PDA

View Full Version : And another one

Stupie82
08-07-2016, 09:28 AM
So another big shooting in the US today. 11 police officers shot at a "black lives matter" rally, 5 deid and all shot by two snipers. Racial tensions in the US are completely reverting back to the bad old days, if they ever went at all that is. A country that constantly interferes in other nations issues and pleads for world peace, is imploding itself on the inside. One of these days, sh!t will really hit the fan in the US and it will likely come through increased racial and xenophobic tension, coupled with the increasing governments attempts to unarm its citizens. Its a lost cause.

Barnared
08-07-2016, 11:06 AM
This is great for the arms dealers. It sells more guns and amo.

I think it's gonna get very much worse before it gets better.

Aldo1983
08-07-2016, 12:26 PM
It was always going to happen. Taking the fight to the police. I think on average 30 black men are shot by the police per month over there. None of them are totally innocent but we've all seen footage of genuine needless shootings.

The good cops can't win now. They need to stop closing rank though and start to accept they need to change.

Bad cops will always have support from right wing America.

First thing that happens after something like this is they aggressively defend their right to bare arms. That's a mental attitude.

RIP

Barnared
08-07-2016, 01:31 PM
It was always going to happen. Taking the fight to the police. I think on average 30 black men are shot by the police per month over there. None of them are totally innocent but we've all seen footage of genuine needless shootings.

The good cops can't win now. They need to stop closing rank though and start to accept they need to change.

Bad cops will always have support from right wing America.

First thing that happens after something like this is they aggressively defend their right to bare arms. That's a mental attitude.

RIP

Aye but we all know that the exact opposite will happen.

Brian Grantland
08-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Just a question

How many of you have lived in the US?

Aldo1983
08-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Just a question

Very briefly. My brother in law lives there. Wife used to. in-laws as well. Few friends do. Some of my best friends are black™

Why Brian?

Were you going to suggest that because we don't live there we can't pass comment?

Mason89
08-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Just looking over some of the stats & some parts of the US is effectively a war zone. The gun crime for Chicago alone is staggering.

I think at some point in the future, the government will crack down on buying assault weapons at Aldis. This will lead to the break up of the US, with Texas going first.

Barnared
08-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Just looking over some of the stats & some parts of the US is effectively a war zone. The gun crime for Chicago alone is staggering.

I think at some point in the future, the government will crack down on buying assault weapons at Aldis. This will lead to the break up of the US, with Texas going first.

I don't think you would be far off there. Or at least you would probably be correct if the US government ever did anything about guns, which I don't believe they will.

A referendum would sort it all out.

Barnared
08-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Very briefly. My brother in law lives there. Wife used to. in-laws as well. Few friends do. Some of my best friends are black™

Why Brian?

Were you going to suggest that because we don't live there we can't pass comment?

Nah, don't think he meant anything as stupid as that......

Stupie82
09-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Google Jade Helm 15 - a conspiracy theory about military exercises taking place in the US designed to impose martial law when they remove the fire arms from the civilians. The most hostile states include Texas and Utah. Okay its a conspiracy theory, but I am almost at some point it will happen.

My folks lived in Katy, Texas for 18 months and the Texans love their guns over there. You could walk into a sports store and are presented with a huge glass counter full of guns and assault rifles and aisles full of bullets in lovely pink boxes. Scary sh!t like. As said above, some States are like war zones over there and there are complete no go areas. The government is losing its grip on the people and there will be serious consequences.

Pacman1903
09-07-2016, 09:20 AM
I work with a Texican out here. He says guns are part of being American, people fought for the rights to bear arms he says. He was telling me whatr Wallmart sells, its mental. Anyway he flew home the day this happened, so i dont know his views i wonder with it being so close to him he may have changed his mind a bit?

He is also voting for Trump. Which i found weird as hes American/Mexican. But "hes the only one who can fix the country" in his words

Aldo1983
09-07-2016, 09:45 AM
My brother in law married a half Scottish half Mexican girl who was born and bred over there. They are all voting for Trump as he's "anti establishment" apparently.

My Facebook was covered in posts from a girl I went to school with that now lives in Michigan. She's been going on and on about how it's idiots not the guns. That the worrying reaction. Straight on to defend your right rather than taking a step back to think about it all.

You can't ban idiots unfortunately.

InversneckieDob
09-07-2016, 10:24 AM
You know, the answer is not LESS guns it's MORE guns, I mean if the victims here had been armed............ oh, wait...........

Mason89
09-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I wonder how many of these cops have military backgrounds. Might be an idea to stop recruiting from there

gervaise_brookhampst
09-07-2016, 11:00 AM
I wonder how many of these cops have military backgrounds. Might be an idea to stop recruiting from there

That may well make them tend to be a bit more gung ho, I see one of the shooters was a former army reservist who did a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

Barnared
09-07-2016, 11:04 AM
That may well make them tend to be a bit more gung ho, I see one of the shooters was a former army reservist who did a tour of duty in Afghanistan.

I understood he was the only shooter.

gervaise_brookhampst
09-07-2016, 12:25 PM
I understood he was the only shooter.

Ah okay, I thought they arrested others in a car chase but that was early on , must have been nothing to do with it.

Donanddusted
09-07-2016, 01:09 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/father-accidental-gun-death-high-noon-kills-son-at-sarasota-florida-firing-range-still-control-gun-a7120336.html

"Father accidentally kills son at a Florida firing range but still defends gun ownership-
The gun didn’t kill my boy. I did. Every round in the gun is your responsibility,' says Clayton Brumby"

Oh well, that's okay then.

Pacman1903
09-07-2016, 03:07 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/father-accidental-gun-death-high-noon-kills-son-at-sarasota-florida-firing-range-still-control-gun-a7120336.html

"Father accidentally kills son at a Florida firing range but still defends gun ownership-
The gun didn’t kill my boy. I did. Every round in the gun is your responsibility,' says Clayton Brumby"

Oh well, that's okay then.

As long it wasnt the gun mate

Barnared
09-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Ah okay, I thought they arrested others in a car chase but that was early on , must have been nothing to do with it.

I think that is also right but they are saying the ex-army guy was the "lone gunman"

Jupiter
09-07-2016, 05:29 PM
The theory that having a black president would improve race relations has turned out to be rubbish. Things have actually got worse since Barry became president.

Barnared
17-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Another "lone gunman" kills at least 3 cops in Louisiana.

OhioRed
17-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Just a question

I live there currently, in Ohio in case you couldn't guess. Another shooting today in Indiana which is the next state west from Ohio. 6 cops shot, 3 dead. Surprisingly perhaps, police here shoot a helluva lot more white people than black people. I saw figures for this the other day but can't find them offhand. It broke the figures down by race. They shoot a few Hispanics too and the occasional Asian. But adding all the non white races together they aren't close to the number of white people shot by police. This year I mean. Studies 2000-2015 show a much larger number of whites every year than blacks etc. I understand they are upset, but it's the mind set of some black people here. They believe that they are somehow victims, when in fact they're just people like everyone else.

OhioRed
17-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Reading this thread has been like traveling back in time. Much of what is being said is the way I used to think. The sad truth here is if you banned gun sales, there are already a lot more guns than people here. Taking people's guns away is not a realistic possibility. There is no central register for guns. No individual state registers either. So getting people's guns would be pretty much impossible. Especially when you consider that you can buy a gun from an individual, and the only people who know the transaction occurred are the seller and the buyer. People can and do advertise their guns for sale in private party sales. There is no way to trace who bought them. The seller is not obligated to keep any records. He is only supposed to see that the person has a driving licence for the state the transaction took place in.

ragnarok
18-07-2016, 03:33 AM
Reading this thread has been like traveling back in time. Much of what is being said is the way I used to think. The sad truth here is if you banned gun sales, there are already a lot more guns than people here. Taking people's guns away is not a realistic possibility. There is no central register for guns. No individual state registers either. So getting people's guns would be pretty much impossible. Especially when you consider that you can buy a gun from an individual, and the only people who know the transaction occurred are the seller and the buyer. People can and do advertise their guns for sale in private party sales. There is no way to trace who bought them. The seller is not obligated to keep any records. He is only supposed to see that the person has a driving licence for the state the transaction took place in.

The gun control debate is a massive distraction and it comes from the mindset that there is a 'magic button' solution to any problem. The quantity of firearms and the lack of gun control is only part of the problem. As you point out, States could try to introduce stricter license laws, a gun register etc but you have to be realistic about the aims. Greater controls might stop the odd nutter from easy access to firearms and might prevent some shootings but will it do so to any appreciable degree? It's hard to say because there may be any number of latent nutjobs out there capable of a mass shooting who never act out. Mass shootings do not yield easy statistics that can be distilled down to simple cause and effect. The only constant (other than mental ill health) is that guns are involved. If the government wants to go down the route of eliminating guns to eliminate gun crime then I don't think half measures are going to do the trick. Of course, the stricter any proposed controls the more resistance there will be among the armed populace.

Barnared
18-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Aye, they could do anything but will do nothing.

Barnared
18-07-2016, 08:15 AM

Do you own a gun?

Barnared
18-07-2016, 08:21 AM
I live there currently, in Ohio in case you couldn't guess. Another shooting today in Indiana which is the next state west from Ohio. 6 cops shot, 3 dead. Surprisingly perhaps, police here shoot a helluva lot more white people than black people. I saw figures for this the other day but can't find them offhand. It broke the figures down by race. They shoot a few Hispanics too and the occasional Asian. But adding all the non white races together they aren't close to the number of white people shot by police. This year I mean. Studies 2000-2015 show a much larger number of whites every year than blacks etc. I understand they are upset, but it's the mind set of some black people here. They believe that they are somehow victims, when in fact they're just people like everyone else.

I know it's a big place. You mean Louisianna right?

Barnared
21-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Another phukin idiot yank cop (it appears). Cause it's the cop not the gun, eh?

http://youtu.be/eqBAOX6Qegk
The actual shooting part has been removed and police haven't released it yet.