PDA

View Full Version : FAO Cornwall, Manx, Roger...

AnagRam
04-06-2016, 08:20 AM
...and any other 'economists'.
Today's DT has us second bottom of a Midlands based football finance league. Obviously expect a big disparity between us and Prem. clubs but we're below Wolves and Birmingham. Imagine they were still receiving some degree of 'parachute' payment but I would have thought - given our crowds and all the sponsorship - we'd still be doing better. Only 'you know who' below us from the top two flights. Cause for concern or much as expected?

roger_ramjet
04-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Hmmm only 3rd choice on your list... maybe got the hump now so wont answer! I guess the answer lies in what the criteria used are - is it asset based or turnover based. What financial year end is it based on etc.

Cannot therefore add much - do you have link to article

AnagRam
04-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Lol...only because you've recently shown your 'liberal/caring' rather than 'ruthless economist' side over Wonga and Just Eat...see you in a new light. ;-)
It's 'revenue generated' for 2014-15 season.

tricky1972
04-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Here is the article that the Nottingham Post ran on the numbers

- view external link (http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-Midlands-Premier-League/story-29351509-detail/story.html)

roger_ramjet
04-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Just a guess but I suspect transfer fee income may be included and as we never get any money for our players that could be the difference? Wolves and Brum recently sold Afobe and Gray respectively?

CornwallRam
04-06-2016, 11:55 AM
That one's easy. Wolves and Brum each had just over £10m in parachute payments in that season - we were commercially by far and away the best performers in the Championship from that list when those are stripped away.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2015/06/02/where-the-money-went-chelsea-top-premier-league-cash-table-with-99m-prize-020601/

Can't seem to insert the link properly

AnagRam
04-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Thanks CR...'commercially by far and away the best performers in the Championship'...for which I assume we should all be grateful to Sam Rush, despite the occasional, misplaced imo, attacks on him.

ManxRam
04-06-2016, 06:34 PM
A good friend of mind is a lawyer in London and knows Rush well, he says he is one of the most commercially astute people he knows and that any club in the country would benefit from his presence.

Anywho
07-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Just a guess but I suspect transfer fee income may be included and as we never get any money for our players that could be the difference? Wolves and Brum recently sold Afobe and Gray respectively?

And it's based on the year 14/15, so neither transactions will figure. Nor will our spending of last season.