PDA

View Full Version : Yas

57vintage
25-07-2016, 08:50 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2016/jul/25/the-stroop-test-how-colourful-is-your-language?CMP=fb_gu

Pacman1903
25-07-2016, 09:06 PM
I actually want to change my name by deedpole to Stroop. What a great name

57vintage
25-07-2016, 09:17 PM
When I was a loon, oor driver/roadie wis nicknamed Stroop, and he exercised it well. :)

"I'm awa to teem the stroop" was considered a polite alternative in company to "I'll hae to go and hae a p1sh" in Keith.

57vintage
13-03-2022, 07:43 PM
I think that despite having paid hush money to the quine, that The Stroop Trial of the Duke of Nonce should be pursued.

NaeMairNeeps
21-03-2022, 08:53 AM
A good friend and oft-times muso colleague of mine, surname - Pullar, has a father who's name is 'Willie' ... never met the man, and dinna think Ah could even if offered an' introduction. F**k ... the big risk o' gettin tae know such a guy would be the prospect o' attendin' his funeral an' keepin a fkn sombre demeanour :D

"We are gathered here today to pay our respects and remember Willie Pullar. An upstanding member of our community who stood up for his neighbour hood watch and was loyal to the bone in the face of stiff resistance. A semenly placid man-who'd defy critics, having the balls and sheer spunk in his thrust to force-kin and turn friends on towards his vision to get to grips with issues semenly too hard for others to get their head around.... etc" :D