PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Moment Of The Season

Mandy_Turnerhead
22-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Mine is very obscure but it sticks with me. Leading 0-1 at Hillsborough with 5 minutes left, that previous feeling of initial euphoria at scoring mixed with the resignation that we were still going to be comfortably beaten has evaporated and left us in a situation where we're not that far from pulling off the improbable. We were getting closer and closer and starting to believe. Then, with the away end falling slightly more quiet with nerves and Wednesday on the attack down the far end, one bloke let out a cry which encapsulated the inner thoughts of every man stood on Leppings Lane that afternoon:

'Pleeease Rotherham. Please'. At the absolute top of his voice.

I thought it was brilliant. It couldn't have summed the torture of that second half and the desperation to hold onto that victory any better. The fact that he went onto get his wish, and that tremendous result had such a big influence on our imminent great escape, made it even more brilliant.

You're only allowed to pick

jolly_roger
22-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Derby manager blowing kisses to the away end fans...........then XD

Monkey46
22-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Derby fans chanting youre feckin ****, still makes me laugh, what a turning point, priceless. :D

Els Moliners
22-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Every Middlesbrough missed chance met with hooray

one_a_day
22-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Tosspot Wassell getting what he deserved

ozzymiller
22-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Tough call...
Toss up between singing "is this a library" at SWFC and the pen going in v Leeds - I'll go SWFC as I was able to give some serious **** out to my Fowl friends.

Els Moliners
22-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Mk away. All of it

gorky
22-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Brentford at home. We were winning for the first time in ages. The game was being closed out. Everyone was buoyant. Then the scoreboard flashed up Bolton had conceded a late goal - big cheer. Then Charlton had conceded a late goal - bigger cheer. Then MK Dons had conceded a late goal - even bigger cheer. Then Leicester had scored a late winner - a 'that's just topped it off' cheer. If memory serves me correct, this all happened in the space of ten seconds.

Casper64Frank
22-05-2016, 10:30 PM
MK Dons away. The atmosphere in the stadium was tense but not for long.
4-0 away win, nine points clear, at last a goal from Kirky Broadfoot and the look on Karl Robinson's face was priceless. Made my weekend.

Els Moliners
22-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Good one

leedsmiller
22-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Got to be MK Dons (away!), great following, tremendous atmosphere - and Kirky scored! It was at that point we really started to believe we'd achieved the impossible.

(I should also mention the tweet of the season from a Derby fan '3-0 down and they bring on Leon Best lol.' Classic).

CAMiller
23-05-2016, 01:31 AM
Obviously no direct moments for me so in retrospect it has to be the 92nd minute goal that Bolton scored to beat us 2-1 that obviously led TS to initiate a Neil swap. The rest will go down in Millers history.

(also similar to leedsmiller, whoever it was posted on the Derby match thread asking why bring on Best and not give JCH a run out for experience - it could have been jolly_roger but I might be wrong)

Ericsladkilnhurst
23-05-2016, 01:35 AM
Me going on the Derby county message board & telling them, " Derby County will always be the Bridesmaid, & never the Bride, " before the play off semi final games against Hull City.

mikemiller
23-05-2016, 05:15 AM
Derbyshire early goal v Franchise away.... meant that Franchise would need to score at least two to have a realistic chance of relegating us, so we had probably ensured safey

(Last minute penalty winner v Leeds at the NYS was pretty good too)

Pocket rocket
23-05-2016, 06:13 AM
Bristol city away.

A really good point getting loads of stick from the brizzie fans but they knew like we did we had outfought them.

They expected us to cave in we didn't and nearly won it.

Pure determination and spirit.

millertop
23-05-2016, 06:37 AM
There's some good ones but I'm going Derby at home, coming back after 3-0 down and seeing every home fan (that stayed) singing Campy what's the score.... Derby fans faces XD XD XD

Redshank
23-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Favourite moments for me invariably involve goals and the one that sticks out is Middlesborough at home. Everything about that goal was perfect; Boro squandered chance after chance before a classic Frecks goal in the last few minutes. Cue wild celebrations! Walking out of the ground after the match I got the feeling for the very first time that we'd got a real chance of staying up. That feeling just got stronger as the rest of the season unfolded.

The icing on the cake post Boro match was a furious Karanka bemoaning the fact that Rotherham had far more heart, passion and will to win than his show ponies!

Every time I hear the commentary of the Boro goal I get goose pimples. Fantastic :-)

flourbasher
23-05-2016, 01:52 PM
8000 extra Wendies turning up for their cup final expecting a landslide and having squirm in their seats for 95 minutes

ScudTheMiller
23-05-2016, 02:07 PM
For me it was the home win against 'Boro. I'm pretty sure I cried during the celebrations after Frecks (probably the coolest man in the ground at that precise moment) calmly slotted the ball into the net in front of a packed KCM to send 3 sides of the NYS into delerium. On a personnel note it was a shame that Mrs Scud had defied the laws of medical science and contracted 'man flu' (geez ,can't I have bloody anything for myself just once) so couldn't attend. At least she now has a better understanding of how ill I am when I get a sniffle.

Pocket rocket
23-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Scud it must have been woman flu they can't get man flu that's a medical fact.

welovebooth
23-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Franchise away that all but seemed our safety.

Winning awayv4-0 is brilliant any game but that that turned out to be"the game of Rotherham season"

redandgreen
23-05-2016, 05:30 PM
'New York, New York' sang with such glee at end of the Middlesbruff/Derby/Dirty Leeds games....and Howard Webb singing 'Campy, what's the score' towards the Derby fans