PDA

View Full Version : Gallows Humour

somersetcrewe
07-05-2016, 08:32 AM
For those of you who have taken our dip into League 2 too seriously, you could do worse than listen to Danny Baker on a Saturday morning who reminds us that relegation is not all bad.
He recalls a game at Millwall when Wrexham came to visit, already doomed, and fans turned up as undertakers and coffins.
Aston Villa fans only this season have been chanting "You're nothing special, we lose every week!"
He reminds us of the Bible - 7 fat years, 7 lean years (I'll take his word for that as I have no interest in religion at all - not to practice it anyway) - which reaffirms what I keep saying - football for the normal clubs is cyclical.
We'll be back, make no mistake, just like we have done before.
I for one can't wait for next season when I truly believe the likes of Ray, Turton, Ainley, Cooper, Saunders and (hopefully) Baillie (who I rate very highly) will blossom. Maybe even Ng, Kirk and others.

Really hoping we sign off tomorrow by dragging a 2nd team down with us.
Now that wou

Preston76
07-05-2016, 09:44 AM
We will be back and remember were the only Cheshire team left in the football league ?

crewebacca
07-05-2016, 04:50 PM
If our win against Fleetwood keeps Blackpool up, they should feature our best goal of the game in one of their animated light displays in this year's illuminations.:D:

AstonAlex
07-05-2016, 05:39 PM
And Blackpool showed what gallows humour is with their 'We're s*** and we know we are' followed, next verse with 'You're s*** and you know You are'!! And credit to our GREnders, they joined in. It was the highlight of an awful match!