PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart speaks

millertop
25-04-2016, 12:04 PM
All hail Sir Tony

6,000+ season tickets sold - view external link (rufc.co/1ru4XDH)

millertop
25-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Also spoke to Rob Staton (football heaven)
"There's a strong chance Warnock will be here next season. I think it's dotting the I's and crossing the T's"
Talking about four or five players coming in

gwru
25-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Going to take years if ever to increase the home based support. Sheff' W or U fans from Rotherham are not going to switch allegiance. Got to keep same standard or better & get them while there young, keep them.

PeteWaller
25-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Maybe if NW stays we can push on up to mid table. If terms can be met I think he will stay.
I so enjoy the matches home and away in this league.

Still "Living the Dream"

Well done TS

leedsmiller
25-04-2016, 01:24 PM
It sounds as if TS is re-energised by our survival. After all the hard work work that's been put in by so many in recent years, relegation would have been a tragedy. But, as ever, we would have taken it on the chin, accepted the situation as an inevitable outcome given our resources and fan base, and looked forward to next season's fixtures in League 1. The fact that we now have a third season in the Championship, given the circumstances in which it was achieved, borders on the miraculous.

There's no doubt that Warnock, Blackwell and Jepson were the catalysts that ensured the dream lives on. But credit to TS for making the management change, that surprised many at the time. And credit to the players, the same players whose confidence must have been at rock bottom after defeats to Charlton and Bolton who nonetheless found the spirit and determination to fight back with the unlikiest of wins against Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbough, Ipswich, Leeds... and ultimately that magnificient

millertop
25-04-2016, 01:26 PM
interview with Staton link - view external link (bbc.in/1YPZOQk)

hotun
25-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Maybe if NW stays we can push on up to mid table. If terms can be met I think he will stay.

Still "Living the Dream"

Well done TS

Buy a car with a spare wheel and you might get there on time
23 july ok for us two

PeteWaller
25-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Still "Living the Dream"

Well done TS

Buy a car with a spare wheel and you might get there on time
23 july ok for us two[/quote]

Yer ra cheeky monkey thee. Anyway, I made that taxi drivers' neet. Even if I did miss both goals B) B)

Rileyev2
25-04-2016, 07:36 PM
If Neil Warnock doesn't decide to stay another year, there's only one man for the job..

King Ronnie Moore....... Float just near the Lilly pads

mygiddypant
25-04-2016, 08:02 PM
Tony's message to the fans is very heart-felt and very moving. I have been watching the Millers since the late 50s and I can't remember a season as dramatic and rewarding as this one.
A fabulous time to be a Miller.

LincsMiller
25-04-2016, 09:29 PM
TS is a credit to the town, he put his money where is mouth is from day one, after years and years of empty promises and fantasies by previous chairmen etc , he's part way to to achieving what seemed impossible a few years ago.
To be a hands on chairman of a Championship football club and run a successful business as well must take tremendous energy and enthusiasm . has he been awarded Freedom Of The Town status yet??

During the recent NW interview on Radio Sheffield, Warnock suggested that the club hierarchy now needs to look at the infra-structure of the club , anyone any thoughts what he meant by this??

Deepmidwinter
25-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I think this is the clearest indication we have been given to date that TS considers that the club hierarchy needs to undertake a serious, immediate and in-depth study of the club's infra-structure.

gwru
26-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Tony Stewart will be dusting down stadium expansion plans, they'll be serious consideration especially with the sides coming down from the prem'. Got to be more than 4 or 5 players coming in. They'll be around 10 leaving + 3 loan players going back. Would say 4 or 5 1st choice players + cover.

millertop
26-04-2016, 12:48 PM
get more fans to buy season tickets then Tony will be more convinced he needs to extend

Archiemiller
26-04-2016, 03:00 PM
Tony Stewart will be dusting down stadium expansion plans, they'll be serious consideration especially with the sides coming down from the prem'. Got to be more than 4 or 5 players coming in. They'll be around 10 leaving + 3 loan players going back. Would say 4 or 5 1st choice players + cover. Worra baat YATES.XD XD :O :O

jolly_roger
26-04-2016, 03:04 PM
get more fans to buy season tickets then Tony will be more convinced he needs to extend

The profit is to be made by extending away capacity.

Deepmidwinter
26-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Brilliant news. Does he sound like Stephen Hawking?