PDA

View Full Version : Pointless

lyndongrange
18-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Anyone see it on Tuesday? One of the questions was to an English club in the four professional leagues beginning with A B C D or E. One numpty chose the Alex. He then incredibly followed his choice up with the statement, " But I'm not sure they are a league team!".

What a tool. Course we're a league team.........at least for one more season anyways.

Furberstreet
19-05-2016, 08:01 AM
At least he did not call us Crewe Alexander - I always find myself shouting "Alexandra" at the TV or radio. Even Jeff Stelling sometimes gets it wrong.

AstonAlex
19-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Always a worry when you see a thread headed Pointless, as we were during a few months last season!

I did see that more recognised the Alex in 100 seconds than Burton Albion though :)

VindePays2009
19-05-2016, 01:18 PM
The same thought occurred to me as to AstonAlex, though I'd have said 'by the end of August'. (Plus going out of a couple of Cup competitions,natch.)

Worryingly, on the OS, it said that morale of the team needed raising by some in-depth talks hosted by none other than SD. Given that his credibility is shot to pieces now, what good will that do? Why not get a proper sports psychologist to conduct self-belief building exercises? Or ask Jürgen along to explain the intricacies of the Gegenpress (though after last night's shambles maybe not such a good idea)?

Perhaps Eddie Jones, who could make it clear that every game was the last chance saloon, then?