PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Fraser

AFC14
21-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Starts for Bournemouth today against West Ham. Fair play to him, a lot of people said 'he'll never get a chance, stupid transfer' and he got berated. He's gone out on loan to Ipswich, worked hard, and is now being rewarded. I hope he takes his chance.

Anyway, does anyone know if we'd be due any money for him getting a game in the EPL or anything?

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Little sh@tebag

Mason89
21-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Id rather play for Aberdeen for f*ck all than Bournemouth in the EPL. He's got no professional pride

supersamba
21-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Who? Once players/managers/owners etc leave Pittodrie they are no longer relevant. I can't answer your actual question about dosh although I believe it's doubtful but obviously I hope we do.

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:12 PM
Id rather play for Aberdeen for f*ck all than Bournemouth in the EPL. He's got no professional pride

Eh? Why?

mondo_notion
21-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Little sh@tebag

Great input lads, keep up the good work

Mason89
21-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Eh? Why?

Because Aberdeen are 100 times bigger than that poxy wee club, despite what they're spunking in wages

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:18 PM
He didn't sign for Bournemouth to play in the Premiership as when he signed they were nowhere near it. He signed for money and not ambition.

Bournemouth shouldn't even be in the Premiership as the cheated to get in as the deliberately broke FFP rules to gain promotion.

Anyway, Ill repeat he is a little sh@tebag

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Great input lads, keep up the good work

He is a little sh@tebag though

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Because Aberdeen are 100 times bigger than that poxy wee club, despite what they're spunking in wages

They are playing at a higher level than us. I'd say his move worked out quite nicely if he does indeed get games.

He didn't sign for Bournemouth to play in the Premiership as when he signed they were nowhere near it. He signed for money and not ambition.

Ill repeat he is a little sh@tebag

He signed for them, helped them get promoted and now he's playing at a top level. Why would he have stayed at us, really? Very bitter post.

Mason89
21-08-2016, 03:23 PM
I am bitter. He could've stayed here and achieved something worthwhile with AFC. Instead he f*cked off to a diddy club to line his own pockets.

Gallus79
21-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Double crossed us all and took the p1ss out of Aberdeen Football Club, will never forgive him and couldn't care less what he is doing now.

The exact opposite of Eoin Jess, with half the talent.

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:26 PM
They are playing at a higher level than us. I'd say his move worked out quite nicely if he does indeed get games.

He signed for them, helped them get promoted and now he's playing at a top level. Why would he have stayed at us, really? Very bitter post.

So are you telling me he signed with the view of getting them promoted. I would very much doubt that

He also had a swipe at us at the first opportunity in an interview. Maybe he was correct in what he was saying but there was no need for it.

Little sh@tebag

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Bournemouth are no better than Hearts in fianancial terms. So I hope the get relegated

leontrotsky
21-08-2016, 03:32 PM
Hope he has a howler....

supersamba
21-08-2016, 03:32 PM
I smell a rat. Your nickname AFC, that is the start of Bournemouth's name. You one of them?

Brian Grantland
21-08-2016, 03:35 PM
Wouldn't think we'd have put anything in the deal about him playing in the epl with Bournemouth in the deal.

May have put in something about Scotland caps. Be harder for the ginger c'ockend to ignore him if he's playig in that league.
(Although I'm sure he'll find a way)

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:35 PM
So are you telling me he signed with the view of getting them promoted. I would very much doubt that

He also had a swipe at us at the first opportunity in an interview. Maybe he was correct in what he was saying but there was no need for it.

Little sh@tebag

Maybe he bought into their project - after all, their Russian backers came in around that time and they went on a bit of a spending spree (in relative terms). Maybe he realised we were utter guff at the time. Maybe money WAS a factor - so what? He made the right move for his career, of that there is no doubt in my mind.

Him taking a 'swipe' was pointing out that we have ****e training facilities and that Bournemouth do not. He saw the ceiling that there is at Aberdeen, and moved on. In due course, that ceiling could be lifted if we do get training facilities. Until then, you can't blame our young talent for wanting to move on.

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:36 PM
I smell a rat. Your nickname AFC, that is the start of Bournemouth's name. You one of them?

Aye, up the Cherries! ;D

theram1975
21-08-2016, 03:36 PM
Playing in the Premiership two weeks before Scotland play. Straching must be w@nking himself into a frenzy over this.

Mason89
21-08-2016, 03:38 PM
The training facilities was a smokescreen. We could've had the worlds best, the little sh1t would've still f*cked off to Bournemouth.

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 03:39 PM
Him taking a 'swipe' was pointing out that we have ****e training facilities and that Bournemouth do not. He saw the ceiling that there is at Aberdeen, and moved on. In due course, that ceiling could be lifted if we do get training facilities. Until then, you can't blame our young talent for wanting to move on.

Pretty professional of him to f@ck off and slate the club. Little w@anker. Everyone and their dog knows we have sh@te training so why take to the media. Hope he has a mare or gets snapped

AFC78
21-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Double crossed us all and took the p1ss out of Aberdeen Football Club, will never forgive him and couldn't care less what he is doing now.

The exact opposite of Eoin Jess, with half the talent.

Exactly a greedy little midget tosser who ****ed over AFC. Bournemouth are the english equivalent of East Stirling in terms of size. They will soon slip back to the lower rungs of guff football once the money dries up.

Brian Grantland
21-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Playing in the Premiership two weeks before Scotland play. Straching must be w@nking himself into a frenzy over this.

James Forrest will get picked ahead of him.

Brian Grantland
21-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Exactly a greedy little midget tosser who ****ed over AFC. Bournemouth are the english equivalent of East Stirling in terms of size. They will soon slip back to the lower rungs of guff football once the money dries up.

you registered to say that?

AFC78
21-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Pretty professional of him to f@ck off and slate the club. Little w@anker. Everyone and their dog knows we have sh@te training so why take to the media. Hope he has a mare or gets snapped

Nasty little leg break from one of the West Ham players on him would do nicely. Dwarf cnut!

AFC78
21-08-2016, 03:50 PM
you registered to say that?

No ive been here before under a different name.

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:50 PM
It's tragic how people are wishing ill of the guy because he had the audacity to move on from us.

Mason89
21-08-2016, 03:52 PM
It's tragic how people are wishing ill of the guy because he had the audacity to move on from us.

That's not it. There's ways of doing it.

Nobody held it against Theo when he ended up at the Huns FFS. The wee scrote f*cked us over.

AFC14
21-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Nobody held it against Theo when he ended up at the Huns FFS. The wee scrote f*cked us over.

How did he **** us over?

DandyDons1903
21-08-2016, 04:26 PM
I hope the wee **** gets melted down and used for glue.

medw1311
21-08-2016, 05:02 PM
From the BBC text commentary:

"Bournemouth get their first corner of the game and Ryan Fraser curls it straight out of play for a West Ham goal-kick.

Not ideal."

Pacman1903
21-08-2016, 05:02 PM

Its nothing to do with him leaving. Its what followed. There was no need for it.

LED
21-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Its nothing to do with him leaving. Its what followed. There was no need for it.
All he did was explain why he didn't want to stay on at the club. He wanted to stay behind and practice after the other players went home but couldn't because of the lack of training facilities.
It also wasn't his fault that Aberdeen let him play while only having 10 months left on his contract.

Don't forget despite his warning we still lost maguire, grimmer and fyvie all to the same lack of training facilities.

What did change though was we started to put players on longer contracts eg Reynolds.

Mason89
21-08-2016, 05:19 PM
His warning!? You would maybe take it from Willie Miller in his day but Ryan Fraser?

Not one of those money grabbing wee shytes would've stayed if our training facilities were state of the art. Does anyone honestly believe Cwith Maguire was that concerned with his own development as a player?

campervanbethoven
21-08-2016, 05:46 PM

I did, fecking cloggie cnut. Had a similar view about it when I approached Ian Donald in Oscars which resulted in me being swiftly ejected.

RealPompeyDon
21-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Cwith scored the winner for Oxford Utd, yesterday. Grimmer spent most of last season at Shrewsbury. Fyvie played 1 game in 3 seasons at Wigan. But hey ho, as long as they're happy with their bank balances, to hell with the team that nurtured them.

Gallus79
21-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Failures, the lot of them.

ohno
21-08-2016, 07:43 PM
His warning!? You would maybe take it from Willie Miller in his day but Ryan Fraser?

Not one of those money grabbing wee shytes would've stayed if our training facilities were state of the art. Does anyone honestly believe Cwith Maguire was that concerned with his own development as a player?

I think the whole Fraser thing was handled badly. He was MOM at least 6 times and AFC should have done something then when he was putting in star performances not when other clubs were interested.

deedon
21-08-2016, 08:27 PM

Err, well actually..... :O

Mason89
21-08-2016, 08:33 PM
What I mean is that Theo could go to Pittodrie, do the half time draw, wave at the crowd & be treated as a hero.

Davie Robertson couldn't

TheRealSLYFOX
21-08-2016, 10:02 PM
I think the whole Fraser thing was handled badly. He was MOM at least 6 times and AFC should have done something then when he was putting in star performances not when other clubs were interested.
Correct! Craig Brown was more concerned with telling the press how he was keeping Ryan's feet on the ground by making him make his tea and clean Archie's boots. So who could blame for moving to work under a modern manager like Howe.
If he'd stayed here McInnes wouldn't have played him anyway.

supersamba
22-08-2016, 08:23 AM
What I mean is that Theo could go to Pittodrie, do the half time draw, wave at the crowd & be treated as a hero.

Davie Robertson couldn't

That's for sure. Is it true or just another urban myth that he christened two of his children Chelsea and Mason?

awafaehame
22-08-2016, 08:47 AM
Jeez, the guys left, what is the problem?
I feel that even Theo blotted his copy book going to the deid huns, and I was devastated when he did.

Any other players that were going south to better themselves, I have no gripe with whatsoever. It worked out for some, and it didnt work out for others, thats how it goes.

I was disappointed Ryan left when he did, but he seems to have done ok, so well done to the lad.

Jeez, lets move on.....

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 08:56 AM

FFS Pacman, get a life.
Start enjoying life instead of constantly being a bitter and twisted.

Ryan Fraser left us for a better opportunity all round.
Better pay, better training, better weather, better challenges etc etc etc

He went down south and has been a relative success.

Don;t try and tell me that you would have turned down the same opportunity, cause if you did you'd have been an idiot.
Wait........

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Jeez, the guys left, what is the problem?
I feel that even Theo blotted his copy book going to the deid huns, and I was devastated when he did.

Any other players that were going south to better themselves, I have no gripe with whatsoever. It worked out for some, and it didnt work out for others, thats how it goes.

I was disappointed Ryan left when he did, but he seems to have done ok, so well done to the lad.

Jeez, lets move on.....

Very True awafaehame.
A voice of reason

Pacman1903
22-08-2016, 09:11 AM
FFS Pacman, get a life.
Start enjoying life instead of constantly being a bitter and twisted.

Don;t try and tell me that you would have turned down the same opportunity, cause if you did you'd have been an idiot.
Wait........

Paragraph 1, you don't know me

Paragraph 2, nice

Ill say again, its not the fact he left to line his pockets or whatever, its what came after. There was no need for it and it was highly unprofessional. Bad mouth the club then f@ck him. Its simple.

Aldo1983
22-08-2016, 09:19 AM
McGhee then Brown? I can't blame anyone for leaving. I'd have left for less money.

offshoredandyandy
22-08-2016, 09:47 AM
McGhee then Brown? I can't blame anyone for leaving. I'd have left for less money.

The interview was to set the record straight on what was actually happening and everything he said was justified if McGinn hadn't been injured he wouldn't have even broke into the team , brown didn't even want to give him a 12 month extension the season before but Knox and Miller convinced him.

The issue here isn't with Fraser it's with that old buffoon who couldn't see the quality he possessed , offering him tuppence to extend and making him do the tea and toast runs to keep him
Level heeded ffs .

Add to the fact he wanted to stay back and do extra training and nobody would stay back with him , the boy is justified in leaving its went well for him and believe it or not it's an occupation for these boys and a short one at that he could see Aberdeen wasn't offering him the best opportunities and put himself first , I'd have left too.

The club is the reason he isn't here duncan Fraser and Craig brown could have done more to keep him but didn't bother thier arse .

Also we have I believe a 20% sell on clause in his contract so fingers crossed he cracks on gets a big money move and we reap the benefits

Not surprised with the boring bitter comments though bunch of bams.

supersamba
22-08-2016, 09:53 AM
The interview was to set the record straight on what was actually happening and everything he said was justified if McGinn hadn't been injured he wouldn't have even broke into the team , brown didn't even want to give him a 12 month extension the season before but Knox and Miller convinced him.

The issue here isn't with Fraser it's with that old buffoon who couldn't see the quality he possessed , offering him tuppence to extend and making him do the tea and toast runs to keep him
Level heeded ffs .

Add to the fact he wanted to stay back and do extra training and nobody would stay back with him , the boy is justified in leaving its went well for him and believe it or not it's an occupation for these boys and a short one at that he could see Aberdeen wasn't offering him the best opportunities and put himself first , I'd have left too.

The club is the reason he isn't here duncan Fraser and Craig brown could have done more to keep him but didn't bother thier arse .

Also we have I believe a 20% sell on clause in his contract so fingers crossed he cracks on gets a big money move and we reap the benefits

Not surprised with the boring bitter comments though bunch of bams.

You're thick you eh. I only used that personal abuse as you ended with the uncalled for "bunch of bams" comment.

You are missing the point completely. The complaint about him was that he slagged the club off upon his departure. Not that he left the club. Then again you probably didn't read many of the posts as I get the impression you only like your own opinion and don't bother much with anyone elses. After all you're right and everybody in the world is always wrong eh :D

offshoredandyandy
22-08-2016, 10:09 AM
You're thick you eh. I only used that personal abuse as you ended with the uncalled for "bunch of bams" comment.

You are missing the point completely. The complaint about him was that he slagged the club off upon his departure. Not that he left the club. Then again you probably didn't read many of the posts as I get the impression you only like your own opinion and don't bother much with anyone elses. After all you're right and everybody in the world is always wrong eh :D

I've read all the posts and my opinion is bunch of bitter bams , one post even wishing the lad a broken leg ffs.

He set the record straight in my opinion the fact is that the club let him down and we missed out on seeing a cracking player develop , I doubt very much he would have left if Mcinnes was here

thestooge
22-08-2016, 10:43 AM
There are plenty players leave Aberdeen with my warmest regards and best wishes. Fraser isn't one of them. While I wish him no particular ill, I'm not in the least bit interested in him scaling the heady heights with Bournemouth or Burnely or Blackpool or whoever the **** he's with.

He's still not managed 60 league starts in a career that began in 2010. He's obviously earned a lot of money though, so, yay for him.

We gave him his chance. He gave us 15 ****ing minutes before legging it.

If he'd stayed here, he'd have won a trophy, he'd have played in Europe, he'd have at least double the games behind him.

He's worked hard to get where he is and he deserves credit for that, but if he'd worked hard here, he may well have had a similar trajectory. He clearly has talent.

As I say, I wish him no ill, but this changes nothing.

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Paragraph 1, you don't know me

You’re correct, I don’t know you personally, thank fcuk.
I’m a pretty good judge of character though and your bitterness in your posts is telling.

Your first three posts out of the first 9

Little sh@tebag
Bitter

Bournemouth shouldn't even be in the Premiership as the cheated to get in as the deliberately broke FFP rules to gain promotion.
Anyway, Ill repeat he is a little sh@tebag
Twisted

More bitterness

As if we still did not get your opinion, you followed up with more

…….
Little sh@tebag
You then follow up with this real beauty

Tells me all I need to know about you

Pacman1903
22-08-2016, 11:05 AM
You’re correct, I don’t know you personally, thank fcuk.

Tells me all I need to know about you

No it doesn't. It tells you I don't like Ryan Fraser and I think hes a little sh@tebag

Is he a relation or something.

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 11:30 AM
No it doesn't. It tells you I don't like Ryan Fraser and I think hes a little sh@tebag

Yes it does.
To have such bitterness towards a player who left us 3 1/2 years ago, was involved in only 22 games for us over three seasons and netted Aberdeen circa £400k does indicate what type of person you are (in my opinion)

Let it go, move on. don't be so bitter, enjoy life.
You come across as being very young, so I'd hate for you to have a heart aneurysm with such an aggressive bitter look on life.

Is he a relation or something.

Not at all, I was excited by him when he broke into the team, but Aberdeen failed to secure his services for longer and respect he has moved on to better things personally

Mason89
22-08-2016, 11:42 AM
I thought he moved on to Bournemouth

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 11:51 AM
I thought he moved on to Bournemouth

LOL, he did but was loaned out to Ipswich for a season.
Heard he got a great contract extension at Bournemouth too last year, on £20,000 a week and a lovely house on the south coast.

Would he have been in the same / better position if he stayed? I doubt it

Pacman1903
22-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Heard he got a great contract extension at Bournemouth too last year, on £20,000 a week and a lovely house on the south coast.
t

Ahhh the important things in life. He must be a happy wee lad

Anyway you clearly like him and i clearly dinna. Its a chat room this happens as its the nature of it. Im nae going to argue and get personal or name calling or whatever no matter how much of an "idiot" i am or how "young" i sound as there no point.

afc1903mad
22-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Ahhh the important things in life. He must be a happy wee lad

I don't know, maybe he is or maybe he isn't.
Nothing wrong with maximising your career and horizons in my opinion (unlike yours)

Anyway you clearly like him and i clearly dinna.
I've no thoughts or feelings on the loon.
He was an exciting prospect 4 years ago and he chose to move on.

Its a chat room this happens as its the nature of it. Im nae going to argue and get personal or name calling or whatever no matter how much of an "idiot" i am or how "young" i sound as there no point.
Good good.
I accept differing opinions, just hope you can refrain from repeatedly letting us know yours.
Your like a broken record man.
We clearly know you think he is a sh!tebag and really don't need to read your opinion every 2 or 3 posts.
Once is enough for us to understand your feelings ;)

Pacman1903
22-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Im surprised the wee nyaff hasn't made the Scotland squad given the fact he has guffball circus experience now. Must have passed Strachan by. Wee gord will be kicking himself when he realises his error

AndrewJolly
22-08-2016, 01:45 PM
A summary of this thread for those who can't be bothered reading through 7 pages of utter p1sh....

Pacman/Mason89 - The axis of buffoonery never fail to disappoint. A world class display.
AFC78 - Probably a child, possibly an adult with a learning disability. Incoherent nonsense.

Mason89
22-08-2016, 02:17 PM
A summary of this thread for those who can't be bothered reading through 7 pages of utter p1sh....

Pacman/Mason89 - The axis of buffoonery never fail to disappoint. A world class display.
AFC78 - Probably a child, possibly an adult with a learning disability. Incoherent nonsense.

What's your thoughts on him? It's an open forum, feel free to join in :)

Pacman1903
22-08-2016, 02:24 PM

So for stating my dislike of an ex player for bad mouthing the club I support(not for leaving which I never said at any point just to be clear) , for comparing his financially dodgy club to an equally financially dodgy club that is Hearts, for having insults thrown in my direction, for stating I doubt he signed for them with promotion in mind and it was more money orientated in my opinion, and for being surprised Strachan hasn't picked him I am a buffoon. Good een. World class display? Good een again.

Anyway Mason, The Axis Of Buffoonery is a great tag team name. We could be like a joke outfit like the Bushwhackers.

Mason89
22-08-2016, 02:29 PM
It does have a ring to it. You want to be Luke or Butch? :D

Wool_Tang_Clan
22-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Where's the like button? Consider this post liked

Heed_Don_In
22-08-2016, 06:08 PM

this ......

Heed_Don_In
22-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I've read all the posts and my opinion is bunch of bitter bams , one post even wishing the lad a broken leg ffs.

He set the record straight in my opinion the fact is that the club let him down and we missed out on seeing a cracking player develop , I doubt very much he would have left if Mcinnes was here

this

MrVanDenBos
22-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Well Ive heard various excuses on AFCs behalf for the Ryan Fraser debacle, the main one being that it is really difficult to identify which players are gonna turn out to be good and by the time they found out it was too late.

What I remember is that Ryan Fraser got some game time at the end of the season.

During the close season on this messageboard there were numerous comments from various posters expressing that they they were excited to see what Ryan Fraser could do in the upcoming season. Most people seemed to realise this guy was gonna be good.

Most people but not Craig Brown who nearly didn't take him on the preseason trip, but for an injury to someone else (can't remember who).

When the season started an injury to mcginn forced pa brown to play Fraser, and only then once it was literally right in front of his ****ing face did pa brown realise.

Alas like other young players such as grimmer and Fyvie, Fraser was not sold on the merits of the pa broon revolution.

This was pure Afc incompetence, which I very much doubt would have happened had mcinnes been in charge at that point.

thestooge
23-08-2016, 06:04 AM
This was pure Afc incompetence, which I very much doubt would have happened had mcinnes been in charge at that point.

Well, at least we can agree on that. There's no chance McInnes would have given any of the young loons you mentioned a chance in the first team.

😂

LED
23-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Well, at least we can agree on that. There's no chance McInnes would have given any of the young loons you mentioned a chance in the first team.

😂

Or manage to get £400,000 for him when he released him after two loan spells with some lower league team.

February_1971
23-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Fair play tae the loon.
Don't get the OTT bitterness at all. If all he did was slag off the lack off half decent training facilities, big ****ing deal. He wasn't wrong.

rosco1965
23-08-2016, 01:11 PM
"Fitba player in move to club who pays higher wages shocker"

To see fellow Dons fans wanting him to get his leg broken ....nae words for that really :-(

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Fair play tae the loon.
Don't get the OTT bitterness at all. If all he did was slag off the lack off half decent training facilities, big ****ing deal. He wasn't wrong.

Correct.
Also, this is what he said on twitter after moving to Bournemouth

Thank you to all the Aberdeen fans over the last couple of years. appreciate the kind words and support aswel.

some other Aberdeen FC related twitter snippets

Any one know a link online to watch the aberdeen game?

Good result for Aberdeen as well good day all round! 👍

Also retweeted Dec McManus's good message for the club and management

His frankness and openness is hardly worth the witch hunt some lament towards him.

Mason89
23-08-2016, 01:34 PM
There is no witch hunt. I guarantee you nobody wouldve given the money grabbing little sh1t a second thought until this thread appeared.

If our support thinks that signing for Bournemouth is moving onto better things, then we'd be as well chucking it

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 03:46 PM
There is no witch hunt. I guarantee you nobody wouldve given the money grabbing little sh1t a second thought until this thread appeared.

Good een.

I guarantee if you were offered to quadruple your wages and then subsequently get a contract extension to quadruple again, you'd not give a moments thought either.
You'd also have been a "money grabbing little sh1t"
In fact, it'd make you a "hypocritical money grabbing little sh1t"
The fact some are calling for him to get his leg broken, just makes it sound like they're "jealous hypocritical money grabbing little sh1ts"

If our support thinks that signing for Bournemouth is moving onto better things, then we'd be as well chucking it

The size of their ground is smaller, but your blinkered if you do not think that better finances, better weather, better training facilities, better opposition etc etc etc is not moving on to better things

Mason89
23-08-2016, 04:08 PM
Better weather :D

I wouldn't move from Aberdeen to Bournemouth for quadruple the wages. By the way, I don't think any of the playing staff are struggling financially

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 04:21 PM
Better weather :D

I wouldn't move from Aberdeen to Bournemouth for quadruple the wages. By the way, I don't think any of the playing staff are struggling financially

Gwa min,
I heard he's now on £20k a week now and playing against much better opposition.
If he was still at Aberdeen, what would he be on? Maybe £2k a week.
So financially, he's 10x better off

Remember, Hayes was signed the summer before Fraser left in the winter, so game time would have been a real question as well.

Mason89
23-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Which brings us full circle back to the beginning. He's a money grabbing wee sh1t

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Which brings us full circle back to the beginning. He's a money grabbing wee sh1t

Yeah, you'd turn down £1 million a year and would stay for £100k if you were lucky.
Seems he's got more sense than some.
It's nae as if he signed for Sevco is it?

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 04:34 PM

To this point, I think Aberdeen should be running the club with the mantra of developing youth, getting fee's, re-investing in the youth and developing the club with more success in that front.

Fraser could actually be a good example for the youth coming through.

We've seen players like Hector come in on loan and then get a £4m transfer to Chelsea. We've seen other loanees come in and then go back and do well.
What's so wrong with developing youth players to move on and make the club some money

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Aberdeen got £400k out of it.
Would you describe Aberdeen as a "Money grabbing wee sh1t of a club"?

Mason89
23-08-2016, 04:36 PM
I could get by on £2k a week. I'd also have won the league cup.

There was nothing stopping the money grabbing wee sh1t joining the big shiny EPL in future. Might even of brought the club that developed him a proper transfer fee. He obviously didn't back his own talent.

The stuff about training facilities, cleaning boots, warnings - it's all waffle

afc1903mad
23-08-2016, 04:44 PM
I could get by on £2k a week. I'd also have won the league cup.

There was nothing stopping the money grabbing wee sh1t joining the big shiny EPL in future. Might even of brought the club that developed him a proper transfer fee. He obviously didn't back his own talent.

The stuff about training facilities, cleaning boots, warnings - it's all waffle

I would imagine your fortunate enough not be in such a position to get such a substantial improvement offer to tempt you.

Was Paul Mason a money grabbing sh1t when he left Groningen to join us, or when he left us to go to Ipswich?

This may brighten up your day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh1BwxWY9zw

supersamba
23-08-2016, 04:48 PM
afc1903mad. are you ryan frasers ma or something? let it got min :D

February_1971
23-08-2016, 05:41 PM
afc1903mad. are you ryan frasers ma or something? let it got min :D

Talking sense that's all.

bpdon
23-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Coupled with the poor training infrastructure, I understand the training regime under Pa Broon and Archie Knox was very traditional and out of touch with modern fitba. That's certainly how I heard Fraser Fyvie describe it and it was one if his motives for leaving. Ryan Fraser obviously made similar noises.

If the facilities and methods at AFC were perceived to be throttling their development, is it really that big a leap to believe players saw staying at AFC as a risk to their career progression?

Its easy on hindsight to sneer at Fyvie who, according to wiki, only played 7 games over 3 seasons in England. But its clearly worked out for Fraser who has played over 80 games in a similar period and has progressed to the EPL with the cash rewards that brings.

If we can't compete with the cash on offer in the diddy leagues down south then we need to offer something else to make it appealing for young players to hang around longer - we don't. Considering our terrible record as a selling club, I think its a bit myopic to assume that if he stayed here he would have netted the club a bigger fee.

TheRealSLYFOX
23-08-2016, 10:42 PM
We certainly had no sports science department or data analyst under Brown.
But we did have Archie with his muddy boots. I bet Connor McLennan canna even make a decent cup of tea!

Mason89
23-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Who cleans the boots at Bournemouth?

TheRealSLYFOX
24-08-2016, 12:18 AM
I'm beginning to think it was Jayden Stockley...

MalagaSheep
24-08-2016, 05:12 AM
:zzz:

What a shyte thread!

AFC14
04-12-2016, 03:19 PM
1 goal and 2 assists today vs Liverpool.

Bet he wishes he stayed so he could watch Adam Rooney motor up the left wing from the bench :)

Mason89
04-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Bet he wishes he stayed so he could watch Adam Rooney motor up the left wing from the bench :)

Ryan Fraser could score the winner in the FA Cup final as Bournemouth complete their double, & it still would've been the wrong decision. Money grabbing lying wee shyte hawk

EintrachtFrankfurt
04-12-2016, 03:30 PM

Bet he wishes he still played for a proper club, not bankrolled plastic english diddys with about 5 real fans!

Pacman1903
04-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Whoopdeedoo

scobiemacd
04-12-2016, 04:26 PM
McInnes would have brought Ryan Fraser on yesterday and played him at right back to counteract the attacking play of Barry McKay.

Jupiter
04-12-2016, 04:44 PM
McInnes would have brought Ryan Fraser on yesterday and played him at right back to counteract the attacking play of Barry McKay.

No he wouldn't. He would have loaned him out to some diddy team like Brechin.

Pacman1903
04-12-2016, 06:26 PM
XD

No he wouldn't. He would have loaned him out to some diddy team like Brechin.

More than likely

rico94
04-12-2016, 06:50 PM
There seems to be an illusion amongst some of you guys that the youngsters who have came through the ranks have some sort of love for the club because they have came through the youth team,absolute rubbish.If any of the youth players got an offer from an English team with an offer of better wages they would be off like a shot like Ryan Fraser did.

Good luck to him.

Redtothebone
04-12-2016, 06:51 PM
His dad is a Hun istagated the move from Aberdeen ,loves the freebie he gets going round the grounds in England ? passing snake mountain on the way , old Trafford a favourite one believes

dons8321
04-12-2016, 07:02 PM
There seems to be an illusion amongst some of you guys that the youngsters who have came through the ranks have some sort of love for the club because they have came through the youth team,absolute rubbish.If any of the youth players got an offer from an English team with an offer of better wages they would be off like a shot like Ryan Fraser did.

Good luck to him.

Exactly. He's playing at a far higher standard under an excellent coach.

Mason89
04-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Exactly. He's playing at a far higher standard under an excellent coach.

He's a Bournemouth substitute

dons8321
04-12-2016, 07:27 PM
He's a Bournemouth substitute

And your point is?

Mason89
04-12-2016, 07:47 PM
And your point is?

That's not a step up from playing for the Aberdeen first team.

dons8321
04-12-2016, 07:59 PM
That's not a step up from playing for the Aberdeen first team.

Seriously?

Mason89
04-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Seriously?

Are you seriously suggesting it is?

dons8321
04-12-2016, 08:09 PM

Yes.

Mason89
04-12-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes.

Then you're part of the problem

Redtothebone
04-12-2016, 08:15 PM

Sakes have to agree with m89 as a AFC fan they will pay the toll one day down the line ? Bournemouth need looking at by the FFP rules coz they are making a arse of it

Kingdomred
04-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Going by reports, his general play and scoring Bournemouths second goal totally turned the game today. I was as critical as anyone when he signed for a "Mickey Mouse" club, but fair play to the laddie, he may well go on to prove all the critics wrong. Good luck to him.

rico94
04-12-2016, 08:19 PM
The sad truth for us is that if Bournemouth came in for any of our first team they would go whether they would be guaranteed a first team start or not.

Who can blame them though there is no way anyone would not take a job with better wages in whatever line of work you do.

dons8321
04-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Sakes have to agree with m89 as a AFC fan they will pay the toll one day down the line ? Bournemouth need looking at by the FFP rules coz they are making a arse of it

No question they will go the same way at Portsmouth when their sugar daddy pulls the plug - their crowd was under 12,000 today. Completely unsustainable. But at the moment Fraser is playing - even for 45 minutes - in a far, far better team and as a footballer that's the second bottom line (the first being the money he's getting).

Pacman1903
04-12-2016, 08:35 PM

They broke them in their promotion to the prem season.

Measly fine was all they got.

Mason89
04-12-2016, 08:37 PM
I watched the whole game today. First full EPL game in years. I'd need some convincing that they're far far better than us, unless they had an off day today.

The wee sack went for the cash only. He certainly never had the EPL in mind when he signed. Regardless, under no circumstances whatsoever is being on Bournemouths bench a step up. Or Bournemouths first team.

rico94
04-12-2016, 08:44 PM
I think the bitterness towards Fraser should be directed towards the guys who decided to only offer him a 1 year deal.It must have been obvious to them in training that he was a good player.It just shows how bad our club has been run in the Stewart Milne era.

RED_JOHN
04-12-2016, 10:09 PM
I think the bitterness towards Fraser should be directed towards the guys who decided to only offer him a 1 year deal.It must have been obvious to them in training that he was a good player.It just shows how bad our club has been run in the Stewart Milne era.

I am with you on that one. Craig Brown was gutted when this lad left. Yes he went for more money but this day in age most players do the same.
We all could see he was a talent when he started to play for the first team. Aberdeen let us down by not giving him a longer contract as his talent was obvious at the time. Maybe the club were scared to speculate at a time when money was scarce. They would have been better giving the lad a 3 or 4 year deal and taken the chance. The lad would get people off their seats watching him run at the opposition and I can't say we have been lucky enough to have a few players like him in the recent past.
I can't say I have paid much attention to his career since he moved away from us.... No longer a Don means that he can only become an opposition player so I have no loyalty to him.

Hairdrier
04-12-2016, 10:24 PM

This is probably about right - perhaps Bournemouth made him an offer that was much better.

Jussi
05-12-2016, 12:09 PM

quite right .

What about the other player fulham pinched , can't remember his name . anyone know whats up with him.

Pacman1903
05-12-2016, 12:24 PM
quite right .

What about the other player fulham pinched , can't remember his name . anyone know whats up with him.

Scaling the heights at Shrewsbury Town

With Ian Black XD

neilthedon
05-12-2016, 02:28 PM

With Ian Black XD

Jack Grimmer.

Is Scotty Vernon still there too ?

Jussi
05-12-2016, 02:50 PM

With Ian Black XD

go his name now still Fulham owned though, out on loan
The 22 year old defender returned to Shrewsbury in the summer of 2016 for his third loan spell with the club.

On loan from Fulham, Grimmer is capable of playing at right back or centre half.

The_Verninator
05-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Being a nosy sod - i wonder what money he is on now

A lot more than he would get from us for sure

Pacman1903
05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Jack Grimmer.

Is Scotty Vernon still there too ?

Grimsby Town

CoveKreep
05-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Good luck to him - but why the f**k is the back page headline in our local paper?

Mason89
05-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Good luck to him - but why the f**k is the back page headline in our local paper?

It'll be because we sh@t the last two games & there's nothing to write about

medw1311
03-01-2017, 09:06 PM
This him won a penalty, and also scored a goal for Bournemouth tonight against Arsenal.

xtrmntr75
03-01-2017, 09:13 PM
This him won a penalty, and also scored a goal for Bournemouth tonight against Arsenal.

He's just gone off but getting rave reviews on't wireless.

Wonder if we get a windfall if he moves on?

actonsheep
03-01-2017, 09:22 PM

Got crocked.

10 minutes after he goes off at 3-0, and its 3-2

medw1311
03-01-2017, 09:31 PM

You would hope we had the foresight to include a sell on clause in the transfer agreement but when it comes to us then who knows. He is currently contracted to Bournemouth until the end of the 17/18 season.

Pacman1903
03-01-2017, 09:35 PM
I suppose its because he went of the c@nts chucked a 3 goal lead

medw1311
03-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Actually just found this which suggests that there could actually be a sell on clause in place......

"Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed that Ryan Fraser has joined AFC Bournemouth.

Pittodrie Chief Executive Duncan Fraser praised the English club for the professional approach they had adopted during negotiations. "Right from the start we indicated that we had no desire to see Ryan move and that if it were to happen, a bid well above the training compensation fee due in the summer and with add ons would need to be forthcoming.

"Following detailed negotiations AFC Bournemouth came back with an offer that was acceptable to the Club, and given the fact that they were free to talk to Ryan and could have signed him on a pre contract, it was only right that we allowed Ryan to speak to Bournemouth with as little coverage as possible, which was what all parties agreed."

http://web.archive.org/web/20130120032810/http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20130118/club-statement_2212158_3045371

deedon
03-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Actually just found this which suggests that there could actually be a sell on clause in place......

"Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed that Ryan Fraser has joined AFC Bournemouth.

Pittodrie Chief Executive Duncan Fraser praised the English club for the professional approach they had adopted during negotiations. "Right from the start we indicated that we had no desire to see Ryan move and that if it were to happen, a bid well above the training compensation fee due in the summer and with add ons would need to be forthcoming.

Add ons could just mean if he gets an international cap (he's technically English isn't he so that's pretty unlikely) or helps Bournemouth gain promotion, etc

AFC14
03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
"Left at the wrong time" etc etc.

actonsheep
03-01-2017, 10:13 PM
I suppose its because he went of the c@nts chucked a 3 goal lead

More to it than that, but his pace was their out ball. Once they lost that Arsenal just did what they always do.

Pacman1903
03-01-2017, 10:29 PM
More to it than that, but his pace was their out ball. Once they lost that Arsenal just did what they always do.

Do Arsenal always turn around 3-0 scores? ;D

actonsheep
03-01-2017, 11:57 PM

When they get to spend the best part of half an hour camped on your 18 yard line playing their tippy-tappy sh1te then aye, they do..! :p

Jupiter
04-01-2017, 06:51 PM
No they don't.

That was the first time arsenal came back from 3-0 down to draw a premier league game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38440999

tamzarian
06-01-2017, 04:30 AM
he's technically English isn't he

He was born in Aberdeen and has played for Scotland under 19s and under 21s. In what way is he technically English?

deedon
06-01-2017, 09:00 AM
He was born in Aberdeen and has played for Scotland under 19s and under 21s. In what way is he technically English?

Sorry min, was mixing him up with PP...

standfreelee
06-01-2017, 11:44 AM

wonder if wee gordon has called him yet

Pacman1903
06-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Nah min, hes nae a championship player

Jupiter
06-01-2017, 06:59 PM

He's nae tall enough for Strachan

tamzarian
07-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Ah okay. Nae problem, was just confused by that!

RED_JOHN
07-01-2017, 03:20 PM

He's nae got a square heed.

Gallus79
04-03-2017, 12:32 PM
I see this mutant is being tipped for a move he away from Bournemouth this summer. Arsenal have been talked about.

I hope Duncy F popped a good 25% clause into that contract. Even 15%....

Ideal world it's something stupid like £10m, can you imagine us suddenly getting £1.5 to 2.5m-?

Could happen.....or maybe I've had too much coffee this morning.

InversneckieDob
04-03-2017, 01:54 PM
I see this mutant is being tipped for a move he away from Bournemouth this summer. Arsenal have been talked about.

Ideal world it's something stupid like £10m, can you imagine us suddenly getting £1.5 to 2.5m-?

You'd hope we have a sell-on in the original transfer deal, it's pretty much standard kit these days isn't it?

irnbru1903
04-03-2017, 02:31 PM
You'd hope we have a sell-on in the original transfer deal, it's pretty much standard kit these days isn't it?

For a club with any sense but at that time we had the business acumen of a nursery school class so I would be very surprised if we had the foresight to think this far ahead.

Jupiter
04-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Where are you getting these transfer rumours from? I can't find anything about it.

Pacman1903
04-03-2017, 03:40 PM
but at that time we had the business acumen of a nursery school class .

:D

rico94
04-03-2017, 05:21 PM

I would hope we did considering we accepted 400k in January when we could have got the same amount if we let them sign him on a pre contract.

Like someone else said they probably didn't.

RealPompeyDon
05-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Be amazed if Arsenal came in for him, maybe a Palace or a Swansea.

As for a sell on clause, knowing our luck it would have a time limit on it and I wouldn't hold your breath getting anything out of Bournemouth.

Pacman1903
05-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Be amazed if Arsenal came in for him, maybe a Palace or a Swansea.

As for a sell on clause, knowing our luck it would have a time limit on it and I wouldn't hold your breath getting anything out of Bournemouth.

Surely with the 90 million they got from just rocking up in that w@nker league they could afford to give us 45m

macattack
18-03-2017, 07:24 PM
I Still find it funny that an ex Dons Boy Ryan Fraser is a regular starter for Bournemouth were as a ex-wonder kid for Liverpool is only on the bench for them :D

Landvetter83
07-10-2018, 01:21 PM
Bournemouth flying. Hopefully wee Ryan gets a big move in January and we pocket 20%. Keep it going, son!

blowupsheep
08-10-2018, 02:49 AM
Bournemouth flying. Hopefully wee Ryan gets a big move in January and we pocket 20%. Keep it going, son!

^^^this^^^ 100% keep it going loon

SF

Aldo1983
08-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Do we have a sell on clause?

RedStarTorphins
08-10-2018, 06:10 AM
Do we have a sell on clause?

I’d have doubts about that.
Wasn’t he at the end of his contract?
We’d not have been able to negotiate one?
All we were entitled to was “training compensation” similar to Hamilton with Lewis Ferguson?

ragnarok
08-10-2018, 06:19 AM
Not surprised he decided to try his luck down south considering the total lack of protection from refs up here. A career ending injury was probably only a matter of time.

rico94
08-10-2018, 06:23 AM
I’d have doubts about that.
Wasn’t he at the end of his contract?
We’d not have been able to negotiate one?
All we were entitled to was “training compensation” similar to Hamilton with Lewis Ferguson?

It was an odd deal we took,we would have got 400k for him if he signed a pre contract but we sold him in January for 400k which derailed our season.

I think that’s why some are assuming we have a sell on clause but I haven’t heard anyone at the club saying there is one.

redstarfk
08-10-2018, 11:30 AM
I'm sure I mind reading on one of the AFC fans forums , canna mind which one, that there is a sell-on clause , but no clause for some sort of bonus for us for Bournemouth getting promoted.

Large pinch of salt recommended, though

DollyLongstaffe
08-10-2018, 11:35 AM
I think if there was a sell-on clause we'd know about it.

Not saying there isn't one, I don't know for certain, but it seems to me extremely unlikely.

afc1903mad
08-10-2018, 12:17 PM
I think if there was a sell-on clause we'd know about it.

Not saying there isn't one, I don't know for certain, but it seems to me extremely unlikely.

I get what your saying, but there are many things inside the club that we don't know about.
It's entirely possible that we don't hear about a sell on until the loon is actually sold on.

Its hard to think where he would move on to. I think he's well positioned where he is.

Mason89
08-10-2018, 12:21 PM
I don’t think he’d leave Aberdeen without one. He’s a nice lad from a nice family

tencaat
08-10-2018, 12:31 PM
I get what your saying, but there are many things inside the club that we don't know about.
It's entirely possible that we don't hear about a sell on until the loon is actually sold on.

Its hard to think where he would move on to. I think he's well positioned where he is.

He would do ok at clubs like West Ham or Crystal Palace. But I have a sneaky suspicion if he keeps up his present form that he will end up at the Dhimmery as a replacement/upgrade for Hayes

afc1903mad
08-10-2018, 12:38 PM
He would do ok at clubs like West Ham or Crystal Palace. But I have a sneaky suspicion if he keeps up his present form that he will end up at the Dhimmery as a replacement/upgrade for Hayes

The question is whether West Ham or Crystal Palace would a) want him or b) be an upgrade from where he is.
Going to the vicTims is unlikely as well. They only want guys they can see a resale vale from , so wont get him unless he is out of contract / wants away from the EPL.

PittodriePile
08-10-2018, 12:42 PM

That would be an insanely foolish step down

Mason89
08-10-2018, 12:44 PM

He’s got previous

afc1903mad
08-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Agreed

He’s got previous

Debatable

InversneckieDob
08-10-2018, 12:50 PM
I don’t think he’d leave Aberdeen without one. He’s a nice lad from a nice family

Spare him his life from this monstrosity........

mainstandmoan
08-10-2018, 12:51 PM
There is def a sell on clause.

Mason89
08-10-2018, 12:56 PM
Spare him his life from this monstrosity........

:D

donsdaft
08-10-2018, 02:14 PM

Hmm. That's a definite then.

thebeachend
08-10-2018, 02:39 PM
Hmm. That's a definite then.

He'll be a Gooner for a flat 25m.

Pacman1903
08-10-2018, 03:06 PM

How can we have inserted a clause into a contract of a player who we didn't sell. I thought he left on a pre contract ort am I speaking pish

Oh aye he left in Jan didn't he. Show how much I stored that info in my head

Hes still a wee w@nker mind you

afc1903mad
08-10-2018, 03:18 PM
He'll be a Gooner for a flat 25m.

Hes still a wee w@nker mind you

Hypothetically, if he is sold for £25M and we have sat a 10% sell on fee, so makes us another £2.5M.
Will he still be a wee w@anker?

Pacman1903
08-10-2018, 03:27 PM
Hypothetically, if he is sold for £25M and we have sat a 10% sell on fee, so makes us another £2.5M.
Will he still be a wee w@anker?

Aye he will still be a wee w@nker. The player doesn't insert the clause. The clubs agree it so its nothing to do with him

Also the hypothetical 2.5m would help fund the Masonic Milne Dome. It would make Milne 2.5m of fundraising down. Just like the potential McKenna Wolves/Villa money will be a case of

afc1903mad
08-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Aye he will still be a wee w@nker. The player doesn't insert the clause. The clubs agree it so its nothing to do with him

Also the hypothetical 2.5m would help fund the Masonic Milne Dome. It would make Milne 2.5m of fundraising down. Just like the potential McKenna Wolves/Villa money will be a case of

Fair enough, I can understand if the rumours are correct about how he was treated before he left.
I'm sure you'd be the same ;)

Landvetter83
08-10-2018, 04:23 PM

Chapter 18 of Bryan Cooney's book "Stand By Your Reds". An interview section with Duncan Fraser. 20% sell on clause in the deal with Bournemouth.

Aldo1983
08-10-2018, 05:06 PM
That'll be lots of money to get either pumped into the new ground or pumped into some snider signing from guffball.

57vintage
08-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Chapter 18 of Bryan Cooney's book "Stand By Your Reds". An interview section with Duncan Fraser. 20% sell on clause in the deal with Bournemouth.

Given that the state of the writing and editing is so appalling in that book, I’d take that with a punch of ****.

EDIT: Fark me, you canna type ‘salt’ in here nowadays.

Rochead
08-10-2018, 05:54 PM
That'll be lots of money to get either pumped into the new ground or pumped into some snider signing from guffball.

Or being used to fund red card appeals.

Don_Corleone
08-10-2018, 09:29 PM

Will probably be spent on 30 Chris Forresters.

Pacman1903
09-10-2018, 05:30 AM

But that book is full of errors and in truth, not very well written

Red Zone
09-10-2018, 04:20 PM
He has pulled out of the Scotland squad with an "unspecified injury". Another one that didn't fancy a long trip to Israel to put splinters in his bum. No doubt fully fit for Bournmouth's next game

redscot
09-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Probably put his back out looking for a lost wallet...

Jupiter
09-10-2018, 05:17 PM
He probably doesn't want to play at wing back again, like he had to against Belgium. Another of McLeish's stupid ideas.

Winston78Snelders
09-10-2018, 06:29 PM
He probably doesn't want to play at wing back again, like he had to against Belgium. Another of McLeish's stupid ideas.

Agreed, get the feeling bottles, sorry Eck doesn't know how to play him, hmmmm maybe look at what hes doing at Bournemouth. His value will rise some if he starts doing it on the international stage, so thats 20% of well it could be interesting. IF he does it and IF he moves on.

Palace, West Ham, Celtic - behave!

GASC1980
10-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Apparently he did report for duty despite having an injury and wanted to play. It was the Scotland medical team who sent him home.

InversneckieDob
10-10-2018, 07:20 PM
I see it didnae take K un t Laughable long to get into the Sevco way of things, withdrawn from the North of Ireland squad.

BogBrush1903
05-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Looks like the deal to go to Arsenal is back on and he's in London today. £25 million being quoted though rather than the £30 million previously