PDA

View Full Version : Grimsby anyone?

ramAnag
10-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Can't ever remember a time when even by the following morning there are no comments about the previous evening's match. Did anyone go? I know it wasn't impressive but we did win which is, at least, an improvement on last year. Any feedback?

See Bucko got off to a good start at Wigan...helping Oldham win the battle of the Latics.

AdiSalisbury
10-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Was looking for some opinion myself. Only listened on ramsplayer, sounded a bit underwhelming, but 2 clean sheets to start the season is a positive.

They were complementing Butterfield playing on the left, any eye witnesses able to verify?

How is Blackman getting on out wide - better than Ince / Russell?

Will Pearce be challenging Shackell in the 1st 11?

Did Martin & Bent combine / do their own thing?

Should I cancel cricket on Saturday and travel to Barnsley? I like a nice non-EU scone.

eddy779h34
10-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I was there it was poor ,boring, lacked tempo and I worry Barnsley will beat us on that showing

4 4 2 your having a laugh both wide payers can't beat a man on the outside and cross a decent ball

Bent I thought he was shocking lacked concentration twice in the first half he could of scored but switched off at the ***** moment

The only players who looked up for the game were Keogh , Bryson and Butterfield when he came on

Pearce when he had a chance to feed it into the frontman's feet dwelt and played the negative ball to the marked fullback

Hughes was off his game , but had no movement ahead of him

crying out for the old system with the players we have I'm afraid

roger_ramjet
10-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Was looking for some opinion myself. Only listened on ramsplayer, sounded a bit underwhelming, but 2 clean sheets to start the season is a positive.

They were complementing Butterfield playing on the left, any eye witnesses able to verify?

How is Blackman getting on out wide - better than Ince / Russell?

Will Pearce be challenging Shackell in the 1st 11?

Did Martin & Bent combine / do their own thing?

Should I cancel cricket on Saturday and travel to Barnsley? I like a nice non-EU scone.

Cricket will be all over by Saturday!! having said that I am going Friday but no idea how given the train strike!!

Oh and no idea about the Grimsby game except that it seems to have been quite Grim. Strangely BBC stats claim that there was only 1 foul in the game, committed by Grimsby. I suspect this to be BS and may have been corrected now - but it looked odd to see us with more bookings than fouls committed!

AdiSalisbury
10-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Hampshire Regional Division 2 West won't be over Rog! And I'm pretty sure England won't balls it up until at least Saturday tea, so your Friday replacement bus service will be worthwhile.

Thanks Eddy, I feared as much. It's good that we're trying something new, but we need the personnel to do so. I don't think our squad is as strong as it is hyped up to be, perhaps a few iron's are in the fire for some wingers. Wondering if Weimann could play a big part this year in the new shape. Still time to adapt, at least we seem solid defensively (so far).

ramAnag
10-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Weimann and/or Camara perhaps Adi, really unfortunate and disruptive that they're both out injured.
Still very early days but with four or five significant to huge (by our standards) potential signings being repeatedly mentioned in the press it would be nice to know quite what is going on and to see something positive happen. Patience is a virtue.

mistaram
10-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Yes I went it was about as bad as it gets If you only play two recognized midfielders who neither can win the ball Then you would even struggle on a Sunday morning We really were terrible Won't bother with individuals but my misses has more chance of replacing Shackell than Pearce has Adi Eiman out injured for 6 week

Oldtimeram
10-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Good game and encouraging performance then.

macstheman
10-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Good one OTR;D

AngryRam
10-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Could not be bothered.. Pretty muched guessed how the night would turn out. Hate these early rounds of whatever this cup is called this year. No crowd, lesser opposition playing like its their cup final. Players giving 50%. Waste of time and money.

Having said that.. I will be in Barnsley on Saturday and the no good, money grabbing, pooftas better be on their game then. The Angry bus will be leaving at 10:00.
COYR.
Looking forward to the all new Ella's player ratings.. Feel like I have a kindred spirit now from the Nottingham branch of Derby Mad.
:mad:

ellafella
11-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Could not be bothered.. Pretty muched guessed how the night would turn out. Hate these early rounds of whatever this cup is called this year. No crowd, lesser opposition playing like its their cup final. Players giving 50%. Waste of time and money.

Having said that.. I will be in Barnsley on Saturday and the no good, money grabbing, pooftas better be on their game then. The Angry bus will be leaving at 10:00.
COYR.
Looking forward to the all new Ella's player ratings.. Feel like I have a kindred spirit now from the Nottingham branch of Derby Mad.

Toyed with going to Barnsley Angry, but am not going now as I'm not convinced that it will have changed and Derby will give another inept showing. I suspect the players are in their shells at the moment and are trying to adapt to the new culture...which they're struggling with. Suspect another bore-draw or narrow defeat...but will look forward to your report back. :s

AngryRam
11-08-2016, 07:35 AM
As always I will call it as I see it B)

Interesting times here with the squad.. I believe we had the best system for the players we have but Pearson obviously wants to play another way. We have nearly crossed the line but keep falling short. The question now is do we have the players to play his system?
$64,000 dollar question.. Is it right to start again ie throw away all the good we have/had? Was it ever going to get us over the line? Did it just need tweaking?
Now it looks like we are starting a new 3 years project (how many clubs have gone down this route)? I can see wholesale changes coming as I honestly cannot see these players playing the Peason way. My worry is that this season will be a write off.. Pearson will evaluate to see who can adapt and if they don't... Offski. Whole new team.
So glad I did not get a season ticket this year.. Having said that, I know I will still go but will not break my back for Cardiff away on a Tuesday.
Hope I am wrong..