PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

TheAngusBull
11-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Tyrone tweeting that Aberdeen are on the move to Westhill.

AberdeenArnold
11-05-2016, 07:56 PM
This is superb news if it is true.

I know moving from Pittodrie will not suit everyone but building a new modern stadium and having our own training facilities is what Aberdeen have needed for years.

Looking forward to seeing the details.

jackdon
11-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Beat me to it tab ya radge :D

theoninedog
11-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Excellent news. It's time we moved on and took the next step in cementing our place as Scotland 2nd major force.

I await the first post on how we shouldn't move from Pittodrie cause there's nowhere to get a pint before and after the game in West hill

InversneckieDob
11-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Westhill is better than Cove, from a selfish perspective.

DohaDon
11-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Hope this is true. An integrated facility near the bypass would be a great move.

Nice piece of business under the radar as well, lots to be excited about going forward.

Barnared
11-05-2016, 08:03 PM
^^^
The club will build a big phuk off boozer

Barnared
11-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I hope it is actually tangible and intended and not just big talk to help with new signings

Pacman1903
11-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Ill believe it the day im unbolting my seat fae the Y at full time on the final day.

Edit-Nae especially unhandy for me either. Better than the foggy dump anyway

AberdeenArnold
11-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Quick thoughts.

Sell the naming rights. They could be worth a pretty penny.

Give away fans the sh1te seats, they do it to us.

Make sure that Norman Goldies seat makes it across.

The last game at Pittodrie will be special. I think I will greet at it. Bayern Munich won't come for one off game. Perhaps a friendly against IFK Goteborg.

Barnared
11-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Real Madrid will come.

jackdon
11-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Looking quite obvious these plans have been put on hold to coincide with the proposed bypass completion.

milne_afc
11-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Won't happen.

Pacman1903
11-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Won't happen.

Thats the spirit

offshoredandyandy
11-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Selfishly gutted was looking forward to loriston as I stay in porty and it looked ace overlooking the loch

Big_Ecks_Right_Peg
11-05-2016, 08:33 PM
I actually wondered if this was on the go when I read the line in the Norman Goldie write up "As long as the Dons remain at Pittodrie!"

TheAngusBull
11-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Club now tweeting that major announcement due tomorrow. Wonder what that might be about?

AberdeenArnold
11-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Real Madrid will come.

Dumbarton as they were the first visitors in 1899.
That'd bookend it nicely and Mason could play a half each. [/quote]

Mason should play centre half with Jo Shaughnessy.

Jo is so good, they should stroll it against Rooney.

Mason89
11-05-2016, 08:50 PM
I was a goal scoring left sided centre half. Worth my weight in gold to any side. My career stalled after hitting the drink hard 25 years ago today.

It would be s nice gesture by AFC to give me a run out on the last game though :)

Gallus79
11-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Won't happen.

Actually it will.

I'll make sure of it.

:)

Feck_the_Huns
11-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Kingswells/Westhill

MIke Dunbar will be circling the wagons and reforming the Kingswells Infrastructure First Group as we speak.

Funny how they were so against Bellfield in 2002 due to the perceived lack of roads network yet happy enough for Prime 4 to build that monstrosity by the Park n ride, which creates traffic chaos twice a day 5 days a week.

Mason89
11-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Good stuff, everyone can relax now. Gallus is on it :)

Aldo1983
11-05-2016, 09:00 PM
This the reason we never invested in the team abs therefore never won a very winnable league?

Pacman1903
11-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Mason at Pittodrie

Aye pull the other one

sheepcrooky
11-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Sounds good news. Probably about 4 years away though and plans are in place, blah...blah...blah.
However, it's a step forward and no tie-in with SevCove.

Pacman1903
11-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Sounds good news. Probably about 4 years away though and plans are in place, blah...blah...blah.
However, it's a step forward and no tie-in with SevCove.

Sevcove will probablly still be homeless then. Vagabond gypo minks. Probably still be highland league too. Bottlers

Feck_the_Huns
11-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Aye but no reason why the training facility can't be up and running reasonably quickly.

The club have been is discussion with Angela Scott, Chief Exec of Aberdeen City Council regularly this year, so this will have been the subject, which means it must be just inside the city boundary (and not the shire) which is by the Garlogie junction.

tarapoa
11-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I await the first post on how we shouldn't move from Pittodrie cause there's nowhere to get a pint before and after the game in West hill

Can I be the first?

Terrible location, as was Loirston and the AECC site suggestion.

It's Scottish fitba - nae the EPL or some Amercan rot.

Out of town = soulless like St Johnstone or Inverness.

There's a reason so many enjoy Edinburgh games - inner city experience and tight stadia.

Nae happy, had still hoped Milne saying the market had changed meant staying put and redeveloping or moving to the Kings Links, ASV area.

Pacman1903
11-05-2016, 09:56 PM
What do you reckon the chances Tyrone made a typo and wrote Westhill instead of Oldmeldrum?

Gallus79
11-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Don't stress Tarapoa it will be great.

milne_afc
11-05-2016, 10:03 PM

Based on what, exactly?

I agree with Tarapoa in that the proposal is misguided at best. Gladly, it won't pass the planning stage although it'll still be a financial burden at the expense of the football team.

offshoredandyandy
11-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Misguided how ? If they think it's best for the club and willing to finance it then let them move forward hope to god it goes ahead pittodrie is 10 years too long in my eyes looking forward to the bulldozers coming in personally

xtrmntr75
11-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Mason at Pittodrie

Aye pull the other one

Was thinking the same thing Pac

milne_afc
11-05-2016, 10:20 PM
Misguided how ? If they think it's best for the club and willing to finance it then let them move forward hope to god it goes ahead pittodrie is 10 years too long in my eyes looking forward to the bulldozers coming in personally

Aye, their track record with 'new stadium plans' doesn't fill me with confidence. 16 years, is it?

ObanRed
11-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Would nae happen to be the ground next to Lawsondale playing fields would it? Bert McIntosh's I think. I mind afore the dual carriageway was built and the 6 mile garage still existed. MPH dumped tonnes o sheite in there was a right boggy bit o ground. I always though Lawsondale would have made a great training ground.

offshoredandyandy
11-05-2016, 11:03 PM
That was before yule

Mason89
11-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Mason at Pittodrie

Aye pull the other one

Was thinking the same thing Pac[/quote]

Got to draw the line somewhere. Mine was at Goodwillie.

I'll be back next season id imagine & I'll be sure to check in here first

Mason89
11-05-2016, 11:51 PM

Based on what, exactly?

[/quote]

He knows stuff

tencaat
12-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Elsie's back! Commenting on new stadium costs the dimwit schoolboy just doesn't do self awareness.
Had to have a dig on their board will prob cost me a ban but well worth it to rub his snotty wee hooter in his teams downfall.
A weapons grade bellend...

ragnarok
12-05-2016, 12:26 AM
I don't think you can really compare what we're planning to build with what ICT and St Johnstone have done on the cheap. A central stadium would obviously be preferable but the financial reality is that a stadium on the outskirts is going to be the better option. Can't really compare Aberdeen to polycentric Edinburgh. It's not as though Pittodrie is in the heart of the city.

RedStarTorphins
12-05-2016, 05:28 AM
More info on timescale in link, but not the size of stadium... - view external link (https://wp.me/p6iyDT-15fL)

theoninedog
12-05-2016, 05:34 AM

Can I be the first?

Terrible location, as was Loirston and the AECC site suggestion.

It's Scottish fitba - nae the EPL or some Amercan rot.

Out of town = soulless like St Johnstone or Inverness.

There's a reason so many enjoy Edinburgh games - inner city experience and tight stadia.

Nae happy, had still hoped Milne saying the market had changed meant staying put and redeveloping or moving to the Kings Links, ASV area.[/quote]

How about re structuring back wynd /schoolhill area , flatten what's there (but leave the pubs obviously) would that be an be an option?

The reason St Johnstone and it stadia is souless is because they have no fans.
Irrespective of where their stadium is situated in or out of town.
Pittodrie has been sou

KIWIRED
12-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Lets all wait for the full details first.
Westhiils is better than Cove thats for sure.
Millions wasted on consultancy fees on the Loirston Loch complex.
Thanks to the Council for not helping over the last few years and taking no interest what so ever

For all the moaners please tell and any other suitable sites in Aberdeen.... not many eh, none in the so called city center walking distance thanks for sure

So for all of you that live in the city get off your backsides and go to the new stadium . The rest of us who travel from all over Scotland every week dont see the problem

Happy days

xtrmntr75
12-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Can we really believe the 'millions wasted on consultancy fees' or was that scaremongering to get us onside.

ragnarok
12-05-2016, 06:08 AM
The images on the EE website make it pretty clear where the new site is.
- view external link (http://postimg.org/image/5ok3ese9t/)

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 06:10 AM
Elsie's back! Commenting on new stadium costs the dimwit schoolboy just doesn't do self awareness.
Had to have a dig on their board will prob cost me a ban but well worth it to rub his snotty wee hooter in his teams downfall.
A weapons grade bellend...

Whay did its "vile little irish club" line mean. I dont get it.Pretty funny coming from a Dundee Hibernian fan.

You will be banned now Tencaat min

therealsouthstander
12-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Does this mean we will now be called Aberdeenshire FC ?

I hope Willie f*cking Young and his cronies are happy now :/

GoRico
12-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Hi. First post.

From the article in the P&J, I would have a few questions.

There does not seem to be much parking available for cars. At Pittodrie there is a lot of parking on the streets surrounding the stadium. Where do people from other areas of Scotland (home and away fans) park their cars?

Is the use of the Kingswells park and ride part of the scheme? Can you walk from there to the stadium?

The Kingswells roundabout can be really busy. How will this stadium affect that roundabout. You could get jams all the way down between the stadium and that roundabout. How are people from Westhill going to be affected?

There is a fantastic array of facilities for the players at the stadium but there is no mention of bars for the fans. What are the facilities like for fans in general. Will there be bars in all the 4 stands?

Is there going to be a safe standing area?

fatshaft
12-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Brilliant news!!

Right location right on the bypass, easier to get to for the north/south/west fans, and nae big deal for the toonsers.

Shame to lose Pittodrie, but always been in the wrong location. Bring it on!

ianporteous
12-05-2016, 07:10 AM
It's in f**ing Westhill

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 07:12 AM

Will it be in the shire

It might sneak into the city

DohaDon
12-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Plans look amazing, plenty pitches, indoor training hall, 550 seat stand, and importantly a memorial hall.

Get behind it and move forward, exciting times, f@ck the doubters!

tigers_a_red
12-05-2016, 07:15 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/28cpnxd.jpg

DohaDon
12-05-2016, 07:15 AM

Will it be in the shire

It might sneak into the city[/quote]

It's just inside the city boundary line.

DonVincenzo (The II)
12-05-2016, 07:16 AM

Will it be in the shire

bang on the money pac...sneakily into the city, just!

RedMadders
12-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Just checked the detailed plans on the P&J and I have to admit (if this is what we get) it looks superb.
Everything there to help the team and club move forward to a different level.
Also says around the same capacity as Todders. The whole set up looks amazing.

Stand Free

therealsouthstander
12-05-2016, 07:36 AM

Will it be in the shire

Willie f*cking Young is still a c*nt

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Will it be in the shire

It's just inside the city boundary line.
[/quote]

So fit the f@ck are folk moaning about.

Its nae a Dodgers, Brooklyn to LA situation or a Raiders Oakland to San Francisco to Oakland or the Cardinals Chicago-St Louis- Phoenix farce.

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 07:40 AM

Will it be in the shire

bang on the money pac...sneakily into the city, just![/quote]

Still in the city so at least that one moan that canna be used

SimmieFour
12-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Kingswells/Westhill

MIke Dunbar will be circling the wagons and reforming the Kingswells Infrastructure First Group as we speak.

Funny how they were so against Bellfield in 2002 due to the perceived lack of roads network yet happy enough for Prime 4 to build that monstrosity by the Park n ride, which creates traffic chaos twice a day 5 days a week.

Except it doesn't. I work at Prime 4 and its a f*cking dream to get to and from compared to when I worked in Altens

scobiemacd
12-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Dont get the big hoo-hah about having pubs near the ground. Just get tanked up in yer hoose beforehand .

LithgaeRose
12-05-2016, 07:47 AM

therealsouthstander
12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Stewart Milne said "The stadium SHOULD be in use for the season 2019/2020 season and the training facility by 2018"

XD XD XD

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Dont get the big hoo-hah about having pubs near the ground. Just get tanked up in yer hoose beforehand .

Just get tanked up on the drive

Meldrum to Westhill is about 30 mins, ill easily squeeze in a six pac

LED
12-05-2016, 08:07 AM
The plans do look good although the way the road access into the complex if your travelling from Aberdeen looks problematic.
Slightly unrelated but I would hope since the council have been involved closely in the talks, consideration has been made for a leisure park in the area ie an out of town cinema, places to eat and drink possible nightclub etc. With west hill, kingswells the new countess wells development, stadium, prime 4 and bypass some joined up thinking could really boost the area.

LithgaeRose
12-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Look forward to seeing the plans. We could end up with one of the best facilities in the country.

Understand some who are negative because that is the lot of the average football fan and some top clubs are going through similar scenarios. We saw this week West Ham, formed a year after us, moving from their beloved Upton Park to - of all things - an athletics stadium. But their fans have realised they had to move on. Some Arsenal fans miss Highbury. And you can guarantee some Spurs fans will miss White Hart Lane. But I'm convinced if the Dons moved a 100 yards to the Links there would be guys moaning.

I cannot see how moving to Westhill diminishes Aberdeen FC or removes our identity. The club will always be about the guys who were red on the park and those in the stands.

Pittodrie has (like all old stadiums) got great memories for us. But I have attended many games where it can feel soulless and dreary there too. We do need to accept how he game has moved on and many fans want

ILikeJam
12-05-2016, 08:14 AM
I'm assuming Stewarty bought the land to build hooses on and the downturn in the O&G industry has made him have a bit of a rethink?

I wouldn't worry all that much about traffic - it will surely be at least 5 times worse for the locals on any given weekday and it'll only be once a fortnight at a weekend for 9 months a year. Plus the fitba fans driving won't have to worry about all the post-shopping traffic in the centre of town.

Wonder if all the surrounding office complexes will offer overflow parking for £1 a car or something like that?

It's imperative that there's some sort of fans' zone to attract people before the game and earn a bit extra income. Bars, food, screens showing earlier games, stuff to keep kids entertained, etc. Would appear to be plenty of space to do it if it's not already in the plans for the stadium itself.

http://i65.tinypic.com/rszd5w.jpg

ObanRed
12-05-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm assuming Stewarty bought the land to build hooses on and the downturn in the O&G industry has made him have a bit of a rethink?

I wouldn't worry all that much about traffic - it will surely be at least 5 times worse for the locals on any given weekday and it'll only be once a fortnight at a weekend for 9 months a year. Plus the fitba fans driving won't have to worry about all the post-shopping traffic in the centre of town.

Wonder if all the surrounding office complexes will offer overflow parking for £1 a car or something like that?

It's imperative that there's some sort of fans' zone to attract people before the game and earn a bit extra income. Bars, food, screens showing earlier games, stuff to keep kids entertained, etc. Would appear to be plenty of space to do it if it's not already in the plans for the stadium itself.

I am pretty sure that's Bert McIntoshishes la

RedMadders
12-05-2016, 08:20 AM

I have to agree whole heartedly with this i

Barnared
12-05-2016, 08:21 AM
[quote="therealsouthstander"

XD XD XD [/quote]

I know what you are thinking. We've all thought it and said it and lived it for years. "It'll never happen"

I find it hard to be negative about this new plan though. It has a different feel to it and there are council elections in less than a year.

xtrmntr75
12-05-2016, 08:23 AM
If they address all aspects of the 'matchday experience' then it could be a roaring success. A designated regular bus service taking fans from the city centre and back after the game. An area as Lithgae suggests where fans can congregate before the game, have a pint, maybe a quality snack and a wee flutter.

I know it's on a different scale but the area the have at Man City is good. Even Anfield has a massive marquee outside to house thirsty punters. Our club must recognise the potential here and go for it and we have to get behind it.

rdsred1903
12-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Have no fear for those who want a pint. 3 boozers within 10 minute walk

Park and ride only 25 minute walk and I am sure they will run buses back and forth to that location. Another boozer there to.

However, I am sure the club see the merits of having a fans boozer in the stadium on match days and one will be included. Probably called Millers or Fergies in keeping with the Newcastle theme.

ILikeJam
12-05-2016, 08:28 AM
However, I am sure the club see the merits of having a fans boozer in the stadium on match days and one will be included. Probably called Millers or Fergies in keeping with the Newcastle theme.

"Stewarty's"

rdsred1903
12-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I'm assuming Stewarty bought the land to build hooses on and

I think this is a great idea, different sport, but this is similar to what Murrayfield do and its a great day experience.

Send this picture to the club

Goalposter
12-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Can i just ask?

At any point prior to this or post this announcement, were there any club + fans meetings to ask opinions about options etc etc?

Just wondered.

ianporteous
12-05-2016, 08:35 AM

"Stewarty's"[/quote]

Bertrandy's

ILikeJam
12-05-2016, 08:40 AM

"Stewarty's"[/quote]

Bertrandy's[/quote]

"Duffer's"

Is there a high quality version of the layout plans where you can actually read what the numbers indicate?

Aldo1983
12-05-2016, 08:50 AM

"Stewarty's"[/quote]

Bertrandy's[/quote]

"Duffer's"

Is there a high quality version of the layout plans where you can actually read what the numbers indicate?[/quote]

If you open the image from the P&J site you can zoom in.

Goalposter
12-05-2016, 08:50 AM

"Stewarty's"[/quote]

Bertrandy's[/quote]

Pintoddrie

The Cross Bar

The Corner Flag

Or

Fitbaw studs (I'll be in there a lot of course ;D )

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Will there be a museum?

DonVincenzo (The II)
12-05-2016, 09:00 AM
I honestly cant understand anyone that actually attends home games, seriously wants to stay at pittodrie....it may be our beloved home, but memories are just that..and our stadium is a crumbling mess. Move on FFS

This looks like the best and most comprehensive proposal we've seen since a move was first touted around 15 years ago.

The extra plan for the supporters area is a MUST HAVE...get that sent to the club asap.
Well played.

Aldo1983
12-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Will there be a museum?

They should think slightly off the wall with that one and create a museum for all the players that were mentioned on the "players you forgot played for us" thread. It would be like a house of horrors type thing.

the_dribbler_
12-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Brilliant news i for one am delighted.
Will we lead the way again and be the first club to introduce a safe standing area?

EintrachtFrankfurt
12-05-2016, 09:22 AM
About time, will miss Pittodrie when she goes but the club have to get with the times. As for stadium design look to Germany!
COYR.

Barnared
12-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Brilliant news i for one am delighted.
Will we lead the way again and be the first club to introduce a safe standing area?

I'm sure there will be rail seating in there somewhere. By that time the pilot attempt at the peadodome (for next season) will have been seen as a success.

Yup that means we won't be the first.

Barnared
12-05-2016, 09:40 AM
About time, will miss Pittodrie when she goes but the club have to get with the times. As for stadium design look to Germany!
COYR.

I'll have high sided, close to pitch, low roof and rail seating behind one goal. Away fans in a wee sh!tty corner with home fans either side of them . And no phukin seagulls please.

scobiemacd
12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
A bar would have to be called 'Goldies'

LithgaeRose
12-05-2016, 10:08 AM

LithgaeRose
12-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Worth a look for inspiration. Emphasises we are not alone in moving home!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlngl0Nx8-s

blinlemon
12-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Will there be a museum?

There was an area designated as a museum/learning centre (the latter attracts funding) in the plans for Loirston, so I would imagine so. I know that the Heritage Trust were given the job of kitting it out and managing it and a lot of work was done which can now presumably be resurrected.

Nae convinced by the location 100%, to be honest.

Barnared
12-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Interesting read on club website. DM admits that we are struggling to bring players in due to our poor training facilities
- view external link (http://www.afc.co.uk/mobile/news/7869.php)

blinlemon
12-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Interesting read on club website. DM admits that we are struggling to bring players in due to our poor training facilities

And Craig Brown said at an AGM a few years ago that many of the injuries we sustain are due to our not having standard, predictable training facilities with good reliable surfaces - one day the Pittodrie car park, next day the Sports Village, the day after that the barracks etc.

DohaDon
12-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Wow, Tottenham's stadium is a thing of beauty, stunning.

Southend Utd at 22,000 capacity isn't too shabby either!

ILikeJam
12-05-2016, 12:21 PM

Can see where Chelsea got their inspiration from...

http://41.media.tumblr.com/821cf0868818abfc019c44d5c0429687/tumblr_noazvn7ho21r61xbco1_1280.jpg

Brian Grantland
12-05-2016, 12:27 PM
york city with an 8005 capacity stadium
ah jackie the big time

Pacman1903
12-05-2016, 12:41 PM
york city with an 8005 capacity stadium
ah jackie the big time

Is it still Kit Kat Crescent?

tarapoa
12-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I honestly cant understand anyone that actually attends home games, seriously wants to stay at pittodrie....it may be our beloved home, but memories are just that..and our stadium is a crumbling mess. Move on FFS.

I don’t think anyone disputes the need to move on.

Just that some of us hoped the solution would be something inner city such as Kings Links or even a redeveloped Pittodrie – is the square meterage any less than Tynecastle for example? Having the training ground adjacent is fine, but not essential – but then could it have been incorporated into a larger sports village complex for example?

Just have to trust that all feasibility studies were done by Dod Yule et al – but it’s disappointing we’ve got another greenfield out of town solution, after sacking the equally unsatisfactory Loirston option.

My main concern comes from attending matches down south when I worked there – the four worst venues I w

Barnared
12-05-2016, 12:50 PM
There still seems to be people that believe it is possible to redevelop Pittodrie? I don't get it.

weejoeharper
12-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Some very good suggestions re: fan areas, pubs etc. For me the only extra point is that the stadium maximises the sound inside so that even the rustle of the sweety papers sound enormous. Or the singing! No point in having a stadium that sounds like Pittodrie.

EuroMeister
12-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Had to laugh about this. The delusion of the new stadium crops up again.

The board get the club debt free and then put out another design (whats this the 8th go at this) effort at a 'new stadium'. All the usual suspects come out of the woodwork falling for all the propaganda about how wonderful it is going to be and how it looks.

Yes, how it looks - a feckin mocked up idea/concept knocked up by a designer.

- Ignore the fact its going to cost what £40m to build (allegedly).
- Ignore the fact that fans will pay for it because of increased cost of getting into it.
- Ignore the fact that the club cannot afford it and will get into mortgage debt to some bank because of it.
- Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie.
- ignore fact that redeveloping parts/aspects of Pittodrie AND building a training ground could be done at fraction of a cost.
- Ignore fact that this is about 10th effort at this which have all fail

Brian Grantland
12-05-2016, 01:03 PM
hey euro tim
where u been?

EuroMeister
12-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Dont come onto here and post all this pathetic celtic fan, hun, euro tim stuff you prat.

I am more of an Aberdeen fan through and through than you ever will be.

Its cock head air head fans like you that will allow the club to sleep into this new stadium debt thing.

Maybe engage with the topic 'New Stadium' instead of coming on here and dishing out pathetic banter.

weejoeharper
12-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Can't argue with you EuroMeister on much of what you say, you're clearly passionate about this. However with the board as it is staying at Pittodrie is not an option even if you want it to be. It's also a soulless place I think, where you can hear the tumbleweed and the gulls above the fans. I've been going for over forty years but would be delighted with a new stadium - anywhere really. The stands need to be built to maximise the sound and the fans need to be taken onboard with their usually excellent suggestions for what they would like to see. Assuming it will go ahead you could perhaps accept that, (through gritted teeth), and start to put forward your ideas to help to make it the best it could be. Sometimes the best ideas come from those who are in opposition. Just a thought!

NB: this is a reply to post 102

Barnared
12-05-2016, 01:13 PM
[quote="EuroMeister"]Had to laugh about this. The delusion of the new stadium crops up again.

The board get the club debt free and then put out another design (whats this the 8th go at this) effort at a 'new stadium'. All the usual suspects come out of the woodwork falling for all the propaganda about how wonderful it is going to be and how it looks.

Yes, how it looks - a feckin mocked up idea/concept knocked up by a designer.

- Ignore the fact its going to cost what £40m to build (allegedly).
- Ignore the fact that fans will pay for it because of increased cost of getting into it.
- Ignore the fact that the club cannot afford it and will get into mortgage debt to some bank because of it.
- Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie.
- ignore fact that redeveloping parts/aspects of Pittodrie AND building a training ground could be done at fraction of a cost.
- Ignore fact that this is

AberdeenArnold
12-05-2016, 01:16 PM
How did your beloved Septic get on in the Champions League?

_WOOOOSH_
12-05-2016, 01:18 PM
In fairness, I can't believe it’s taken this long for anyone to question where the finance is coming from.

As good as the overall plan looks (despite the 2 choke points for entrances and exits) where is the additional £30 mil coming from once we sell Pittodrie?

Nothing’s been mentioned there.

We can have facilities drawn up to rival Real and Barca on paper, but where is the funding?

houston_red1967
12-05-2016, 01:49 PM
One possible way for raising the required funds could be crowd sourcing.

BrewDog for example have their Equity for Punks scheme and have raised vast amounts of cash.

Perhaps this is something that AFC could do.

Just a thought.

rico94
12-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Can't argue with you EuroMeister on much of what you say, you're clearly passionate about this. However with the board as it is staying at Pittodrie is not an option even if you want it to be. It's also a soulless place I think, where you can hear the tumbleweed and the gulls above the fans. I've been going for over forty years but would be delighted with a new stadium - anywhere really. The stands need to be built to maximise the sound and the fans need to be taken onboard with their usually excellent suggestions for what they would like to see. Assuming it will go ahead you could perhaps accept that, (through gritted teeth), and start to put forward your ideas to help to make it the best it could be. Sometimes the best ideas come from those who are in opposition. Just a thought!

NB: this is a reply to post 102

Im all for moving to the new stadium but although what your saying about Pittodrie being a soulless place is kind

theram1975
12-05-2016, 02:01 PM
I am more of an Aberdeen fan through and through than you ever will be.

Are you a top red then?

EuroMeister
12-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Look 'bud', arse-rammer (or whatever your pen is), I didn't expect to come onto 'Aberdeen Mad' especially with respect to this topic and not meet the usual assortment of petty insults, virtual online bullying, calling episodes, accusations of Celtic bias or whatever.

Its fine no problem - but yes, I am pretty sure I am a bigger Dons fan than you ever will be.

dandies_on_tour
12-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Funding
This is a key area of the plan. But we are a lot better shape than we were 2 years ago.
The area around Pittodrie will be sold will generate circa £10M
Leaves a gap of £30M - i agree we have not been told how it will be funded and if this was all debt could be perceived as a problem.

However i believe
There will stadium naming rights - generate circa £5M to £10M
Sponsorship of training academy - £1M - £2M
Land cost - will be less than previous and may be land owned by SM Group. As such saving on cost
There may be a share issue - which would look to generate £10M
I believe there would still be a shortfall of circa £10M.
However this will be taken on a 25 year mortgage.
Interest costs of possibly £600K a year - this will be offset against savings on repairs and maintenance - which are currently costing a similar amount to keep Pittodrie in current state.
You then have all the other facilities that the club will have with the new training and pitches - which will

fatshaft
12-05-2016, 02:15 PM
- Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie....anyone still spouting this pish immediately invalidates their points in my eyes. bampot.

LED
12-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Euro, I get what your saying, but given this 40 million stadia complex will be for at least the next 40 years, how much would it cost to remain at pittodrie and rent out the necessary training facilities and transportation expenses. You obviously think it would be less. By how much do you think and where would that money come from?

AberdeenArnold
12-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Top reds don't call folk cocks and prats XD

MeadowbankRed
12-05-2016, 02:19 PM
We need to move, simple as that. For so many reasons its not even funny.

One of the biggest things for me, and I'm sure I would not be alone in this, would be moving somewhere where you didnt have to put up with seagulls taking part in some of the games and where there are not full force gales ruining the play.

Stadiums are an important part of a clubs DNA but that should not stop the move happening. The club have obviously realized they could make a fortune with a new gaff although who will pay for it is anyones guess.

Aldo1983
12-05-2016, 02:33 PM
@dandies_on_tour

Can't see the club pulling in £5m-£10m just to it to be honest.

dandies_on_tour
12-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Aldo - never said over what period naming rights. Could be 20 years - but figure of £5M - £10M was mentioned. Now may be crap but they are speaking to people about it.
£500K per year is probably not outside the realms. Specially with a new sports stadium that could host other events. Also as in America these tend to be paid up front.
Dallas Cowboys - sold their rights for 20 years for $400M - i know we are on a different world from them but $20M a year and all up front.
Mind you their stadium did cost $1.4B to build!

blinlemon
12-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Land cost - will be less than previous and may be land owned by SM Group

Did someone not say that this was Bert McIntosh's land? He, and more especially his wife Moira, have been very supportive of the Dons in the past. Might he, if he is the landowner, be offering it to them at a reduced rate, or even renting it to the club at a very competitive price?

Also, looking at the location, is there not a bit of Dons history there in that that is where Bert's tippers dumped a fair pile of the rubble from the Beach End in 1992?

My main fear is the traffic issue. AWPR or nae AWPR, everybody's going to need somewhere to park. It's bad enough getting on and off the A9 to get to St Johnstone, and I think it'll take me longer to travel from the north side of the city to Westhill than it would to Dundee.

Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little.

Gallus79
12-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Fairly certain EM is a certain RS from other well known sites.…

Great comments/ideas/feedback on this thread. Good day for Aberdeen FC.

ObanRed
12-05-2016, 03:27 PM
"Did someone not say that this was Bert McIntosh's land? He, and more especially his wife Moira, have been very supportive of the Dons in the past. Might he, if he is the landowner, be offering it to them at a reduced rate, or even renting it to the club at a very competitive price?

Also, looking at the location, is there not a bit of Dons history there in that that is where Bert's tippers dumped a fair pile of the rubble from the Beach End in 1992?

My main fear is the traffic issue. AWPR or nae AWPR, everybody's going to need somewhere to park. It's bad enough getting on and off the A9 to get to St Johnstone, and I think it'll take me longer to travel from the north side of the city to Westhill than it would to Dundee.

Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little."

I said I thought it was Bert McIntoshes, Aye his tippers dumped a fair amount of stuff in there many years ago.

If your heading fae the North side of the city, just

_WOOOOSH_
12-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I’d be highly surprised if we managed to get naming rights of that totals, unless the likes of Red-Bull etc were somehow attracted.

£10 mil might be a bit adventurous in a share offering as well.

For the self-build mortgage, would a bank loan £15-20 mil out to us? Especially in this climate?

I’d like to see a breakdown of what the plans are. It all seems a bit too good to be true just now.

tarapoa
12-05-2016, 04:01 PM
There still seems to be people that believe it is possible to redevelop Pittodrie? I don't get it.

A couple of 1:5000 scale extracts from streetmap.co.uk

Getting really sad here, but have drawn in the approximate footprints available for development of Tynecastle and Pittodrie.

http://i.imgur.com/KZjgDwS.jpg

Conclusion - where there's a will - Budge listened to the yams saying they didn't fancy moving......

scobiemacd
12-05-2016, 04:46 PM
- Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie....anyone still spouting this pish immediately invalidates their points in my eyes. bampot. [/quote]

Fatshaft ! :O

khawaga
12-05-2016, 05:05 PM
yes, I am pretty sure I am a bigger Dons fan than you ever will be.

Is that by volume or weight?

therealsouthstander
12-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Milne on North Tonight saying the site at Pittodrie will deliver a substantial amount of the funding required. He also said it will be a challenge to get the rest of the funding but they have no option...

So in other words , he has no idea where he's getting the money from...

Shakes head , again

InversneckieDob
12-05-2016, 06:36 PM
"Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little."

The thought of leaving at noon for a home game is bliss pour moi!

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 12:27 AM
The club are not getting into debt staying at Pittodrie. Its a stable club on an even keel. There are lots of ways of sprucing up Pittodrie via investment.

A new training ground? Think for a minute if it costs £XYZ to upkeep Pittodrie how much will it cost to keep 5 pitches, 3 artificial pitches and acres space in good nick all year??? Unless of course Milne wants AC Council to pay for that as well?

I can appreciate the players, McInnes wanting training facilities. What they have currently is amateurish but we are not Real Madrid, or the Barca Academy. We are not winning deals for the next 12 yr old Messi on strength of good facilities. It's pretty humble good quality facilities we need, more than enough for the club and community of size it is.

Someone else said crowd funding to pay for new place? Its a stadium they need ££millions for not a new podcast.

They've already got corporate facilities at RDS - just what thinking is it that makes the AFC the club think its

Mason89
13-05-2016, 12:40 AM
Training facilities are an expensive smokescreen. All they need is one pitch & a changing room.

There has never been one example of a Scottish player made better by training facilities.

As for the ground, I'd've preferred it if they redeveloped Pittodrie. Mainly because I dont trust Milne to build the new ground. He usually makes an absolute c*nt of things when it comes to football

Goalposter
13-05-2016, 02:40 AM
For £40 mill we couldve won the spfl then get to the later rpunds of champs league then bring in the millions through sponsors etc

:blue:

Joking of course.

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Jesus Christ Euromeister, I'm away to hing masel since I clearly woke up in far too good a mood. What was I thinking.....

If everyone at AFC had that spin on it, we will all be dead by 2019 anyway.

I realise 15 years of false dons of stadium move failures can take its toll but we have to start being more positive at some point no?

Have you considered councilling? Perhaps with your local off license?

Have faith.....or at least don't hang your self yet

Aldo1983
13-05-2016, 07:10 AM
I fail to see how a new stadium will improve the atmosphere plus there's already locals complaining about leaving the house earlier to get there.

As for the training facilities, it's just like getting a Costa at work. It doesn't really improve your work ethic but it looks good.

It's the culture in a Scotland that holds us back at youth level, not 4G pitches.

rico94
13-05-2016, 07:43 AM
I heard that Milne and the board are wanting fans,sponsors etc to pay for the new stadium and training facility.

So does this basically mean that if he cant get investment from someone else then he isn't going to pay for it himself and the new stadium and training ground wont happen?

dandies_on_tour
13-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Rico94

As is said earlier
It may not cost £40M - if get land cheap could be knocking a few £M off price.
So assume £37M
£10M for Pittodrie site
£5M for naming rights over 20 years
£5M from Share issue/crowd funding
Council - I think they may pay something out of infrastructure for Aberdeen city's budgets.
Companys to sponsor training academy?
Other partnerships - maybe a hotel?

I really think Milne is looking to get the figure down to £10M to £15M as amount they will look to borrow on a 30 -40 year secure mortgage.
Yes that will be debt but the interest payable will be manageable and be in line with any savings that they make on maintenance of Pittodrie. I am sure i read £1M annually to maintain Pittodrie. New stadium in first 10 years will be a fraction of cost for maintenance.

EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out

rico94
13-05-2016, 08:33 AM
You are just plucking those numbers out of the sky though. My question was if Milne cant get the money from someone else like you are suggesting there, is he going to pay for it himself or will he just abandon the idea entirely?

Aldo1983
13-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Let's be honest though Dandie... Anyone that's ever had work done by a builder will tell you it costs more than the original quote. Especially when the quote is coming from the chairman who has an agenda to try and get people on board.

Total cost will be more than £40m.

RedlineDon
13-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Superb news, nae ideal but better than cove.
Folk would moan if we moved to the car park behind the main stand that it wasn’t “home”

As for the stadium itsel, they should be taking that Euroborg stadium plans and blueprints from Gronnigan building an almost near replica and paint the seats red! That stadium was huge for only being a 22,000 seater, absolutely nuts I thought it was about 35,000!! A very steep stadium with good atmosphere. Also only cost 45 million euros to build.

Thing is we need to get behind the club for once, we weren’t happy with Cove but people are first to moan on here that we can’t keep up with celtic etc. and a brand spanking new Stadium and Facilities gets announced and first thing folk say is aw we should redevelop pittodrie……get over that its nae happening move on.

Great idea having it on bypass people from each side of city can get there very easily although for central goers I can see first few years having teething problems I’m not sure what the c

dandies_on_tour
13-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Aldo - depends how good your commercial skills are.
Fixed price work for delivery dates. With LD's if not delivered on time.
Yes any variations may increase but if they are copying a blue print and SM being an expert in construction i am sure they can minimise these.
But none of us will really know until all laid out and confirmed.
Let's be honest though Dandie... Anyone that's ever had work done by a builder will tell you it costs more than the original quote. Especially when the quote is coming from the chairman who has an agenda to try and get people on board.

Total cost will be more than £40m.

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Yes, I get accused of being the prophet of doom etc and all the usual virtual childish stuff thrown about towards other users on here.

BUT the real prophet of doom is the guy who runs our club - they guy that wants a new stadium. As per usual many just bumble along thinking great idea but its not a good idea for a club in the SPL to get into masses of debt is it? Its a small pool of cash - we are not in Champions league, Europa League territory really on a consistent basis. Moving to Kingswells does not improve atmosphere all it will mean is higher entry costs at the turnstile and a half empty soul-less bowl with no tradition or character.

IMO its not healthy to aspire for something you cannot afford. I want a house in Sardinia but its just impossible. Same with Aberdeen FC - they cannot afford a new stadium FFS its harsh reality of the financials.

What is it people cannot understand the club CANNOT AFFORD IT they have not got the money. This new stadium thing is a longe

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 09:32 AM
http://i65.tinypic.com/16giiwo.jpg

Mason89
13-05-2016, 09:33 AM
If you're right, then there's no need to get your knickers in a twist

DohaDon
13-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Nobody is arguing against your point of view, people just want to be optimistic about the club's future and progression.

The bypass took years to get through, but it is happening now, and will benefit everyone in the community.

The 3rd Don crossing was delayed, but is now also happening, a positive and sensible way forward.

The stadium and training facilities are the best way forward, and progression, I'm not a financial analyst, but Milne is a shrewd and tactful businessman, who can influence other business investors to assist with the financing side. Perhaps there will be shortfalls and gaps, but I'm optimistic that there is enough collective business savvy to see it through to fruition, it won't be Armageddon, and saddle the club with debt for years as you portray, do you really honestly believe that is the intention of the club, its chairman and shareholders?

It's early days but we should embrace this change openly, and look forward to more information as it comes out.

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 10:02 AM
No. He said it would be armageddon if we 'did not' move. He has more or less intimated that its move or its disaster.

Not true. Blatent lie.

Barnared
13-05-2016, 10:06 AM
No. He said it would be armageddon if we 'did not' move. He has more or less intimated that its move or its disaster.

Not true. Blatent lie.

A lie is saying or knowingly inferring somebody said something that they didn't actually say or mean.

TheRealSLYFOX
13-05-2016, 10:17 AM
"EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out on a daily basis.
Corporate sponsorship is also increased - this is not just match day experience but with improved facilities this becomes available 365 days a year."

I've not seen one mention that it will be open to the public? I can maybe see the astroturf pitches being rented out but that's it. And any income from that will be chicken feed.

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Fit like Eurotim

You will be chuffed Dons and pig players are being rested by strachan. It might help the coefficient ken

dandies_on_tour
13-05-2016, 10:46 AM
[quote="TheRealSLYFOX"EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out on a daily basis.
Corporate sponsorship is also increased - this is not just match day experience but with improved facilities this becomes available 365 days a year."

I've not seen one mention that it will be open to the public? I can maybe see the astroturf pitches being rented out but that's it. And any income from that will be chicken feed.[/quote] I am assuming like the previous plans at Loiriston this would continue. This was certainly the case that facilities would be open to the wider community as one of the objections was lights and noise in all evenings. Why would they not try to utilise facilities. When you add in their own boys clubs, youths, reserves and all other associated clubs - which they currently pay to use other facilite

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 10:48 AM
You are a **** pacman or whatever your is. Nothing but a **** who comes on here spouting trash, bigoted hateful nonsense towards people.

You are a arsehole who has nothing better to do with his time that walk about making posts on a forum on every thread imaginable just becase you have nothing better to do.

Go feck yourself you sad bar steward.

Mod Edit: Banned for one week. Calm the beans min.

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Re: Renting out the training pitches.

Yes but they need hard cash to pay for the stadium infrastructure first i.e. they need money / funds (which they do not have) to pay for the stadium.

I cannot lease out a flat for rental if I have not bought or built the flat in the first place.

In other news I was onto this last night in Aberdeen with club insiders i.e. people involved in committee meetings and teleconference calls with this and apparently they (AFC - Milne, Yule and Fraser) want the City Council to pay for the new stadium or at least put in the largest amount of money. Sort of a social gift from the council to the city.

So Aberdeen have said to ACC via massaging ego's and discussion that they will sell Pittodrie, get a loan + other finance and get investment from oil companies (don't know which one but neither do they) and the Council will pick up the chunk of the bill but there is still a short fall.

Its flimsy the whole thing. Even people inside the club are no

scobiemacd
13-05-2016, 10:52 AM
^^ rocket scientist?

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Showing your true colours now Euromeister.

Post 149 is shameful.

Barnared
13-05-2016, 10:56 AM
[quote="dandies_on_tour"EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out on a daily basis.

I've not seen one mention that it will be open to the public? I can maybe see the astroturf pitches being rented out but that's it. And any income from that will be chicken feed.[/quote] I am assuming like the previous plans at Loiriston this would continue. This was certainly the case that facilities would be open to the wider community as one of the objections was lights and noise in all evenings. Why would they not try to utilise facilities. When you add in their own boys clubs, youths, reserves and all other associated club

Barnared
13-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Yes but they need hard cash to pay for the stadium infrastructure i.e. they need money / funds (which they do not have) to pay for the stadium.

I cannot lease out a flat for rental if I have not bought or built the flat in the first place.

XD that's it really, just a laugh.

TheRealSLYFOX
13-05-2016, 10:59 AM
[quote="dandies_on_tour"EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out on a daily basis.

I've not seen one mention that it will be open to the public? I can maybe see the astroturf pitches being rented out but that's it. And any income from that will be chicken feed.[/quote] I am assuming like the previous plans at Loiriston this would continue. This was certainly the case that facilities would be open to the wider community as one of the objections was lights and noise in all evenings. Why would they not try to utilise facilities. When you add in their own boys clubs, youths, reserves and all other associated club

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 11:01 AM
True colours - Yeah of course its ok for him pacman to spout hate about Liverpool, Celtic, call people pigs and make comments about Hillsborough though is it.

Talk about 'true colours'.

xtrmntr75
13-05-2016, 11:02 AM
You are a **** pacman or whatever your is. Nothing but a **** who comes on here spouting trash, bigoted hateful nonsense towards people.

You are a arsehole who has nothing better to do with his time that walk about making posts on a forum on every thread imaginable just becase you have nothing better to do.

Think the ref will be reaching for the top pocket

TheRealSLYFOX
13-05-2016, 11:03 AM
[quote="Barnared"EM - You seem to forget with all new facilities and training - this will not just be for aberdeen - will be open to the public and Aberdeen will make money from renting these facilities out on a daily basis.

I've not seen one mention that it will be open to the public? I can maybe see the astroturf pitches being rented out but that's it. And any income from that will be chicken feed.[/quote] I am assuming like the previous plans at Loiriston this would continue. This was certainly the case that facilities would be open to the wider community as one of the objections was lights and noise in all evenings. Why would they not try to utilise facilities. When you add in their own boys clubs, you

Barnared
13-05-2016, 11:06 AM
True colours - Talk about 'true colours'.

Wrong thread. This should be on the Stone Roses thread.

Cyndi Laupers version was the best.

Aldo1983
13-05-2016, 11:07 AM

Think the ref will be reaching for the top pocket[/quote]

Ken, slagging him off like that is bad but doing it without slagging his taste in music is shameful.

DohaDon
13-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Re: Renting out the training pitches.

So Aberdeen have said to ACC via massaging ego's and discussion that they will sell Pittodrie, get a loan + other finance and get investment from oil companies (don't know which one but neither do they) and the Council will pick up the chunk of the bill but there is still a short fall.

Perhaps a company like Statoil?, our present sponsors extending our current investment substantially for naming rights on the new stadium, or helping funding the training facility, not an unreasonable proposal in my opinion.

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Yes you should ban people from your site who spout hate all day long and call people/clubs 'pigs'.

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 11:13 AM
True colours - Yeah of course its ok for him pacman to spout hate about Liverpool, Celtic, call people pigs and make comments about Hillsborough though is it.

Euro Meister Post 104

Maybe engage with the topic 'New Stadium' instead of coming on here and dishing out pathetic banter.

Euro Meister Post 149

Go feck yourself you sad bar steward

Practice what you preach maybe XD

Your banter is always the same, you ascend onto your negative high horse then dish out shameful insults.

No doubt, you will dissappear shortly like you always do.

If your banter was tongue in cheek, folk may tolerate it.

You won't get another reply from me Eurotim, enjoy your top red card.

Mason89
13-05-2016, 11:15 AM
^^ rocket scientist?

I was thinking the same.

EuroMeister
13-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Yes that is right I will disappear quickly from here.

I've got better things to do - thankfully.

Mason89
13-05-2016, 11:24 AM
I've got better things to do - thankfully.

Watching your Lisbon Lions video again? :)

AndrewJolly
13-05-2016, 11:31 AM
EuroTIM, I mean this in the nicest way possible....

You seem like an absolute rake of a c*nt. Do one you balloon.

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-05-2016, 11:34 AM
The new stadium wont be happening so give it a rest and stop wasting your time stating it is happening.

Do you promise to F)CK OFF from this forum the minute a spade gets put in the ground?

Sounds like a fair deal?

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Its just dawned on me that Euromeister must be Elsie trying to annoy us, has to be.
I wasnt aware we had a sad Cun7 of this proportion among our support.

Barnared
13-05-2016, 11:37 AM
The new stadium wont be happening so give it a rest and stop wasting your time stating it is happening.

Do you promise to F)CK OFF from this forum the minute a spade gets put in the ground?

Sounds like a fair deal?[/quote]

Nice one. I like the idea.

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-05-2016, 11:39 AM
http://www.vincewatson.com/amad/eurom.jpeg

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Nah, Elsie spends most of his day w@nking into a crusty sock.

Eurotim could be related through.

There is a lot of pent up frustration in both.

ILikeJam
13-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Nah, Elsie spends most of his day w@nking into a crusty sock.

Whose c0ck is she using for that?!

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Perhaps Elsie is a hermaphrodite.

You should never trust anyone who you tell to "go f uck themselves" that can actually do it.

odins_left_peg
13-05-2016, 12:21 PM
I dinna like agreeing with EM, but he has a fair point of where the money is coming from.
Milne said last night that the stadium costs will not impact the playing budget, well, I dinna see how unless, he is planning on getting a 50 year loan.....I don't believe that we can afford it and I also do not think we will get £20 million from the sale of Pittodrie, which again, last night, he said he hoped to get. We didn't get one offer for Pittodrie with planning permission for hunners of houses and this was when the city was buoyant and numerous other things were happening. I can see us getting 10 million for it. So yer talking about a £30 million loan, cos a share issue will not raise much money in this climate.

People should question where the money is coming from and they should also question the location. They turned down Kings Links a few years ago because of fears of traffic, failing to take account of the impact that the bypass will have on traffic. This was then swept und

CoveKreep
13-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Let me get this right.

News like this comes out which effects the whole future of our club and the whole experience of supporting our club, and the thread discussing it on this website has become dominated by folk slating a poster, who once gave a (misguided) opinion that Celtic progressing in Europe was a positive for Aberdeen and other Scots clubs.

Nae wonder quite a few regulars have jumped ship from here – I always thought it was just the pop up adverts that caused that.

ILikeJam
13-05-2016, 12:47 PM
I dinna like agreeing with EM

That's an instant ban so dinna do it!

We didn't get one offer for Pittodrie with planning permission for hunners of houses and this was when the city was buoyant and numerous other things were happening.

I always felt that the buoyant market at the time meant there were so many other possibilities for development (particularly 4+ bed hooses on the outskirts of the city) and the Pittodrie site won't be anything special once you take the stadium away that developers could look elsewhere.

Now that the market is more difficult, the opportunity to build a high number of lower cost properties in the city will be a more attractive proposition for developers IMO.

ILikeJam
13-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Let me get this right.

News like this comes out which effects the whole future of our club and the whole experience of supporting our club, and the thread discussing it on this website has become dominated by folk slating a poster, who once gave a (misguided) opinion that Celtic progressing in Europe was a positive for Aberdeen and other Scots clubs.

Nae wonder quite a few regulars have jumped ship from here – I always thought it was just the pop up adverts that caused that.

To be fair the post was going along quite nicely until EuroMeister popped up with his usual hyperbole and passive aggression and set fire to the thread - effectively calling everyone that's for the new stadium deluded whilst firing off his own assumptions and conjecture and passing them off as hard facts.

The debate was being had in a fairly healthy manner prior to this.

That's before we got onto the "I'm a better Dons fan than you" pis

ILikeJam
13-05-2016, 12:55 PM
^^ rocket scientist?

I was thinking the same. [/quote]

severins_child?

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-05-2016, 02:19 PM
the post was solid and actually readable until EM started spouted p1$h

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Mod Edit: Banned for one week. Calm the beans min.

XD

Enjoy your title party on sunday

Oh and its Pacman1903, clearly stated on the left hand side

Love the childish calling though

Id love to see any evidence of bigotry from me. Please elaborate. In a week obviously

odins_left_peg
13-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I dinna like agreeing with EM

That's an instant ban so dinna do it!

We didn't get one offer for Pittodrie with planning permission for hunners of houses and this was when the city was buoyant and numerous other things were happening.

I always felt that the buoyant market at the time meant there were so many other possibilities for development (particularly 4+ bed hooses on the outskirts of the city) and the Pittodrie site won't be anything special once you take the stadium away that developers could look elsewhere.

Now that the market is more difficult, the opportunity to build a high number of lower cost properties in the city will be a more attractive proposition for developers IMO.

[/quote]

You might be correct on that, but the uptake of the flats just along, ocean view I think it's called, looking over

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Pigs a term given to your team by Malmo players this season after stating they were"they were acting like pigs"

Liverpool are scum, never hidden that. Just watch Heysel videos. Murder i think its called. Probably deemed culpible homicide. That event partly led to the deid c@nts dominance of scottish fitba. That is the reason i hate and always will hate that f@cking club

Celtic are horrible racist p@edo always the victim c@nts, definatley never hidden that and never will.

Hillsbourgh comments, fit like saying "i wouldnt have wished that on anyone" . Or wondering how many didnt have tickets, Or stating that ive spoke to a guy who was there without a ticket or stating my uncle was a copper in London and said he never looked forward t

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 03:55 PM
One bonus of the Westhill site, i winna end up in toon bleezing after as ill have to drive.

Feeling affa fragile today

Brian Grantland
13-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Back on topic.

Obviously there are a few fairly substantial details to be ironed out before the final proposal is put together.

Full financing being one of them.

However, at the moment there are revenue streams that the club is unable to tap in to (or unwilling to) from match and non-match day sources.
One area that surely can be addressed at the new stadium, is the ongoing singing section saga.
Surely to god.

kkong
13-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Genk Gent have a nice new stadium and have extended an open invite for AFC to visit.

http://i.imgur.com/vcTFId3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J0REmMi.png - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghelamco_Arena)

TheAngusBull
13-05-2016, 05:00 PM
That stadium looks the business.

xtrmntr75
13-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Yip, very nice indeed

Leopardman1983
13-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Property prices in westhill will take a hit on the back of this news. Genuinely feel sorry for them.

I think that even if the club can offload the pittodrie site for a decent price - they will face a huge battle with the westhill residents who don't this particular circus coming to town every fortnight in the football season. The centre of westhill is a nice place - but imagine when the old firm are in town. Remember, they don't all come up in buses which are directed straight to the ground.

Good location for a training facility though.

Buc
13-05-2016, 05:06 PM
That stadium looks the business.

Its bang on .a dream stadium .

Barnared
13-05-2016, 05:11 PM
How could you not want the dons to be running out in a ground like that every other Saturday?

Buc
13-05-2016, 05:15 PM
How could you not want the dons to be running out in a ground like that every other Saturday?

:O
My opinion post of the day.:star: :star:

Edit to add
WOW^^^^^^^for that stadium.

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Tidy ground that.

TheRealSLYFOX
13-05-2016, 05:29 PM
It cost 75M euros. Which didn't include any training pitches etc like we plan to do and from what I can gather was publicly funded. So our stadium won't look that "jazzy" I doubt.

Mason89
13-05-2016, 05:57 PM
That stadium looks amazing, as does the Euroborg. Ours will end up looking like a slightly bigger McDiarmid Park

Barnared
13-05-2016, 06:09 PM
[quote="TheRealSLYFOX" I doubt. [/quote]

Bullsh!t.

It cost €42 million, football related and a further €32 million for non football (retail park and buisiness park etc etc).

That's around £30 million for the stadium. So no reason why our ground wont look even better. The rest was put in by private investors. See link and scroll down... - view external link (http://www.essma.eu/en/news/item/172-ghelamco-arena-kaa-gent-by-dirk-piens)

Buc
13-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Bullsh!t.

It cost €42 million, football related and a further €32 million for non football (retail park and buisiness park etc etc).

That's around £30 million for the stadium. So no reason why our ground wont look even better. The rest was put in by private investors. See link and scroll down...

£42,809,000 :O

AberdeenArnold
13-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Wiggy has that in his hipper.

It's your round Stewarty.

Barnared
13-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Bullsh!t.

That's around £30 million for the stadium. So no reason why our ground wont look even better. The rest was put in by private investors. See link and scroll down...

£42,809,000 :O [/quote]

That's €. Euros Buc.

Around £30 million quid give or take.

Landvetter83
13-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Woohoo!

Westhill!

In range of my doorstep ... need to fill up the motorised zimmer! :D

Barnared
13-05-2016, 06:38 PM
I remember, back in the day, working on the phiggery. It cost around £8 million for the whole phukin thing.

Buc
13-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Bullsh!t.

£42,809,000 :O [/quote]

That's €. Euros Buc.

Around £30 million quid give or take. [/quote]

:D
Well that's me telt.:blue:

Landvetter83
13-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Note of caution .....

I spent many a day watching the loon play at Lawsondale (just next to the new site) and always remarked that it was the coldest place on earth - f@@kin Baltic.

Stewarty, get in touch with my mate Eddie (Ellon's answer to Arthur Daley) for a job-lot of ceramic outdoor heaters .... I'll give you his number ....

P.S. That Gent stadium looks les balles du chien ....

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Lawsondale was always sodden. I played there heaps at juvenile and amateurs and it was always a day for a stud and nae a moulder

Andies
13-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Just watched a bit from November champions league game at Gent stadium...wow love the new todders

Brian Grantland
13-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Surely there's nowhere on Earth as caul as Pittodrie itself? Faan the wind and haar comes in o'er the North Sea. Shudder.

Only upside to moving for me was it surely had to be warmer!

inverness' stadium must run it close

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Gayfield is f@cking baltic

TheRealSLYFOX
13-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Bullsh!t.

There's every reason why our ground won't look as good, nevermind better. We've nae money for starters!

Pacman1903
13-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Something that has just came to me. I hope to f@ck they are putting a club shop in the city once the big move happens. That includes being able to buy tickets from it

FCSIONFIRSTGAME
13-05-2016, 08:01 PM
I don't know why but I really do think that this is going to happen. The club have very obviously been working hard behind the scenes on this. It's only natural to be sceptical about it after all the previous false dawns. They also must have a good idea on how it will be funded. Does anyone live or know of folk that live in the area ? Just wondered what the general opinion is. My biggest fear about this not happening is not actually the funding , it's the planning being turned down due to objections

DonVincenzo (The II)
14-05-2016, 08:04 AM
I also think will happen this time..feels like it. The club have been super quiet about this despite all our moaning and probably why they have taken it upon themselves to put themselves firmly in the public firing line again. Sounds to me like there is a lot more movement behind the scenes then they have told us publicly. COYR

TheAngusBull
14-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Gayfield is f@cking baltic

And that's just July & August.

Barnared
14-05-2016, 08:38 AM
I also think will happen this time..feels like it. The club have been super quiet about this despite all our moaning and probably why they have taken it upon themselves to put themselves firmly in the public firing line again. Sounds to me like there is a lot more movement behind the scenes then they have told us publicly. COYR

Even the council seem to have done a very positive economic impact study to pave the way for a potential green light at planning. A lot seems to have been done under the radar. It's almost as though we've gone to the council and said "right you b@stards, where the phuk can we build?"

Gallus79
14-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Said before, the timing is very good as you have both the main parties by the balls, as they ramp for for the local elections in 12 months time.

Cross party support was always a key target and that looks to be the case. Another big project may re-appear as well, which will please me greatly.

As Milney said in his interview, following the debacle of 2012, the City is finally waking up and realising it needs to act now and capitalise while it can. Clearly in the intervening years the deflated Oil price has put the sh1ts up the Council-not before time.

Our day has come Willie Young, Barney Crockett.

Exiledhighlander
14-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Well, the first NIMBY letter has appeared in today's P&J where, (ironically!!) a Stewart Milne (you couldn't make it up) has painted a picture of a "quiet dormitory town" where a new football stadium will dominate the landscape, roads and every other aspect of life in the area.

Let battle commence.

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 09:39 AM
There'll be plenty nimbys to appease in the local elections, Gallus. That must be a concern? If the funding is achievable and the stadium design is something other than a foldaway box in muck I think this will have near universal support. Need to see some meat on the bones first, though.

Barnared
14-05-2016, 09:44 AM
It is possible that the council are just playing us again, with the election coming up....

FCSIONFIRSTGAME
14-05-2016, 09:47 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that they can use the designs of the proposed stadium at cove? I may be completely wrong though. The nimbys will be my major concern in all of this. The announcement and follow up articles since have been a orchestrated pr piece to get the public onside. I am really hopeful that this time we will be in a new home in 3 years

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 09:49 AM
The Loirston stadium design was horrific

DonVincenzo (The II)
14-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Milne, we never saw the full designs so thats a bit harsh. I actually thought the exterior looked immense, as long as it had corners filled and a nice tight wraparound from the inside.

A cold cemented St Mirren Park we need not..

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Milne, we never saw the full designs so thats a bit harsh. I actually thought the exterior looked immense, as long as it had corners filled and a nice tight wraparound from the inside.

I'm convinced plans were released of the stadium interior. It was very bland and uninspiring.

Aldo1983
14-05-2016, 10:07 AM

I'm convinced plans were released of the stadium interior. It was very bland and uninspiring. [/quote]

To be fair they were done using an Atari ST.

Forget about that Gent ground. We will never have something that looks as good as that in the North East.

Exiledhighlander
14-05-2016, 10:07 AM
I can't recall plans being released other than some very high level artistic impressions . I thought the outside design looked excellent.

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 10:22 AM
I can't recall plans being released other than some very high level artistic impressions . I thought the outside design looked excellent.

There was definitely a set of 'to scale' drawings released online showing dimensions and gradients of stands. Struggling to find them tbh.

unbezonken
14-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I have not seen any mention of this yet but with the current backing from the council does it not seem like some funding will come from the city deal (thus the council running their study on economic benefits as support)??

DonVincenzo (The II)
14-05-2016, 10:57 AM
the only ones i saw were from someone on here who did it themselves. Nothing came from AFC, or at least that i saw....happy to stand free and corrected though

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 11:04 AM
the only ones i saw were from someone on here who did it themselves. Nothing came from AFC, or at least that i saw....happy to stand free and corrected though

lol, wasn't those. The ones I'm on about were released after the initial 'flythrough' video that showed the exterior artist impressions. They would have been on the old official club site from about 2010/11.

milne_afc
14-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Found them on the council website here

http://planning.aberdeencity.gov.uk/docs/planningdocuments.asp?appnumber=101299

DohaDon
14-05-2016, 11:52 AM
^^ I still think it looks really smart, thanks for sharing

DonVincenzo (The II)
14-05-2016, 01:20 PM
of the 8 photos listed in that, none of them are from inside. Can you post a URL of them, as i cant see them?

kkong
14-05-2016, 03:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/x6Tll3m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xGhhV0y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wDhHhfz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/L4fhajv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4o2GQjZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2MstDuf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7PypCCa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2YbjXdl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VFot73b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fY02iBM.jpg

scobiemacd
14-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Who all heard a message getting read out on Off the Ball this afternoon and thought "I know who that's from!"

:)

Pacman1903
14-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Glad someone heard it

mastrick1960
15-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look at the crowds in the last ten years when we have been ****e and tell me it won't be a lot less out in the middle of nowhere ....Stewart Milne is a cheuchter ....he has no understanding of be

EintrachtFrankfurt
15-05-2016, 02:59 PM
[quote="mastrick1960"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look at the crowds in the last ten years when we have been ****e and tell me it won't be a lot less out in the middle of nowhere ....Stewart Milne i

Jussi
15-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Mastrick was just a field , not that long ago.

Jupiter
15-05-2016, 06:41 PM
You should always remember the first rule about new stadiums, don't believe it until they build it.

Brian Grantland
15-05-2016, 06:45 PM
[quote="mastrick1960"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look at the crowds in the last ten years when we have been ****e and tell me it won't be a lot less out in the middle of nowhere ....Stewart Milne i

FCSIONFIRSTGAME
15-05-2016, 06:49 PM
every person I have spoken to since this was announced has been 100% behind the move and have a very genuine belief that this time it will happen. time for everyone to embrace change. This will be the best thing to happen to the club in a long time

LED
15-05-2016, 06:52 PM
It's hardly in the middle of nowhere. You have westhill, kingswells plus the new countesswells village which itself will have over 4,500 population. Then you have the awpr junction just two minutes away plus the proposed new developments near dobbies along with the new flyover.

Pacman1903
15-05-2016, 07:31 PM
[quote="Brian Grantland"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look at the crowds in the last ten years when we have been ****e and tell me it won't be a lot les

mastrick1960
15-05-2016, 07:49 PM
It's hardly in the middle of nowhere. You have westhill, kingswells plus the new countesswells village which itself will have over 4,500 population. Then you have the awpr junction just two minutes away plus the proposed new developments near dobbies along with the new flyover.

Really ??
So where in the city can you walk to the new ground within 30 mins ?
Where will you be able to have a meal/ pint within walking distance of the new ground ?
So coming from kincorth/Northfield/ b.o.d/sunnybank /rosemount/mastrick/ etc etc where it is a breeze to get to pittodrie will now suddenly be a breeze to get to without driving a car ??
We have for years slagged grounds like st Johnstone / Inverness for being soulless grounds yet here we will have a ground even more unaccessable than this new ground....

It is fvkn mad having a ground that you cannot walk to from anywhere in the city....but never mind it will serve all the shire supporters w

Pacman1903
15-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Wheres it going then Mastrick. Where would you have it in the city.Theres a distinct lack of places for a new ground to go.

mastrick1960
15-05-2016, 07:56 PM
[quote="Pacman1903"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look at the crowds in the last ten years when we have

Barnared
15-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I would so much like folk to stop the tired and pathetic attempts at comparing our stadium/facilities situation with that of the Embra hammer throwers. There is no comparison.

No matter where you put it folk will complain that it's not the right place, especially those that just don't want to move. What i think some folk don't grasp is that it will ultimately be down to Aberdeen City council to decide and from what I gather, THIS is what they are happy with. They run the show!

Brian Grantland
15-05-2016, 08:31 PM
[quote="mastrick1960"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look a

Pacman1903
15-05-2016, 08:35 PM
[quote="mastrick1960"]Thought I would wait a few days before replying to the news of the stadium move.....I can honestly say I have not met one person in the city who thinks this is a good move....the heart of the club is being ripped out of the city with this move.... It seems our desperation to get away from pittodrie has placified some of our fans in to thinking this will be a good move....a club is more than just being in a stadium for 90 mins....moving to a field in the middle of nowhere will be a disaster for the club as soon as we start being Shiite again ( which will happen at some point )...who is honestly going to bother going along on a Wednesday night to a stadium at the edge of the city for a meaningless game against Ross county/Inverness / Patrick thistle ??? ...now don't give me the uber fan pish....look a

Mason89
15-05-2016, 08:45 PM
The club are determined to move which is fine but they shouldn't try & spoon feed us pish excuses about redeveloping Pittodrie.

Not wanting to do it & not being able to do it are two different things.

Also, the amount of time & effort wasted on the training facilities is nonsense. The players & management might prefer them but they certainly don't make players better. They're an expensive luxury.

Brian Grantland
15-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Also, the amount of time & effort wasted on the training facilities is nonsense. The players & management might prefer them but they certainly don't make players better. They're an expensive luxury.

What?

On what basis are you making such a bold claim

Barnared
15-05-2016, 09:01 PM

Wow :O

I've seen some phukin bizarre (in my opinion) views on the whole subject of club facilities and ground. Most down to fans desire to simply remain at Pittodrie, which is generally well meant. That though takes it to a whole new level. It takes the phukin chocolate hobnob.
XD

Mason89
15-05-2016, 09:07 PM
How's the Murray Park conveyor belt doing? Are the facilities at Lennoxtown making the players at Celtic better? There's 4G pitches everywhere in Scotland, yet the players aren't there.

Name the players that have improved with these excellent training facilities?

Feck_the_Huns
15-05-2016, 09:10 PM
How's the Murray Park conveyor belt doing? Are the facilities at Lennoxtown making the players at Celtic better? There's 4G pitches everywhere in Scotland, yet the players aren't there.

Name the players that have improved with these excellent training facilities?

There's not many 4G pitches in Aberdeen. Garthdee, the Sports Village, some of the schools have them but not full size ones.

So, not everywhere as you suggest.