PDA

View Full Version : Warnock handshake

jvmiller
20-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Tony Stewart reveals Neil Warnock shook hands on a deal but changed his mind. - view external link (http://www.itsmillerstime.co.uk/2016/05/neil-warnock-shook-hands-on-deal-with.html)

MILLERSTALE
20-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Oh dear ! Am sure Warnock said recently that a hand shake to a Yorkshireman is better than a contract ??

leedsmiller
20-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Oh dear ! Am sure Warnock said recently that a hand shake to a Yorkshireman is better than a contract ??

Definitely did. Nothing can take away from Warnock's achievement and I've nothing against him deciding to move but I'm old school and the manner of his departure, having given his word and agreed a new contract, leaves a sour taste, especially given how hard TS had worked to reach that position.

Pocket rocket
20-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Definitely did. Nothing can take away from Warnock's achievement and I've nothing against him deciding to move but I'm old school and the manner of his departure, having given his word and agreed a new contract, leaves a sour taste, especially given how hard TS had worked to reach that position.[/quote]

100% correct

hillsboroughmiller
20-05-2016, 12:42 PM
yep proves neil is not a man of his word after all and covers it by commenting on the training ground and rotherham been a long term project. this was apparent before the hand shake. so very sour taste . thanks for what he did but this soured his achievement

mellowmiller
20-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Although we'll always be grateful for what he achieved in the 16 matches he was with us, I think many of us thought the period leading up to his departure left a bad taste.
If the story about a handshake is true it just sours the memory even more.

ParkgateMiller
20-05-2016, 01:16 PM
If the story about a handshake is true it just sours the memory even more.

Oh Dear!

I know who I would believe - Tony!

FEEL PLAYED NOW!

GRATEFUL FOR WHAT YOU DID BUT IF THAT IS TRUE, FECK OFF NEIL! >:(

Deepmidwinter
20-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Neil must be a Mason

mellowmiller
20-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I could have worded it better.
I wasn't questioning what TS said, I just meant the whole episode feels really tainted now.
Oh well, we move on and let's hope TS makes an appointment to build on what Warnock achieved. UTM.

Deepmidwinter
20-05-2016, 01:47 PM
A case of the right hand not knowing what the right hand is doing

ParkgateMiller
20-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Cheezus! I just can't express how disappointed I am by this revelation! The sky has fallen in! You've just shown every Yorkshireman up, Neil Iscariot!

jolly_roger
20-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Colin Iscariot

Deepmidwinter
20-05-2016, 02:31 PM
Jasper Iscariat

tom12026
20-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Tony Stewart reveals Neil Warnock shook hands on a deal but changed his mind.

reads like T.S. is a businessman and a grown -up.Well done sir.

kentmillerman
20-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Sad if true.

PeteWaller
20-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Football is a money and a results game. NW got his money for doing exactly what was asked of him. No one should entertain any idea of notions of loyalty. Doesn’t even come into it.
Footy is a business and the managers and players are mercenaries. Nowt more complicated than that.
NW did a fantastic job, the job he was brought into do and I assume, one he was well paid to do. I thank him for saving our club and feel he would think he did a good job and was humbled a little by our “family”.
There are bigger fish out there for him and why wouldn’t he attempt an 8th promotion that would be an unbelievable achievement?
But let’s not be emotional, NW isn’t and wasn’t. He did the job he was paid to do and that is that.
Had he not done so, the club would have got rid of him. That is life and that is football.
In TS we trust and perhaps one day, our little family club will be financially stable and strong enough to push on into the play offs. IMO that is a long way off but the journey has

angellm
20-05-2016, 11:28 PM
doesn't wash with me , k yeah he has done what he was paid to do , and hats off to him totally amazed with the job he has done , but what doesn't sit well with me is the , 8th promotion ****e , ffs Blackburn ???????? come on ,there going to be down there with us , yeah there a far bigger club , but with no money to spend are they really going to be up there with the big boys , with villa and Newcastle in there this yr could he really think there even a silm chance of promotion , I really carnt see it , I just carnt get past that , why not have have yr setting something up with us , putting us on the right path , putting in place a manager after him and part seeing the job throu ,

and balls to this no loyalty in football , forget football , if you shake a mans hand you stick to your word ,simples ,have some self respect , has a man

millertop
21-05-2016, 07:39 AM
TS needs to open his eyes and look around, you cannot trust anyone today.

**** handshakes, get pen to paper.

Eyes peeled Sir Tony in future and pen paper at the ready.

millavanilla
22-05-2016, 05:52 AM
Pete waller is exactly right, theres not been loyalty in football for many years, because of money...thats all it is, money....maybe in warnocks case it could be a little different, wanting an 8th promotion and all that, but hes not going to do it for nought..hes left us because he knows its gonna be another relegation dog fight with the players weve got and lack of investment, and then theres the training ground..so he'd be on a hiding to nothing..

pip_y
22-05-2016, 07:26 AM
There is some loyalty.... Granted not a lot. Gerrard, Terry are the only 2 I can think of at the moment.

leedsmiller
22-05-2016, 09:19 AM
The Warnock debate is not about loyalty, he had a short term contract and could have walked away on its expiry having performed a minor miracle that will live long in the memory. Nobody would have criticised him in any way. This is about trust, honesty and integrity. Having given his word to TS and shaken hands that should have been sufficient for any self-respecting individual. I'm sorry, but in my eyes Warnock has let himself down, tarnished his reputation but above all betrayed a chairman who had worked hard to secure an agreement and had done all he could to accommodate Warnock's every wish.

mellowmiller
22-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Spot on Leeds and you beat me to it.
I was going to say this thread had been taken slightly off topic because we were originally discussing integrity, not loyalty.
If two parties shake hands on an agreement that should seal the deal until the paperwork is signed.
This affair sounds as though Warnock reneged on the agreement and that will unfortunately tarnish his memory in a lot of people's eyes.
The fact that he's a Yorkshireman and still did this makes it even worse!