PDA

View Full Version : Someone's telling porkies,

stewarty27
09-08-2016, 02:58 PM
The UK government have sworn blind that the oil is running out and it's worthless. I know I've heard that many times and so have you. Stacks of bibles have been used in an effort to convince us, the people of Scotland that it's all gone and all that's left is the bad news....
..... So why would BP be chartering the largest, most expensive semi for work in Scottish waters just when oil is running out and worthless? Surely they must be stark staring mad....
Aren't they?
Take it from me they're not. The people in the UK government simply repeat that lie in the hope that you, a person living in Scotland will never understand how rich an independent Scotland actually is because they have a far better use for the revenue than you do.
Reality time for previous no voters;-
Do you think we on the yes side just dreamt all this stuff up? No. People actually put their livelihoods on the line to keep passing information about Clair Ridge and other massive oil fields via "Yes Shetland" and the Clyde estuary This isn't a game. This is a clear case of UK administrations trying to hide Scotland's awesome oil asset from the people of Scotland because they're worried that those people (you) might decide to declare Scotland independent thus losing them control over that asset.
It belongs to the people of Scotland, let's not be coy about it, if independent that oil and gas lies in our Scottish territorial waters and no one or nothing can take it away from us.

Cambusman
09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
The UK government have sworn blind that the oil is running out and it's worthless. I know I've heard that many times and so have you. Stacks of bibles have been used in an effort to convince us, the people of Scotland that it's all gone and all that's left is the bad news....
..... So why would BP be chartering the largest, most expensive semi for work in Scottish waters just when oil is running out and worthless? Surely they must be stark staring mad....
Aren't they?
Take it from me they're not. The people in the UK government simply repeat that lie in the hope that you, a person living in Scotland will never understand how rich an independent Scotland actually is because they have a far better use for the revenue than you do.
Do you think we on the yes side just dreamt all this stuff up? No. People actually put their livelihoods on the line to keep passing information about Clair Ridge and other massive oil fields via "Yes Shetland" and the Clyde estuary This isn't a game. This is a clear case of UK administrations trying to hide Scotland's awesome oil asset from the people of Scotland because they're worried that those people (you) might decide to declare Scotland independent thus losing them control over that asset.
It belongs to the people of Scotland, let's not be coy about it, if independent that oil and gas lies in our Scottish territorial waters and no one or nothing can take it away from us.

I thought a semi would be a disadvantage when drilling for oil.

Taintedice
09-08-2016, 05:05 PM
40 years of lies won't end now it's an english parliament, not a UK one.

Rangersmandownunder
09-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Aren't they?

First can you provide the links to the "Stacks of bibles", officials saying the oil is "worthless", don't bother with the running out bit as its a fact that oil is not a sustainable source. As far as I can recall there has always been other areas with oil but extracting it hasn't been viable, if it was that easy do you really believe BP wouldn't be pumping it out now? The Clyde estuary one is interesting, however if there were oil there they would have moved the marine base, wouldn't you agree?

These waters are British, they were British before the oil was found and in any case the SNP have made it perfectly clear that oil is not factored into to any financial planning, so why are you getting so upset about it?

JackSnakes
10-08-2016, 05:02 AM
First can you provide the links to the "Stacks of bibles", officials saying the oil is "worthless", don't bother with the running out bit as its a fact that oil is not a sustainable source. As far as I can recall there has always been other areas with oil but extracting it hasn't been viable, if it was that easy do you really believe BP wouldn't be pumping it out now? The Clyde estuary one is interesting, however if there were oil there they would have moved the marine base, wouldn't you agree?

These waters are British, they were British before the oil was found and in any case the SNP have made it perfectly clear that oil is not factored into to any financial planning, so why are you getting so upset about it?

Yeah, that's definitely the most important bit of the statement... :rolleyes:

Rangersmandownunder
10-08-2016, 07:27 AM
I have never read or heard anywhere anyone stating that the oil is "worthless", so I am simply asking a poster who continually bangs oan about lies and propaganda from "Britnats" to show a few examples of these "stacks".
You never miss one of my posts do you Jackie boy, ya moron. 😆

stewarty27
10-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Published in Oil Industry News on Monday, 15 September 2014

Scotland could be sitting on larger oil and gas reserves in the Scottish Firths than currently predicted, a new independent industry investigation has found.
The investigation was undertaken by oilandgaspeople.com, the world’s largest oil and gas industry jobs board, and independent North Sea oil and gas industry experts. The investigation included interviews with industry experts and collated seismic and expert evidence from a range of independent sources such as the British Geological Survey, DECC, oil and gas companies, the Institute of Petroleum Engineering and the Energy Institute.
The investigation shows that the geology of the majority of Scotland’s estuaries or Firths are oil and gas bearing.

In some instances, oil and gas exploration drills and licences by the oil majors were prevented and overturned by the Ministry of Defence, such as in the Firth of Clyde due to the Trident Submarine base despite the presence of oil bearing late Paloeozoic strata.

Taintedice
10-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Is rolf seriously asking why nigel won't move a nuclear submarine base away from the clyde, say to the thames. we need some new huns on here, the 2 left are thick as phukk.

Rangersmandownunder
10-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Published in Oil Industry News on Monday, 15 September 2014

Scotland could be sitting on larger oil and gas reserves in the Scottish Firths than currently predicted, a new independent industry investigation has found.
The investigation was undertaken by oilandgaspeople.com, the world’s largest oil and gas industry jobs board, and independent North Sea oil and gas industry experts. The investigation included interviews with industry experts and collated seismic and expert evidence from a range of independent sources such as the British Geological Survey, DECC, oil and gas companies, the Institute of Petroleum Engineering and the Energy Institute.
The investigation shows that the geology of the majority of Scotland’s estuaries or Firths are oil and gas bearing.

In some instances, oil and gas exploration drills and licences by the oil majors were prevented and overturned by the Ministry of Defence, such as in the Firth of Clyde due to the Trident Submarine base despite the presence of oil bearing late Paloeozoic strata.

No one has ever denied the chances of oil being found in these areas, but the difficulty and cost of extracting it regardless of Trident has always been known.

You said someone was telling porkies didn't you?

The report stated: “Current predictions of extensive untapped reserves of oil and gas could be underestimated by 100%. The West coast alone could provide oil and gas for at least 100 years with an estimated value of more than £1 trillion. “The investigation also found over the next 10 years upwards of one million barrels a day could be pumped from the Atlantic Margins if more than £1.5 billion is invested to extract it.”

The findings were also challenged by Professor Dorrik Stow head of the Institute of Petroleum Engineering at Heriot-Watt University, who oilandgaspeople.com quoted in the report to back up its claims. Prof Stow said: “It’s clutching at straws to suggest that sort of level and I’m surprised to be quoted in that context.”
A statement from Oil & Gas UK said: “What is finally recovered will depend entirely on how the industry and the governments both north and south of the Border work together.”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scottish-independence-1-trillion-oil-claim-1-3529183

The Trident base could be moved to the western isles or various areas along the British coastline, of the cost would be massive and the loss to the area on the Clyde would be catastrophic.

JackSnakes
10-08-2016, 11:48 AM
I have never read or heard anywhere anyone stating that the oil is "worthless", so I am simply asking a poster who continually bangs oan about lies and propaganda from "Britnats" to show a few examples of these "stacks".
You never miss one of my posts do you Jackie boy, ya moron. ��

I never miss anyone's posts you moron. I read them from the oldest to the newest, your ridiculous pish included...

billymorgan
10-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Why is a citizen of Australia so interested in going ons in scotland/uk ? You gave up that right when you plssed off to Oz. Just you comment on kangaroo breeding or Koala bear bating or whatever freaky activity you get up to DOON there,ye interfering wallaby humping **** :mad:

Rangersmandownunder
10-08-2016, 12:11 PM
I never miss anyone's posts you moron. I read them from the oldest to the newest, your ridiculous pish included...

Thanks mate.

JackSnakes
10-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Thanks mate.

Always a pleasure :)