PDA

View Full Version : The new forum upgrade.....

Dubbag
20-05-2016, 09:08 PM
...is brilliant.....
I :heart: it..... XD

WBA53
20-05-2016, 09:44 PM
...is brilliant.....
I :heart: it..... XD
cant say ive noticed any difference myself.still awful on android

sweeper5
20-05-2016, 09:59 PM
What has improved?

Baggies_Boy_Tony
21-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Can anybody tell me what the difference is, 'cause I can't see any, Avatars still cropped. :?

holmleighchris
21-05-2016, 04:30 PM
I had a sneak preview going back about a month. Looked good. To me it hasn't changed yet. Was due to on May 1st.

Dubbag
21-05-2016, 07:38 PM
They must have launched it in Ireland first...it's brilliant... XD

Albionic68
27-05-2016, 12:29 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2iqiyax.jpg

..... apparently.

SwedishBaggie
29-05-2016, 05:09 PM
They must have launched it in Ireland first...it's brilliant... XD

Probably, nothing new over here... :? ;)

Dubbag
29-05-2016, 08:25 PM
The ability to "Dislike" somebody's post is a nice added feature.......XD
Seriously, it's great!!!

Albionic68
02-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Hello Dubbs.

I was just wondering, what’s the colour resolution like in the new format?

http://i.imgur.com/jRVQn4P.gif

http://i.imgur.com/znDykuC.gif

http://i.imgur.com/5bU8xbw.gif

Please excuse my idle curiosity.
:) .

Bulgarian Baggie
03-06-2016, 06:50 AM
Why is it each and every time I log in I have to fill in my e-mail address even though it's been the same for years ?

WBA53
03-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Hello Dubbs.

What a wonderful post a contender for post of the year :heart:

Albionic68
06-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Hello Dubbs.

Tried to bump this post for the benefit of Dubbs, and to check the new formats colour resolution of course (wink).

Had a notification come on to say you can only post a maximum of four images per post, including smileys or winks.

Dubbag
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Colour is fine.....:O

Lots of testing going on lately....
Where ever is the Stroller fellow?

phillipgreen1@aol.com
08-06-2016, 08:38 PM
It won't let me on using my old username and password, pretty hopeless really.

Dubbag
08-06-2016, 08:39 PM
It won't let me on using my old username and password, pretty hopeless really.

I had the same problem...but it let me on in the end....Think I had to re submit my details....

Dubbag
08-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Oh, I have rated this thread excellent, purely for its informational content and not images.....:)

phild
08-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Why is it each and every time I log in I have to fill in my e-mail address even though it's been the same for years ?

What I found BB is if you enter your USER NAME and PASSWORD at the top of the page then tick the tiny box underneath which says REMEMBER ME it will then keep you logged in

Albionic68
09-06-2016, 08:33 AM
A few thoughts

Pluses:
• Quicker speeds switching between pages and other sites
• Quicker login
• Search facility
• Return of older threads
• Fresher appearance

Minuses:
• Resolution too sharp
• Above results in many other sites appearing eye scratchingly garish
• Still no working preview facility
• Not all posting icons etc work
• Difficulty navigating threads when not logged in and browsing at speed
• Still not keen on thread layout
• Keep getting kicked off/automatically logged out the site

Meh:
• Although a reader/occasional contributor to other social forums of similar format, it was the simple layout and format which initially attracted me to the old boards
• Not too fussed about the PM facility
• Not too fussed there’s no like button either. However when pushed for time and unable to quote/reply in full, it was a handy way of agreeing with fellow posters or showing appreciation for their thoughts and efforts
• No idea if the posting icons which currently do not work will be worth the effort when/if they ever do
• I am not intimated by learning to use something new, just unsure of whether it was necessary
• Don’t really have time to become fully familiar with the new site

Solutions:
• Alter screen resolution via laptop control panel to reduce sharpness – not an option as this will affect normal usage and I am not going to keep swapping around
• Spend more time familiarising myself to the site – not an option despite currently having the time to compile this post
• Stop using this site – would prefer to stay
• Or just get on with it and make the most of a FREE online forum
• Don’t over analyse things
• Log out for now, meet my mate for mid-day beers as planned and get some sun on my bones B).

TTFN.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
09-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Recent added a new thread with a typo in the heading, is there anyway that headings can be altered after posting?

Yarmbaggie
09-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Feedback.
The red and green resolution on my iPad seems to be working extremely well thank you, as is the black. Unfortunately the blue seems to be overflowing and could do with larger cartridges.

splinter
10-06-2016, 06:39 PM
What has improved?

Nothing, I'm finding it difficult to move around the site, don't think I will be using the site as much as before.

Q165
11-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Getting more used to it. Still concerned that some of the familiar faces are missing. Hopefully they are on a summer break and haven't been driven away. My latest little moan relates to the when I am looking at the site on my iPad. Very often just as I go to touch a relevant thread etc the screen moves at a very rapid speed and I end up calling up something totally irrelevant. If this were to happen from time to time it would be a slight nuisance. But when it happens regularly and in an unpredictable manner it drives me potty.

wolves71
11-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Recent added a new thread with a typo in the heading, is there anyway that headings can be altered after posting?

This might come across as confusing, you can edit your first post in the thread by clicking edit and then go advanced, once edited post number 1 will change, but the actual thread title will remain. A mod may be able to edit the thread title. If you look on Wolves mad i edited a thread i started called Euro 2016 Matches Thread, the original title is still there, but in post one it says Euro 2016 other matches thread.

holmleighchris
12-06-2016, 07:17 AM
I don't think so Tony, nor has there ever been.

BaggiefromStafford
12-06-2016, 10:21 AM
I like it, you can add things more without thiypic or the likes. :star:

splinter
12-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Where is the home symbol.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
12-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Where is the home symbol.

Click on the "top" key in the bottom right hand corner and then Baggies Banter

tomkya
12-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Pure and simple i f##king hate the new concept.

Albionic68
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Minuses:

Still no working preview facility

Although the 'Go Advanced' option was at the bottom right hand of the text box at the time of the post quoted above, I could not preview posts.

The 'Go Advanced' option now allows previews.

tomkya
12-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Tried to bump this post for the benefit of Dubbs, and to check the new formats colour resolution of course (wink).

Had a notification come on to say you can only post a maximum of four images per post, including smileys or winks.
Brilliant Albionic the colour is very good:D.
By the way people have we lost the like option?

Albionic68
12-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Brilliant Albionic the colour is very good:D.
By the way people have we lost the like option?

You're more than welcome Tom, and yes we have lost the 'like' option.

In fairness a lot of posters said in the past they didn't actually want or see the point of said option.

Having read across a variety of boards trying to familiarise myself with the new format, it's surprising to see how many posters now miss the option to like posts.
XD.

SwedishBaggie
14-06-2016, 08:35 AM
I liked the like/dislike options, and the registration of "likes". I want my 330 "likes" back :mad:;D

Q165
14-06-2016, 10:07 AM
I liked the like/dislike options, and the registration of "likes". I want my 330 "likes" back :mad:;D

I agree. There are times when a point is made, a joke cracked, an interesting story told etc etc. It might not mean that much but personally I sometimes like to acknowledge/laugh/agree etc etc with it. It is no big deal but I liked the Like option

Q165
14-06-2016, 10:17 AM
I had a little moan about them not long ago but the adverts are beginning to drive me mad. It is principally the fact that almost all the while I inadvertently open one even though my finger is nowhere near it. It has graduated from being a real nuisance to a right pain in the ar5e.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
14-06-2016, 10:52 AM
I had a little moan about them not long ago but the adverts are beginning to drive me mad. It is principally the fact that almost all the while I inadvertently open one even though my finger is nowhere near it. It has graduated from being a real nuisance to a right pain in the ar5e.

Have you tried Ad610cker, Q, I use it and get no adverts.

Sorry the site won't let me use the proper word

SwedishBaggie
14-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Is everyone in "Hall of Fame", regardless of number of posts:?

And the site repeatedly "freezes" and have to be restarted, was not that frequent before >:(

Q165
14-06-2016, 12:05 PM

And the site repeatedly "freezes" and have to be restarted, was not that frequent before >:(

I think everyone is Hall of Fame at the moment. I assume this would be the case even if you had been a member for only 5 minutes.

I have no problem with freezing but occasionally I get 'timed out'

Q165
14-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Have you tried Ad610cker, Q, I use it and get no adverts.

Sorry the site won't let me use the proper word

No apologies for being really dull but what is this and what is entailed? Sorry.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
14-06-2016, 01:06 PM
No apologies for being really dull but what is this and what is entailed? Sorry.

Ad61ocker is a piece of software that's free to download and it blocks adverts

PopArt
14-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks for that info Tony. Tried it this afternoon and found it works a treat.
Cheers.

phild
14-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Noticed someone with 40 and is a NEW MEMBER. Another with 221 and is called INTERNATIONAL.

Dubbag
14-06-2016, 08:26 PM
So far....so good....

Baggies_Boy_Tony
16-06-2016, 07:46 AM
So far....so good....

Got to admit that now I've got used to it, I quite like the new layout and find it easier to follow, still one of two little niggles but in general fine.

kettering_baggie
17-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Look at the times against the posts, whoever programmed this is an idiot.

WBA53
17-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Yes Kettering it was pointed out last week as well,teething troubles hopefully but they should have ironed them all out before rolling out the new format

Dubbag
17-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Yes but I still prefare this format, bugs and all, to the other one.....
It will only get better.
By the way...the time did throw me as well at first, but been able to go straight to a last post is nice....

Albionic68
18-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Post timings were showing up fine for me.

Posted at 11:20hrs, showed up as 11:20hrs.

Q165
22-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I notice that since the upgrade we are no longer being provided with brilliant investment opportunities, great offers on moving, fitted ********, furniture etc etc. Is this fair or reasonable?

Dubbag
05-01-2022, 06:06 PM
Hello Dubbs.

Had to resurrect this thread.....

mickd1961
05-01-2022, 07:00 PM
Had to resurrect this thread.....

Jesus, the bird at the top would have me frothing like a Nexpresso machine after 30 seconds.

I’d give a months earnings to be young again and capable of standing a remote chance with that!

Dubbag
05-01-2022, 07:06 PM
Jesus, the bird at the top would have me frothing like a Nexpresso machine after 30 seconds.

I’d give a months earnings to be young again and capable of standing a remote chance with that!

The fourth one down is a cracker as well.....:p