saloon. Facey been here since Jan' he's only about 20. Didn't show much when selected when he 1st arrived here, but play him now what we got to lose. Buxton is never going to play for us again. Kelly, Richardson & Doyley they're not championship players now, they were but we move on.

BradfordFozzie
16-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Burke is 32 so put him in last chance saloon. Facey been here since Jan' he's only about 20. Didn't show much when selected when he 1st arrived here, but play him now what we got to lose. Buxton is never going to play for us again. Kelly, Richardson & Doyley they're not championship players now, they were but we move on.

Can you a game that Kelly has played in that we have lost?

BellBoy
16-04-2016, 07:04 PM
I'm backing Foz here, I don't get how you can say hes not good enough. Name a game when he had a stinker or cost us a goal? He has been steady and solid, doesn't get forward much but does he need to? He is clearly playing to NW instructions and doing a good job.

loyalmiller
16-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Didn't realised Burke was that old to be honest.

There's a saying in football that 'if you're good enough you're old enough' but isn't that a 2-way street and also if you're still good enough then you're young enough? None of the three players youd have let us down since Warnock took charge, in fact we've never lost in any game Kelly's played in.

Not disagreeing with you totally gwru, just giving you a counter-point.

gwru
16-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Kelly was average today. Didn't let us down but you've got Grant Ward who needs a Right back who he can link with to use that pace of his.

mikemiller
16-04-2016, 10:51 PM
From what I have seen of Shinnie playing for the reserves , he looks quite good. NW is probably thinking if Frecks gets injured, replace with Newell, if Newell gets injured replace with Shinnie,,, I can see the logic - just goes to show that we have got quite a big squad to choose from

Burke looks much younger than he actually is - reminds me a bit of Trevor Berry., and in case you have all forgotten he has already scored two goals for us...only two less than Danny Ward - so not the worst player to have on the bench if needed

Sounds like Doyley is out for the rest of the season, so unlikely to appear in a Millers shirt again - I thought that he did ok in his spell with us

andy_miller72
17-04-2016, 12:39 AM
Shinnie likes to play just behind a striker, a link player. I don't think NW feels he works hard enough. In our recent run he's gone for graft and solid over flair and it's worked. Newell has hardly started, I think he's a good player but you can't argue with how Derbyshire has done there. Scored crucial goals & works hard for the team

Don't see any logic in playing facey? He was out of his depth when he played. We now don't concede many goals why would you want to change it?

Personally I'd give Kelly & best a years deal, Buxton & Richardson I would release

gwru
17-04-2016, 03:14 AM
Your right what's point in playing Facey, he's not our player. Was talking to someone at the game today & we agreed when was the last time we had a quality Right back who was our own player, not a loan player. Rob Scott maybe but he was no Gerry Forrest.

N Warnock picks the side. End of the season wouldn't keep any of the Right backs we've got, Buxton, Richardson, Kelly or Doyley. They were all championship players but not now. Not sure about Best is he any better than JCH or Yates.

andy_miller72
17-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Yates we don't know, he's never played a league game, so there's a risk. If he's going to make it you'd expect him to start making the squad next season. JCH has talent but you never know what sort of a performance he'll put in. We do need another box to box midfielder player, if frecks is out we don't have another player of his type.

I think up front we have decent options now. Best, ward, Derbyshire, JCH & Young Yates - think we're unlikely to get much better on our budget

In terms of a new right back I agree we will need one but think kelly for another year would be a decent signing. He's solid at RB or CH. if NW stays don't expect a flying machine full back, he likes defenders who defend well.

I also think belaid won't last. Not strong enough or food enough positionally from what we've seen so far. I'd like to see some consistency this summer, so hope there's not too many changes. Signing 15+ players every summer isn't the way to build

gwru
17-04-2016, 10:11 AM
I disagree players out of contract regardless of age, based on being a championship player there's got to be a cull. No sentiment or favouritism shown + any history of long term injuries taken into account.

On that basis players to go Kenny, Cairns, Collin, Buxton, Richardson, Kelly, Doyley, Collins, Green, Ledesma, Thomas & Becchio. Either Derbyshire or Best to go. Facey, Shinnie & Burke sent back to there parent clubs.

Got to be done, our limitations yesterday were exposed. Neil Warnock knows that.

leedsmiller
17-04-2016, 10:57 AM
Because of the year on year (or twice yearly) wholesale changes we've made to the squad we're in a difficult - but manageable - situation as we face a third season in the Championship (and in February I never thought I'd be saying that!).

The benefits of having a settled team, rather than making changes week in, week out and playing several loan players, has been apparent over the last couple of months. That and a vastly experienced, motivational manager/management team.

We now have a solid base of 14 or 15 Championship able (if not what some might call Championship quality) players. However, that still leaves up to ten players we could/should replace if we're not to be struggling again in 2016/17. I'd certainly trust Warnock and/or Blackwell to oversee that transition and continue the amazing progress they've made to date, so it's imperative one, or preferably both, stay at the club. If that happens I'm confident we can become that 'established Championship club' (a phrase muc

andy_miller72
17-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Don't think we disagree massively gwru, I'd just keep the players who performed well during this run, so that would be kelly, best & derbs. The rest I also would let go. He may keep kenny though, he is only back up.

Best is 29, Derbyshire 30 - they're hardly ancient