PDA

View Full Version : History of bad starts

jvmiller
30-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Rotherham's history in the Championship should tell you that a bad start doesn't always mean relegation.

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/bad-starts/

monty_rhodes
30-08-2016, 09:50 AM
You're right, JV, it doesn't. However, some of those seasons we escaped by the skin of our teeth in part due to a car crash club, Stockport, Blackpool, Bolton. In 2001-2 I was at the crucial game against WBA when the ref inexplicably failed to see the ball cross our goal line for what would have been a WBA winner. Crewe fans to this day believe they were robbed.

millertop
30-08-2016, 10:16 AM
Bad start good finish so we will still be a championship team next season and pi ss even more pundits off :)

jvmiller
30-08-2016, 12:52 PM
You're right, JV, it doesn't. However, some of those seasons we escaped by the skin of our teeth in part due to a car crash club, Stockport, Blackpool, Bolton. In 2001-2 I was at the crucial game against WBA when the ref inexplicably failed to see the ball cross our goal line for what would have been a WBA winner. Crewe fans to this day believe they were robbed.

Yep, think we earned that luck at West Brom, though. Were you at the Man City game where a blatant handball helped give them a 2-1 win.

monty_rhodes
30-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Yep, think we earned that luck at West Brom, though. Were you at the Man City game where a blatant handball helped give them a 2-1 win.
A very fair point, JV.

Brin
30-08-2016, 12:59 PM

I was JV....all hell let loose and the coppers just came wading in....

Swings and roundabouts like you say...

As far poor starts I fear the worst if nothing isn't concluded by close of deadline tomorrow

monty_rhodes
30-08-2016, 01:04 PM
Brin, the Coventry Telegraph (no less) reckons we have got AA from Newcastle on loan. That paper is usually Gospel in these matters so don't despair.

Brin
30-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Brin, the Coventry Telegraph (no less) reckons we have got AA from Newcastle on loan. That paper is usually Gospel in these matters so don't despair.

Monty dear fellow.... I'm not in despair but still do fear for the club looking at what has been brought in... Early days I know so give it while Xmas at least....

John2
30-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Early days I know so give it while Xmas at least....

What is your plan at Xmas?

a123
30-08-2016, 02:20 PM

Put the tree up, get the kids some presents, have the family round for some turkey, you know the usual Christmassy stuff!!

Brin
30-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Hopefully to still be around....

monty_rhodes
31-08-2016, 04:52 AM
Hopefully to still be around....
That's the spirit, Brin. You are about to see a new me. I'm fed up being an outsider, fed up of rational analysis, fed up of stating the truth about our half-assed club's pathetic efforts to manage on a shoestring. I will now join the diehards, Kiss Saint Tony's ample arris, spout nonsense about belief and trust and accept that it is our simple destiny to accept whatever the club are prepared to dish up. I feel a lot better already.

caytonmiller
31-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Nice one Monty. Even though you share your native tongue with several other doom merchants it's nice to see you break the mould and at least try
BTW. Is it mold or mould. I'm never sure ;)

mikemiller
31-08-2016, 06:28 AM
It's "mould" as in the good old Moulder's Rest..... currently up for sale, so let's hope that somebody buys it and restores it to its former glory

millavanilla
31-08-2016, 08:23 AM

I was at both games jv, we survived with players like mcintosh and swales at the back not he'll do and he'll do...