PDA

View Full Version : Jon Taylor

millertop
02-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Winger seen at NYS this morning, now he must be worth signing from Peterborough (Frecks/Newell)

mellowmiller
02-08-2016, 11:07 AM
Hope so. He's 24 and averages a goal every 5 games which is pretty good for a winger.
Still wish we'd get some news about a couple of strikers though.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM
It sounds like we're trying to sort a medical for him so it sounds promising.

rolymiller
02-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Seems more like a forward than a winger to me. Certainly all action and knows where the onion bag is. see vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2aW1N0gcCI

Dare i say a more finished article than g ward. But dont get yer hopes up lads still time for a co ck up

Chris-m
02-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Seems more like a forward than a winger to me. Certainly all action and knows where the onion bag is. see vid

Dare i say a more finished article than g ward. But dont get yer hopes up lads still time for a co ck up

Lol

millertop
02-08-2016, 11:37 AM

Like watching Newell the 2nd

flourbasher
02-08-2016, 11:44 AM
Perhaps it would have been better to keep this one quiet

Chris-m
02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Most of them goals were due to crap goalkeeping however 4 of them were fantastic and he has got pace If I was Stubbs I'd sign him but I'd want him signed today so I could get him into training.

Defferntly a good winger love that footwork in that corner needs to work on his shots tho half the goals in that video would be saved by goalies like campy Westwood Rudd Carson and others I can't remember. But he is defferntly a difernce maker

caytonmiller
02-08-2016, 12:41 PM
the club will get the blame if we dont get the signing.

mikemiller
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Nowt on RUFC Official Twitter yet

millertop
02-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Nowt on RUFC Official Twitter yet
Suppose to be a deal done last night/this morning with a player so that's worrying we haven't heard anything.

They were trying to get a medical for Taylor when he was at club this morning (Amanda) so can see why we haven't heard on that one yet.

Chris-m
02-08-2016, 01:29 PM
At the moment there is more information coming from a chicking nugget than RUFC

Don't know if that's good or bad

millertop
02-08-2016, 01:32 PM
At the moment there is more information coming from a chicking nugget than RUFC

Don't know if that's good or bad

Are you calling me a chicken nugget? ;D

millers88
02-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Now this would be a good signing if we pull it off but ill believe it when i see it.

FrickleyAway
02-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Looks decent, finishes with both feet and got pace

Still think we need a big lad up front tho

Maybe someone like Lukas jutkeiwicz would be worth a look? Not prolific but a big lad who can cause problems like Revs did

wont get a look in at Burnley this season

hotun
02-08-2016, 07:01 PM
£600,000 being mentioned for Taylor.

gwru
02-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Is this real, not twitter banter. Want it to be. Along with Vaulks if its true in our terms major signings.

Dave78
03-08-2016, 07:17 AM
Signing today

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Signing today

Wish people would say how they know

millertop
03-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Wish people would say how they know

Eyes,ears and mouth ;)

djsld
03-08-2016, 07:52 AM
Should be signing today. Valued at a million but let go for less than half that according to fatty Fry, after asking to leave due to wanting Championship football.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-latest-taylor-set-to-complete-millers-move-gormley-may-leave-on-loan-1-7509006

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Should be signing today. Valued at a million but let go for less than half that according to fatty Fry, after asking to leave due to wanting Championship football.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/transfer-latest-taylor-set-to-complete-millers-move-gormley-may-leave-on-loan-1-7509006

Nice should give us some nice playing options

fc_miller
03-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Mixed reviews from ***** football...although I'm sure there is no bitterness ;)
http://tinyurl.com/ju339pq

millertop
03-08-2016, 10:28 AM
There was mixed reviews about Newell, it depends if he like the style we play and up to our staff get the best out of him.
he looks like Newell type of player so there's a plus for me

topcatRUFC
03-08-2016, 10:30 AM
just a quicky,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, is he our player yet,

HerbieCobbler
03-08-2016, 10:48 AM
More to the point, is he a Barnsley player yet?

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 11:30 AM
More to the point, is he a Barnsley player yet?

Haha

PokerMillersSwinton
03-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Fee around 500k. Transfer record if it gets done. Fry reckons hes worth nearer a million.

mikemiller
03-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Fee around 500k. Transfer record if it gets done. Fry reckons hes worth nearer a million.

Radio DeeDah has just announced that RUFC are in the process of completing this transfer, but all the paperwork hasn't been signed off yet (or words to that effect)

MILLERSTALE
03-08-2016, 01:31 PM

I keep telling our lass she's worth a million ! It dunt necessarily mean I believe it does it ? You just have to talk your best assets up ��

hotun
03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Bet she thinks whats he up to when you set off to match with Pledge and duster.

millertop
03-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Bet she thinks whats he up to when you set off to match with Pledge and duster.

Probably thinks it's for the bald bloke in front (me) ;D

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 03:50 PM
What's the latest on this signing, anyone know?

djsld
03-08-2016, 03:57 PM
Straight from the horses mouth!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=RDhtobTBlCvUU&params=OALAAQE%253D&v=htobTBlCvUU

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 03:58 PM
Nice one

dantpen
03-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Peterborough gaffer talking about the move to local BBC radio.

https://twitter.com/BBCCambsSport/status/760866516267048960

millertop
03-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Get in!!!! He's here :D

3 year deal
We broke our transfer record :O

www.rufc.co/2aQiZfc

Archiemiller
03-08-2016, 04:24 PM
What's the latest on this signing, anyone know?

3yr deal 500k welcome Jon Taylor. U.T.F.M.

gwru
03-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Happy with that. Just need that striker to hit for sat'

Jon Taylor looks like a winger come goalscorer. Welcome indeed.

Back of the net
03-08-2016, 04:37 PM
The squad is starting to look better now. Is the panic over ?

dantpen
03-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Clip from Twitter of his day today.

How many scousers do we have now?

https://twitter.com/SEG_Football/status/760872863947776000

hotun
03-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Is the panic over ? Ask kempo

mikemiller
03-08-2016, 05:37 PM
Tony Stewart has just been on Radio DeeDah - following completion of the Jon Taylor transfer, RUFC is intending to bring in several more players, and it is possible that our transfer fee record will be broken again before the deadline

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 05:41 PM
A great signing. Now then are we all happy or getting happy.

Starting to think we might get a mid table finish or thereabouts. Course, a few on here never doubted our saviour ;D

Just listened to his interview - Looking forward to "playing football, not long ball, exciting the fans and winning games. I play for the shirt"

He very excited to be with us.

Brilliant news this

millertop
03-08-2016, 05:45 PM
He's in my good books already

@OfficialRUFC

mellowmiller
03-08-2016, 06:06 PM
As someone who was labelled a "moaning minnie" because I expressed concern about our disappointing recruitment efforts in pre season, I think it's only fair that I should say I am now getting much more comfortable about the way our squad is shaping up.
If we can get a quality striker in I think we should be able to turn out a half decent side on Saturday.
I'm not quite a happy clapper yet but I'm working on it! ��
WAMAW?

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 06:11 PM
As someone who was labelled a "moaning minnie" because I expressed concern about our disappointing recruitment efforts in pre season, I think it's only fair that I should say I am now getting much more comfortable about the way our squad is shaping up.
If we can get a quality striker in I think we should be able to turn out a half decent side on Saturday.
I'm not quite a happy clapper yet but I'm working on it! ��
WAMAW?

There are moaners and then there are moaners. You were only a slight moaner, based on your genuine concerns. Hope you are feeling more positive now. Good to see you now have the potential for being a happy clapper. Welcome to the positive edition of MM…………………… Just joking.

mellowmiller
03-08-2016, 06:20 PM
My comments were seen as negative by some Pete but they were borne out of frustration that we kept telling the world who our principal targets were and then inevitably losing out on them.
I still think we have left our recruitment a bit late and the team will have to gel quickly but it looks like we have made some quality additions to the squad so I'm a lot more optimistic than I was.
I desperately want us to get off to a good start and it will be important that we are difficult to beat at NYS.
My son on law is a Wolves season ticket holder so it is essential we beat them so I can have a bit of fun on Saturday night.

Back of the net
03-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Your loyal mellow nothing wrong with concern pal.

From what I saw your comments were objective I didn't agree with all of em but that's why we're on here aren't we?

After Saturday you'll be a happy clapper with rest of us well apart from a few who probably won't be happy with the colour of the grass.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

UTM

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
03-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Wasn't worried myself a lot of our early signings in recent times haven't worked out too well for one reason or another. And I can guarantee that some clubs in this league will have wasted their budget again.

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Your loyal mellow nothing wrong with concern pal.

From what I saw your comments were objective I didn't agree with all of em but that's why we're on here aren't we?

After Saturday you'll be a happy clapper with rest of us well apart from a few who probably won't be happy with the colour of the grass.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday.

UTM
Agree with BOTN…………………. And I think you might have your striker in over the weekend ;D

dansk
03-08-2016, 06:41 PM
We're going to win the league.... I'm going for a 3-0 home win on Saturday with 2 goals from Zlatans replacement in Swedish national team. ;D

Anderson Council
03-08-2016, 07:22 PM
There appears to be a pattern emerging regarding Stubbs targets and signings. Experienced central defenders and young, intellegent midfield players, who think and play at pace.

Will be very interesting if the loan player and Swedish international are signed. Taylor looks like he wants to run at people and, whilst his goals came predominately in League 1, he scored twice against West Brom. 1 goal in 5 games for a winger is good going and he is certainly making the right noises.

It may take some time to gel but I am starting to get a bit more exited as we get nearer to Saturday. I must admit that I have no idea who will start in midfield but the bench is beginning to look a bit healthier.

sawmiller
03-08-2016, 07:59 PM
I was concerned a short while ago, but the recent additions and perhaps one or two more of similar quality will give us that depth and quality that will stand us in decent stead for an even harder league than last year - much to look forward to methinks, and hope we can pull of a more results against the odds this year...

welovebooth
03-08-2016, 08:08 PM
This lad must be brilliant.

He is obviously seen as value for money.

$500k for him yet $650 for Bradshaw was to much.

Monkey46
03-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Bradshaws history, lets get over it fellas. UTM!!!;D

millertop
03-08-2016, 08:51 PM
I've just listened to Taylor on millersplayer, he wanted to be here and can't wait to get started, confident player who wants to play and be a winner.

Like him even more than my in my last post I mentioned him ;)

He looks like he wants it so let's hope he can deliver it.

COME ON YOU RED!!!!

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 09:01 PM
I agree nice determined player who knows when get on with it love the attitude he's gonna be a fan favoret I'm sure

PeteWaller
03-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Wo mi lads, ya shudda seen us cumin

COYR

rileyev.the.third
03-08-2016, 10:17 PM
TS puffed on a big Columbian and said.....

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Happy as Larry with this signing.

Thanks "Big Tone"

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Love how Tony shrugged off the lot of money question on radio as if to say is it? It's loose change to me mate. But even if I'm rich I still won't pay for a over priced player

millmoormagic
03-08-2016, 10:31 PM
My comments were seen as negative by some Pete but they were borne out of frustration that we kept telling the world who our principal targets were and then inevitably losing out on them.
I still think we have left our recruitment a bit late and the team will have to gel quickly but it looks like we have made some quality additions to the squad so I'm a lot more optimistic than I was.
I desperately want us to get off to a good start and it will be important that we are difficult to beat at NYS.
My son on law is a Wolves season ticket holder so it is essential we beat them so I can have a bit of fun on Saturday night.

The thing is you havent started any threads regarding any negativity, unlike a few, who have now gone quiet until we lose our first game, that's how they roll, pretty sad but there you go. Lets face facts, we're never going to be Real Madrid, but lets just be REAL, and accept what we are and where we are.

pip_y
03-08-2016, 10:40 PM
The thing is you havent started any threads regarding any negativity, unlike a few, who have now gone quiet until we lose our first game, that's how they roll, pretty sad but there you go. Lets face facts, we're never going to be Real Madrid, but lets just be REAL, and accept what we are and where we are.
Well said MM

Chris-m
03-08-2016, 10:44 PM

Of course not we are in England not Spain lol
Seriously tho we have to aim high to make progress if you think small you will stay small that being said you also need small goals to build on to reach major targets
1 make it to league 1
2 make it to championship
3 build the clubs youth academy + keep in championship
4 build training ground and make progress in championship
5 upgrade stadium and get in top 10
6 make it to play offs
End goal premiership money

This is just an example but it wouldn't surprise me if it was on back of Tony's diary

mikemiller
03-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Sounds fine to me! Bradford C,. Barnsley, Swindon, Watford, Blackpool, Charlton, Hull. Swansea, Cardiff, Wimbledon (except for the bit about the ground), all managed it...

pip_y
03-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Sounds fine to me! Bradford C,. Barnsley, Swindon, Watford, Blackpool, Charlton, Hull. Swansea, Cardiff, Wimbledon (except for the bit about the ground), all managed it...
Don't forget Bournemouth, they had points deduction the same year we did. The ground only holds 12k yet they held their own last season. I blame it on that Russian investor lol

millmoormagic
03-08-2016, 11:13 PM
That's the thing, we havent got that billionaire investor, but i'm sure TS has his plan and is sticking to it, at the end of the day, we turn up to cheer our team on, let's do that, and let the owner concentrate on planning ahead.

pip_y
03-08-2016, 11:21 PM
After sitting on a sleeper next to Derek Dalton at the Railway End I could never imagine a stadium like NYS. Also being told by my Aunties boss who was a shareholder in days of Eric Pursehouse that he would take me to Wembley if we ever got there. He was long dead when we did. How times have changed yet some still aren't happy. Yes there were some good times but also bad but now we are going in the upward direction yet again with sensible leadership, do we really want to end up like Darlington?

Back of the net
04-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Cracking point pip.

I think some on here either didn't go then or suffer from amnesia.

Chris-m
04-08-2016, 07:21 AM
That's the thing, we havent got that billionaire investor, but i'm sure TS has his plan and is sticking to it, at the end of the day, we turn up to cheer our team on, let's do that, and let the owner concentrate on planning ahead.

You never know Tony may increase his bank load lol

millertop
04-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Newell thought he was being pranked when Taylor phoned him up , I bet they are a right cheeky pair together XD