PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown "retires"

deedon
19-08-2016, 09:43 AM
As it says...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=16450

Now when will the manager do the same...?

Pauldolski10
19-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Pity it wasn't from life

Pacman1903
19-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Pity it wasn't from life

therealsouthstander
19-08-2016, 12:25 PM

So our captain decides to chuck it 2 weeks before our world cup campaign gets under way..

Nae much wonder we've been utter garbage since he was captain..

supersamba
19-08-2016, 12:30 PM
F#ck the SFA and the side in dark blue that represent them.

Exiledhighlander
19-08-2016, 12:44 PM
F#ck the SFA and the side in dark blue that represent them.

You're not a very happy individual are you - is there anything about Scottish football that you do like?

InversneckieDob
19-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I wonder which Kenneth Wolstenholme voiced plum Strachan will make captain?
"Wonder" not "care".

Brian Grantland
19-08-2016, 12:47 PM
As it says...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=16450

Now when will the manager do the same...?

Timing seems odd if I'm being honest.

Not that I care about him being out of the team but strange.

Br0chred
I would imagine that's McGregor in the Scotland team then

Brian Grantland
I wonder which Kenneth Wolstenholme voiced plum Strachan will make captain?
"Wonder" not "care".

Lee Wallace isn't plum voiced min.

supersamba
19-08-2016, 12:48 PM
You're not a very happy individual are you - is there anything about Scottish football that you do like?

Aberdeen FC, absolutely nothing else.

Gallus79
19-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Shinniesta for centre midfield and Captaincy.

Goalposter
19-08-2016, 01:22 PM
People loved Rome but not all their emperors.

:)

Pacman1903
19-08-2016, 01:37 PM
But its nae just the emperor thats a f@cking disliked gobsh@te.His minions arent exactly warmed to either

The whole set up is wrong. Strachan bad mouths the national game which i find truly moronic and think he should be relieved of his duties.

Strachan took in his pal to give him a job as he was out of work

The players he picks are sh@te

He doesnt pick players that cleary deserve a chance but opts for english second tier players and guffs. (Theres now space for another one now Brown has f@cked off).

The tickets are far too steeply priced

I dont know why anyone would follow it.

Donanddusted
19-08-2016, 03:36 PM
All this shyte about players "retiring" from International duty.

Managers should say when they no longer cut it.

Modern players are a bunch of pampered pussies.

Jupiter
19-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Good riddance to the useless thug.

InversneckieDob
20-08-2016, 04:52 AM
Lee Wallace isn't plum voiced min.

I think if that utter hand job ever got the captaincy that would totally finish me the national team......I'm pretty much done as it is.

xtrmntr75
20-08-2016, 08:04 AM
In the short term, has to be Fletcher. He's a far better player than Brown and contributes more to the side. He was also a far better captain.

Pacman1903
20-08-2016, 09:11 AM
In the short term, has to be Fletcher. He's a far better player than Brown and contributes more to the side. He was also a far better captain.

Steven?

Aldo1983
20-08-2016, 10:05 AM

Justin?

Goalposter
20-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Fletcher hid in far too many Scotland games for me.

Snodgrass is the man!

He's in my opinion...our best player with Anya when on form.

Anyway back to the topic...feck aff Broon...

Bullsh*t retiring pish and extremely hunnish.

That goes for you too Messi ya fud :)

(Apparently he checks in here every so often to read our insights of the beautiful game)

Pacman1903
29-10-2016, 05:03 AM
Announces hes set to come out of retirement for the England game 2 and a bit months later. Nae doubt Strachan and McGhee will be stroking each others d@cks vigorously over the prospect, when in reality they should be telling him to f@ck right off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37796525

krakowdon
29-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Justin?

Norman Stanley.

Had a Scottish granny you know.

andoplzcumbak
02-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Some Swansea full back included.. any good?

And oddly, Snodgrass included even though he's injured XD

campervanbethoven
02-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Ha...Scotland team. Hilarious.

I actually don't think I'm going to give too much of a feck when the nigels stuff us.
Can't believe I'm actually at that point where I'm feeling that disinterested.
I had thought that this game may actually reignite a bit of national pride...but having seem that team selection it has done the polar opposite.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2016, 02:25 PM
Ha...Scotland team. Hilarious.

I actually don't think I'm going to give too much of a feck when the nigels stuff us.
Can't believe I'm actually at that point where I'm feeling that disinterested.
I had thought that this game may actually reignite a bit of national pride...but having seem that team selection it has done the polar opposite.

Absolutely 100% this ^^^^^^^^
How sad that a horsing by the guffs won't bother me.
The corruption in the SFA with the old Rangers/SEVCO was the final straw for me.
Ever since then, my feeling for the national team & the c unts that "run" our game is that they can go f uck themselves.
I couldn't tell you when Scotland are playing England to be honest, I'm guessing it's on or around Remembrance Day given the future about poppy wearing.
I better be careful or "goalposter" will be along getting his feathers in a fankle.

RedStarTorphins
02-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Absolutely 100% this ^^^^^^^^
How sad that a horsing by the guffs won't bother me.
The corruption in the SFA with the old Rangers/SEVCO was the final straw for me.
Ever since then, my feeling for the national team & the c unts that "run" our game is that they can go f uck themselves.
I couldn't tell you when Scotland are playing England to be honest, I'm guessing it's on or around Remembrance Day given the future about poppy wearing.
I better be careful or "goalposter" will be along getting his feathers in a fankle.

Replace the word future with furore above.
B@stard predictive text.

sancho_panza
02-11-2016, 05:17 PM
The poppy thing is pretty much nonsense. The story is the usual "how could FIFA do this, foreigners telling us what to do" thing the Daily Express thrives on, but the rules were made by the IFAB where the UK football associations have 50% of the vote (a ridiculous setup that is almost never mentioned by anyone in this country). So these horrendous foreign rules were created by a body that we (the UK) have an effective veto on.

I'm not some kind of James McClean figure who makes a big deal out of wearing a poppy. I actually think for the most part it comes from a fairly well-meaning place and isn't anything like as overt as the kind of military fetishism you see in some other countries (e.g. America). But the rule on political symbols is fairly reasonable as far as I'm concerned - the minute you start allowing exceptions you end up running into all sorts of problems in other countries (think Albania-Serbia) so drawing a line under it makes sense.

Pacman1903
04-11-2016, 10:27 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-condemns-utterly-outrageous-fifa-poppy-ban-for-england-and-scotland-players-a7393481.html

Theresa May come into the argument with this belter

"Before they start telling us what to do, they jolly well ought to sort their own house out". Surely that coming from her can only be laughed at considering the mess of the UK government.

My view are, they shouldnt be allowed on their shirts. Rules are rules. Sancho above is right. If it was allowed it sets a precedent.

As for James MacLean. He is well within his rights to not wear it. Hes never been a prick about it at any point. He has always explained he would wear it if it was a World Wars thing but its not and it includes all conflicts which includes the troubles. He is made out to be a f@cking monster by some, booed during games and even recieved death threats from loyalist groups.

You dinna hear about him making money for charity off the poppyless strips he wears. Selective reporting

Anyway back on topic Scott Brown can get to f@ck

Mason89
04-11-2016, 10:43 AM
isn't anything like as overt as the kind of military fetishism you see in some other countries (e.g. America).

Or Ibrox.

Kingdomred
04-11-2016, 10:44 AM
I was always led to believe the red poppy was supposed to represent the blood spilled on the battlefields of the first world war, and that was the blood of of all nations involved on both sides of that conflict. It was nothing to do with whatever side you were on, but it has been hijacked by people to further a sectarian argument, ie the Loyalists v Republicans in Ireland and to a slightly lesser extent in the west of Scotland.

Forgive me if I have got it all wrong

Pacman1903
04-11-2016, 10:56 AM
I was always led to believe the red poppy was supposed to represent the blood spilled on the battlefields of the first world war, and that was the blood of of all nations involved on both sides of that conflict.

It used to be. Poppies used to only be worn on rememberance day too.

Its now........." worn to commemorate the sacrifices of our Armed Forces" and also " to support actively serving members" and worn for almost a 2 month period

It covers all conflicts. So there will be plenty of haters out there, nae just James MacLean

Pacman1903
05-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Injured today. F@cking good

campervanbethoven
06-11-2016, 10:06 AM
just wait for Wallace to pick up a niggle after todays game as well. Players hanging strachan out to dry?

Aldo1983
06-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Apparently Hutton, after FINALLY being dropped, has chucked it!

Pacman1903
06-11-2016, 12:25 PM

He winna be getting a game for anyone now

dons8321
06-11-2016, 01:01 PM

Saw that in the Observer today described as "Scotland suffered a blow"! Nobody, outside his immediate family would describe it as anything other than good news.

Jupiter
06-11-2016, 06:23 PM
That will be Brown retired again. He can piss off and bile his heid.

therealsouthstander
06-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Just about every single thing about our national team is embarrassing at the moment..

I predict a royal humping on Friday

Pacman1903
06-11-2016, 08:17 PM
Just about every single thing about our national team is embarrassing at the moment..

But aslong as theres poppies on the shirt it winna matter

Jupiter
07-11-2016, 06:09 PM

England haven't humped anybody for ages. It will probably be a boring 2-0 defeat.

fittiered
07-11-2016, 10:46 PM
But its nae just the emperor thats a f@cking disliked gobsh@te.His minions arent exactly warmed to either

The whole set up is wrong. Strachan bad mouths the national game which i find truly moronic and think he should be relieved of his duties.

Strachan took in his pal to give him a job as he was out of work

The players he picks are sh@te

He doesnt pick players that cleary deserve a chance but opts for english second tier players and guffs. (Theres now space for another one now Brown has f@cked off).

The tickets are far too steeply priced

I dont know why anyone would follow it.

England haven't humped anybody for ages. It will probably be a boring 2-0 defeat.

I just don't think so. We will be grubbed by 4 at least. Fun Wallace in defence!! A fin puppet who has been added to appease the fin blue pieces of **** in this god forsaken country. Fk that hoor leader of snp too.

theram1975
08-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Charlie Mulgrew called up.

Played one full 90 minutes for his club since April.

Pacman1903
08-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Charlie Mulgrew called up.

Played one full 90 minutes for his club since April.

Thats better than another time he was picked. Played 45 mins in a full calendar year and got called up remember

Unreal all the same. Strachans a f@cking buffoon

andoplzcumbak
08-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Just heard this on radio Scotland! What. The. Phuk!

Jupiter
08-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Strachan is just taking the piss now.

Aldo1983
25-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Welcome aboard XD

Pre-contract as player/coach.

So not assistant then...

pieandbovrilman
25-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Big signing regardless of people’s opinions, bigger than any signing McInnes ever made .
We wait with baited breath to see how things will go from here .

erchieplum
25-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Welcome aboard XD

Pre-contract as player/coach.

So not assistant then...
Can we steal their songs ?

Fields of Alford rye

Hail hail the cults are here

For its a grandholm team to play for

sheepcrooky
25-03-2021, 03:38 PM
It’s either going to be great or a disaster. There will be no middle ground with a signing like this.

Speechless and trying to get my head round Brown playing for AFC.

Tell you what though, it’s a real steel balls of a statement of intent by Cormack/Glass.

8outoftencaat
25-03-2021, 03:40 PM
Personally, I welcome the news. He is still a significantly better footballer than any of those on our books at present. He is a winner and has demonstrated great leadership skills.

We really are in no position to be too critical of signing someone like him and in fact we are where we are largely because we don't have any players like him...

irnbru1903
25-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Experience says this will be a damp squib in the same vein as McNamara, Hartley and Robson but old and past it is the only way we can afford old Celtic players. Perhaps the Tonev sympathiser will be a decent coach but it is a shot in the dark with not much evidence given his teams capitulation this season when put under pressure.

Did I mention old and past it? Like Hayes and Considine. Our first team squad next season XD

erchieplum
25-03-2021, 04:07 PM
What will be interesting is what he will.get off with on the pitch wearing an Aberdeen shirt compared to a sellic one

The Red Max
25-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Welcome aboard Schlitzie.

Don Julio
25-03-2021, 04:32 PM
It’s a bold move no doubt, but I’m optimistic he’ll be more of a Robson than a Bryson on the pitch. In particular I’m hopeful he’ll bring Ferguson and McCrorie back up to where they were and beyond, and hopefully bring Campbell along too. That alone would be a positive impact.

Glass’ interview clearly suggests he sees him as more of a coach ultimately. That’s a bit of a gamble but Glass clearly believes he’s got the leadership skills and nous.

All that said, there’s no doubt that despite Glass repeating how much we’re all going to love him, it’s definitely not going to be love at first sight!!!

Br0chred
25-03-2021, 04:39 PM
Personally, I welcome the news. He is still a significantly better footballer than any of those on our books at present. He is a winner and has demonstrated great leadership skills.

We really are in no position to be too critical of signing someone like him and in fact we are where we are largely because we don't have any players like him...

I'm with you 8.
When he played against us, you could feel nothing but dislike for him., but surely that's the sort of player you want to sign, rather than a player who you want to be facing. Obviously, his disciplinary record will no doubt be substantially different with us, but he appears to have "nous" so will hopefully adapt to new refereeing quickly. Can't have enough winners in your team so hopefully will engender a win at all costs mentality

TheDeeDon
25-03-2021, 04:42 PM
Well he is coming, not surprised, but think his best days are well behind him and wont get away with anything playing in a red shirt like he did in the hoops.

I think he should concentrate on the coaching side of things and only play if really needed. You can see him being sent off on his debut.

14 years in a Septic shirt means no matter what he does up here as player or coach I will never take to him, but here he is and we are bigger than him no matter.

Aldo1983
25-03-2021, 04:45 PM
We all agree that we really need some captain that doesn't miss and hit the wall, someone experienced and willing to take the blame if need be. He's also determined and there's no way he's coming here for to put the feet up.

During the McInnes era it's got predictable and boring.

So signing Scott Brown is far from what we've been used to.

It's bold and interesting.

It might end up **** but I bet more folk are a lot more interested in how our next season goes.

man-erg
25-03-2021, 05:38 PM
I'm coming round to it. Definately would not have predicted this at the beginning of the season.

Not sure how much truth there is in the Alan Russel rumour but that would seem to be a major bit of business.

mondo_notion
25-03-2021, 05:50 PM
How long do we wait before it's acceptable to call him Broony?

Don Julio
25-03-2021, 05:59 PM
Well, we need to find a way to differentiate him from Scott Brown the midget goalkeeper...

Hairdrier
25-03-2021, 06:23 PM
Scott Brown is an audacious signing. We've had ex-Celts at the club before: Billy McNeill, who laid the groundwork for SAF; Roy Aitken, who saved the club from relegation and won a trophy. Good luck to him.

sheepcrooky
25-03-2021, 06:23 PM

If AFC win the champions league in May 2023, it will then be acceptable.

Jupiter
25-03-2021, 06:27 PM
I bet our first game next season will be against the Tims and Brown will be sent off.

RED_JOHN
25-03-2021, 06:36 PM
I bet our first game next season will be against the Tims and Brown will be sent off.

By Willie Collum

donsdaft
25-03-2021, 06:58 PM
Let’s face it, the book will be closed on that scenario.

It’s a bloody cert.

RedStarTorphins
25-03-2021, 07:32 PM
By Willie Collum

For his first foul

arty
25-03-2021, 08:51 PM
Don't know but remembering how quick he was to call Shay Logan a liar about his complaint about a Celtic player ,might not sit so good !?
The Nick name broony might not be appropriate
Can't believe anybody would want that type of player at the club

Aldo1983
25-03-2021, 08:53 PM
Don't know but remembering how quick he was to call Shay Logan a liar about his complaint about a Celtic player ,might not sit so good !?
The Nick name broony might not be appropriate
Can't believe anybody would want that type of player at the club

I wonder if this is why Logan was out the squad altogether last weekend.

arty
25-03-2021, 09:13 PM
I hope your wrong in your suspicions Aldo,all I know is this....is that Shay Logan has been a good and decent player for us over a number of years.Brown hasn't.
If Brown was still that good,why hasnt Celtic made him an offer ?
Out of the two players I'd have Logan every day of the week ( even if he had a broken leg ) over that chancing f*c*er.

InversneckieDob
25-03-2021, 09:47 PM
Here's a sentence I never thought I'd utter......

I agree with Arty.

rustlinsweetiepapers
25-03-2021, 10:05 PM
Maybe his thoughts on the Tonev saga will come out in the autobiography. Until then, as team captain, you back your teammate.

As signings go, who was more excited by Aberdeen signing Jeffrey Monakana, Dom Ball, Greg Tansey or Stephen Gleeson?

Feck_the_Huns
25-03-2021, 10:52 PM

If you’re from the NE, it’s Brooner, not Broony.

Aldo1983
25-03-2021, 10:54 PM
I hope your wrong in your suspicions Aldo,all I know is this....is that Shay Logan has been a good and decent player for us over a number of years.Brown hasn't.
Out of the two players I'd have Logan every day of the week ( even if he had a broken leg ) over that chancing f*c*er.

I hope he's not been left out on the back of it.

It might be that he was left out cos he's been pish for a few years. He's dip in form was around that time he was having "personal" issues as well.

That said, he was a cracking player for us when he was on form.

As for Brown; he was offered a new contract with Celtic which apparently was with a coaching role too.

Aldo1983
25-03-2021, 10:55 PM

XD

Bisconti's balls
25-03-2021, 11:42 PM
Well he is coming, not surprised, but think his best days are well behind him and wont get away with anything playing in a red shirt like he did in the hoops.

I think he should concentrate on the coaching side of things and only play if really needed. You can see him being sent off on his debut.

14 years in a Septic shirt means no matter what he does up here as player or coach I will never take to him, but here he is and we are bigger than him no matter.

No matter what he does you'll not take to him? So if he helps us win a couple of trophies and excellent league performances and leauge finishes you'll still not like or take to him?

Well that for me stinks of hunnish immature bigoted behaviour!

mondo_notion
26-03-2021, 05:17 AM

XD

Let's all do the Brooner, let's all do the Brooner!

That'll work.

nice1simmy
26-03-2021, 08:15 AM

Celtic did make him an offer

Mason89
26-03-2021, 09:54 AM

Yep. The problem was the person that made the offer is leaving too. You would end up in a situation where Brown is there under a new manager, who more than likely wouldn’t want him.

eastnuekdon
26-03-2021, 10:20 AM
XD

Let's all do the Brooner, let's all do the Brooner!

That'll work.

Broo Dog and then see if we can get sponsorship from a certain NE beer company.

irnbru1903
26-03-2021, 11:18 AM
No matter what he does you'll not take to him? So if he helps us win a couple of trophies and excellent league performances and leauge finishes you'll still not like or take to him?

He's not the one calling a fellow supporter a hun for having a different opinion. Brown has done nothing to convince anyone here that he is not a bellend of the highest order so why do we have to like him or take to him?

Beach_End_Bob
26-03-2021, 11:43 AM

And maybe he knows exactly who the new Celtic manager is going to be and that helped him make his decision to leave.

Red_china
26-03-2021, 01:35 PM

To me, I never hated Brown the 'winner' I hated the player and how he went about 'winning'.
to call someone who disagree's with you a hun is fn juvenile .

Brown divides opinion, but a hell of a lot of opinions have changed in the Dons fan base inside 24 hours.

calling any Dons fan a bigot or hunnish is the sign of a weak mentality.. (and there's me sticking up for a teammate, that must make me a winner eh?)

pieandbovrilman
26-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Broo Dog and then see if we can get sponsorship from a certain NE beer company.

They could make a brown ale and call it Broon dog “beer for punks who are also winners but still punks at heart” that would be cool for all the hipsters!

Shetland Don
26-03-2021, 06:46 PM
They could make a brown ale and call it Broon dog “beer for punks who are also winners but still punks at heart” that would be cool for all the hipsters!

I must acknowledge that there is a certain part of Scott Brown that is to be admired in the sense of his winning mentality but ultimately he is such an absolute arsehole on the park that I have completely no respect for him whatsoever. I do not want him anywhere near our club and I am wondering whether I will ever be able to support them properly whilst he is there, irrespective of results. I think I’m out!

Mason89
26-03-2021, 07:10 PM
There’s the whole racism thing, which he’s going to have to address at some point. I suspect him & Ronnie Thingy were told to make those comments to defend Brand Celtic. That aside, what’s he actually done to upset Aberdeen? He’s a panto villain. A bit of a prick on the pitch but that’s it. He’s not exactly a Hateley, Durrant, Robertson, Jack etc

Aldo1983
26-03-2021, 08:37 PM
There’s the whole racism thing, which he’s going to have to address at some point. I suspect him & Ronnie Thingy were told to make those comments to defend Brand Celtic. That aside, what’s he actually done to upset Aberdeen? He’s a panto villain. A bit of a prick on the pitch but that’s it. He’s not exactly a Hateley, Durrant, Robertson, Jack etc

Quite likeable off the park by all accounts.

Logan's days are definitely numbered though.

Bisconti's balls
26-03-2021, 10:10 PM
To me, I never hated Brown the 'winner' I hated the player and how he went about 'winning'.
to call someone who disagree's with you a hun is fn juvenile .

Brown divides opinion, but a hell of a lot of opinions have changed in the Dons fan base inside 24 hours.

calling any Dons fan a bigot or hunnish is the sign of a weak mentality.. (and there's me sticking up for a teammate, that must make me a winner eh?)

Aww gimme peace! He isn't disagreeing!! He is saying no matter what brown does for afc he will always dislike him! Sorry that's f ucking hunnish behaviour to me! FACT!!

ByeByeScum2012
26-03-2021, 10:23 PM
Aww gimme peace! He isn't disagreeing!! He is saying no matter what brown does for afc he will always dislike him! Sorry that's f ucking hunnish behaviour to me! FACT!!

He’s a horrible c unt.
He basically stuck up for a racist and in doing so inferred Shay was a liar.
He’s 35 and well past his best as a player. Why would we build our side around a has been?
He has no coaching experience.
He’s a horrible c unt.
He’s bullied younger players on the park for years - eg elbow to Wright’s coupon last season
I’ll always dislike him aswell.
You can’t expect everyone to have the same opinion as yourself.
He’s a horrible c unt.
Call me a hun and it’s Moncler time in the Pittodrie Bar!

InversneckieDob
26-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Implied.

pieandbovrilman
26-03-2021, 10:33 PM
I must acknowledge that there is a certain part of Scott Brown that is to be admired in the sense of his winning mentality but ultimately he is such an absolute arsehole on the park that I have completely no respect for him whatsoever. I do not want him anywhere near our club and I am wondering whether I will ever be able to support them properly whilst he is there, irrespective of results. I think I’m out!

So , you don’t think the Beer is a good idea ?

mondo_notion
26-03-2021, 10:44 PM
I guess it all comes down to where you place him on the despicable c~nt scale.

Allan McGregor is a solid 10 on the despicable c~nt scale so obviously would never be allowed to play for the dons.

Lafferty is a 9 so could never pull on a red jersey.

Lennon is a 7 or 8 rated despicable c~nt, he doesn't make it as player or manager.

Brooner is a 6. Borderline but scrapes in. In my opinion.

Bisconti's balls
26-03-2021, 10:57 PM
He’s a horrible c unt.
He’s 35 and well past his best as a player. Why would we build our side around a has been?
He’s a horrible c unt.
He’s bullied younger players on the park for years - eg elbow to Wright’s coupon last season
He’s a horrible c unt.

What a nasty piece of work you are! Foul mouthed creep!! Basically trying to say you'll attack me in the pit bar! Do fu ck off you utter pathetic individual!!

Bisconti's balls
26-03-2021, 11:09 PM
..for a small minority of our fans to choose hating brown' over fully supporting your team is a horrible and manic way to live, thankfully many on here are not like that' i think

mondo_notion
26-03-2021, 11:10 PM
What a nasty piece of work you are! Foul mouthed creep!! Basically trying to say you'll attack me in the pit bar! Do fu ck off you utter pathetic individual!!

The Pit bar is closed for covid.

bigj
26-03-2021, 11:23 PM

To be honest I dont think the threat of violence was completely real more tongue in cheek

Aldo1983
26-03-2021, 11:31 PM

Moncler is so 2018 as well*

*RST 2020

pieandbovrilman
26-03-2021, 11:40 PM
Fiiiiiiggghhhhhttttt

The Red Max
27-03-2021, 12:25 AM

It would be closed for good if all the "square go" challenges on this forum ever actually came to anything!

NaeMairNeeps
27-03-2021, 08:04 AM

The Red Max
27-03-2021, 09:03 AM

I see it, but I still don't quite believe it!

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 09:07 AM
So , you don’t think the Beer is a good idea ?

No, bad idea. I do, however, like Brewdog Punk beer 🍺 and regularly drink it but it gives me a sore head. I had Stella last night, not too many though, for fear of giving the wife a sore head. I wouldn’t drink a Broony beer though, ever, as thinking of him in Dons attire gives me a severe migraine.

donsdaft
27-03-2021, 09:19 AM
He’s a horrible c unt.
He’s a horrible c unt.
He’s a horrible c unt.

If Glass and Brown (there must be a tint joke in there somewhere) end up playing Brown in midfield then they will have failed in their recruitment over the summer.

We shouldn't be planning to play ANY 35 year old regularly.
Particularly one who's game depends on graft as opposed to skill.

neilthedon
27-03-2021, 09:32 AM
If Glass and Brown (there must be a tint joke in there somewhere) end up playing Brown in midfield then they will have failed in their recruitment over the summer.

I'm not so sure about that . He strolled through league games st his present club.

I've never watched his paly to admite it . But thinking on it now, reckon he has the skill to make itlook like he was strolling through games . Picked it up and csrried it forward from deep. Or poped up around the box and recirculated it agsin ro the forwards. Blah blah

Yes , he will be useful for playing against more thanhalf theteams we play agsinst. Just standing snd pointing at everybody would be brilliant ( as I type this I am recacalling having to watch Gleeson and Forrester ............)

It'll be i teresring to see how he handles the situations we have already brought up.

An on field apology to Shay , an ironic bow ro the Beach End. Scoring against the filth and then standing arms outstreched towards their away support ......the little things !!!

pieandbovrilman
27-03-2021, 09:42 AM

There must be a marketing opportunity for you there min wi the Glasses.
Fit aboot getting life size cut outs of Brown and Glass wearing sunglasses oot side your shop and a slogan like “get yer broon glasses here this summer”?

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 09:54 AM

Foul mouthed? I’d be surprised if 99% of the posters on here haven’t used the same word to describe Brown at some point.

And I think you took the Moncler joke a bit too seriously buttercup.

eastnuekdon
27-03-2021, 10:06 AM

I’m in. I think the club should tie in with BrewDog anyway. I know the guys that run it aren’t universally popular but in terms of marketing they are brilliant. They also go for a lot of tongue in cheek stuff so Broon dog is a winner

donsdaft
27-03-2021, 10:19 AM
There must be a marketing opportunity for you there min wi the Glasses.
Fit aboot getting life size cut outs of Brown and Glass wearing sunglasses oot side your shop and a slogan like “get yer broon glasses here this summer”?

F'uck sake min, my 2021 exclusive collection is Braun frames from Munich.
I don't think they are any relation to Eva but you never know.

www.braun-classics.de

Scotty min (see the sucking up I'm capable of)
I ken you'll be looking in, if only to see what folk are saying about you.

Mind you, my loon didn't give John Hewitt any discount and it's Duncan and Todd that's the Tims.

Still, looking forward as they say.

Bisconti's balls
27-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Foul mouthed? I’d be surprised if 99% of the posters on here haven’t used the same word to describe Brown at some point.

And I think you took the Moncler joke a bit too seriously buttercup.

Ok but no need for such passive aggression pal, I respect peoples opinion but not when there opinion is based on hate. Hate is a useless & damaging emotion.

InversneckieDob
27-03-2021, 11:43 AM
No, bad idea. I do, however, like Brewdog Punk beer �� and regularly drink it but it gives me a sore head. I had Stella last night, not too many though, for fear of giving the wife a sore head. I wouldn’t drink a Broony beer though, ever, as thinking of him in Dons attire gives me a severe migraine.

I bought one of that mixed cases of Brewdogs so I've tried some new eens of late.

Nae bad, there's one that's ca'ed...what is it, clockwork tangerine or something.

Chilled that'll be a right fine summer drink, same with the Elvis juice, but that's 6.5% so you need to keep the heid wi it.

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 11:44 AM
Implied.

Inferred:to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to. to guess; speculate; surmise. to hint; imply; suggest.

The Red Max
27-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Ok but no need for such passive aggression pal, I respect peoples opinion but not when there opinion is based on hate. Hate is a useless & damaging emotion.

In fairness, for better or worse, its what fitba fans thrive on, we're all wee laddies that never grew up.

Welcome aboard though, mannie.

InversneckieDob
27-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Ehhhhhmmmm, exactly?

Unless you can read Broony's mind?

Only the "infer-er" (if that's a word) can draw an inference.
I can't say what inference Brown drew, but I can infer the implication of his words and actions.

InversneckieDob
27-03-2021, 11:59 AM
Sorry, never quoted BBS's post, hopefully everyone managed to infer the correct post to which I was replying.

neilthedon
27-03-2021, 01:08 PM
I guess it all comes down to where you place him on the despicable c~nt scale.

Allan McGregor is a solid 10 on the despicable c~nt scale so obviously would never be allowed to play for the dons.

Lafferty is a 9 so could never pull on a red jersey.

Lennon is a 7 or 8 rated despicable c~nt, he doesn't make it as player or manager.

Brooner is a 6. Borderline but scrapes in. In my opinion.

Lafferty is an ELEVEN .

neilthedon
27-03-2021, 01:11 PM

OOTSIDE !!! then . Ooh. Sorry BB , I may have scared you by shouting .

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 01:30 PM
I bought one of that mixed cases of Brewdogs so I've tried some new eens of late.

Nae bad, there's one that's ca'ed...what is it, clockwork tangerine or something.

Chilled that'll be a right fine summer drink, same with the Elvis juice, but that's 6.5% so you need to keep the heid wi it.

I have never tried the first one you mentioned but I must try it. I, too, tried a mixed case a few months back and that Elvis juice is bloody strong, I agree! So is the Punk and a few cans is okay but if you have too many it gives you a hangover from hell! 😅

eastnuekdon
27-03-2021, 01:57 PM
I have never tried the first one you mentioned but I must try it. I, too, tried a mixed case a few months back and that Elvis juice is bloody strong, I agree! So is the Punk and a few cans is okay but if you have too many it gives you a hangover from hell! 😅

I got the lockdown survival pack last month. You get 24 different beers to try for £40. Pretty decent choice in there. They also just started a new beer club where they send 8 beers a month. First month is free just £4 postage to pay. Can’t go wrong with that. And elvis juice is the baws but agree with the hangover bit

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 04:20 PM
I got the lockdown survival pack last month. You get 24 different beers to try for £40. Pretty decent choice in there. They also just started a new beer club where they send 8 beers a month. First month is free just £4 postage to pay. Can’t go wrong with that. And elvis juice is the baws but agree with the hangover bit

Sounds good. Maybe give it a try sometime. I found the Elvis Juice to be quite frothy but maybe it was “all shook up”! 😂

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 04:41 PM
Ehhhhhmmmm, exactly?

Unless you can read Broony's mind?

Only the "infer-er" (if that's a word) can draw an inference.
I can't say what inference Brown drew, but I can infer the implication of his words and actions.

So you’re not implying that’s what he inferred? I was merely implying that to infer and imply are the same thing!

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 06:56 PM
So you’re not implying that’s what he inferred? I was merely implying that to infer and imply are the same thing!

Inferences are drawn based on what OTHERS say or do. Implications are made by what I/YOU say or do.

Inferences Example, when I spoke to Tam about Broony signing for the Dons he raised his eyebrows and said “I’m nae spikkin about him ...”. From that, I inferred that he thought that Broony was a tosser.

Implications Example, when I spoke to Willie about Broony signing I said “we shall see what happens with that one but I’m not sure what the reaction of the fans will be”, the implication being that I thought that Broony wasn’t well regarded amongst the fans and was, alas, a tosser.

The names are interchangeable, apart from Broony, as he is indeed a grade A tosser. No animals were hurt in this brief summation of the differences between imply and infer.

InversneckieDob
27-03-2021, 07:08 PM

No, they're completely not.

Don Julio
27-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Since we’re into the weeds of a grammar discussion, can we branch out to punctuation?

Is it Glass’ opinion or Glass’s opinion? The former is probably right but sounds all wrong. I never know what’s right for names that end in s (and isn’t there a rule about saint’s names?).

Cheers

Confused.com

Mason89
27-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Since we’re into the weeds of a grammar discussion, can we branch out to punctuation?

Is it Glass’ opinion or Glass’s opinion? The former is probably right but sounds all wrong. I never know what’s right for names that end in s (and isn’t there a rule about saint’s names?).

Cheers

Confused.com

I struggle with that as well. Part of the reason I spent years calling the last c*nt McDug****

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 07:49 PM

Cheers

Confused.com

English apostrophe rules are not difficult to master. Just remember that all possessives need an apostrophe and an "s" at the end. If the word already has an "s," it only needs an apostrophe. If the word does not already have an "s," it needs the apostrophe followed by "s." Confused.com?!

Don Julio
27-03-2021, 07:54 PM
Fair enough! Glass’ opinion it is.

Cheers.

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 08:00 PM
No, they're completely not.

Having now researched the difference between the two I bow to your superior grammatical knowledge.

To be clear though, Brown is a c unt and anyone can infer what they want from that 😀

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Having now researched the difference between the two I bow to your superior grammatical knowledge.

To be clear though, Brown is a c unt and anyone can infer what they want from that ��

There is nothing though to infer though as you are unequivocal in your statement! ��

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 08:09 PM
As long as my opinion is clear I don’t care if it’s inferred, implied, fried, boiled, poached or scrambled ��

Shetland Don
27-03-2021, 08:24 PM
As long as my opinion is clear I don’t care if it’s inferred, implied, fried, boiled, poached or scrambled ��

If your opinion is clear and unambiguous there is no need to infer ANYTHING! 😅

ByeByeScum2012
27-03-2021, 08:29 PM
If your opinion is clear and unambiguous there is no need to infer ANYTHING! 😅

I know that mate, was just saying I don’t give a sh!t 😀

Sooner the international break is over and we get back to debating football issues and not grammar the better!

57vintage
27-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Fair enough! Glass’ opinion it is.

Cheers.

Etiquette traditionally means respect is given to proper names ending in “s” by not using that letter as a genitive (ie possessive).

Therefore “Glass’s”, “Burns’s”, “Jesus’s” “Nae Mair Neeps’s”.

Happy to help. I look forward to marking your homework.

Don Julio
27-03-2021, 08:37 PM
You've thrown me back into confusion, min! I knew there was something about proper names, hence my comment about saints.

So if it's not a proper name then it's s' (so "the bus' tyre blew out) but if it is a proper name then it s's (Glass's decision to recruit Broonser divided Aberdeen fans).

But in spoken English I'm assuming (whether correctly or not) we all say something that sounds like "bus's"?

Off for a nap now...

Like BBS2012 all this excitement has got me itching to see the Dons for the first time in a while. Can't wait for the international break to be over.

57vintage
27-03-2021, 09:27 PM
So if it's not a proper name then it's s' (so "the bus' tyre blew out) but if it is a proper name then it s's (Glass's decision to recruit Broonser divided Aberdeen fans).

But in spoken English I'm assuming (whether correctly or not) we all say something that sounds like "bus's"?

You should use speech as a guide. Nobody says “this First Bus’ windies are sparkling clean, like Gary Mackay-Stevens’s shorts, the little ****ing fanny dancer” because it would sound daft and because everybody kens that First Bus’s windies are clartier than a hun gratefully attempting the 200m butterfly in the Persley Sewage Works’ settlement tank, the filthy orra manky barfit clartit sub-human erse.

InversneckieDob
27-03-2021, 09:32 PM

To be clear though, Brown is a c unt and anyone can infer what they want from that 😀

There is also a difference between inference, implication and fact. XD XD

DonUnder
28-03-2021, 11:02 AM
You should use speech as a guide. Nobody says “this First Bus’ windies are sparkling clean, like Gary Mackay-Stevens’s shorts, the little ****ing fanny dancer” because it would sound daft and because everybody kens that First Bus’s windies are clartier than a hun gratefully attempting the 200m butterfly in the Persley Sewage Works’ settlement tank, the filthy orra manky barfit clartit sub-human erse.

Superb!

The best effort since "pointy eared alien twaaats"

As for Brown i have heard he is quite personable but perhaps if he grew his hair (if he can) he wouldn't look like a simian paler Gattuso.

neilthedon
28-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Superb!

As for Brown i have heard he is quite personable but perhaps if he grew his hair (if he can) he wouldn't look like a simian paler Gattuso.

Idea !! I just thought the same thing. Might make him look softer and cuddlier with a thatch ?!!

bigj
28-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Superb!

Is it just me that's struggling with this concept that Scott is an okay guy off the pitch. I've always had him pegged as a semi retarded caveman thug type entity.
Anyone would think football fans were narrow minded and judgemental

The Red Max
28-03-2021, 01:32 PM
Idea !! I just thought the same thing. Might make him look softer and cuddlier with a thatch ?!!

The last time he grew it, it just looked like a dodgy syrup!

Aldo1983
28-03-2021, 01:37 PM

He was also rank rotten. It was the year we might have actually challenged but we had our own Scott Brown in goals.

pieandbovrilman
28-03-2021, 03:41 PM
He was also rank rotten. It was the year we might have actually challenged but we had our own Scott Brown in goals.

Do you think we would’ve run Celtic any closer with Joe Lewis in goals at that time?

pieandbovrilman
28-03-2021, 03:43 PM

Was it like Lyle’s Golden Syrup ? Awfa fine on a piece .

Aldo1983
28-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Do you think we would’ve run Celtic any closer with Joe Lewis in goals at that time?

Yes.

pieandbovrilman
28-03-2021, 05:13 PM
Yes.
I don’t think he’d have handled the pressure of a title race personally.
He’s been a good keeper for us , nice guy etc but he’s never won anything of note in his career and he’s in his 30’s now . That tells its own story .

TheDeeDon
28-03-2021, 07:33 PM
He’s been a good keeper for us , nice guy etc but he’s never won anything of note in his career and he’s in his 30’s now . That tells its own story .

Loads of players go through their career without winning trophies, especially in lower level football.

For me a keeper is the least of our concerns and doubt we will find an upgrade on Joe easily.

RED_JOHN
28-03-2021, 07:42 PM
For me a keeper is the least of our concerns and doubt we will find an upgrade on Joe easily.

Joe Lewis certainly needs a kick up the @rse. His performance levels have dipped this season and was lucky he wasn’t dropped by The Anchor Man. We certainly need a better standard of performance from Joe Lewis when Glass gets the team going or we will need to source a better replacement. A good team generally needs a strong goalkeeper. Lewis hasn’t been anything like that this season.

Aldo1983
28-03-2021, 07:43 PM

Langfield won the League Cup. I'd rather have Joe.

pieandbovrilman
28-03-2021, 09:04 PM
Langfield won the League Cup. I'd rather have Joe.

Joe Lewis was an upgrade on Langfield but he’s been poor recently.
He’s on a ridiculously long contract though so plenty time to rediscover his form and if he can get back to those levels of a couple seasons ago we’ll be fine.

krakowdon
28-03-2021, 09:18 PM
https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/simon-griffin/****ing-apostrophes/9781785781414?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKPJhvTT7wIVB-3tCh1aDg7MEAQYASABEgJjbPD_BwE#GOR007824871?keyword =

Have this to hand at all times gentlemen.

its_a_goal
28-03-2021, 09:35 PM

I think we would have run them closer if the Scott Brown who is our new assistant manager or coach or whatever he is, had been in goals.

The Red Max
29-03-2021, 03:20 AM
Nothing will ever convince he didn't deliberately throw the semi final v the Arabs because there was some money going down.

Yes, he was unbelievably gash but that 'effort' at the winning goal still defies any other rational explanation.