PDA

View Full Version : Britains biggest drug bust

mondo_notion
12-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Just got home and flicked the news on to see the captain and first officer of thon ship that was caught with all that charlie on board have been jailed for a total of 40 years.

Don't get me wrong it was a huge amount of drugs to be caught with but is 40 years not a bit steep considering the ridiculous sentences other people have had for crimes where people have died, been raped etc

As an example, also in the headlines today, those 2 blokes found guilty of abusing boys at St Ninians in Falkland - 5 and 10 years. One of them will probably be out in 2.

That guy who drove from Bradford to Glasgow and killed that shop owner got 27 years didn't he?

And what do they end up doing with the confiscated £520 millions worth of coke?

Aldo1983
12-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Not steep at all. It's a shame that those other examples exist but it would be wrong to limit their sentence on the back of that. You also have to look at the overall damage that shipment would do.

The coke goes towards SteveDeSol's club nights.

mondo_notion
12-08-2016, 05:49 PM
The sad fact is that cocaine seems to be a lot safer than all of that synthetic nonsense folk are taking these days. How many lives has that taken in the last 5 years or so.

Pacman1903
12-08-2016, 06:30 PM
Aldos right. Its what would have happened if the boat wasnt caught. The drugs added to society and lets be fair that would have been a fair extra whack added to whats already on the go. Then theres the money these c@nts stood to earn off it.That would have been majorly frowned upon also

F@ck them, they took a risk and it backfired. Nae luck i say.

Aldo1983
12-08-2016, 06:40 PM
The sad fact is that cocaine seems to be a lot safer than all of that synthetic nonsense folk are taking these days. How many lives has that taken in the last 5 years or so.

Not sure that's strictly true. Coke is mixed with lots of different things and it's purity is at an all time low i believe. It's not really safer it's just younger ones are more likely to do other stuff for various obvious reasons.

mondo_notion
12-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Not sure that's strictly true. Coke is mixed with lots of different things and it's purity is at an all time low i believe. It's not really safer it's just younger ones are more likely to do other stuff for various obvious reasons.

Yeah there's nothing you can do for purity, although I have noticed some of the bigger clubs are taking a leaf out the Dutchies book and letting you check what's really in whatever it is your taking first. I honestly think all these 'legal' highs and synthetic stuff is going to do a lot more long term damage to people than a few lines of coke the odd weekend.

Aldo1983
12-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Yeah there's nothing you can do for purity, although I have noticed some of the bigger clubs are taking a leaf out the Dutchies book and letting you check what's really in whatever it is your taking first. I honestly think all these 'legal' highs and synthetic stuff is going to do a lot more long term damage to people than a few lines of coke the odd weekend.

But what about the trail it leaves and the folk making the money?

mondo_notion
12-08-2016, 08:01 PM
But what about the trail it leaves and the folk making the money?

People are still making money off of these legal highs the only difference is they are getting taxed on it. Well at least they were, have the government finally cottoned on and banned that crap altogether now?

Aldo1983
12-08-2016, 08:06 PM
People are still making money off of these legal highs the only difference is they are getting taxed on it. Well at least they were, have the government finally cottoned on and banned that crap altogether now?

I'm pretty sure coke makes a lot more money than that ****e though. Plus folk on coke turn into cocks.

Pacman1903
12-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Plus folk on coke turn into cocks.

There is alot of proof toback that statement up

Jupiter
13-08-2016, 02:59 PM
What does everybody think about legalising drugs? Is it a good idea or not? Banning them hasn't really worked.

InversneckieDob
13-08-2016, 03:21 PM
What does everybody think about legalising drugs? Is it a good idea or not? Banning them hasn't really worked.

It's hard to argue against controlled legalisation when Bevvy is legal.

korzak
13-08-2016, 05:48 PM
The drug trade in the UK is worth billions..I feel the P.T.B may always have {in one way or another}had their fingers in the pie...A token seizure...

mondo_notion
13-08-2016, 06:09 PM

I think it's the way forward. I wouldn't legalise them all but as for the more recreational drugs like weed and charlie then I think it would be best to. At least people would know what they are taking is safe. Look at the states in America where they have legalised it, the tax dollars have come rolling in and other states are coming round to the idea.

korzak
13-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Good point...problem is...America is majorly messed up on Meth/Amphet....much cheaper and truly more addictive....Legalize the weed here sure...but yayo..smack...na.

DodHagi
13-08-2016, 08:50 PM

Drunk folk on the other hand...

(i agree ching=arsehole) but for us alcohol users to be so hypocritically self-righteous is laughable.

Legalise/control/tax - categorically cant do any worse than current prohibition

Mason89
13-08-2016, 10:41 PM

Nobody turns into a cOck on coke, they're cOcks in the first place. Coke only shows it better

Goalposter
14-08-2016, 01:49 AM
Nobody turns into a cOck on coke, they're cOcks in the first place. Coke only shows it better

Exactly.

Same with alcohol.

It does make me query murderers who take the high road when attacking or killing pedos in jail.

Both should be beaten up surely? Or both left alone.

Redtothebone
14-08-2016, 02:08 AM
You should be allowed do what you what to do ? as reasonably thinking human ,if you are not then **** off ....