PDA

View Full Version : Bbc ...

Buc
19-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Was speaking with a couple about how much the BBC should charge for a license fee ..

I think its £149-50 going by memory

Older people!e 75 and over are free ..

For me once you reach pension age it should be free as the pensioners I know most struggle from week to week.

2/3 of the population and more won't see 75 .not got long left then :O

What do you lads think should we pay more or indeed maybe auntie beeb should go down the advertising route .

Be interesting to see how you educated lads on here think.

dons8321
19-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Was speaking with a couple about how much the BBC should charge for a license fee ..

For me once you reach pension age it should be free as the pensioners I know most struggle from week to week.

What do you lads think should we pay more or indeed maybe auntie beeb should go down the advertising route .

Being an old git I'd agree with you regarding free TV licences for over 65s...being an old git I resent your inference that I won't make 75!

Buc
19-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Opps double post :?

One is enough I think

Barnared
19-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Phuk em. I've never paid a penny and never will.

Phukin tv tax? Aye right.

Mason89
19-06-2016, 05:32 PM
I pay it but absolutely no idea why. Think this'll be the last time for me.

Buc
19-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Being an old git I'd agree with you regarding free TV licences for over 65s...being an old git I resent your inference that I won't make 75!

Lol dons ..

They say a third of the population won't reach retirement (65) but that will be more when the retirement age rises
Its squeaky bum time in your 70s I think .
Mind you my dad is 89 next week and still jumps on a bus into town he also works out every day with lightweights

Maybe that keeps him going ..
And yes he watches loads of TV mostly John Wayne All Jolson and fitba .he's in his element the now.

Maybe there hope for us ;D

blinlemon
19-06-2016, 05:33 PM
"...the cost of everything and the value of nothing".

Buc
19-06-2016, 05:38 PM
I pay it but absolutely no idea why. Think this'll be the last time for me.

I haven't paid it for 2-3 years now wrote to them saying that they covered for pedos they knew who they were and said nothing they could have saved many kids from years of bad memories from these people they covered for.

For that reason I will not watch the BBC ever again and will not be paying for something I do not need .

If they weren't happy take me to court I will happily go .
I got a standard letter but nothing else since.

Buc
19-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Phuk em. I've never paid a penny and never will.

Phukin tv tax? Aye right.

Nice one . not sure how true this is but I was speaking to a retired cameraman living in Spain who worked for the BBC and he was telling me the license fee goes directly to the Westminster government ..

That certainly was a huge surprise .

Mason89
19-06-2016, 06:05 PM
"...the cost of everything and the value of nothing".

BBC 4 is worth the money itself. For me it's not about the value. Theyre forcing you to pay for their services whether you use them or not. It's not right. They're unaccountable to the people that pay their wages as well, meaning they can launch out antique shows with carefree abandon.

Buc
19-06-2016, 06:16 PM
BBC 4 is worth the money itself. For me it's not about the value. Theyre forcing you to pay for their services whether you use them or not. It's not right. They're unaccountable to the people that pay their wages as well, meaning they can launch out antique shows with carefree abandon.

Bang on Mason

The_Verninator
20-06-2016, 01:12 PM
The fee is worth the money i guess...they do some great work...but also some right old sh*t too.

It's the fact i have no choice in the matter...and the draconian money grabbing methods they use to enforce the license...which p*sses me off.

Barnared
20-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Nice one . not sure how true this is but I was speaking to a retired cameraman living in Spain who worked for the BBC and he was telling me the license fee goes directly to the Westminster government ..

That certainly was a huge surprise .
Aye that's right. The TV Licencing Authority I think its now called. The government collects the money in the form of a direct tax and in turns gives it to the BBC departments through a parliament approved budget. I think its the 'department for culture media and sport' that deal with that.

The so called 'licence fee' is classified as a tax and its tax evasion if you do not pay it. That is how they can get away with charging it. The BBC have nothing at all to do with setting the fee as that would be too dodgy, although quite incredibly they are tasked with collecting it as the BBC itself ARE now the TV Licensing Authority but use a private company to enforce the collections. Its tied up in phukin knots. They are, in my opinion, an arm of the government but they do claim to have a Director-General that is impartial and non political. The guy that is doing the £0.5 million a year job just now, Tony Hall, was made a peer in the house of Lords by Cameron. He recently was in the news for refusing to answer to a parliamentary committee, investigating bias claims, as he said "I don't have to I'm a Lord".

I agree with you that to some folk, the BBC would be good value. I also agree that BBC 4 often, when it is on, has decent programming but for me it's the only thing they have going for them. I find all the rest is total garbage and nowhere near value for money. Its almost as expensive as sky for phuks sake and some folk probably pay less for a hell of a lot more.

I think its about the forced tax nature and the value. it's about £150 quid a year!! for 2 and a half channels, some news and 1 and a half radio stations for Scotland!!!

They have plans in place to change the whole thing soon. They want to change the tax to include all media in the UK, meaning that every household will soon have to pay whether it has a TV or not.

scobiemacd
20-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Bbc is one of those acronyms that used to mean one thing to me but now means another. Bloody internet.

Brian Grantland
20-06-2016, 05:35 PM
that made me laugh min scobes, I'd say that would be a fair lifestyle choice for buc

As regards the organisation under discussion.

I don't mind paying it for bbc 4 some of bbc 2 some alba stuff (gothenburg 83 for example) and the radio channels.
Without even mentioning the web services.

Never having to hear the words Tony from Tile It All again is a small price to pay.

I'd also say its incredible hypocrisy to watch/listen to it and not pay for it on grievance grounds

Barnared
20-06-2016, 05:44 PM
that made me laugh min scobes, I'd say that would be a fair lifestyle choice for buc

As regards the organisation under discussion.

I don't mind paying it for bbc 4 some of bbc 2 some alba stuff (gothenburg 83 for example) and the radio channels.
Without even mentioning the web services.

Never having to hear the words Tony from Tile It All again is a small price to pay.

I'd also say its incredible hypocrisy to watch/listen to it and not pay for it on grievance grounds

XD

NEM83
21-06-2016, 12:11 PM

It amazes me anyone still pays that extortion fee to fund their propoganda

Buc
21-06-2016, 12:18 PM
XD

I agree ..
If I go into a shop buy a Mars bar I don't pay for the Marathon bar on the shelf at the counter if I don't want it.what's the difference with the license fee..
The thing is I've written to the beeb gave my reasons and as yet they have never came knocking on my door..
I've been up front from the start.

Sorry that was meant to be for NEM83.

No idea what happened there thought I'd replied to him my apologizes.
Auld age

Aldo1983
21-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Bbc is one of those acronyms that used to mean one thing to me but now means another. Bloody internet.

What does it mean?

Anyway, my wife loves the BBC. Loves it!

Pacman1903
21-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Radio Scotland is listened to, BBC news at 10, Reporting Scotland both watched as good as every day, bbc 4 is watched regularly and i did watch bbc 3 when it existed.

Canna moan about it or im a hypocrite

Barnared
21-06-2016, 10:05 PM
I agree ..
If I go into a shop buy a Mars bar I don't pay for the Marathon bar on the shelf at the counter if I don't want it.what's the difference with the license fee..
The thing is I've written to the beeb gave my reasons and as yet they have never came knocking on my door..
I've been up front from the start.

Sorry that was meant to be for NEM83.

No idea what happened there thought I'd replied to him my apologizes.
Auld age

Nae bother. It was the marathon bit that gave yer auld age away :)

By the way, did you 'decline access' when you wrote to them?

Barnared
21-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Radio Scotland is listened to, BBC news at 10, Reporting Scotland both watched as good as every day, bbc 4 is watched regularly and i did watch bbc 3 when it existed.

Canna moan about it or im a hypocrite
Sky arts is 10 times the channel bbc 4 is...watching a cracking documentary on johnny cash just now.

Buc
22-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Sky arts is 10 times the channel bbc 4 is...watching a cracking documentary on johnny cash just now.

Aye Johnny Cash is a great story saw the film as well ..

Losing his brother the way he done was horrific loved the prison visit to entertain the inmates .

Buc
22-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Nae bother. It was the marathon bit that gave yer auld age away :)

By the way, did you 'decline access' when you wrote to them?

Cana mind if I did or not. But did write to them giving reasons ..

More than likely not then.

Barnared
22-06-2016, 08:59 AM
Cana mind if I did or not. But did write to them giving reasons ..

More than likely not then.

The story goes - by having a gate or a door or a bell or letter box, you're 'inclining access' to anyone who wants to come up your path, knock on your door etc. By law you can 'decline access' to someone, in this case the wee rats that enforce for the TVLA that come from a private company.

You simply write to the TVLA and decline access to your property and they can't come near it. I'd hope that you wouldn't actually get to that stage as with any luck, they don't actually know who you are and still call you 'the occupier' in their computer generated letters.

To anyone who doesn't want to pay and is unfortunate enough to get one of the wee numpties at the door, get your phone out and film the chunt. I guarantee he'll no be back.

Right that's enough. I've said too much and they will be watching B)XD

Pacman1903
22-06-2016, 12:09 PM

Not doubting that, i watch both channels

NEM83
22-06-2016, 03:14 PM
The story goes - by having a gate or a door or a bell or letter box, you're 'inclining access' to anyone who wants to come up your path, knock on your door etc. By law you can 'decline access' to someone, in this case the wee rats that enforce for the TVLA that come from a private company.

You simply write to the TVLA and decline access to your property and they can't come near it. I'd hope that you wouldn't actually get to that stage as with any luck, they don't actually know who you are and still call you 'the occupier' in their computer generated letters.

To anyone who doesn't want to pay and is unfortunate enough to get one of the wee numpties at the door, get your phone out and film the chunt. I guarantee he'll no be back.

Right that's enough. I've said too much and they will be watching B)XD

I've not declined access but the wife is under strict instructions to give them the same response they'll get if I'm at home

"GTF"