PDA

View Full Version : Mass killing in France

Barnared
15-07-2016, 12:34 AM
Came home, after a good night, to this.

What the phuk is going on?

At least 75 people killed by a maniac in a lorry in Nice. When is it gonna stop?

Rochead
15-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Came home, after a good night, to this.

What the phuk is going on?

At least 75 people killed by a maniac in a lorry in Nice. When is it gonna stop?

That is the questions we were discussing in the car as we headed home last night, when and how can it be stopped, people being murdered all over the world for what?

Heartfelt sympathy to all affected.

Aldo1983
15-07-2016, 09:11 AM
You wonder how much left they can take before imploding themselves.

Pacman1903
15-07-2016, 11:29 AM
You wonder how much left they can take before imploding themselves.

Has anyone taken responsibility

InversneckieDob
15-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Has anyone taken responsibility

Sounds like a lone nutter, fae what I've heard/read.

Barnared
15-07-2016, 11:59 AM
At least 84 dead, 18 critical, dozens more badly affected injured.

"The lone nutter" seems to be the correct assumption. This is a very worrying trend. How the hell do you prevent this?

Barnared
15-07-2016, 12:10 PM
The abomination of a human being deliberately swerved and aimed at a children's carousel area. There are many child victims.

He apparently had 3 kids of his own.

sonnetti
15-07-2016, 01:07 PM
At least 84 dead, 18 critical, dozens more badly affected injured.

"The lone nutter" seems to be the correct assumption. This is a very worrying trend. How the hell do you prevent this?

he must of got the arms etc from somewhere which suggests part of a wider group ?

Barnared
15-07-2016, 01:53 PM
he must of got the arms etc from somewhere which suggests part of a wider group ?

What arms were those?

gervaise_brookhampst
15-07-2016, 02:53 PM
According to various news outlets there was at least one weapon in the cab.

" the so far unnamed man exchanged fire with officers using a 7.65 pistol, before being shot dead."

" Weapons were found in the cab after police shot the driver dead. "

Barnared
15-07-2016, 04:18 PM
I understood he had a pistol and some other 'fake' weapons. I also thought that he was said to have no known links to any groups and no groups have claimed direct or indirect responsibility. I'm sure more will emerge in the coming days.

Pacman1903
15-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Isis will claim it as they always do

Jupiter
15-07-2016, 05:41 PM
The sensible thing would be to stop muslim immigration into Europe, but instead we have numpties like mad Mrs Merkel inviting them all in.

Amazingless
15-07-2016, 05:54 PM
What an utterly revolting thing to do. You'd surely need to be sub-human scum to think that this was okay or in any way whatsoever justifiable. These are the actions of the terminally diseased.

peter_ssb
16-07-2016, 07:57 AM
The sensible thing would be to stop muslim immigration into Europe, but instead we have numpties like mad Mrs Merkel inviting them all in.

Wont work, what you are saying is ban the innocent, for the actions of a guilty

A - this is exactly what the terrorists want create a war against Islam
B - A terrorist will find a way regardless
C - this guy was a French Tunisian, therefore not an immigrant. there are millions of similar in France already. Stopping innocent muslims wont stop the terrorist already here
D - Were all catholic banned from the UK because of the actions of the IRA- eg Harrods, which is similar to some of these attacks, bombing women and children shopping

For me, we need to be far more aggressive with them, these **** want war, give it to them, get into Siria and Iraq and wipe them all out . A dead terrorist cant kill anyone. My only worry would be, we could create a recruitment drive and more hate against the west and give them exactly what theywant,and excuse for 1,000,000 more recruits to fight back.

But we must stop fannying around and get stuck in

Brian Grantland
21-07-2016, 09:51 PM

french authorities arrested 5 people who were involved in planning and supporting this attack

so not a lone wolf

Jupiter
22-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Here we go again, muslim nutters shooting people in Munich.

Barnared
22-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Here we go again, muslim nutters shooting people in Munich.
Aye, just reading about that. Several deaths and now a second incident of shooting about 3 miles from that first shooting....This is looking quite bad.

Jupiter
22-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Mad Mrs Merkel should never have let all those muslims in.

Jupiter
22-07-2016, 06:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn_MmQoXYAE2bDn.jpg:large

Barnared
22-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Yup, you said

Mad Mrs Merkel should never have let all those muslims in.

mondo_notion
22-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Just seen the video of the boy shooting outside mcdonalds. Not the best quality but he doesn't look like your average IS related shooter. Could be more of a domestic issue.

GlezgaRed
22-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Just seen the video of the boy shooting outside mcdonalds. Not the best quality but he doesn't look like your average IS related shooter. Could be more of a domestic issue.

Yep, the boy looks like a whitey....far right nutters ?

Brian Grantland
22-07-2016, 07:13 PM
Yep, the boy looks like a whitey....far right nutters ?

He'll be a muslim like Anders Breivik.

Has to be don't you know

mondo_notion
22-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Just checked and that Anders Breivik attack happened exactly 5 years ago to the day.

Barnared
22-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Seemed weird why someone would have been filming him just before he started shooting.

mondo_notion
22-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Seemed weird why someone would have been filming him just before he started shooting.

I think there must have been a disturbance or shooting before the guy started filming. Looks like that shooter is waiting outside to get the people running out. Notice the way the guy walks? Seems to have a strange limp or something.

Aldo1983
22-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Has to be don't you know

We need to stop white Muslims coming into the country then.

EuroMeister
22-07-2016, 08:08 PM
I try and avoid this topics as to be honest others things feel more strongly about i.e. Pittodrie move.

Football forums tend not to be venues for this type of chat IMO.

Just to ask - What makes anyone so sure these events in Munich are anything to do with an 'incomer'? What makes anyone on here so sure these events in Munich are the actions of someone of muslim 'faith'?

What makes you so sure this is all Angela Merkels fault and its all to do with immigration?

You are not sure are you?? - you are jumping to judgemental conclusions because basically SOME of you are thick and have racist views.

Barnared
22-07-2016, 08:10 PM
I think there must have been a disturbance or shooting before the guy started filming. Looks like that shooter is waiting outside to get the people running out. Notice the way the guy walks? Seems to have a strange limp or something.

It's phukin Kaiser Soze.

seriously though, it seemed that folk were actively going towards him as he was being filmed.

mondo_notion
22-07-2016, 08:16 PM
It's phukin Kaiser Soze.

*allegedly, we can't go jumping to conclusions.

Barnared
22-07-2016, 08:18 PM
I try and avoid this topics as to be honest others things feel more strongly about i.e. Pittodrie move.

Football forums tend not to be venues for this type of chat IMO.

Just to ask - What makes anyone so sure these events in Munich are anything to do with an 'incomer'? What makes anyone on here so sure these events in Munich are the actions of someone of muslim 'faith'?

What makes you so sure this is all Angela Merkels fault and its all to do with immigration?

You are not sure are you?? - you are jumping to judgemental conclusions because basically SOME of you are thick and have racist views.
Try harder

Barnared
22-07-2016, 09:06 PM
*allegedly, we can't go jumping to conclusions.

Seen again on tv and it doesn't, as I first thought, seem like people are moving to him. Another video appears to show a "german" on a roof loading a gun.

Aldo1983
23-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Has to be don't you know

So appears you were spot on with both.

EintrachtFrankfurt
23-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Appears he lured his victims to McDonalds with the promise of free food. Btw 3 of his victims were Turks and another 3 were Kosovars. The killer is an German-Iranian who seems to have had a problem with Turks.

Pacman1903
26-07-2016, 09:10 PM
And another Islamist religious killing

A priest gets his throat slashed by two muslims in a church in Normandy. Hostages taken too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-knife-attack-hostages-latest-updates-church-hostages-knives-normandy-a7156151.html

The_Verninator
27-07-2016, 07:22 AM
And another Islamist religious killing

A priest gets his throat slashed by two muslims in a church in Normandy. Hostages taken too.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-knife-attack-hostages-latest-updates-church-hostages-knives-normandy-a7156151.html

It will be very interesting to see how the general public react to all this - the usual rhetoric from the government cannot hide the fact they cannot stop this from happening - already the French President has been booed - the intelligence agencies will now be under even more intense pressure to combat this threat.

actonsheep
27-07-2016, 10:32 AM
It will be very interesting to see how the general public react to all this - the usual rhetoric from the government cannot hide the fact they cannot stop this from happening - already the French President has been booed - the intelligence agencies will now be under even more intense pressure to combat this threat.

I'm not sure there'll be a public reaction, beyond the initial shock of each individual event. Its not as if terrorism is a new thing for Europe, despite all the recent indicidents there is still some way to go before we're near the yearly level of attacks or deaths that Europe has seen from its own neo-nazis, seperatist movements or earlier islamic groups, and the public has generally dealt with it ok. Where I think there will be a problem is you'll end up with European UKIPs (Le Pen etc), gaining huge traction from each incident. Fear of immigrants has already driven the UK out of Europe, will it happen somewhere else too?

sancho_panza
28-07-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure there'll be a public reaction, beyond the initial shock of each individual event. Its not as if terrorism is a new thing for Europe, despite all the recent indicidents there is still some way to go before we're near the yearly level of attacks or deaths that Europe has seen from its own neo-nazis, seperatist movements or earlier islamic groups, and the public has generally dealt with it ok. Where I think there will be a problem is you'll end up with European UKIPs (Le Pen etc), gaining huge traction from each incident. Fear of immigrants has already driven the UK out of Europe, will it happen somewhere else too?

There is a difference with Le Pen/Wilders and UKIP in my opinion. UKIP are a Eurosceptic party who play at anti-immigrant/Muslim politics for the sake of winning votes; the FN and PVV are anti-immigrant parties (specifically anti-Muslim parties) who play at Euroscepticism to win votes. They might take France/the Netherlands out of the EU, but that's not their first instinct.

And that actually makes it even worse than UKIP. We have radical Islam encouraging people to murder anyone that isn't a Muslim (or a Sunni more specifically) and xenophobic movements telling people to view all Muslims as some kind of subhuman threat to our way of life. The voice of the centre is becoming weaker every day as people lurch toward one form of identity politics or another.

donsdaft
29-07-2016, 01:19 PM
It's only a few years ago that Sunni Muslims were the goodies.

We are at war with Eastasia........

Chestnut Tree Cafe here I come.

supersamba
31-07-2016, 08:15 AM

let's not forget the nutters just across the water, I believe they (both sides) were responsible for killing a fair few during what was quaintly called "the troubles".