PDA

View Full Version : Experienced players

Preston76
02-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Well who would we like to bring in to add experience to the current squad ? They would have to fit in with the Crewe way and budget? Zooms, Ryan Lowe and David Vaughan would be a good shout plus one more ?

Timmy58
02-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Zooms does not look as good a left back as Guthrie particularly in a back 4.

Preston76
02-05-2016, 12:18 PM
I would play him in midfield use his pace down the wing. Guthrie needs to play centre half his best position

Timmy58
02-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Agreed about Guthrie. Zooms would make a decent wing back

Preston76
02-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Ok that's 3 experienced players 1 more but what position midfield for me that's where we have struggled for the last couple of seasons

One_Dean_Ashton
03-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Well who would we like to bring in to add experience to the current squad ? They would have to fit in with the Crewe way and budget? Zooms, Ryan Lowe and David Vaughan would be a good shout plus one more ?

How realistic is David Vaughan? Played 39 times in the Championship this season was in Wales' last squad (started against NI). Could yet go to the Euros.

Even if he were to be released by Forest, would he really drop to League 2???

All well and good throwings out that we 'could' get, but it's hard to see how the club could ever pull that one off... Even if we did pay higher wages.

ALEXKNOWALL
03-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Interesting one

He probably will go to Euros as a squad man which appears to put him well out of our league?

.....on the other hand he is 34 in February and lives locally with his family so the question might be which League One / Two clubs within an hour and a half travel are looking at him?

He has good fitness record and has played plenty at Championship level this season

Are the Alex looking at coaching roles for some of the experienced men they hope to recruit?

Does DV want to coach?

Could we stretch to a 2 year deal for someone of his age?...or one year plus option based on appearances

Ultimately depends on what is driving him I guess. If its primarily cash then we can forget it

One_Dean_Ashton
03-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Worth a phone call I guess to see where he's up to. Are Forest even releasing him?

It's more of a long-shot than was being suggested though. Having seen him play a few times in recent years, he's modified his game over the years and he doesn't rely on pace and has a year or two in him to earn some higher wages than we could afford.

Let's say Wigan (already guaranteed), Burton and Walsall all get promoted - all within an hour and a half. Could he be a good signing as an experienced head with lots of Championship experience?

Like I say, out of our reach.

Preston76
03-05-2016, 02:24 PM
DV has openly said he would like to finish his career at Crewe maybe he is thinking about coaching/management would be great to see him back in a Crewe shirt