PDA

View Full Version : Deluded opinions on Yates

kempo
01-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Seem rife on this message board.

I write this with respect for Jerry as its not his fault that supporters are deluded.

I find it incredible that people think he may be our saviour.

What exactly has the lad achieved for people to form an opinion that he will make a Championship striker?

Someone says Stubbs knows better than me.......Maybe the answer is that playing Yates illustrates how we are finding it impossible to compete at this level more than whether Stubbs know more than me.

It's ridiculous and stupid what supporters are writing on here about Jerry...Most have never even set eyes on him.

When you do then the first surprise will be how light weight he is and your hopes will begin to fade.

He hasn't even played 90 minutes of league football has he?

Good luck to Jerry in his career but this will not be the year he sets the Championship alight.

I bet the latest proposed signing is making you dance in the street...did we break the million barrier?

Grant Ward going for less than 700K and we don't buy him!...That tells you all you need to know

Chris-m
01-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I share your anger about grant ward

Yes no one has seen him play at championship level and putting him up as a savour when he has not played championship football is silly.. But on the flip side writeing him off like you have done without giving him a chance is retarded

shshsh22
01-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately he"s unlikely to be another Vardy,and even if he was,the fact is we have no one supplying the ammo.So with that in mind,i recommend signing Gboly Ariyibi,a player we were supposedly interested in,and a good investment.

hillsboroughmiller
01-08-2016, 01:24 PM
grant ward has gone to ipswich cos it closer to home than us there is always more than the money involved

move to rotherham or an hr commute to ipswich

rolymiller
01-08-2016, 01:31 PM
With regard to Yates I dont think its fair on the lad. When we cant get any goals from our forwards the boo boys will be out in force. 19 year old, what will that do for his confidence. Not against giving him a run now and again but hes a young lad that ghradually needs to be introduced to the first team not tossed to the lions. Danny Ward needs to step up to the mark this season that means time on the pitch and goals in the onion bag for him.

mikemiller
01-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Agree about Danny Ward... and if he gets injured (as he often does), we'll only have Yates left to play up front

mexicomiller
01-08-2016, 01:48 PM
good luck to JY. Hopefully he will do well and earn a move to a more ambitious club like Burton.

PokerMillersSwinton
01-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Not sure how anybody can make a opinion on him seen as he has never played 90 mins in the championship. Again our players get shot down buy fifa managers on here again. Give him 5 or 6 games he has pace he can finish . And we have nobody else he needs a ll the boost of confidence he can get .

millertop
01-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Jerry Jerry Jerry

I've always been behind him.

He might come up against it in some games like any other striker but there's definitely a good player in there who needs games.

needs the encouragement not laughed at.

gwru
01-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Kempo hasn't seen Yates play but he's got an opinion about him. We all know G Ward would have been a steal at £700,000 but very much doubt he would have signed for us.

Agree with Kempo & I have seen him play. Yates to come off the bench, don't want to ruin his confidence by rushing him into the 1st 11. Need 1 striker min' sat, proven with some height & presence. Not a past it, journeyman player.

Chris-m
01-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Kempo hasn't seen Yates play but he's got an opinion about him. We all know G Ward would have been a steal at £700,000 but very much doubt he would have signed for us.

Agree with Kempo & I have seen him play. Yates to come off the bench, don't want to ruin his confidence by rushing him into the 1st 11. Need 1 striker min' sat, proven with some height & presence. Not a past it, journeyman player.

Agree 100% have Yates come on at 60 mins give him some time but not a full game that way if we are losing he can say stubs I told you I'm better than him and not ruin his confidence

monty_rhodes
01-08-2016, 05:18 PM

Your G Ward comment is wrong. I posted regarding this but it was deleted as presumably my implied criticism of the light bulb king in this affair is unacceptable to MM mods.