PDA

View Full Version : O/T Help required, Blu-Ray Pure Audio

LincsMiller
02-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Ive had an audio cd album box set bought as a birthday present, one of the discs has previously un-released tracks but it is on Blu-Ray pure audio. Normally I import any music to iTunes and play back through a bluetooth Bose speaker.
Anyone know if its possible to connect a stand alone blu-ray player to a Mac computer and import /rip tracks to save in iTunes library? Or will it require connecting blu-ray to cd amp ? Basically what I'm wanting to do is get the blu-ray disc onto iTunes library,( I'm not too concerned about the loss of audio quality) . Thanks

sawmiller
02-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Ive had an audio cd album box set bought as a birthday present, one of the discs has previously un-released tracks but it is on Blu-Ray pure audio. Normally I import any music to iTunes and play back through a bluetooth Bose speaker.
Anyone know if its possible to connect a stand alone blu-ray player to a Mac computer and import /rip tracks to save in iTunes library? Or will it require connecting blu-ray to cd amp ? Basically what I'm wanting to do is get the blu-ray disc onto iTunes library,( I'm not too concerned about the loss of audio quality) . Thanks

Out of my depth here, but try either macworld or macforums on the internet - often some very knowledgeable folk on there - I have received some good advice in the past on those - stating the obvious but just trying to help bud

LincsMiller
02-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Out of my depth here, but try either macworld or macforums on the internet - often some very knowledgeable folk on there - I have received some good advice in the past on those - stating the obvious but just trying to help bud

Thanks Sawmiller , I'm giving those a look, some are a bit Tecchie , its the ripping bit that looks awkward

Mick Sturbs
02-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Does your Mac have an audio in port?

If yes you can maybe use that input linked to iTunes?

If your Mac doesn't have an audio in port, you can maybe use an USB-to-audio adapter to connect to the blue ray player?.

LincsMiller
03-07-2016, 01:07 PM
After further research it looks as though I have to buy a blu-ray audio player and software to rip and convert the files to mp3 etc.
MickSturbs, I think that would only allow me to play the disc through my Mac but not save to iTunes library.
looks like blu-ray players are not that expensive, found some on eBay for about £15 , or do I go future proof and invest in one more state of the art????

Mick Sturbs
03-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Buy a playstation.