28-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Would Phil brown go for you ? ;D

AucklandRover
28-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Flitcroft, Dunn, Tugay and Tony Parkes.
A Rovers dream-team. :blue:

Turfmoorspirit
28-04-2016, 09:20 PM
Only when venkys true ambitions/or lack of regarding your club are revealed should a manager be considered..

Peter_Nobles_Wig
28-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Dunn is my choice !

Turfmoorspirit
28-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Dunn is my choice ! Your spelling is not too good.. Its (dung)..:D

robinrover
29-04-2016, 05:04 AM
I think saxo made the point a few weeks ago that Johnson and Dunn will be the manager and assistant and I think he has got that one spot on.

needle
29-04-2016, 06:23 AM
i would go for Phil Brown as well , with a hammer and a cleaver . Dunny would be a disaster .

champs95
29-04-2016, 08:40 AM
David Dunn almost took Oldham down. It wouldve happened had they not sacked him. It would be an absolute disaster.
Why not go for it and get Moyes, and try recoup their losses?

There's alot of guessing going on here. All thats happened factually is that the bloke we hired is not being trusted to spend another penny, as they clearly do not trust him. Neither do I.
I'm not sure of which direction this is going now, but I dont believe Lambert leaving will have an adverse effect.
What is a suprise is that he is staying for the final few games. I'd get shut right away. And his backroom staff 9all on big money) need to go aswell.

robinrover
29-04-2016, 05:30 PM
I see Paul Jewell is now favourite for the job
good God no he wasn't overly impressive back 10 years ago why bother now
more interestingly bowyer is on the list and so is the vile one.

bfcjon
29-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Oh Heck,...Is All I can say,..And Glad it"s not the Clarets....
Good Luck,...!!
We Have been their and done it!!,...But it is possible to come back,..We have, and God Did you Laud it,...!!
But the PREM....YES,THE PREM,..WITHOUT Your lot in it,... I Suppose ,...We Have to take over your your Mantel for Man Utd,...being our Rivals AGAIN!!.;D

Howie5o
29-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Lambert bailing out hoping to grab the Celtic job thats coming up ..?

champs95
29-04-2016, 07:32 PM
H I know for a fact, that was the reason he had a clause in his contract. His agent was made aware the Celtic position was coming up at the end of the season, prior to his appointment with us. So he put in the clause stating if he wasn't backed, he'd leave when the Celtic job came up. IT has, Lambert hasn't ever been backed (not really) equally his heart has never ever been in it, hence my negativaty towards him. Rovers are in real trouble, this lot are on the brink of walking, leaving us in administration. Lambert going has no impact on any of that. And it's best all round he leaves.

AucklandRover
29-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Getting back on my irritating hobby-horse, I'd like to repeat that I think it's almost impossible to know how a particular manager will do in advance.
Paul Lambert ticked all the boxes for lots of people: experienced; a good record with a Championship club; a tough, no-nonsense personality; someone who could be relied on to put some discipline into the squad; a man who would stand up to the owners; etc.
Well, look at us now.
Being a good manager is nowhere near the science that some fans make out. Do you reckon Leeds supporters think Warnock is brilliant?
And put your hand up if you predicted that Mourinho would have become a "bad" manager by December.
Of course the manager makes a difference, but there are so many other factors involved. The media are obsessed with creating personality-cults, and it has happened in football-management, as well as other fields. Unfortunately, fans have now bought into this, big-time.
It is almost impossible to look through ANY manager's record wi

Despair
29-04-2016, 10:23 PM
The mix and the ingredients need to be 'just right'. a following wind helps, and the planets aligned, then you're cooking! There has to be a totally positive / driven mindset running through.
In fact if people care to scroll back, this is what PL commented upon some time back, in saying that its a 'whole club effort', top to bottom. Stating the obvious really of course, but I suspect at that point he had 'taken stock' of the club and deduced - no f******g way!
This is something he will have been lucky enough to have experienced at Norwich. But at Villa it possibly was glaringly lacking. Likewise your 'friend' at Leeds, (following on from Cloughie!).

I don't give a monkey's really if PL came in as a stepping stone and only had eyes and heart for Celtic, as I say he's a modern day manager in a modern day cut throat game.
We weren't goin up this season before he arrived, and we still ain't now. neither are we being relegated IMO. So in effect we're no better or worse off.
EXCEPT

Bobcrompton1896
30-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Fair comment but some options do give a better chance of success,than others. Sacking Allardyce was ludicrous in the extreme(given his fire-fighter record)..............equally insane would be appointing David Dunn,a failure at Oldham who has "great connection with the club" >:( >:( >:(

Despair
01-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Given the diverse viewpoints over PL, of which there are basically three;
1) He's basically ok and has given it a go, but ultimately decided its not for him. Essentially because of Venkys.
2) He's been a poor choice, maybe even worse than GB and been 'found out', and ultimately a coward running away.
3) He's been devious in just using us to earn a bob or two whilst getting back in there, with ultimately his eye on the Celtic job.

I now watch with interest 'his future', and see if his next appointment will shed a little light upon revealing what may have been the actual truth.
In terms of the touted Celtic 'link':
I am of the mind that the Celtic board will hold far, far more 'knowledge' of football than our esteemed owners and their 'advisors'.
In addition many of their support will/may have been 'following' his progress with us, so it would be interesting to know of their deductions of his poor record in that time. I am sure that if there is validity with the option 2 above,

Davhor
01-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Any new manager coming to 'our place' is on a hiding to nothing until the owners either leave or change their methods. Simple as....