PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2016 Table

CAMiller
14-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Here's the table after the first round of group games have been completed. Now is the time to let me know if you think your total is incorrect in any way. Obviously only points from the goal scoring, clean sheets and bookings etc. have been accumulated so far.

NeztheMiller
14-06-2016, 09:47 PM
3rd and only two points off the leader, that'll do me at this stage of the comp ..... where's Brin by the way?

CAMiller
14-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Not sure where he is. He might have fallen foul of the fact that I heard after the update if you are banned from one Mad site then you are banned from them all. However he has my email and hasn't been in touch so I hope he's OK and just on one of his annual trips/holidays. All this after he told me to stop going on about getting entries into this competition early, he went and missed it himself.

Brin
18-06-2016, 07:13 AM
CAM.....Many apologies as I was once again in holiday mode and forgot to post...all these jolly jaunts are taking a hit on the piggy bank so no two weeks state side this summer....decided to see something for our money so we're having a big make over in the kitchen and bathroom....

Then again with me missing out if it gives Nez a better chance of winning....😉

Well done CAM. once again for taking the time and providing the entertainment factor during the close season.... I suppose it keeps the grey matter ticking over in readiness for next season's Prediction League competition....well done fella...

CAMiller
18-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Updated table after 2nd round of group games. Does not yet include points for L16 for those teams that are already through. Will do all that once the group games are completed. Again, let me know if your score is wrong.

CAM

NeztheMiller
18-06-2016, 10:01 PM
Bloody hell, from third down to ninth, that serves me right for picking Captain Fantastic's team Portugal as my goal scorers.

ScudTheMiller
19-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Is there a link to our original predictions. I seem to have mislaid my paperwork

Bloody chuffed to have gone from 10th upto 4th .. Thanks Son !!

CAMiller
19-06-2016, 06:06 AM
Is there a link to our original predictions. I seem to have mislaid my paperwork

Bloody chuffed to have gone from 10th upto 4th .. Thanks Son !!

Yes they are on the prediction league message board (click on Prediction League on the trail at the top Forums->Clubs->Rotherham United->Prediction League

(or here's a link ;D http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38124456)

CAMiller
23-06-2016, 01:11 AM
Well the group games are over with and the table posted below - as usual check your score to make sure it's correct.

After Italy's capitulation against the Republic of Ireland France took the Top Dogs award over Germany with both having 7pts and a goal difference of 3 but France scored one goal more. Being the only team with 0pts Ukraine were easily the Donkeys. Everyone still have their Goal Hounds in the competition but several have lost their Dirty Cnuts as Albania, Turkey and Russia are on their way home. At least the first two collected 30 and 21pts respectively but not only couldn't Russia get any points (except against you know who) they were equally useless at picking up cards. Only myowzer has lost his Defensive Rocks as Sweden bow out without a single clean sheet. Not much variation in the scores for picking the last 16 with 13 being the best and 11 the worst. Most posters have either lost at least 1 of their selected quarter finalists or can't get all 8 correct due to them playing each other e.g. England v Iceland.

CAM

CAMiller
27-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Well I did warn people to enter the prediction competition in order to retain interest when England departed XD

With the quarter finals set, again there was a small range of between 4 and 6 teams predicted correctly by all posters and most now left with the chance of just a pair of semi finalists. Due to a plethora of yellow cards and a red card for the Republic of Ireland Vespabri has built up a healthy lead at the top of the table and it's going to take a special set of circumstances for someone to beat him including France not winning the tournament and not scoring another goal, Germany or Portugal winning some high scoring games whilst conceding goals or Poland/Portugal being involved in some bloodbaths with most of the team being booked and or sent off.

CAM

CAMiller
03-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Is anybody there or has Euro2016 exhaustion set in? Vespabri retains his place atop the table but all is not done and dusted just yet as a couple of scenarios could still rob him of the title e.g. France keeping 2 clean sheets and preventing Germany from keeping one, Portugal winning the tournament and scoring 5 goals more than France on the way to doing so, Germany beating France by 8 or more goals, Portugal having 9 players sent off....OK those last two might be unlikely.

CAM

CAMiller
07-07-2016, 09:21 PM
So we are down to the final game with 8 players having picked one finalist, 7 going with France and one with Portugal and 6 players have France as their goal hounds with one having Portugal. Four players have France as their defensive rocks and one has Portugal as his dirty cnuts.

vespabri will wear the crown of MillersMad PL Euro2016 champion unless:-
France keep a clean sheet in which case ScudTheMiller will prevail unless
Portugal win by at least 5 goals scored from open play in which case NeztheMIller will win unless
Portugal have at least 5 players receive yellow cards in which case MillersFanDave could win.

Got it? XD

Tune in late on Sunday to find out the answer to this footballing mystery!

CAM

vespabri
07-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Jesus...i never win owt.
If i remember rightly i had France to win.

CAMiller
11-07-2016, 01:39 AM
Jesus...i never win owt.
If i remember rightly i had France to win.

Unfortunately Bri you still haven't won owt XD Who would have thought but in the end the MillersMad Euro2016 Prediction Competition turned out to be more interesting than the tournament itself. With thanks to France for keeping a clean sheet for 90 minutes, ScudTheMiller can be seen lifting the virtual trophy whilst MillersFanDave takes 2nd thanks to Portugal's 6 yellow cards and vespabri has to settle for 3rd. Kudos to NeztheMiller as the only player to pick Portugal as the winners giving him top dog status with 51pts out of a possible 80 in the prediction stakes but he lost out overall due to his bonus picks. As for a donkey it must be frogmiller who filled in half his predictions and said he'd finish them after tea. Must be one hell of a scoff you're having frog?

Thanks to everyone for taking part.

CAM

mikemiller
11-07-2016, 05:02 AM
That was a close finish!
Well done Scud, and thanks for organising the competition CAM
I was let down by England's early exit (should have known better by now). Portugal looked awful in that pre-tournament friendly v England - that put me right off them.

caytonmiller
11-07-2016, 06:59 AM
Thanks for running cam. Always entertaining

ScudTheMiller
11-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Thanks Cam for organising ,it turned out to be more entertaining than the Euro's itself. Massive thanks must also go to my Son who did all the hard work. Well done to everyone that participated ,it's not the winning it's the taking part (something England fans are far too fimiliar hearing).
Can't wait for the new season the start now. If it's any consolation I'm predicting a top half finish.

UTM