PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

gervaise_brookhampst
04-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Not everyones cup of tea I know but I like cars and used to love this so was interested to see how it went with new presenters.
The shooting of it is brilliant as usual this series but the presenters they put together were a bit hit or miss. Matt Le Blanc being the pick of the bunch.
Now I see Chris Evans has quit. He didn't bother me as much as he seemed to with others but was a bit "shouty". Ah well, will it get another series? Or will it be quietly dropped?

http://news.sky.com/story/1721519/chris-evans-steps-down-from-top-gear

AberdeenArnold
04-07-2016, 05:24 PM
I see Evans has a pending *** scandal.

Perhaps the BBC want to offer him a better role, he is one of old boys now.

Seriously though, new Top Gear was pish, I have little interest in cars but the Clarkson version was edgy and fun.

Feck_the_Huns
04-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Top Gear has always been p1sh, even way back to the days of Noel Edmunds. When test driving the new Austin Metro - "I particularly dislike the position of the cigar lighter, in relation to the car stereo, even though I don't smoke".

P1sh through the ages, to some skier racing some tw@t driving an Audi RS8 down the side of The Alps.

It was all about the presenters, and not about the cars. Even when test driving cars, it was ones that only footballers coud afford, not yer average viewer.

P1sh then, pish now

The_Verninator
04-07-2016, 09:19 PM
I see Evans has a pending *** scandal.

Perhaps the BBC want to offer him a better role, he is one of old boys now.

Seriously though, new Top Gear was pish, I have little interest in cars but the Clarkson version was edgy and fun.

Edgy and fun if you were a 40+ UKIP supporter

Chris Evans is a slightly less smug and annoying pr*ck version of that bellend Clarkson + the other two c*nts who presented the previous version of Sh*t Gear.

I have spoken - let it be so

As God and i are apt to say

xtrmntr75
04-07-2016, 11:29 PM
aye it's no like the days o Vicky Henderson Butler and Tiff Needell.

Thought Evans would have been ok on that. Haven't watched it though

Mr_Grieves
04-07-2016, 11:33 PM
Edgy and fun if you were a 40+ UKIP supporter

Chris Evans is a slightly less smug and annoying pr*ck version of that bellend Clarkson + the other two c*nts who presented the previous version of Sh*t Gear.

I have spoken - let it be so

As God and i are apt to say

Where's that f*cking like button gone ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

ragnarok
05-07-2016, 04:23 AM
Where's that f*cking like button gone ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

Is it acceptable to hate both Top Gear and that smug, sanctimonious pr*ck Stewart Lee?

gervaise_brookhampst
05-07-2016, 07:40 AM
If I see a thread about cricket, running, sh!te yank tv, tennis, jokes etc or any other crap i have no interest in, I dinna get the urge to go onto it and tell everyone my opinion on how crap it is, I respect that although it may not be my cup of tea, ithers might find it riveting so I ignore it and go look at threads I am interested in.......Weirdo that i am?:s
Vicky Butler Henderson is a bit of a milf but the new milf on top gear is Sabine Schmitz , time for a milf off.......

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/68000/Bavarian-Top-Gear-Sabine-438068.jpg

I have to agree though that Stewart Lee is a right smug c u n t.

Pacman1903
05-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Bottom eens a beaut min. No thanks

Barnared
05-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Front runner to replace Evans on top gear..........Nigel Farage. Get back to the good old days of xenophobia and racism.

Jupiter
05-07-2016, 05:45 PM
They should just get Clarkson back, nobody is going to watch his new show on Amazon.

Mr_Grieves
05-07-2016, 06:02 PM
They should get Farage to crash his plane on top of Clarkson - I'd watch that.

Jussi
06-07-2016, 08:40 AM
It was great When it fist began - and it actually was about cars , showing the new models and giving proper reviews etc.

then it deteriorated when the original presenters left

never watch it and never watch anything where they have audience people standing around like spare parts

The_Verninator
06-07-2016, 04:30 PM
It was great When it fist began - and it actually was about cars , showing the new models and giving proper reviews etc.

then it deteriorated when the original presenters left

never watch it and never watch anything where they have audience people standing around like spare parts

Spot on - it used to be a factual show about Cars - not about the presenters

I remember the old show - good presenters used to like watching it then.

Barnared
06-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Spot on - it used to be a factual show about Cars - not about the presenters

I remember the old show - good presenters used to like watching it then.

Aye me too. I don't think that the car manufacturers like televised reviews of their cars nowadays.

Jupiter
06-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Is William Woolard still alive?