PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Whitehead

jvmiller
18-07-2016, 11:37 AM
He didn't turn up last week to sign and the Millers are still waiting.

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/dean-whitehead-expected-to-make-decision-on-rotherham-move-soon/

millertop
18-07-2016, 11:42 AM
If that's the he case then why are we bothering with him?

mellowmiller
18-07-2016, 03:06 PM
So have we now become so desperate that we are waiting for a 34 year old who couldn't even be bothered to turn up?
This is beginning to have echoes of the disastrous Redfearn era!
Can't we just quietly get on with our business without telling the world and his wife what we are doing?

Brin
18-07-2016, 04:34 PM
So have we now become so desperate that we are waiting for a 34 year old who couldn't even be bothered to turn up?
This is beginning to have echoes of the disastrous Redfearn era!
Can't we just quietly get on with our business without telling the world and his wife what we are doing?

Totally agree..... whoever is leaking these press statements please put a zip o'er your gob and only announce something when it's signed and sealed .....thank you!

gwru
18-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Brin thought you was going to say waiting well its pension day monday!

gwru
18-07-2016, 04:53 PM
What about McGugan Weds. We've got Halford, Smallwood holding midfield, need a more attaching midfielder.

frogmiller
18-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Last seen at Don Valley

rileyev.the.third
18-07-2016, 06:03 PM
That is poor form if right.

I'd end our interest even though I think he could be a decent signing for a year.

millavanilla
19-07-2016, 03:39 AM
Because of his age, he may have been offered peanuts, who knows...so he'll be waiting for another better offer from another club..and if he doesnt get a better offer, he'll come back for the peanuts...and if hes told hes no longer wanted, all as hes lost..is.....peanuts..

vespabri
19-07-2016, 07:06 AM
I double manned a shift to Scotland last night with a big Huddersfield fan last and asked about Dean Whitehead..
'Great player was head and shoulders above the rest of the team until he was injured around Christmas..took a few games to get back into his stride but once fit he was brilliant again, really composed on the ball..sits just infront of the defence..you can tell he's played in the premier league...intelligent footballer & no Huddersfield fan wants him to leave' ..that was my reply....that reasured me lads...no doudt some on here will slag him before he kicks a ball.

millertop
19-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Yes he sounds alright I've never said he didn't but He didn't turn up last week apparently so that's why I'm "slagging"him off

caytonmiller
19-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Don't think this was ever going to happen. No disrespect to us but why would a player who was (as poster above mentioned ) head and shoulders above rest of udders midfield . Why move to us. ?? He has at least one year left there which makes him 35. We're we offering 2 year deal?

millertop
19-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Hhddersfield now want to keep him so unless we offer him games can't see him coming here.

deciding today on what he wants apparently

millertop
19-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Also he starts the season with a 3 match ban

rolymiller
19-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Forget him:Huddersfield Town FC ‏@examinerhtafc 2m2 minutes ago
Whitehead: I’ve spoken to the boss, I like the way he plays. I’m enjoying it and I want to stay here and fight for my place #htafc

Whitehead on his future: 'I am going to stay at Huddersfield and fight for my place. I want to be here.' #htafc #rufc

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/100937/dean-whitehead#ixzz4ErUZGOvh

millertop
19-07-2016, 01:41 PM
staying at Huddersfield.

own the **** up, who's cursed us ?

loyalmiller
19-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Stuff him. I didn't want him anyway, good player but a bad attitude.

Not turning up for the appointment is akin to not going for a job interview because he didn't want the job.

We'd have only been a steppingstone for him whilst a better job came along.

PeteWaller
19-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Pleased about this