PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Clough regrets

essexred52
17-06-2016, 09:12 PM
http://m.nottinghampost.com/nigel-clough-regrets-ever-joining-derby-county/story-29413274-detail/story.html

Forest was always his 1st love :P

KingCharlieGeorge
17-06-2016, 09:30 PM
He's a crap, boring manager so lets hope you get what you deserve :P

ramAnag
18-06-2016, 07:46 AM
http://m.nottinghampost.com/nigel-clough-regrets-ever-joining-derby-county/story-29413274-detail/story.html

Hardly surprising Es***, given that by far his most successful playing days came during nine years under his dad at your place. Bit disingenuous to start spouting off about joining Derby now though and as KCG suggests...some good talent spotting and budget managing apart...he's a dour and uninspiring manager with appalling man management skills imo.

StensonRam
18-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Easy to say with hindsight, his chairman even told him it was too good an opportunity to turn down and ultimately he came for the money and as for working his socks off then that's probably true regarding clearing out the dead wood and reducing the wage bill, yes he did a sterling job and no one will ever argue that but when it came to that push and the time for real progress on the pitch he was left wanting, look at Burton when he went back, didn't he arrive back at Burton top with what was it 5 point gap to second and 2 games in hand, well he managed to throw all that away and and finish second and that was goal difference.

Nice bloke but clueless manager, would suit forest down to the ground, then after 6 months when the forest fans get on his back and want him out he can harp on about never should of left Burton

mistaram
18-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Yes all the dogs calling him NLN a anyone who signs Connor Salmoin for.a £1million must be a good manager

Manofpride
18-06-2016, 09:22 AM

I think he regrets leaving Burton because he realises that he couldn't do it at a massive club like Derby. Trying to manage a big club got to him, that's why a job at Forest would appeal to him as it's a similar job to the one he has now at Burton!

BaaLocks
18-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Always hard to realise you've reached your level, we've all been there in one way or another. It's how you react to that which makes the man of you. I actually am firmly in the camp that we are a better club for him having been here, he did stabilise the ship and did bring about a turn of fortunes that prevented us from totally collapsing as a club. But I do also recognise he simply didn't have what it take to guide the ship once the momentum was the other way. Shame he can't see it like that, and be big enough to recognise it.

I am reminded of how his Dad reacted about not getting the England job, with a wry smile and an inner strength that said more 'screw you, your loss' than the sad bitterness Nigel is reduced to.

AngryRam
18-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Forest are welcome to him... Good match IMO.
:mad:

macstheman
19-06-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't know what he's moaning about, four years eight months makes him the 3rd longest serving manager after Cox and the Bald Eagle since his dad!! These days it's a marathon if you last longer than 2 years, look how long Sheff U suffered him. So stop moaning and concentrate on your job at Burton!!

ramAnag
19-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Looks like Zola to Forest anyway doesn't it...well at least till the clocks change.
As mac says, time to shut up Nigel, probably only succeeded in making next season's welcome at the iPro a little less warm.

StensonRam
19-06-2016, 12:01 PM
I think he knows he's got a job on keeping them in this league, good luck nige but your a L1 manager managing a L1 club at best

StensonRam
19-06-2016, 12:04 PM
Looks like Zola to Forest anyway doesn't it...well at least till the clocks change.
As mac says, time to shut up Nigel, probably only succeeded in making next season's welcome at the iPro a little less warm.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, all these top names they wanted, MON, Pearson and now they're scratching around the bargin bin for Zola or Giggs

triz
19-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Reading the report all Nigel says is he regrets leaving burton as he worked so hard and just as they were in the cusp he left, for a better opportunity that in the long run you could argue didn't work out for him. Now he's back at burton and courting their fans. Standard fare really for managers. Oh and forest weren't mentioned as far as I saw, Es*** is just desperate for a bit of love 😉