PDA

View Full Version : What's on the shopping list then?

jvmiller
29-08-2016, 04:27 AM
Some might say we need a whole new team of outfield players, but is this a realistic shopping list?

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/rotherhams-shopping-list-what-do-they-need-before-the-transfer-window-shuts/

dantpen
29-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Good read and sums it up perfectly for me. The thing that is annoying me though is how AS seems to have made his mind up on players who were here last season without giving them a fair crack, Halford, Wood, Mattock (I know he's been injured) Thorpe etc. Surely he has to think see that his way of playing isn't working and that other people deserve a chance, but if he doesn't and just sticks with his own players then it shows his naivety and stubbornness.

dantpen
29-08-2016, 06:32 AM
Add Smallwood to my list above too.

gwru
29-08-2016, 08:46 AM
That Left back mentioned is like alot of Stubbs signings untried at this level. We need championship quality players. If they come from the lower leagues got to be more or less be guaranteed to step up. Not like Forde.

hotun
29-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Sometimes gwru it can be just one player who can make you click together,Frecks is a prime example and we have had them over the years,theres no magic formula it just happens,look at Warnock came in used the same players and hey presto suddenly we are beating everybody.

gwru
29-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Frecks sure Peterbora were in the championship when we got him. Surely this Left back they don't want him so what we doing even giving him a trial.

Players Stubbs has brought in would say Fisher, Ball, Vaulks & Taylor look like they've got something. Adeyemi looks like he could do a job when fit. Foster-Caskey & Allen are to lightweight. Brown not sure, don't like players who play on the left wing that can only kick with there right foot. Wilson & Forde not good enough. Might have forgot someone.

mellowmiller
29-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I think we're all pretty much agreed about which positions need filling or strengthening but a key requirement for me is that we recruit some leaders.
Players who refuse to lose and will battle to the final whistle.
The players AS has brought in so far are sadly lacking in these qualities as was clearly illustrated in the abject second half display at Barnsley.

monty_rhodes
29-08-2016, 01:27 PM
jvmiller, your stuff is always top notch and a great addition to this MB. Just one minor point. In your intro you state that Stubbs "promised pandemonium" as the deadline approached. That is incorrect in that it points to a frenzy of transfer activity by RUFC. His reference to pandemonium was a general one about ALL clubs. In respect of RUFC he merely said he was hopeful of signing a striker and hopeful he might get one by Wednesday.

dantpen
29-08-2016, 03:17 PM
Surely this Left back they don't want him so what we doing even giving him a trial.

They have been offering him a contract for the last few months but he keeps turning them down, looks like he wants to play at a higher level. Peterborough will still be due compensation wherever he goes because of his age.

brassgnat
29-08-2016, 03:29 PM
If no recruitment of striker(s) I seriously fear we will be all but relegated by January. The other positions are dodgy, but we do have a degree of cover, and, hopefully players, gelling and improving, but just relying on Danny Ward:s:blue:
Can sign non club contracted players after the deadline, but begs the question as to why they haven't got clubs.(fitness, attitude, unrealistic financial demands etc )

caytonmiller
29-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Don't worry about the window closing as there is a loop hole in the rule. Unless I am missing something.
Chris Maguire being the prime example.

brassgnat
29-08-2016, 04:16 PM
My understanding is that you can't sign anyone, permanent or loan (which has to bridge till January, at least ) But players without clubs can still be signed, after the deadline (11pm August 31st )

caytonmiller
29-08-2016, 07:04 PM
In Maguire's case. He wanted to leave. Oxford wanted him but didn't have cash to buy him. Rotherham didn't want him..
Club/maguire canceled contract. Chris moved to Oxford as a free agent. I'm guessing this is one way around signing players after Wednesday

sawmiller
29-08-2016, 07:09 PM
deja vu in that case...