PDA

View Full Version : Dalian Atkinson

VillaRosie
15-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Has died after being tasered by the police.

http://news.sky.com/story/ex-aston-villa-player-dies-in-police-tasering-10537438

bongosdad
15-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Rest I piece Dalian. Still scored the best villa goal I've seen.

VillaRosie
15-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Is this the goal against Wimbledon you are referring to Bongo. It was the first MOTD Premiership goal of the season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballFunnys/status/765142752531185664/video/1

stateside
15-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Unbelievable news. RIP Dalian. Thanks for the great memories you gave us.

scvilla29
15-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Really gutted about this. He was my all time Villa hero. Unplayable on his day.

Can't understand why there's been nothing from the club on twitter or the official site to even acknowledge his death. Wednesday were straight out with a nice tribute on their twitter feed and on their site but there's been absolutely nothing on ours.

bongosdad
15-08-2016, 12:21 PM
I would expect a minutes silence tomorrow.

VillaRosie
15-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Really gutted about this. He was my all time Villa hero. Unplayable on his day.

Can't understand why there's been nothing from the club on twitter or the official site to even acknowledge his death. Wednesday were straight out with a nice tribute on their twitter feed and on their site but there's been absolutely nothing on ours.

Villa have now acknowledged Dalian's passing with a tribute SC.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2016/08/15/rip-dalian-atkinson

Albionic68
15-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Terrible news.

RIP Dalian Atkinson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3741176/Man-38-dies-police-shoot-Taser-Telford.html

wolves71
15-08-2016, 05:03 PM
RIP, sad news and like many opposition fans, his goal against Wimbledon springs to mind.

westcountryvillain
15-08-2016, 06:10 PM
He certainly brought smiles to faces, scored in the Coca Cola Cup final against treble chasing Man U - a Villa hero. Absolutely gutted and I hope we win well tomorrow in tribute to him.

appac
15-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Rest in peace big man so many memories from a very special if not fulfilled talent, Wimbledon away was a pleasure and Wembley v Man Utd was just very special, taken way to soon sleep well Dalian. God Bless ����

Newcy Wolf
15-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Tragic, simply tragic and should not have happened.

You can rest in peace now Dalian.

MissWinnie
15-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Yes, a terrible tragedy. So very, very sad. My thoughts are with his family, especially his father. :heart:

I'm not too sure of the events that happened, but I do know a police officer will now have to live with this for the rest of his life, too. I hope lessons are learned but that people don't judge too harshly - they're the ones going into a situation when the rest of us are running away and it's all too easy to misjudge things. No-one could have expected this to happen ...

As others have said, give it your all for Dalian, Villa. Your Wimbledon goal will stay alive for ever for Villans to enjoy ...

Travel safely Dalian. :heart:

dazzyowen
15-08-2016, 06:54 PM
How sad and tragic this is.. Definitely one of my favs and remember some cracking goals..

RIP Dalian

TrianonDave
15-08-2016, 08:05 PM
How sad and tragic this is.. Definitely one of my favs and remember some cracking goals..

RIP Dalian

Death is a horrible thing for everyone involved and will come to us all one day but when snuffed out like this it is hard to comprehend. The police are there to protect us not harm or kill us, this is not a gun slinging town in Texas, just a quiet one in Telford. I cannot help but feel angry tonight, a man suffering with kidney and heart problems, shot needlessly by the police oh and no one tell me it was only a Tazer, 10 people a year die because of these weapons!

I am sure once we have all the facts that this death could have been avoided, I feel for his Family and friends and us all, he was a Holte end Hero, we will miss him but never forget him! RIP big man, they cannot harm you now.

westcountryvillain
16-08-2016, 06:02 PM
Have to agree with you TD, I am sure the level of training the police receive is to a very high standard and in the moment they have to make a decision. If he was armed and threatening them it's a different situation, clearly he wasn't either of those things according to witnesses. He was reportedly having some kind of mental episode and that should have been recognised, is there anything to suggest the police use tasers too readily? Bloody worrying that 10+ people die as a result - out of how many?

iwuztherein82
16-08-2016, 06:32 PM
In the first year of the premier league we came 2nd to Manure ... I have no doubt whatsoever that if sick note would have stayed fit all season we would have won it by 10 points ... That's how good his partnership was with Deano...... Cyrille stepped in but he was way past his best by then ..

RIP sicknote

TrianonDave
17-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Thoughts of Big Fat Ron as well Iwuz?

VillaRosie
05-05-2021, 10:07 AM
Is anyone keeping updated on the murder trial of Dalian.

It’s horrific what that thug and his cohort allegedly did to him.

Unbelievable really Dalian died in August 2016 and even allowing for the pandemic it’s took this long for the case to go to court.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/live-updates-dalian-atkinson-murder-20519228

MissWinnie
05-05-2021, 10:19 AM
No, I hadn't seen that, Rosie.

Obviously, if true about the head kicking, I completely retract my comment made in ignorance at the time. There's absolutely no excuse for that, it's vicious and sickening. Yes, absolutely, it was 3 and a half years before the pandemic began - far too long.

VillaRosie
05-05-2021, 10:34 AM
I didn’t realise about the alleged head kicking either Winnie it’s appalling if proved.

TrianonDave
05-05-2021, 05:04 PM
To me this attack is more sickening than what happened to George Floyd which itself was appalling. To Taser a man 3 times and one 6 times longer basically a combined 8 times, then boot him in the head so hard as if he was taking a goal kick then for his colleague to draw her extended baton and continue to hit him when he was down and not responding. Look, I am not going to bring colour into this but where are the protests, the Vigils etc, Dalian was already dying of Liver failure but to treat him like a dog is disgusting! There is no defence for those police officers and they now should be rightfully found guilty of all charges and sent down for a long time.

mondaze
05-05-2021, 05:49 PM
the caring face of the police force. The man was having a mental episode, this does not give carte blanche to the thugs in blue to give him a good kicking. I have worked with the mentally ill and you do not treat violent episodes with violence. Its an absolute disgrace.

westcountryvillain
05-05-2021, 09:24 PM
It's more than that Mondaze, the whole thing stinks in that it has taken almost 5 years to get to court and the charge is assault when the doctors have confirmed that but for the prolonged taser and head injury he would have survived despite his very poor health.

Rosie - the head kicking has already been admitted to, with lace imprints it leaves the scumbag no way to wriggle out of it. Derek Chauvin who knelt on George Floyd's neck had over 20 complaints for violence on his record, he'd done similar previously so this was always going to happen because the police failed to deal with him. Floyd himself was a career scumbag criminal but didn't deserve to lose his life - I wonder if these two coppers had any previous wrongdoing on their records.

TD - had this been filmed and broadcast on social media there probably wouldn't have been a George Floyd, perhaps him being a famous ex-footballer rather than simply an every day black man made the public perceive it differently, I don't know.

To boot someone in the head with such force when they are incapacitated shows venomous contempt and it's inconceivable for anyone to say they wouldn't know it could kill them. It's murder, but they'll be done only for assault - disgusting.

TrianonDave
06-05-2021, 06:48 AM
There are numerous witnesses that night so the cops should get what they deserve. Had I done this, then I would already be in prison, whats the difference?

stripes39
06-05-2021, 11:36 AM
The details that came out in court are truly shocking. Why is this not on the main BBC OR sky News?

What happened to George Floyd was truly wrong on every level but why is it that a career scumbag gets treated like a saint and gets given blanket coverage by the BBC? Here a decent bloke albeit one who may have been mentally unstable gets tasered 6 x times over and kicked to death by bent coppers (who later lied under caution) and it's only on local news and the internet?

Where are the protests? And 4 or 5 years to come to court FFS? I hope they get everything coming but historically the police have gotten away with a lot in similar cases.

TrianonDave
06-05-2021, 03:09 PM
I really am surprised the BLM movement did not pick this up, not that I wanted it to but which ever way you look at it, its just horrendous, maybe people have moved on as, we come out of Covid.
We certainly do not want this swept under the carpet!
6 weeks this case will take, why?

VillaRosie
06-05-2021, 03:52 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/06/dalian-atkinson-trial-police-officers-return-dock-case-ex-aston/

The more you read the more horrendous it becomes.

It’s hard to believe it’s not one of the lead stories on the news.

dazzyowen
07-05-2021, 06:25 PM
Found this all quite unsettling tbh and an absolute disgrace, the bloke clearly had some serious issues yet they treated him like an animal..

TrianonDave
23-06-2021, 12:01 PM
Copper who beat Dalian to death has now been found guilty of his death by Manslaughter.....good luck in prison you filthy *******.🤬

oldskoolvillan
27-06-2021, 08:42 AM
Happy to see some level of justice finally being done, but as Ive said before, where was the outpouring of outrage at the injustice of something happening under the "wokes" noses rather than an event thousands of miles away? What happened to Floyd was an outrage for sure, but if you look at the backgrounds and history of the two, I know which one is more shocking to me.

TrianonDave
27-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Has the filth been sentenced yet if so how long did he get, I bet it will be only 5 years! And what about his girlfriend who bravely wading in with the stick while he was out for the count, whats happened to her.
As for the Student activists, I can only think it slipt their radar or they don't actually know where Burminam is????

oldskoolvillan
27-06-2021, 11:52 AM
Not sure about sentencing but he has been convicted, the jury were undecided about his oppo I think, so I guess she gets away with her part in it, unless they re try her with different charges?

VillaRosie
27-06-2021, 12:52 PM
I believe he is out on bail and back in court on tomorrow (Monday) for sentencing.

Like OSV says it was a hung jury for her and the judge dismissed them so whether they re try her or she goes free no clue.