PDA

View Full Version : Owls make Lewis McGugan available for transfer

millers88
25-07-2016, 04:25 PM
I think we should go in for a cheeky offer, quality midfield player who likes to play behind the striker but can play anywhere in midfield, would love that kind of quality in our team, he wouldn't have to relocate either so it might be a move that suits all parties.

Monkey46
25-07-2016, 04:28 PM
I agree 88, why not.

mellowmiller
25-07-2016, 04:39 PM
I'd sign him in a heartbeat but I expect bigger clubs than us will be interested because he's a quality player.

PeteWaller
25-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Trouble is we have too many MFs already. Would have him for sure but out of our league I think.

Still, it would show real intent by TS and AS

Timbertop
25-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Attitude problem ? Not for me. I want players who'll put some effort in.

mellowmiller
25-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Who says he's got an attitude problem?
Every time I've seen him play he's covered loads of ground including tackling back to help his teammates out.
That seems to be quite a good attitude to me.

Brin
25-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Trouble is we have too many MFs already. Would have him for sure but out of our league I think.

Still, it would show real intent by TS and AS

Totally agree....we're now too over landed in midfield.... Let's say we sign him what's that saying to the rest of the midfield players we've just brought in? Frecks or Smsllwood how would they feel? This would cause too much unrest and unbalance ....

Quality player? Weds don't think so...

Casper64Frank
25-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Quality player yes. One that's probably on 20K plus a week.
He has two years left on his contract so if they can't sell him he will go out on loan or he may decide to go back to Forest.
We need two striker's not another midfielder.

millers88
25-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Well Wednesday fans seem to think hes a quality player, its only because of Forristeri is to why hes not playing in their first team because there very similar players but Forristeri happens to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the division.

Back of the net
25-07-2016, 07:58 PM
So why are we going for grant ward if we need strikers ?

millers88
25-07-2016, 08:04 PM
I think we still need players in a few areas, 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 attack midfielder, 1 right back and 1 centre back at least.

CAMiller
25-07-2016, 09:00 PM
I think we still need players in a few areas, 2 strikers, 1 winger, 1 attack midfielder, 1 right back and 1 centre back at least.

Can we call you Son of Gwru ;D

Brin
25-07-2016, 09:27 PM

Wing player which can be cover for either wing…..McGugan ain't a winger….we know Grant and what he can deliver off the flanks...

Casper64Frank
25-07-2016, 10:27 PM

We are also looking at four strikers, hopefully we can bring two in before the end of August.
If it was a choice between Grant Ward & Lewis McGugan I would choose Ward.
I would be amazed if TS smashed the wage structure to get McGugan even if it was on loan.
If we get Ward then well done to the club, if we don`t then our current midfield are more than capable.
As stated above we need recruitment in other positions but we have to admit we are very lightweight up front at the moment.

gwru
26-07-2016, 04:22 AM
Grant Ward everytime, not McGugan. It didn't go without notice sat' G Ward's absence.

We all know we need 2 forwards. Gregory & Armstrong to names I like. But Gregory one final offer of a million, take it or leave it. Nobody else wants him, times running out for Millwall.

Defence is abit of a worry. Broadfoot is immense. Mattock was injured end of last season, injured straight away this season. Unless we can get Belaid fit no cover there. Need some pace at Right & Centre back. Sunderland weren't playing at full pace sat' but we got pulled apart abit.

JohnLeedsMiller
26-07-2016, 06:57 AM
I agree 88, why not.

Wages