PDA

View Full Version : Barnsley Predictions

swaledale
13-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Would love to say we will smash them, but fear it will be another draw!

ramAnag
13-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Feel much the same Swale...fear another dour 0-0...they'll be up for it, home return to the Championship and all that. We might have to survive a tough opening ten-fif**** minutes...bit like Brighton did last week. On the other hand, a good early start and a bit of much needed confidence then who knows?

roger_ramjet
13-08-2016, 10:12 AM
3-1 Barnsley

macstheman
13-08-2016, 10:54 AM
1 - 1

KingCharlieGeorge
13-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Nigel will have read our criticism and will pick the right team and adopt our tactics and we will win easily!

triz
13-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Well it's not looking good.
Playing badly and losing.

macstheman
13-08-2016, 02:55 PM
So normal then:mad:

triz
13-08-2016, 03:19 PM
What a pile of ****e, it's not looking good this season. Relegation battle anyone?

roger_ramjet
13-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Us and Newcastle eh?

Pearson OUT

roger_ramjet
13-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Us and Newcastle eh?

Pearson OUT

:mad:

macstheman
13-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Get rid twice eh!

macstheman
13-08-2016, 05:26 PM
On Radio Derby Pearson says some players have lost confidence. What, after 3 games?? More like lost confidence in him!!

ellafella
13-08-2016, 05:39 PM
On Radio Derby Pearson says some players have lost confidence. What, after 3 games?? More like lost confidence in him!!

Absolutely. The man is a Baffoon. On Twitter fans saying players not good enough...mass clear out etc.
Do players become poor over a period of weeks...or do they reflect a manager who talks crap?

essexred52
13-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Hey look, It's only 2 games into the season and your slaughtering the Manager already? Again we've started poorly and we're not calling for the Managers head,
If it's the same after 5 or 6 games then start to panic.

FrenchTrimmed
13-08-2016, 06:27 PM
On the evidence of the play I have seen pre-season and in the first couple of competitive matches I reckon we have some serious problems. The players are putting in mediocre performances and there is a malaise around our general approach and delivery that makes me wonder if we are not heading towards being a complete basket case in the Championship. I cannot believe how things have deteriorated over the last year or so and am just praying the current problems are early season jitters that Mr Pearson will sort out; but why am I not confident this is the case?

AngryRam
13-08-2016, 08:13 PM
On the evidence of the play I have seen pre-season and in the first couple of competitive matches I reckon we have some serious problems. The players are putting in mediocre performances and there is a malaise around our general approach and delivery that makes me wonder if we are not heading towards being a complete basket case in the Championship. I cannot believe how things have deteriorated over the last year or so and am just praying the current problems are early season jitters that Mr Pearson will sort out; but why am I not confident this is the case?

Spot on Mr Trimmed.. The players we have are fragile, we know that, the last two season have proved that.. That's okay when thing are going well but they can't get themselves out of a rut.
I have made my position clear on the all too quick departure of Clement and normally I would stay behind the manager. With Clement at least I could see what he was trying to achieve but I'm with Ella on this. I have no idea what system or style Pearson wants. He obviously wants to play a 4411 but we have no width, then he plays central midfielders in wide positions. We then seem intent on bypassing the midfield, where incidentally we have our best players. It's not quite a counterattacking system, just a long ball to a big lump forward in Bent who has no mobility at all.
Just what I watched this afternoon, I have no idea. The players were all over the place and did not seem to know what was wanted of them. Normally reliable decision makers in Bryson and Hughes had mares.. Fozzy also although he might have been thrown in early by necessity. Bent was poor first half and rightly subbed but Martin was no better. I don't think Messi would have made much impression.
Why does Shackell just hoof it into a channel where nobody is running? Is he told to look for that pass? In which case it is Bent and Ince fault.
Pearson has inherited a group of players who obviously suit the 433 system that McLaren got a great season and a half from. It broke my heart watching Will Hughes getting frustrated watching a ball sail over his head.. Keogh and Shackell apart none of these players will be 'Pearson' players.. Expect a mass clear out over the next two windows.

Is Pearson the right manager.. As a man I detest him, as a manager at Leicester, I have to show some respect for the way Leicester have progressed. Is he right for DCFC? Everything in me says NO..

Right.. Sorry Anag but I am going to have a pop at Magic Mel.

I am sorry the man is a wealthy Buffon.. First he did not want a manager who would tell him how to run his club, then he sacks him and puts his mate in.. Then he employs someone who will undoubtedly tell him how to run his club.. The rudder has fallen off the boat. Money does not always make you a good owner of a football club. For me our greatest strength as a club and I am sure Forest fans will agree, was our behind the scenes management team. The North Americans did things right, slow and sure.. Put in place Sam Rush and let him do his job. I am sure most other Championship clubs looked on in envy and thought this is a club going forward. Since the melon has appeared with his stupid PR sound bites and poor decisions, we have steadily gone backwards.
25 mil last year.. Largely wasted... Now I am sure we are hesitant to invest until we sell as FFP is soon going to become an issue and Morris blew his lot too quickly. Sky high ticket prices now... He cocked up big style last year.. Coffee and scarves don't win games Morris.
I know he is local, supports the club etc etc... Whoopy do.. I ain't seeing much from Morris that inspires me too much.

AngryRam
13-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Hey look, It's only 2 games into the season and your slaughtering the Manager already? Again we've started poorly and we're not calling for the Managers head,
If it's the same after 5 or 6 games then start to panic.

Normally I would agree but us fans ain't stupid.. Unless you are from Es*** of course. :P

swaledale
13-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Normally I would agree but us fans ain't stupid.. Unless you are from Es*** of course. :P

It is ****e at the moment! Though it does rather put a different slant on the decline i the final season that McClaen was i charge when many were adamant that the piss poor performances were due to McClaren wanting to go to Newcastle!

Given that there was many a dire performance (though not as gutless admittedly as today) under Clements reign, the utter contrast between the gutless crap of the first leg playoff against Hull and the 2nd leg performance - using the tactics and personnel that some now think is the answer to our problems, it does beg the question as to the players attitudes?

Acido
13-08-2016, 10:05 PM
They were two former favourites of ours, Jacob Butterfield & Jason Shackell. Are they not doing well then at the moment for Derby ?
Im interested to read comments here from Swale, Oldtimer, and Anagram (and anybody else of course lol).

Im pleased as punch tonight after our performance today, I admit I was starting to worry a bit after we'd lost at Ipswich and at home to Northampton in the Lg cup. The atmosphere was top class today and all of our team put a shift in, in my opinion anyway!

ramAnag
13-08-2016, 11:17 PM
No need to say sorry to me Angry. I'm obviously not going to start having a pop at Mel, he's not a buffoon and I do think it's early days but there's no hiding from the fact that today was enormously disappointing. Six or seven hours of my life that I'll never get back that was a total waste of time and money.
Can't disagree with much that you say above or with your player assessments elsewhere.
Can't explain what is going on. Last time I was in Barnsley was under McClaren at the end of 2013 when the future seemed so bright. Difficult to imagine a greater contrast with today which was literally 'hopeless' and directionless.
Acido...your lads didn't have to do much to beat our shambles of a side today but what they did they did as a team. They had a strategy, showed some bottle and determination and looked as if they all knew what their jobs were. In all those respects they were streets ahead of Derby and deserved the points.

MarylandRam
14-08-2016, 03:04 PM
No need to say sorry to me Angry. I'm obviously not going to start having a pop at Mel, he's not a buffoon and I do think it's early days but there's no hiding from the fact that today was enormously disappointing. Six or seven hours of my life that I'll never get back that was a total waste of time and money.
Can't disagree with much that you say above or with your player assessments elsewhere.
Can't explain what is going on. Last time I was in Barnsley was under McClaren at the end of 2013 when the future seemed so bright. Difficult to imagine a greater contrast with today which was literally 'hopeless' and directionless.
Acido...your lads didn't have to do much to beat our shambles of a side today but what they did they did as a team. They had a strategy, showed some bottle and determination and looked as if they all knew what their jobs were. In all those respects they were streets ahead of Derby and deserved the points.
Well ----the many moaners who frequent this site are certainly having a great start to their season.
Having said that I would like to make a couple of points:

1) Mel is much smarter than the vast majority of the people who play here as Sunday morning managers----Clement was not sacked because he was too strong, but the opposite. He would not have the guts to tell the management what he was going to do---BUT said one thing and did another. The buys made in his time did not improve the team to say the least. Mel did the right thing in supporting him while he was in the job and then having realized he was a follower not a leader then made the change quickly.
2) A team of professional players should be able to adapt from one system to another in a much better way than yesterday----I am sure Pearson knows this and will start sorting it out pronto.

I am concerned by the negativity felt by the saner members of this forum (eg. Ellafella) who are concerned about the new regime and would like to better understand this. Lets see what the months of Aug and Sept. bring---I suspect it will be very interesting.

ramAnag
14-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Not sure why you've quoted me in the context of 'moaners' Maryland. I do my best not to and my post actually defends Mel and says it's 'early days'.
Having said that, sounds like you're probably a few thousand miles away. Had you spent the last two Saturdays watching the tripe that's been served up and spending £62 on tickets for the 'privilege' you might feel differently.
I hope you're right and things improve quickly. Maybe this time next week we'll have seven points and all will be well with the world but just at this moment in time it's difficult to see how that's going to happen. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong and people like Ella, myself, Swale, mista, Angry and others are just calling it as we see it...something which you obviously haven't been able to do.

mistaram
14-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Thanks anaGram you took the words out of my mouth Here we were thinking Clement s got sack for not playing the Derby way I also know for a fact he had no input on the transfers of Johnson or Butterfield he was given them Well Maryland I've already paid £98 pounds for transport and tickets for myself and the wife for Preston on Tuesday see you.there not

MarylandRam
14-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Not sure why you've quoted me in the context of 'moaners' Maryland. I do my best not to and my post actually defends Mel and says it's 'early days'.
Having said that, sounds like you're probably a few thousand miles away. Had you spent the last two Saturdays watching the tripe that's been served up and spending £62 on tickets for the 'privilege' you might feel differently.
I hope you're right and things improve quickly. Maybe this time next week we'll have seven points and all will be well with the world but just at this moment in time it's difficult to see how that's going to happen. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong and people like Ella, myself, Swale, mista, Angry and others are just calling it as we see it...something which you obviously haven't been able to do.
Sorry if you thought I was connecting you as one of the moaners-just the opposite in fact. Totally agree with your comments above. Try to stay positive, I trust things will work out, but as said I am concerned by Ellafella's dislike of NP.
Trust in Mel and support him asap.

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 04:12 PM
One mention of Mel and Maryland reappears.. Hmmmm.

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Thanks anaGram you took the words out of my mouth Here we were thinking Clement s got sack for not playing the Derby way I also know for a fact he had no input on the transfers of Johnson or Butterfield he was given them Well Maryland I've already paid £98 pounds for transport and tickets for myself and the wife for Preston on Tuesday see you.there not

Good luck mate. Preston on a Tuesday, top man.

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Well ----the many moaners who frequent this site are certainly having a great start to their season.
Having said that I would like to make a couple of points:

1) Mel is much smarter than the vast majority of the people who play here as Sunday morning managers----Clement was not sacked because he was too strong, but the opposite. He would not have the guts to tell the management what he was going to do---BUT said one thing and did another. The buys made in his time did not improve the team to say the least. Mel did the right thing in supporting him while he was in the job and then having realized he was a follower not a leader then made the change quickly.
2) A team of professional players should be able to adapt from one system to another in a much better way than yesterday----I am sure Pearson knows this and will start sorting it out pronto.

I am concerned by the negativity felt by the saner members of this forum (eg. Ellafella) who are concerned about the new regime and would like to better understand this. Lets see what the months of Aug and Sept. bring---I suspect it will be very interesting.

The hills are alive with the sound of music...
How did the USA happy clapper convention go?
Let's all trust in MR Trump I am sure he know what he is doing.. Fkn la la land.

MarylandRam
14-08-2016, 04:33 PM
The hills are alive with the sound of music...
How did the USA happy clapper convention go?
Let's all trust in MR Trump I am sure he know what he is doing.. Fkn la la land.

Not sure if you know this but Trump thinks everything in USA is a disaster. Who does he remind you of?

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Not sure if you know this but Trump thinks everything in USA is a disaster. Who does he remind you of?

And do I think everything is a disaster? Clement?
You need to declare an interest here.. Something is not right, you only pop up when Morris is mentioned. Silence all the rest of the time.. Happy clappy bollx, you sound like a club PR man.

MarylandRam
14-08-2016, 06:21 PM
And do I think everything is a disaster? Clement?
You need to declare an interest here.. Something is not right, you only pop up when Morris is mentioned. Silence all the rest of the time.. Happy clappy bollx, you sound like a club PR man.

Well I will reveal all. I unfotunately am addicted to DCFC and have been since 1956 when I would watch Ray Straw from the boy,s pen. I have seen the lot since then, from great to lousy. I am sure I,ve seen the club more often than you, frustrating as it has been at times. I have never met or spoken to Mel or any officer of the club nor have any interest other than wanting the club to do well. It is very easy to critise people and I believe Mel is trying hard to buil d the club up.
I realize you are frustrated but find the constant moaning counter-productive.

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Well I will reveal all. I unfotunately am addicted to DCFC and have been since 1956 when I would watch Ray Straw from the boy,s pen. I have seen the lot since then, from great to lousy. I am sure I,ve seen the club more often than you, frustrating as it has been at times. I have never met or spoken to Mel or any officer of the club nor have any interest other than wanting the club to do well. It is very easy to critise people and I believe Mel is trying hard to buil d the club up.
I realize you are frustrated but find the constant moaning counter-productive.

News flash... It's a football forum fella. What do you expect?
We all want the club to do well but things ain't right, so do we just stick our heads in the sand and ignore them?
Apart from Morris 'being a good local guy', he has got so much wrong. He is a custodian of OUR club and as such should be answerable for his decisions. Surely that is not unreasonable.
The Pearson appointment was strange as it seemed to be going against everything he has said previously.. We seem to just keep changing direction.. We want this, we want that.. What happened to the Derby Way? Is that now the Pearson Way?
I would love us to play the Pearson/ Leicester football. No other team in the last few years has impressed me more than the Leicester team that took us apart in their promotion year. My issue is that we now seem to want to tear up everything we did before and start anew... As I have stated before the vast majority of this team are not Pearson type of players. Yes, players should be able to adapt to slightly different systems but I am not sure they know what system they are being asked to play. Central midfielders out wide and wide players on the bench. Would you ask a quarterback to play as a line backer.. Okay extreme but you get my point.
Listen even Ella is not happy.. So it must be a real problem.. Here is a poster who is respected by all and even he is frustrated.

mistaram
14-08-2016, 06:47 PM
Angry cheers mate yes Ppreston on a Tuesday night not for the fainthearted. Especially.when I'm on 6 to 2 next morning Not very often I don't look forward to a game but afraid this could be another disaster same with the Villa game on Sat We are desperate for a holding midfielder teams are running through us like they used to

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Angry cheers mate yes Ppreston on a Tuesday night not for the fainthearted. Especially.when I'm on 6 to 2 next morning Not very often I don't look forward to a game but afraid this could be another disaster same with the Villa game on Sat We are desperate for a holding midfielder teams are running through us like they used to
Just too far from London on a Tuesday for me.. Was going to try and work out of the Manchester office on Weds but it went pear shaped.
I am hoping Saturday might have been a tipping point. I have a good feeling about Tuesday. Russell will start and if he is half as good as he was last year they will struggle.
Get Hughes and Bryson nearer Martin and we will be good.

mistaram
14-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Angry Wish I could share your optimism but when the team has not really got one player in form its hard to be optimistic Your probably right about Russell or though I'm no fan of him he's probably the best of a poor lot if Ince or Blackman start think the wife will get some earache ☺

AngryRam
14-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Angry Wish I could share your optimism but when the team has not really got one player in form its hard to be optimistic Your probably right about Russell or though I'm no fan of him he's probably the best of a poor lot if Ince or Blackman start think the wife will get some earache ☺

Shsss don't tell anyone in here I am being positive.. I've got a heavy rep to keep up. B)
Anyone need any stationery?