PDA

View Full Version : Gamez

HughieG
20-08-2016, 04:20 PM
I don't know why we're playing Anita at RB ahead of Jesus Gamez. Is he out injured? Otherwise I'd like to see him play a game of football soon. I was actually quite excited by the signing of him, seems like a solid no-nonsense defender.

Davearmy
20-08-2016, 04:27 PM
He will more than likely play the cup game next Tuesday

toonlegend
20-08-2016, 04:30 PM
they keep saying he isn't fit ?

he came on for us.. was it the last friendly ?

he looked awful

Zippity
20-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Chronicle report seemed to suggest Rafa felt he wasn't up to it yet both in terms of fitness and, more worryingly, aptitude for the type of football played in the Chimpo.

And Rafa did actually say 'Chimpo'.

With a smile on his face.

Then he started singing 'Peter Reid's got a ****ing monkey's heed...'

He did.

trinitoon
20-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Chronicle report seemed to suggest Rafa felt he wasn't up to it yet both in terms of fitness and, more worryingly, aptitude for the type of football played in the Chimpo.

And Rafa did actually say 'Chimpo'.

With a smile on his face.

Then he started singing 'Peter Reid's got a ****ing monkey's heed...'

He did.

This better not be another one of these players we buy but don't play.

Zippity
20-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Crikey, no. We've done far too much of that recently.

Jammy89
20-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Rafa i think wants to play him but he also wants him fit enough to cope with a full game.

Reckon we could see him cup game.

HughieG
20-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Interesting to see how we'll do in the cups this season. I reckon quite well for some inexplicable reason.

Sclox
04-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Looks like hes gone.

Player who I wish I'd seen more of. My guess is Rafa brought him in for his attitude, experience and locker room character. Maybe he sees him as a future coach/manager and one of those whose influence is felt behind the scenes and not in a tangible way on the field.

I've played on teams with guys like this who are just good to have around the place with their personalties.

Its the only thing I can think of.

HughieG
04-06-2018, 07:20 PM
Looks like hes gone.

Player who I wish I'd seen more of. My guess is Rafa brought him in for his attitude, experience and locker room character. Maybe he sees him as a future coach/manager and one of those whose influence is felt behind the scenes and not in a tangible way on the field.

I've played on teams with guys like this who are just good to have around the place with their personalties.

Its the only thing I can think of.

Haha, I'm touched you went back and found this thread XD

With Yedlin having been out of form for quite large periods of this past season, it's surprising to me we haven't seen Gamez. I know Rafa believes that trusting players during bad runs is sustainable in the long run - and he's been right in many cases in showing faith in players - but Yedlin certainly seemed like he could use a break and a bit of competition. Anyway, maybe it's good for Yedlin having gotten a lot of games - Gamez is not a future prospect so maybe it's for the best. You could be right that at this point in his career he's more of a "locker room character".

HughieG
04-06-2018, 08:08 PM
He's officially gone. 7 games in two seasons......

Zippity
04-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Rafa likes his full backs to have biblical connotations...

Jesus Gamez, Ashchraf Lazaarus and Manquillo....well, everyone used to say O, God when he played. :D

See meself out, shall I?

Jammy89
04-06-2018, 08:29 PM

Jesus Gamez, Ashchraf Lazaarus and Manquillo....well, everyone used to say O, God when he played. :D

See meself out, shall I?

XD XD groan

He was on decent wages as well wasn't he, so that is good in freeing up wages sense.

Sclox
04-06-2018, 09:22 PM

See meself out, shall I?

😁

Think someone before pointed out before Rafa must have been covering all the religious bases including a Jesus, Mohammad, Issac, Jacob, an Islam and a Christian in the squad.

Zippity
04-06-2018, 09:32 PM
And now we're Sikh-ing a new strker. As long as he's better than Bobby Shinto-n.

I'd Buddah not say any more

HughieG
04-06-2018, 10:03 PM
But...... this is not the religion thread :?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/iAYupOdWXQy5a4nVGk/giphy.gif

liikape
05-06-2018, 06:29 AM
This was an odd signing. Our full back -signigs havent been very good...

HughieG
05-06-2018, 09:47 AM
This was an odd signing. Our full back -signigs havent been very good...

That's actually true. I have a feeling Yedlin will improve defensively, but.....

Manquillo? No chance!
Lazaar? Can hardly remember what he looks like.
Gamez? 7 games speaks for itself.

Dummett has improved massively under Rafa though.

Jammy89
05-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Lazaar is a bizarre one - i really thought he'd be decent for us but he seemed to just disappear and then go off back to Italy.

Where he was going to stay but now that has fallen through wants to come back XD

Either way, we do need some more full-back cover, unless Sterry is going to be kept as part of the squad in full back rotation?

tooslomofo
05-06-2018, 07:40 PM
I would have loved to see us keep Mbabu
He has had a fine season with his Swiss club, I saw him linked with a move to manure last week!

Jammy89
05-06-2018, 07:46 PM
I would have loved to see us keep Mbabu
He has had a fine season with his Swiss club, I saw him linked with a move to manure last week!

I'd of loved that as well but he wanted first team football and we were not prepared to guarantee, on top of that he was in last 18 months of his contract.