PDA

View Full Version : Tesla driver dead

Barnared
01-07-2016, 01:28 PM
The inevitable has happened, someone has died in a collision involving self drive technology...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36680043

Buc
01-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Anyone who trust that cars must have a lot of faith in technology..

Not for me ..sad news though.

Skacel
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Anyone who trust that cars must have a lot of faith in technology..

Not for me ..sad news though.

It's early days. In a few years, once all the bugs have been found and fixed, it will be fine.

The_Verninator
01-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Seems to be the next big thing in car/vehicle tech - potential billions i guess.

It was inevitable - but early days and all that.

I would love to have one of those in 10-15 years.

K.I.T.T was my hero

AberdeenArnold
01-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Modern aeroplanes have some of the most up to date technology in the world and they still crash.

Driverless cars are the future, there will be a point when they are safer than the cars we have now. I think it will take many years to get there though and even more for people to adapt and accept them.

Which begs the question, if all cars are automated then how did Arnie know how to drive the car in Terminator 2? Another gaping whole in a fantastic plot.

Barnared
01-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Modern aeroplanes have some of the most up to date technology in the world and they still crash.

Driverless cars are the future, there will be a point when they are safer than the cars we have now. I think it will take many years to get there though and even more for people to adapt and accept them.

Which begs the question, if all cars are automated then how did Arnie know how to drive the car in Terminator 2? Another gaping whole in a fantastic plot.

Aye, when the human race invents electro-mechanical systems that cannot fail. Then driverless cars will be safe and insurable.

AberdeenArnold
01-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Most car accidents are caused by driver error.

I don't expect any machine or computer to be 100 percent effective but neither are humans. It's not about making a driverless car that it 100 percent safe, that is an unachievable goal. It's about developing a car that is safer than a human. I think that this can be done but the timescale is anyones guess. The big car companies will plough money into this because whoever gets it right 1st will be mega rich.

If you told people before 1903 that they could fly, they wouldn't believe you. Nowadays you can fly Ryanair to Europe for £9.99 although admittedly Bojo may have f@cked this for all of us.

Pacman1903
01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Cars for lazy f@cks

scobiemacd
01-07-2016, 10:18 PM
It's early days. In a few years, once all the bugs have been found and fixed, it will be fine.

Every time they do an update though it will inevitably f'uck things up for a short while. You'll be sitting in the seat frantically pressing Accelerator ,Clutch and Brake all at the same time to reboot.

Brian Grantland
01-07-2016, 10:19 PM
he's apparently been watching a film

Pacman1903
02-07-2016, 05:07 AM
he's apparently been watching a film

I read that too, but my question is how would they have known that? Who was in the car to know. Or did he phone someone and say "this new Jungle Books excellent, you should hear Christopher Walken as King Louie"

I smell keech, keech to make it out as if it was his fault for nae paying attention

Jupiter
02-07-2016, 03:36 PM
I read that too, but my question is how would they have known that? Who was in the car to know. Or did he phone someone and say "this new Jungle Books excellent, you should hear Christopher Walken as King Louie"

I smell keech, keech to make it out as if it was his fault for nae paying attention

I suppose they know he was watching a film from looking at the cars computer memory

Pacman1903
02-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I suppose they know he was watching a film from looking at the cars computer memory

Does the car have a tv?

If so thats f@cking asking for trouble, as this proves

gervaise_brookhampst
02-07-2016, 05:07 PM
I heard the driver of the truck he hit claimed he could hear it still playing after the accident. They have found a DVD player in the car (not fitted to the car as standard )

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-tesla-autopilot-idUKKCN0ZH4X3

redscot
02-07-2016, 05:17 PM
If he was watching a film... then phucking hard lines.